• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
good episode, laughed a lot

i hope they didnt actually get rid of the wheel of the worst. i like these episodes better than the normal best of the worst.

pretty strange they didnt talk about that 4th video at all...

Cheerilee

Executive Horsewives

That's just best of the worst though. I agree we'd all do well with more Best of the Worst in our lives, but Wheel of the Worst is great because the stuff they're watching is so ridiculous yet also mundane. After every Wheel of the Worst segment I want to be left questioning why this was put on VHS.

The Wheel itself is a great mechanism though, and could add value to regular BotW, HitB, or even the Plinkett reviews.

I'm sad to
see WOTW go
but the last couple of episodes have been disappointing.

They managed to spin it into something positive though. Rich Evans was hilarious as usual.

It's basically what Urban said.

The reason why I personally like BOTW the most is because it's the perfect-ish balance of them ripping shitty movies and deconstructing what wasn't good about them.
It appears to the head and something more base.

that's why you don't like the last episodes? I think they used the formula you like+described in every vid so far. maybe some of the movies are a bit shittier/sillier than others and hard to discuss or not really worth picking apart in an intellectual way but they still always do a good job imo.

that's why you don't like the last episodes? I think they used the formula you like+described in every vid so far. maybe some of the movies are a bit shittier/sillier than others and hard to discuss or not really worth picking apart in an intellectual way but they still always do a good job imo.
Just the last WOTW ones. That was my initial impression after watching last night.

It's a little silly to complain about "free" entertainment, they're always funny and entertaining.

UrbanRats

I'm thinking they should do more extra stuff, even unrelated to movies.

Their conventions coverage was damn funny after all, and this video proves it further.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
So was there a joke I missed with them referencing the Souchi show as something new to the Wheel and SOS, whatever the hell itis being a show everyone has wanted them to land on (think its new this episode).

So was there a joke I missed with them referencing the Souchi show as something new to the Wheel and SOS, whatever the hell itis being a show everyone has wanted them to land on (think its new this episode).

The joke was that all the new stuff was "old" and all the old stuff was "new". That's it.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Lost it at the Kurlan naiskos shattering sound effect from the Plinkett First Contact review showing up in the F4 movie.

Jay: "Hey, it's my favorite sound effect!"

Rich Evans: "It's the Kurlan naiskos!"

TEJ

Is there any idea when the next big plinkett review will happen? Been a long time since they had one. I know these take a while but i'm getting a teeny tiny bit impatient.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Captain America stealing the car is the funniest movie visual since The Room

I'm so tempted to edit the Captain America wiki to Powers: Grand theft auto.

That Captain America is pretty bad as a superhero film. He spends half of the movie getting his butt kicked and the other half being a jerk-ass. And the villain is Red Skull, who ditches his red face after the opening scene. Reading through the production history at Wikipedia, it looks like it was originally slated to be in theaters, but it ended up in development hell until it went direct-to-video (Apparently, even the producers realized they had a stinker on their hands).

The 1979 TV movie is probably worse, in a way. Cap was a jerk in it, but at least the 1990 movie had stuff happening. The 1979 movie seemed to be modeled after the Hulk show (Steve Rogers travels to places in 1970s America to solve problems involving random criminals), only with a lot of filler. And 1979 Steve Rogers is a whiny guy who just wants to be a drifting artist. The climactic battle in the first movie?
The villain is sitting in the trailer of a big rig truck with a bomb. Reading a book while waiting to arrive at his destination. Captain America chases the truck on his rocket cycle, jumps onto the trailer without the villain noticing, and heroically... bends the cab's exhaust pipe to face the trailer's vent, filling the trailer with carbon monoxide. Then Cap and his scientist/handler sidekick have to perform CPR on the villain.
The first miniseries is so dull, that if they get around to it, they'd be better off bundling it with the sequel, Captain America II: Death Too Soon. It's still has a bunch of dull filler, but it has a bit more action (i.e. Cap actually throws his flimsy plastic shield, and it looks as silly as you'd expect), and Christopher Lee plays the villain.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
just at the thought of that: #dead.

that he even did it a second time almost killed me. it's just such a non-heroic move, I can't possibly wrap my head around why it was in the movie at all.

The best part is that Captain America is smiling like, oh man, I'm totally gonna pull this off and it's gonna work so great!

Hahahah great episode.

I remember watching Captain America when I was younger and remember it being better than that.

I'm scared to re-watch the Dolph Lungren version of The Punisher now.

Top Bottom