• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.

As promised, here is a quick tutorial for anyone who wants to add the Space Cop commentary track as a separate audio option to the regular Space Cop video. The benefit to the option I'm about to show you is that the files are only "remuxed," so no video needs to be reencoded. This should only take about a minute or less to do, depending on your computer.

1) Download & Install MKVToolNix here: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

2) Download the main movie file from VHX (whichever quality you select doesn't matter, for the purpose of this demonstration we'll use the 1080p file)

3) Download the commentary file from VHX (again, the quality doesn't matter, so I suggest in this case you download the 360p file. The audio track is all we're after here and the quality is the same regardless of the video quality).

4) Follow the screenshots below.
OjApxYw.jpg

Open the Space Cop movie file in MKVToolNix

4u9Qh0k.jpg

Right Click and select "Add File" and Add the Space Cop Commentary Video

CyVOD2d.jpg

Find the part highlighted in yellow and deselect that video track. That's the 360p video file that we don't need.

VBC2nMB.jpg

Optional, but recommended: select the Commentary Video's audio track and over in the box on the right hand side, label it something that'll help you distinguish it when selecting.

5) Hit "Start Muxing" and you are done.

Shy

As promised, here is a quick tutorial for anyone who wants to add the Space Cop commentary track as a separate audio option to the regular Space Cop video. The benefit to the option I'm about to show you is that the files are only "remuxed," so no video needs to be reencoded. This should only take about a minute or less to do, depending on your computer.

1) Download & Install MKVToolNix here: https://mkvtoolnix.download/downloads.html

2) Download the main movie file from VHX (whichever quality you select doesn't matter, for the purpose of this demonstration we'll use the 1080p file)

3) Download the commentary file from VHX (again, the quality doesn't matter, so I suggest in this case you download the 360p file. The audio track is all we're after here and the quality is the same regardless of the video quality).

4) Follow the screenshots below.

5) Hit "Start Muxing" and you are done.
Thanks so much for taking the time to do this. I'll try it out later.

Shy

I merged the two vids the other day. and i worked like a charm. Thanks so much morningbus. <3

I noticed that the "commentary" version is 1920X1090. While the "Full Movie" version is only 1920X816. So i merged the two audio tracks into the commentary version's video.

Sorry, is this a serious post? Can anyone confirm if this is really a thing that is in the movie I just ordered?

I watched Space Cop. Unless it occurred and didn't feature explicit audio in the few moments where I went to get water or use the restroom and was away from the screen, there's no such scene in the movie. (unless someone wants to give me a timestamp of such scene, as I'm not going to watch it again).

As for the movie.... well, I enjoyed the Angry Video Game Nerd movie more. I think Space Cop is decidedly not a funny movie, a lot of the scenes go on and on, and seem more like a "Family Guy" idea of extending a scene and not a Sam Simon or Simpsons version (i.e., the peak is Christopher Lloyd from Taxi in the DMV taking his driving test, the lesser is the Simpsons rake gag, and the worst is the scrapped knee stuff from Family guy; this is like Family Guy). A lot of the scene transitions and action are confusing and jumbled, and a lot "just happens" to advance the plot. It's never explained why Space Cop is still on the police force despite being from the future and a terrible current-day cop. Mike's voice is obnoxious and not funny throughout, and he drags down almost every scene he is in. The special effects are great minus the miniatures, which feel worse in comparison to, again the AVGN movie, and while there are some funny moments (the boiling baby, the pancreatic cancer lady, the guy playing with his phone after being shot), there's a lot of boredom in the movie. It's lit fine, and it's made on a nice camera, but that's about it. Oh, and the music is on point.

Last few thoughts: Jessi's VO is on point, but strange considering her total absence in the past 18 months, the shooting in the Plinkett house, which is presented as NOT the Plinkett house, is odd, and there's so many low angle shots that I am seriously wondering if this is just because Jay is so short and not any artistic decisions. Speaking of, Jay's scenes are probably the best because he's playing a character, and Rich does his best while playing a bland, stoic character. Even Jocelyn, or "Nadine" from the reviews, feels held back.

Eh. I could write more, but I gave up on notes about thirty minutes into the movie. Glad it is done and they can go back to doing other stuff. If you want to buy it to support them, then that's cool, or if you are a "fan" that likes anything they do no matter what, you will probably enjoy it. As a movie, it's not at all good. Feeding Frenzy is more enjoyable, probably.

Nekofrog

Banned
mike definitely was the weak link of the movie. his showtimey voice was grating ages ago, and here it is in full display. there were bits where his dialogue was normal (very very very few) and instantly the movie became 100% better for that very very short time

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Doubling down on hating The Witness makes them look pretty of out of touch.

Laputa_94

I certainly find their opinions strong. I can't really state my own opinion since I haven't played The Witness, but claiming it as a pretentious artsy scam is a bit much.

Grinchy

Banned
They loved Shovel Knight but couldn't stomach the DLC just bc it had a new mechanic. They just have odd opinions that don't seem to be based on anything.

The Witness got reviewed well because it's an artsy game.
The game is a scam.
The game should be $5 and be played on a phone during bathroom breaks.

- Rich

Skimming through the stream it looks like all they did was play through one or two of the early areas in the game.

I could understand someone playing it for an hour or two sitting next to a person and being required to talk all the time for an audience not really appreciating what the game has to offer, and if you go through the game in a fairly linearly then it takes a little while to get to some of the more interesting mechanics or the more visually interesting areas of the game.

inky

They've always had pretty stupid opinions on games based on nothing. Sometimes it's funny, sometimes it's not.

I stopped watching their stream when they started to advertise donations anyway. Not a knock on them for doing it, but a personal preference.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
After over a year of Pre-Rec existing, the only people who are out of touch are people who care about their opinions on games.

At this point, I pretty much think this is what it comes down to. I'm going there for the entertainment, not for the game coverage. I'm well informed enough to be able to form my own opinion.

Also, yeah no January episode was surprising.

Moaradin

I couldn't disagree more with their thoughts on the combat. Especially when they use Batman as an example of a game with better combat LOL

mattiewheels

And then the LORD David Bowie saith to his Son, Jonny Depp: 'Go, and spread my image amongst the cosmos. For every living thing is in anguish and only the LIGHT shall give them reprieve.'
Which version of Tempest is looping behind Jack in that review?

Watched the PR video. The plot in Dragon's Dogma is by no means good or complicated, these guys once again show they paid no attention.

- "Why am I the Arisen?"

Because the intro of the game, and you learn more of the Arisen/Dragon relationship as the game goes on. You aren't the chosen hero of mythical legend, you are chosen by the Dragon right at that moment. It's as simple as that.

- Jack hates the combat, Rich says every part is a C to D in grade but both agree the game is the sum of its parts

I'm fine if you dislike everything else, but the combat? GTFO. The 'man sized enemies' you could take on with cool skills, it's not just the light attack. I mixed it up quite a lot with bows and skills and light attacks. If you don't wanna try to win because you're playing in an easy difficulty, that's on you.

Also I loved their Die-Hard Souls GAF mentality of "we just played Bloodborne, is it an issue no game can ever reach these highs?". This mentality is a big issue. The game is not JUST light attack light attack light attack. Seems like y'all should have put more effort if you wanted a challenge and tactics.

The pawn system the issue was likely that yes, you're essentially a group of people with no personality or will. And it was broken at the beginning where friend pawns weren't working properly.

I can't blame them for wanting more personalities and better characters, heck I wanted that. But it wasn't what the game was about.

UrbanRats

Watched the PR video. The plot in Dragon's Dogma is by no means good or complicated, these guys once again show they paid no attention.

- "Why am I the Arisen?"

Because the intro of the game, and you learn more of the Arisen/Dragon relationship as the game goes on. You aren't the chosen hero of mythical legend, you are chosen by the Dragon right at that moment. It's as simple as that.

- Jack hates the combat, Rich says every part is a C to D in grade but both agree the game is the sum of its parts

I'm fine if you dislike everything else, but the combat? GTFO. The 'man sized enemies' you could take on with cool skills, it's not just the light attack. I mixed it up quite a lot with bows and skills and light attacks. If you don't wanna try to win because you're playing in an easy difficulty, that's on you.

Also I loved their Die-Hard Souls GAF mentality of "we just played Bloodborne, is it an issue no game can ever reach these highs?". This mentality is a big issue. The game is not JUST light attack light attack light attack. Seems like y'all should have put more effort if you wanted a challenge and tactics.

The pawn system the issue was likely that yes, you're essentially a group of people with no personality or will. And it was broken at the beginning where friend pawns weren't working properly.

I can't blame them for wanting more personalities and better characters, heck I wanted that. But it wasn't what the game was about.

Joke's on you for keeping up with their embarrassing gaming opinions, tho.

Top Bottom