• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Red Letter Media |OT| of Movies, Murderers, and Pizza Rolls

Any news on Best of the Worst?

Or are they still doing Space Cop stuff?

From Patreon:

Also, if anyone's wondering about the lack of Best of the Worst lately: BOTW is the most time consuming show we do, shooting and editing-wise, so it's taken a bit of a backseat while we try and plow through Space Cop post-production (the end is in sight!). There will be more Best of the Worst though.

I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it because I thought they would just shit on T2. I was right.

Two thing about The Terminator.

1)The only reason there was a resistance is because John Connor rallied the groups of slaves who's job it was to move dead bodies. Skynet purposely kept a large enough group of humans that could form it's downfall alive...when it could have just used fucking machines to move dead bodies. That's fucking stupid.

2)Kyle says that if Sarah dies, he will never exist. Not True If Sarah dies, Kyle would just spend his life moving dead bodies and never be rallied by Jon, which is still stupid, see point 1

They wouldn't shut up about 'The terminator and little kid and best fweindz now, how stupid' I thought the whole point wasn't them being friend but what Sarah said about how this killing machine was a better father than any real man was because it would never leave, fail or hurt him.

The only thing in The Terminator that's better than T2 is the police station scene and that scene is just the fucking best.

Snaku

Banned
I wish they'd just finish Space Cop already, it's not like it's going to be high art or anything, so i don't understand the perfectionist approach they're taking with it. I realize they want it to be as good as it can be, but Christ they don't want it to be the next Boyhood do they.

Space Cop, it took 13 years to make! Eat shit LINKLATER.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
I wish they'd just finish Space Cop already, it's not like it's going to be high art or anything, so i don't understand the perfectionist approach they're taking with it. I realize they want it to be as good as it can be, but Christ they don't want it to be the next Boyhood do they.

Space Cop, it took 13 years to make! Eat shit LINKLATER.

I think pre-rec has filled in the gap for me, they launched the right time with the whole space cop production.

They should take their time with it, otherwise it'll suck if it isn't good and they "wasted" all of their time with it instead of making their normal shows.

Hopefully it does finish soon though.

Erigu

Kyle says that if Sarah dies, he will never exist.
Wasn't that just him quoting John?

They wouldn't shut up about 'The terminator and little kid and best fweindz now, how stupid' I thought the whole point wasn't them being friend but what Sarah said about how this killing machine was a better father than any real man was because it would never leave, fail or hurt him.
Doesn't quite negate the fact the Terminator was turned into a "good guy" though.

I love how the most recent Space Cop trailer says "this year".

The most recent trailer is from 2013. :lol

In the future space cop has been out for years, in the past it still hasn't been finished. Space cop has seen space cop in the future, which is why he's in no rush to finish it in the present.

inm8num2

These commentaries are so strange and disturbing - they're the only source of hearing Mike's laughter.

edit - holy shit, I'm losing it at around the 1:20:00 mark. From 'Mad Mouth' to 'Old and Bloated'. Good god, fucking classic.

firehawk12

Subete no aware
If it's just Jay doing the CG animation himself for the movie, I can understand why the movie will take forever to make assuming they're not going to the purposefully chintzy look like the AVGN movie.

Grinchy

Banned
Nintendo is so stupid when it comes to everything. Just look at the Splatoon "demo" for more evidence of how out of it they are.

komplanen

A little off topic:

On 4chan's /tv/ someone contacted a YouTuber who was deemed "cringy" (socially awkward, MLP fan, fedora maybe?) and just happened to like RLM. This 4channer contacted the guy and pretended to be Mike from RLM and showed interest in hiring him for RLM's video games team.

The YouTuber made this audition tape (the link is a mirror) and apparently drove to Milwaukee to see Mike for a faked job interview.

Bullying people is so fucking weird these days.

davepoobond

you can't put a price on sparks
A little off topic:

On 4chan's /tv/ someone contacted a YouTuber who was deemed "cringy" (socially awkward, MLP fan, fedora maybe?) and just happened to like RLM. This 4channer contacted the guy and pretended to be Mike from RLM and showed interest in hiring him for RLM's video games team.

The YouTuber made this audition tape (the link is a mirror) and apparently drove to Milwaukee to see Mike for a faked job interview.

ok, its fucking weird and douchey as all hell, but why would the guy think he is Mike???

aravuus

A little off topic:

:(

ok, its fucking weird and douchey as all hell, but why would the guy think he is Mike???

I guess some people are just super gullible

Myggen

A little off topic:

Fuck 4chan.

I wasn't sure I wanted to watch it because I thought they would just shit on T2. I was right.

Two thing about The Terminator.

1)The only reason there was a resistance is because John Connor rallied the groups of slaves who's job it was to move dead bodies. Skynet purposely kept a large enough group of humans that could form it's downfall alive...when it could have just used fucking machines to move dead bodies. That's fucking stupid.

2)Kyle says that if Sarah dies, he will never exist. Not True If Sarah dies, Kyle would just spend his life moving dead bodies and never be rallied by Jon, which is still stupid, see point 1

The only thing in The Terminator that's better than T2 is the police station scene and that scene is just the fucking best.

The kid and the machine having a bond is part of what makes T2 a much richer work of art. The original T1 is a rather off-the-rack doom-and-gloom vision of the future, just done absolutely perfectly in terms of the atmosphere and tension. T2 presents a more complex, realistic vision of technology as a part of our lives, and John befriending the T800 and holding him to a kind of pacifism is important to establishing how deeply connected he feels to those around him.

My world has been shattered. Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull review spoilers:

XxSWFan92 only liked or commented on one video, which probably means RLM created the account on their own. It was a scam all along.... now go eat some chunkyschicken.com

The kid and the machine having a bond is part of what makes T2 a much richer work of art. The original T1 is a rather off-the-rack doom-and-gloom vision of the future, just done absolutely perfectly in terms of the atmosphere and tension. T2 presents a more complex, realistic vision of technology as a part of our lives, and John befriending the T800 and holding him to a kind of pacifism is important to establishing how deeply connected he feels to those around him.

I guess I agree with them that, although the attempt might make it a richer work in theory, the movie comes across as quite cheesy in practice.

inm8num2

I wonder something - has RLM ever done a fan contest? If not, it seems like a good time for them to do such a thing. I bet the RLM fanbase could come up with some creative entries- video shorts, fan art, etc. Winner gets to join RLM for a Best of the Worst or Half in the Bag episode! :p

I wonder something - has RLM ever done a fan contest? If not, it seems like a good time for them to do such a thing. I bet the RLM fanbase could come up with some creative entries- video shorts, fan art, etc. Winner gets to join RLM for a Best of the Worst or Half in the Bag episode! :p

Eh. I've said this many times, but fans ruin everything. Only recognition they should get are through the PRL stream and bricks through Plinkett's window.

inm8num2

Eh. I've said this many times, but fans ruin everything. Only recognition they should get are through the PRL stream and bricks through Plinkett's window.

I was half serious about the fan joining them on one of their videos. ;)

I don't really disagree with what you said about fans ruining things, though. It was just a random thought - if RLM wanted to do some kind of contest I think they'd come up with something creative and hilarious.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
People have asked Rich and Jack on stream if they'd be open to allowing a fan to join in on a Pre-Rec stream for something like $1,000 or $5,000.

The answer has always been no.

LOL. I think my favorite thing about Pre-Rec streams is the fans running jokes into the ground in the chat. :p

Are there any spikes in your comment?

the most amusing thing to me is Jessi being in the Pre-Rec banner despite not appearing in half a year or something. I think the last was the Octodad stream.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Are there any spikes in your comment?

the most amusing thing to me is Jessi being in the Pre-Rec banner despite not appearing in half a year or something. I think the last was the Octodad stream.

I also love that Jay is in the banner despite not being an official part of Pre-Rec. He's only there because he just so happens to be working on editing things while Rich and Jack are streaming. :lol

I also love that Jay is in the banner despite not being an official part of Pre-Rec. He's only there because he just so happens to be working on editing things while Rich and Jack are streaming. :lol

At least he's on in an irregularly regular basis. Jessi has been on like 3 streams or something.

It seems Jay accidentally left Jack out of the credits in the Mad Max HitB, but he seemed mildly annoyed at the game/Pre-Rec jokes in the episode altogether.

I dunno I've felt the jokes made by J&M in the last 2 HitB about games/pr generally felt in character and appropriately petty/silly. I felt their joke made in the Alien's commentary was more mean spirited and even then I doubt it was intended that way.

Aiii

So not worth it
b8b7397e9e.png

!

Top Bottom