• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Best of the Worst: Theodore Rex, Carnosaur, Tammy and the T-Rex

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t4pJL1eAh00

Heh, it's funny even just looking at the history behind these movies. Whoopi Goldberg originally only gave a verbal agreement to be in Theodore Rex, wanted to back out of the movie, and had to be sued to appear in the movie (after a settlement in which she agreed to a 50% higher paycheck for the role). The "thumbs-up" that Gene Siskel gave Carnosaur was just a "marginal" thumbs-up.

And then there's the pure "WTF Hollywood"-ness of Tammy and the T-Rex. Who gave it the greenlight? Why? Who was it made for? It's mere existence is just mind-boggling. Well, not entirely, as it was likely approved to capitalize on Jurassic Park's success, banking on the hope that there would be a dino fad, but still...

I hope they do the Mario movie on a video game film themed BOTW.

I can watch that movie. It is one of the few things that can bypass my cynical nature. It has such fond memories connected to it for me.

I'm planning on making a Hoskins Mario costume.

A fun game to play is to count how often Bob awkwardly spits in relation to his dislike of the fungus.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I hope they do the Mario movie on a video game film themed BOTW.

A video game themed BOTW with early video game movies like Super Mario Bros., Double Dragon, and Wing Commander would be great.

(I say Wing Commander because honestly Street Fighter and Mortal Kombat are too good, and MK:A is just too easy. :lol)

EDIT: Also, according to Rotten Tomatoes, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is the highest-rated video game movie of all time. Huh.

Myggen

EDIT: Also, according to Rotten Tomatoes, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is the highest-rated video game movie of all time. Huh.

Man, Final Fantasy: The Spirits Within is the only movie that has made me fall asleep in a theatre. It was at the hight of my Final Fantasy fandom too, so that's quite the achievement. Man, that movie is fucking terrible.

Also, great BotW!

That was a great episode. I wanted them to see that Dennis the Menace movie =(

RIP Paul Walker

I'm not 100% positive about this, but I seem to recall the Dennis the Menace movie coming on TV during one of those Saturday afternoon "Fuck it, just fill the time with something" programming blocks. If I remember correctly there aren't any actual dinosaurs. Dennis finds a fossil in his backyard and becomes famous.

inky

I'm not 100% positive about this, but I seem to recall the Dennis the Menace movie coming on TV during one of those Saturday afternoon "Fuck it, just fill the time with something" programming blocks. If I remember correctly there aren't any actual dinosaurs. Dennis finds a fossil in his backyard and becomes famous.

Damn, that would actually be awful. Dreams shattered.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
my god. those movies...

theodore rex had really good looking suits/animatronics, though!

tammy and the t-rex..............................oh lord

jett

D-Member
my god. those movies...

theodore rex had really good looking suits/animatronics, though!

tammy and the t-rex..............................oh lord

The animatronics in Theodore looked like they grabbed some leftovers from the Dinosaurs show.

dino5.jpg

davepoobond

lol this stream they are doing is so good.

they're doing pictionary via paint right now.

and someone keeps spamming this stupid thing:

Hey Jack and Rich I love the show and all things RedLetterMedia, I am from North Dakota and appreciate the midwestern style humor I am wondering if you will ever play Dark Souls 2? If you do, I will teach you everything without hate or laughing, I am a Demon, Dark, Dark Souls 2 vet so I would love to help you enjoy these games like I do

The animatronics in Theodore looked like they grabbed some leftovers from the Dinosaurs show.

dino5.jpg

yeah, that's what i was thinking. the show ended in 1994, and that movie was released in 1995.

unfortunately IMDB only seems to display one commonality only -- the actors. And they are the same actors that appeared in the original TMNT movies. Dinosaurs and TMNT were both by Jim Henson's production company, so there must have been some sort of deal with Jim Henson's to get that stuff made that isn't credited somehow.

The trivia is pretty great for Theodore Rex, though. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0114658/trivia

davepoobond

fun stream today. they read one of my comments about having facecams on the interns holding boom mics for them. at least i think i was the only one to suggest it since the chat moved really fast ;P

davepoobond

I wonder what's going on this Sunday. They said something big, didn't they?

Not for the stream, it seemed. I think they said that they had something else special brewing so it must be some sort of interview or something new we haven't seen. Maybe plinkett even? They joked about it on Wednesday and said "we are serious"

Maybe they are serious!!

Not for the stream, it seemed. I think they said that they had something else special brewing so it must be some sort of interview or something new we haven't seen. Maybe plinkett even? They joked about it on Wednesday and said "we are serious"

Maybe they are serious!!

We're watching BoTW movies today so there will be a stream but it'll start later than usual.

Guess that's it.

chubigans

y'all should be ashamed
That was great. My favorite reviews are the ones where Mike loves a mediocre movie and knows fully well how bland it is. Bwahaha

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
I remember you guys talking about underappreciated lines in the Plinkett review a few months ago, and I was just reminded of one. "Senator from the planet where the ETs come from, why are you asking me so many questions?!"

komplanen

Recently fell in love with Half In The Bag, Best Of The Worst and Previously Recorded. I have seen all their content two or more times over and now the reality of their slow release schedule has hit me hard.

Any tips on similar "friends watch/do stuff together" shows you could recommend? I enjoy the chill approach more than the idiotic screamfest of some popular YouTube gaming duos.

Also I like Jack a lot but he has the most annoying laugh in the world. He laughs like some comedic father character from an annoying comedy movie.

Top Bottom