• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Won

If they have something interesting to say about it, why not?!?!

All I remember of the movie is that there is a tiger and some hair joke though.

I hadn't even heard of that movie til now.

Worst Christmas ever.

I haven't seen Double Team, and I think I only vaguely recognize it.

However, a hell of a lot can be said about the "buddy crime fighting" genre as a whole, assuming that's what this is. I'm comfortable with this decision, as long as he doesn't dwell entirely on the minutiae of the film itself. This could be a good bump back to the insightful ruminations we got from the prequel reviews.

Quackula

DOUBLE TEAM

So that's the name of that weird movie I caught like the second half of one night on TV. I remember landmines, a tiger, and a baby.

rekameohs

Banned
Cop Dog is their masterpiece. Nothing, not even the Episode I or Jack and Jill reviews, can top it.

I like Baby's Day Out the most out of them all personally, with the gorilla scene, the implied lesbian scene, and how his mind completely falls apart by the end. Episode I, Jack and Jill, Nemesis, and Cop Dog are close though.

I think my first date was out to a movie to see Double Team. It is a shit movie, and there is no reason to review it. I hope it is not the real review. No matter what it will be funny. Not sure what I would really want to see reviewed.

I enjoy the Star Trek reviews, because Mike seems to know a hell of a lot about the subject matter, which makes for good, intricate reviews. I have never seen a Star Trek movie, or even an episode of the TV series, but I really enjoy those reviews because he really tares the movie apart and explains why it is shit to someone who enjoyed the series.

Regulus Tera

Romanes Eunt Domus
I haven't seen Double Team, and I think I only vaguely recognize it.

However, a hell of a lot can be said about the "buddy crime fighting" genre as a whole, assuming that's what this is. I'm comfortable with this decision, as long as he doesn't dwell entirely on the minutiae of the film itself. This could be a good bump back to the insightful ruminations we got from the prequel reviews.
I want them to fuck over someone's sacred crow, dammit.

Just last week I heard a song at the bar that was some woman singing 'fuck the pain away, fuck the pain away". Was he specifically referencing that? I nearly shit; I didn't expect that to be a thing.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
lol that was great.

Can't wait for the review.

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahh

Izick

It's not going to be Double Team. They always love referencing shitty movies to throw people off. Excited if the review is really coming soon though!

Chichikov

I only know the song from that scene in the movie. Never saw the music video. Is that an official music video then? So, it's a real song and everything? It's a real artist?
Real artist, real song, no official video.
And it's been everywhere, and I mean everywhere, like it was on 30 Rock 5 years ago everywhere.
Still a great track and that unofficial video is quite awesome.

nick nacc

Banned
dang i am sooo stoked for a new plinkett review. I used to listen to one or a commentary like every night to help me sleep (no sarcasm, i love the voice it just calms me down)

dont know how ill feel if its double take or whatever, i was kind of excited about him ripping apart the matrix sequals.

whats the half in the bag where they say all the possiblities for plinkett reviews?

markot

Banned
MV5BMTk0NzcxMjYwNF5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTI4MTIxMw@@._V1._SY317_CR0,0,214,317_.jpg

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
A while. It was featured in a strip club scene in Lost in Translation.
I thought the song sounded familiar. But I'd never seen the video ever until now.

Wouldn't it be awesome if it came out tomorrow and they just said in a week or two just to make us not expect it so soon?

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
By "soon" I wonder if it's going to be released on or around New Years. Weren't the Episode 3 and Indiana Jones reviews released then?

RLM put out a facebook post from 'Plinkett's Lair' with 'To Catch a Yeti' on the TV.
Looks like that may be the next movie. It should be great, that movie is batshit insane. They mention is briefly in a HITB episode.

I wouldn't be opposed to it but I'd rather they review a wannabe good movie like Double Team that takes itself seriously than shit like To Catch A Yeti.

But hey Plinkett is Plinkett, it'll be good regardless.

I wouldn't be opposed to it but I'd rather they review a wannabe good movie like Double Team that takes itself seriously than shit like To Catch A Yeti.

But hey Plinkett is Plinkett, it'll be good regardless.

With some of the things they've pointed out like a little boy murdering the maid or the girl nearly suffocating her parents I think there will a ton of good material. The shit movie Vs serious bad movie is like Cop Dog Vs Baby's day out and both were amazing.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Yea I'd rather he do something he's interested in doing instead of forcing reviews of things the community wants. The silly ones he likes are always amazing, forced ones like the Crystal Skull review don't come out very well.

Kinyou

The thing I didn't like about Cop Dog that it's just some random ass bad movie. The kind they don't even show on TV. It's funny, but it's also obvious that the movie sucks and why it sucks, and I don't think anyone has any investment in it at all. With movies like Star Wars, Star Trek etc. I'm more interested in a total dissection.

Izick

You guys are getting thrown off. It's going to be a real movie. It's not going to be Double Team or To Catch a Yeti. RLM always loves to fuck with the fans for fun.

You guys are getting thrown off. It's going to be a real movie. It's not going to be Double Team or To Catch a Yeti. RLM always loves to fuck with the fans for fun.

I don't think they are going to do anther high budget popular movie again right now. After the prequels, people just bombed them with ideas for "I think this popular movie was overated and I hate it. Please do a plinket review I can use against fans. The Next Gen and Star Wars prequels were ill planned and poorly constructed. I think they have to go with a smaller movie to get that.

If they go big budget, I want to see them cover a movie that flopped horribly.

Top Bottom