• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

BorkBork

The Legend of BorkBork: BorkBorkity Borking
Revisiting classics (and the notion that something like tremors count as a classic is delightful to me) is a great theme, in my opinion.
I see a lot of value in talking about something that is a good example why you love this medium so much.

I feel the opposite about PreRec tho and really like them the more they tear down games that are part of some big hype machine, but maybe that's because I am on neogaf and therefore hate videogames.

Yeah I prefer Re:View as a celebration of good cinema. Disappointed at the latest ID4 vid.

Oreoleo

I love ID4 movie. I still have no idea why they, or anyone else for that matter, hate it. Every single one of their complaints seem like reasons why they should love it. Fun cast. Fun concept. Big spetical. Good balance between comedy, action, cheese, and drama. Takes itself just seriously enough to be fun, but still realizes what it is. That epic presidential speech at Area 51 before the climactic battle... GREATEST OF ALL TIME!

I think they bring it up in the Jurassic Park commentary of all things, but the way they talk about it there it seems like a lot of their displeasure with ID4 is in what it represented for movies as a whole- a shift away from movies with good plots to movies that are primarily vehicles for neat CGI, especially in regards to summer blockbusters. It's not just that it's a 'bad' movie.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
Holy shit, I never noticed the Jeff Goldblum "must go faster" reference. That really is "too soon". lol

personal experience, i had seen Independence Day more often and possibly even before Jurassic Park 1. Oddly enough i think i've seen Jurassic Park 2 more often than the first.

it seems like Jeff Goldblum was a favorite in my household.

i will say i do enjoy Independence Day despite it being stupid af. the dog was the stupidest thing ever.

LakeEarth

I want to support the guys, but the Patreon stuff is too vague and the store merch is not really my thing. Maybe I'll buy a bunch of the commentary tracks.

komplanen

I want to support the guys, but the Patreon stuff is too vague and the store merch is not really my thing. Maybe I'll buy a bunch of the commentary tracks.

That's a good idea. I've bought all but the He-Man one and the Bandcamp app is pretty good too.

The commentary tracks are one of my favourite background noise while playing Dota 2. Just in the past week I've listened to all of them three times o_O

I don't know if you get it for a buck a month, but I give 5 a month, and I got the video.

At least people should do this. If you like their stuff, give them... something?

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
Half in the Bag kind of started like Re:View no? It was one new movie, one old related movie if I recall right. Always thought they should have stuck to that.

Grinchy

Banned
I really liked the Independence Day re-view episode. I thought it was hilarious. I'm one of the people they referred to as being like 11 years old when it came out. I loved that movie and remembered a surprising amount of it for not seeing it for so many years. It was great watching them shit on all the really dumb things the movie did.

Yeah I don't do Patreon or any of that internet panhandling bullshit, but I did buy the Space Cop blu-ray.

LTTP: LTTP: BotW: BotW

5qU7Iep.gif

QqW6Mk7.png

They actually have a border around all external content at this point (see trailer segments of re:view and BotW). They probably looked at video's of clearly rule-breaking stuff that somehow manages to stay on YouTube years later and decided to copy it to avoid having to deal with takedowns all the time. That shit gets old real fast.

also made a gif from Josh throwing out **** because of reasons:
47Aw1Uk.gif

Considering adding "fuck you,
tuna
!"

That cameo too.

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mRJmcuC-8Y

No Mike? Josh AND Jack? All my hype for noooothing.
What is this? Why is it an unlisted video?

eadc5fda130c5ea4e7ecec475104d09f.png

It was funny because both Rich and Jay were shitting on it during most of the stream.
Hopefully it convinces them to rethink it. I can understand not wanting to cover the game too much with their cam, but that's too much. I dunno. Whatever. Make the game a bit bigger. Maybe a better color on the border too. I was thinking something like GameGrumps who have like a 10-20 pixel border around widescreen games just to denote that it's footage from a GameGrumps video. Not a huge red acre of empty space.

firehawk12

Subete no aware

Hopefully it convinces them to rethink it. I can understand not wanting to cover the game too much with their cam, but that's too much. I dunno. Whatever. Make the game a bit bigger. Maybe a better color on the border too. I was thinking something like GameGrumps who have like a 10-20 pixel border around widescreen games just to denote that it's footage from a GameGrumps video. Not a huge red acre of empty space.

They actually have a border around all external content at this point (see trailer segments of re:view and BotW). They probably looked at video's of clearly rule-breaking stuff that somehow manages to stay on YouTube years later and decided to copy it to avoid having to deal with takedowns all the time. That shit gets old real fast.

Jack said it was mostly for the donor notifications so they don't obscure the gameplay, but it's such a waste of space because when there isn't a donation, there's literally nothing there but bright red screaming at you.

Sliver

Guess its unlisted and put up for Patreon supporters early. Still haven't been able to watch, had to head to work right after I posted.

Xux

Guess its unlisted and put up for Patreon supporters early. Still haven't been able to watch, had to head to work right after I posted.
Well, shoot; now I feel bad for watching it. I'll have to become a patron soon.

Also, I like the not that great a job at black barring.

Grinchy

Banned
Double Down was a crazy movie that seemed hard to follow, but all 3 choices in this episode were head-scratchers. I couldn't believe what I was seeing lol. Great episode.

This, stuff like Miami Connection thinks it's a serious movie and fails because it's dumb/nonsensical which makes it great. ID4 falls into the terminator gensys school of dumb where it doesn't seem to know if it wants to be a smart sci-fi or a dumb action shlock and doesn't really excel at either.

Exactly.
ID4 is trash.

geardo

Ok, I know that I'm late to the party on this one, but I just watched BOTW 37 and dear god what the fuck did I just watch?

DrArchon

So I just watched the latest BotW. I'm still reeling from it.

I'm impressed they managed to talk about seemingly 5 movies when they only appeared to watch 3.

Top Bottom