• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

jett

D-Member
Man these dudes are MAD salty at the backlash they received over their Boyhood review. :lol It's kinda sad at this point. :p

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
I didn't know they received backlash for it. I figured their comments here were mostly referencing that they seem to be in the vocal minority of critics on the film.

UrbanRats

Man these dudes are MAD salty at the backlash they received over their Boyhood review. :lol It's kinda sad at this point. :p

I don't know if it's because of backlash they received, but it is kind of cringy.
Let it go guys.
Sometimes they lay it on a bit thick, with the "everyone else is dumb" thing.

Grinchy

Banned
Well damn, I guess I have to watch Boyhood.

Good episode of HitB. I am so with them on giving zero shits about the Oscars. The only good thing about the Oscars is the On Cinema Oscar Special. I can't wait for it this year! (Protip: don't watch it live. Wait for it to be edited down)

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
It boggles the mind. :p

---

So it looks like Jay is still putting out daily fake vlogs. I still can't figure out if he's just messing with people or trying to hint at some upcoming RLM project.

Sometimes things are just exactly as they seem. He is just messing with people.

Cheerilee

Did they actually get backlash? I figured they're just poking fun at the universal praise for Boyhood.

Boyhood had 99% (currently down to 98%) on Rotten Tomatoes, with only two dissenting opinions, and then apparently those two reviewers were attacked by Boyhood fans on RT through social media, for spoiling Boyhood's "perfect score".

Jimmy Kimmel interviewed Boyhood's director, and Kimmel called out those two reviewers by name, and dug up review history to try and mock the fact that those reviewers have (shock!) enjoyed the occasional unpopular movie in the past. Boyhood's director then dismissed the content of the negative reviews, saying it was all about the reviewers, not the movie, and that the reviewers wanted to get attention by being the only people to dislike his perfect movie. This apparently prompted an even larger social media attack against the negative reviewers.

RLM was dissenting voice #3, so yeah, they were attacked.

Cheerilee

Was he being serious?

Apparently yes. He's like "Oh, when you get so much praise, it all starts to blur together, so I skipped forward to the one negative review, and it was just some guy wanting to post a negative review for the sake for posting a negative review, so... ignore."

Request for pizza rolls in the title to be changed to baked beans.
Request denied.

Though, to be fair, it has been the same title for years. Might want to update to reflect Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst. Let me think about it.

EDIT: Didn't realize neither of the two OP posts has Best of the Worst at all. Should I just redo the whole damn thing? I don't know!

The Real Abed

Perma-Junior
Request denied.

Though, to be fair, it has been the same title for years. Might want to update to reflect Half in the Bag and Best of the Worst. Let me think about it.

EDIT: Didn't realize neither of the two OP posts has Best of the Worst at all. Should I just redo the whole damn thing? I don't know!
Why not just lock this and create a whole new thread for them? Or just redo the OP.

Also, put it in Off Topic so people actually know this damn thread exists!

aravuus

Apparently yes. He's like "Oh, when you get so much praise, it all starts to blur together, so I skipped forward to the one negative review, and it was just some guy wanting to post a negative review for the sake for posting a negative review, so... ignore."

Geez, he sounds like a cunt tbh.

Unless the review really was just clickbait though, I don't really read or watch anything else than HitB so I dunno how much of that kind of stuff there is

Myggen

Why not just lock this and create a whole new thread for them? Or just redo the OP.

Even though GAF has never been very consistent when it comes to what goes in the main section (Gaming, Off Topic) and what goes in Community, this type of thread probably belongs in Community. And yeah, that means a lot less traffic to the thread.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
i would guess you'd be able to make threads for particular videos and then use them to advertise back to the community. if it mattered or if someone wanted to do it.

It was originally in Off Topic but was moved to the Community forum. Which is where it belongs. People have made separate threads for certain special videos, then had links therein back to this thread. I think that works pretty well.

I might redo the OP(s). I don't have the time to do so at the moment, but maybe later.

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
Boy am I ever excited to watch the 87th Boyhood awards... sorry Academy awards. Boyhood is just so amazing, you could see how I made that mistake.

It took 12 years to make you know.

Grinchy

Banned
Hardly unique.

12 Years a slave anyone? No? Anyone?

They knocked their scenes out in like a year, probably. They should have started filming at the beginning of slavery and edited down the hundreds of years of footage. That was such a lazy movie in comparison.

Top Bottom