• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Redfall | Review Thread

What score do you think Redfall will get?

• 0 -10%

Votes: 8 1.3%
  • 10-20%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 20-30%

Votes: 2 0.3%
  • 30-40%

Votes: 7 1.2%
  • 40-50%

Votes: 27 4.5%
  • 50-60%

Votes: 81 13.4%
  • 60-70%

Votes: 239 39.6%
  • 70-80%

Votes: 173 28.7%
  • 80-85%

Votes: 44 7.3%
  • 85-90%

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • 90-95%

Votes: 1 0.2%
  • 95-100%

Votes: 11 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Topher

Gold Member
iphone-LIHM.png

killatopak

Gold Member
18 pages and not a single actual review has been posted.
There are reviews on the very first post. Subsequent reviews aren’t released yet because the embargo isn’t lifted yet. All we have are impressions and videos taken by people who have copies that have broken street date.

Be patient.

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Holy shit, this thread has more pages than the entire forspoken review thread and not a single review has dropped yet....

...the thirst for this game is unreal....

And it took two weeks for that game to reach 17 pages...

This thread has been live for what? A day?

Last edited:

Warablo

Def was never hyped for this game, but will try some co-op tonight with friends on PC. I do want a cool vampire game, just something better than this.

analog_future

Resident Crybaby
Weird there are like 3 in the first post and a few videos including one from a french reviewer.

There are reviews on the very first post. Subsequent reviews aren’t released yet because the embargo isn’t lifted yet. All we have are impressions and videos taken by people who have copies that have broken street date.

Be patient.

Didn't catch that, I'll edit my post.

I played about an hour or so of before they took the servers down again and some of the early impressions are pretty spot on

I had some higher hopes for it before its not in a good place here at launch on PC at least
I did the region trick and got the patch atleast like you said earlier, and really? I thought it would be atleast just be alright but I trust you, you always post good stuff

Im gonna go play tears of the kingdom(lol shhh) until I can test this later

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
What was the hype on this game?
I think I've heard it mentioned but I never seen anything on it.
Damn shame.

They (MS and Bethesda) need to make sure that Starfield is much, much better from a technical standpoint. Bethesda, despite a couple of misfires, is a beloved entity, but even that would not help them much in light of the general frustration around glitchy/buggy games. I also hope that the core gameplay mechanics are better than their previous stuff, which took a back seat to the other positive aspects (modding options, side quests, sandbox possibilities...).

Last edited:

mejin

Folks are just frothing at the mouth for more bad Xbox news. 18 pages and not a single actual review has been posted.

Sometimes this place is really lame.

You are angered at the wrong people.

In all honesty it's almost exactly like PS5, with just first party exclusives lacking. Both Series X and PS5 are the same console in different plastic designs.

DAT almost makes a Lot of difference.

justiceiro

Marlboro: Other M
When you game is so buggy even reviewers didn't let slide.

I guess no game pass renovation for more 4 months.

Mitch Dyer was one of the worst game critics ever to write for IGN. His Heroes of the Storm review was rife with incorrect information that he was told was false for weeks beforehand yet he disregarded it and wrote it as fact anyway. Every story he has taken part in as a game writer has been embarrassingly bad. I don't know how he gets work other than because he knows people in the industry but he's a prime example for why western development is so bad right now. Just no talent but getting work because of this awful pronouns culture that has built up over the last decade where you have to pass a purity test to get these major positions and the result has been disaster after disaster.

Freeman76

Seriously, is this the kind of tame bullshit that gets beneath this guy's skin? lol, profile says hes a writer for WB games who worked on gotham knights. My brain hurts
Exactly. Shit work deserves to be called out, ppl work hard for their money. I bet if that cunt went to a restaurant and his chicken wasnt cooked he would have something to say about it. Mind you, he sounds vegan to me.

I'll be honest, this has looked dumb from the start. When I first heard the purple hair tier dialogue I knew it was a lost cause.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
A former IGN critic being critical of another critic for being critical in a game review.

giphy.gif
Don't forget it's the same clown, while he worked at IGN, who made up the why Amy Hennig left Naughty Dog rumours. The same shit people believe to this day. But a sentence saying how could a normally great team produce this dud is too much #bekind

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I will try some more later as I forgot to mess with the blur settings and blur is set to insane levels so made me a little queasy trying to trigger vertigo

Sadly even after playing that small bit I am not in a hurry to even get back into it
Such a shame becuase I was hoping it would at least be worth a blast through with friends...sounds really rough.

Oh well, I have plenty of games to play but this is not what I hoped. I expected low 70s but this looks like it could be 50s to low 60s...ouch.

Top Bottom