• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

So, listening to the GTA stream, I was reminded once again that they tried three times and failed to do a Howard the Duck commentary track (that I hope they do one of these days), and it got me thinking about their commentaries. Are the Plinket ones any good? I think I downloaded the Phantom Menace one, but not the other two. But, I can't remember anything from the Phantom Menace one, so I don't know.

Do you mean the critiques? They're wonderful.

I'm pretty sure I turned the feature-length commentary off pretty quick.

Do you mean the critiques? They're wonderful.

I'm pretty sure I turned the feature-length commentary off pretty quick.

No, the commentaries you can buy. There's one for the Phantom Menace, Star Wars, and one of the Star Trek episodes. Those are in the character of Plinket. The other ones with Rich, Jay, and Mike as normal people are for Alien, Ghostbusters 2, Alien vs Predator, and Samurai Cop.

Shy

So, listening to the GTA stream, I was reminded once again that they tried three times and failed to do a Howard the Duck commentary track (that I hope they do one of these days), and it got me thinking about their commentaries. Are the Plinket ones any good? I think I downloaded the Phantom Menace one, but not the other two. But, I can't remember anything from the Phantom Menace one, so I don't know.
I liked em, if you're unsure, you can always stream them on bandcamp before you buy them.

No, the commentaries you can buy. There's one for the Phantom Menace, Star Wars, and one of the Star Trek episodes. Those are in the character of Plinket. The other ones with Rich, Jay, and Mike as normal people are for Alien, Ghostbusters 2, Alien vs Predator, and Samurai Cop.

I think you can stream them for free. At least, I started streaming The Phantom Menace and, like I said, turned it off pretty quick. The jokes weren't well-prepared and it was clear they just did it to fuck around for 2 hours. Might be worth streaming for free, once, if you're bored. Other than that I don't know.

I never really cared for the Plinkett ones, but the ones with Jay, Mike and Rich are all fun listens. I have actually listened to a number of them without watching the movie, instead just listening to them chat while painting.

Majine

Banned
Plinkett videos on trailers seems so pointless. There's not much to analyze, it's guessing.

But I guess those frauds need those clicks on the youtubes.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
There isn't really much I imagine Mike and Jay would have to say about AoU that they haven't said about numerous other superhero movies.

yeah, i dont know what more they're gonna say other than:

fatigue for these movies
its good
you have to watch unrelated movies to get whats going on in this movie
the next movies require you to watch this one

etc etc. its the same points they've made before.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
There isn't really much I imagine Mike and Jay would have to say about AoU that they haven't said about numerous other superhero movies.

I would imagine Rich showing up as well as character with random occupation (cop, comic book artist, flailing around in tapes guy, etc..)

Cheerilee

yeah, i dont know what more they're gonna say other than:

fatigue for these movies
its good
you have to watch unrelated movies to get whats going on in this movie
the next movies require you to watch this one

etc etc. its the same points they've made before.

There's probably something there, in that Joss Whedon apparently wanted to do something fresh and new, but somehow ended up making average and predictable, and the "it's good" reviews are stabbing him like a fork in the brain.

RLM could try, and fail, to say something interesting about AoE.

But Rich is only like 35.

tumblr_mtm8jnoW5D1rw7pupo1_250.gif

Rich, the construction worker.
Rich, some random guy who used to review movies for the news papers.
Rich, the Spiderman nerd.
Rich, the comic book writer.
Rich, the Plinkett.

You guys are also forgetting about his first appearance when he was some guy who Jay brought in to fill in for Mike while he was on vacation.

jett

D-Member
Pretty funny review, liked the crossover.

They liked it more than I thought they would, although Jay and especially Mike seemed almost uninterested in the movie and in the review. I'm not sure anymore if Alzheimer's Mike is a schtick or if he has some sort of disorder.

Too bad they didn't reviewed Kingsman, they would've liked that movie probably.

Aiii

So not worth it
Mike worded it perfectly in my opinion. It is a fun summer flick, but nothing more than that.

Completely forgettable all in all if your not extremely invested in the MCU and even as a comic reader I find this movie had five main characters too many. For a non-comic reader this must have been hell to keep track off.

El Topo

Rich, the construction worker.
Rich, some random guy who used to review movies for the news papers.
Rich, the Spiderman nerd.
Rich, the comic book writer.
Rich, the Plinkett.

He also played Mr. Plinkett's sister at the end of the Jack&Jill review. He was dressed as a cop for the Robocop review and...I think technically he might've appeared as Plinkett's evil twin? Wasn't that kind of the reveal, that the skeleton they had was actually Plinkett's evil twin or something like that?

Top Bottom