• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Ullus

They weren't bringing it up for no reason.

The entire stream last night (and for a large chunk of the last few) all they virtually talked about, was politics.

So what do you expect to happen someone wants to talk about the stream.

Fair enough, didn't think of the livestreams.

Their problematic views are getting harder to ignore.

I think I now know what it feels like to be triggered.

I tend to like Jay's viewpoints more than Mike's, and I do get the sense that he's fairly conservative, but I can't really get offended by anything he has said. I guess everyone is open to criticism. Perhaps a college paper could be written about the problematic hegemonic patriarchal racist discourse of Half in the Bag.... it would probably get an A.

The only part about the white washing in Strange that they didn't mention/know was the whole if they cast an actual Tibet man in the film they couldn't air it in China. I think the general premise of you're fucked regardless because someone will get mad is completely valid.

Mike kinda seems to be a little set in his ways in general; like how he didn't really know that dinosaurs having feathers was pretty much the consensus in that community. Like, I don't think Mike's a shithead or anything, he can just be kind of ignorant. I almost wonder if it isn't him feeling attacked.

How old is Mike?

Rich mentioned he is 38 or 39 on the stream last night, I think. Came up in the context of work history / amount of jobs. Jack has been... around, so to speak. With a degree in clowning. Wonder if he has a minor in pain. Or terror, maybe? As taught by professor Pennywise?

But anyway Mike would be around that age too, probably the same (I think he's a year older, mentioned somewhere too). He might even be the big four, the great halfway point, the beginning of the end: 40. Huh, no wonder their humor has gotten darker.

BigAT

Rich mentioned he is 38 or 39 on the stream last night, I think. Came up in the context of work history / amount of jobs. Jack has been... around, so to speak. With a degree in clowning. Wonder if he has a minor in pain. Or terror, maybe? As taught by professor Pennywise?

But anyway Mike would be around that age too, probably the same (I think he's a year older, mentioned somewhere too). He might even be the big four, the great halfway point, the beginning of the end: 40. Huh, no wonder their humor has gotten darker.

Gotten darker? There's a suicide joke 15 seconds into the Phantom Menace review.

Sanjuro

Why is Mike getting flack again? Generally RIch is the insensitive one, Mike seems genuinely disinterested and less on pulse.

inky

Constant complaining about PC culture, sexist and racist jokes, lack of diversity in the workplace, political apathy and disenfranchisement from a privileged, white male slob.

All telltale signs.

Sitting through Doctor Strange, all I could think of was they wrote that role for Benedict Cabbagepatch for a 15 year younger version of Hugh Laurie.

imBask

Banned
Constant complaining about PC culture, sexist and racist jokes, lack of diversity in the workplace, political apathy and disenfranchisement from a privileged, white male slob.

All telltale signs.

you're not reaching at all

at all!

ExVicis

Really?

Mike being 40 is crazy. I thought these guys were mid-thirties highest.
I think Rich is older than just 40 actually.

He's not. Quite the contrary actually.
Yeah I thought he was super left, I recall in a stream he said that and the he supported pretty left-leaning ideas.

Why would you spread the rumor of Rich being Alt-Right for no reason like...

Edit: Wait a minute....
image.php

09efca065440e3a5da5e46b6fd216bd5.png

Ooooh, it all makes sense.

CygnusXS

will gain confidence one day
Do you guys seriously need your entertainers to agree with you? I've disagreed with them plenty of times and still enjoy their actual content and comedy.

Nah, they can have whatever opinions they want. They just make themselves look bad when they keep inserting political arguments that they clearly have a limited understanding of.

I'm still watching and still enjoy their content, I'm also just lowering my personal opinion of them.

Sanjuro

Nah, they can have whatever opinions they want. They just make themselves look bad when they keep inserting political arguments that they clearly have a limited understanding of.

I'm still watching and still enjoy their content, I'm also just lowering my personal opinion of them.

Let's not get crazy. Nobody here enjoys their content.

Oreoleo

LOL you guys.

There's so many crazy people on both sides of this election to be so quick with the finger pointing and name calling, is it any wonder people took your post seriously? I could tell your post was in jest but.. it wasn't funny. Glad you got a lul out of it at least.

Can't wait til this fucking election is over with.

imBask

Banned
Between this thread and the Giant Bomb thread, I think i've read one person say they enjoyed something at some point

but it was pretty cryptic

imBask

Banned
HEY I ENJOYED THAT VIDEO AND MOST OF THEIR VIDEOS I THINK THE ONLY ONE I DISLIKED WAS THE LATEST PLINKETT REVIEW BUT OTHERWISE I REALLY LOVE WHAT THEY DO OK THANKS

NotLiquid

You guys say the hack frauds have conformed to being alt-right Trump sympathizers but what if it's truly the alt-right and Trump that have conformed to being RLM sympathizers

Just like that time armchair critics ripped off Mr Plinkett's Star Wars reviews that changed everything. It's like poetry. It rhymes.

Where's that check.

Do you guys seriously need your entertainers to agree with you? I've disagreed with them plenty of times and still enjoy their actual content and comedy.

That's all well and g ood, but I can still criticize them for certain ideas. It's not like I'm planning an RLM boycott; I bought Space Cop even while I was kind of put off by the recent turn they've kind of taken. I also sent them an email once criticizing them politely and fairly over the "Tranny Tracker" joke, giving explanations on why it was particularly offensive, etc. I never got a response, but outside of Plinkett they never used the word tranny again, so I can at least pretend I influenced them.

Schlorgan

Did Jack go to the same institution as Eloise Cole?

Top Bottom