• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

I only know abuot this game because of NeoGAF. What the hell is capcom doing with its advertising budget? I want this game the combat system seems fun but since I know it's on PC I'll wait till I have to pay less than $5

derFeef

Our Review is posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNGEr1OPuY

The overall consensus was that all 10 gaffers(actually only 6 of them are the other 4 are from other forums or review sites) rated their experience as follows-

6 said it was amazing
2 thought it looked great but wanted to borrow or buy cheaper to make a clearer decision
1 Wasn't impressed at all
1 is drunk on my kitchen floor and I will ask tomorrow

All of those who will be playing it next will post video replies on the website so I am excited to see what they say after spending more time with it 1 on 1. All in all I feel like it was worth the money by a long shot.

Very cool, thanks. So looking forward to this - I love me some well executed game worlds - smeels like Ninja Theory a bit :)

Spazznid

The overall consensus was that all 10 gaffers(actually only 6 of them are the other 4 are from other forums or review sites) rated their experience as follows-

6 said it was amazing
2 thought it looked great but wanted to borrow or buy cheaper to make a clearer decision

All of those who will be playing it next will post video replies on the website so I am excited to see what they say after spending more time with it 1 on 1. All in all I feel like it was worth the money by a long shot.

Subbed.

That was a great review.

ironcreed

Banned

6 said it was amazing

Thank you. Sounds like it may be worth getting right away. I'm thinking about it.

CHC

This game is looking awesome but I'll probably wait for the Steam sale and get it in the twenty dollar range.

The world design is sick, pretty flawless but WHAT is going on with those fried eggs on the back of people's heads? That is honestly just goofy as fuck

Sounds like a supportable new IP, which is what I was hoping! Pre-order validated!

What I'm really excited about is a next-gen sequel! I didn't expect a perfect game from a new IP with less-than-stellar publisher support, I was just hoping it would be good enough to get a sequel that improves on a solid base.

So hopefully this game gets some decent ratings on the sites and in other YouTube reviews. I can't explain it - do you ever see a game and you just get a feeling for it and start rooting for it?

JohngPR

Has anyone messed around with that journal and unlocked the exclusive content? What is it? I was only able to find 2 of the 4 memory unlocks.

Banned
This game is looking awesome but I'll probably wait for the Steam sale and get it in the twenty dollar range.

The world design is sick, pretty flawless but WHAT is going on with those fried eggs on the back of people's heads? That is honestly just goofy as fuck
You can get it for $37.50 on GMG right now by using a code. Still too high if your on the fence though.

Dunkers92

This game is intriguing, I love the art style and setting, as well as the concept of the memory alteration thing. I hope it comes good, just so it proves a lot of people in the industry wrong. Looking forward to seeing reviews for it

My backlog is so big at this point though, that I can't justify a day one release, unless it is truly spectacular, especially with the Last of Us a week after. I will definitely pick it up at some point over the summer though

I'll just ask this: Since reviews are starting to show up more, did you all want me to add a section to the OP, or was somebody gonna make a thread tomorrow or Tuesday for the reviews like on other games?

i-Lo

6 said it was amazing

This is the first time I've watched your review and I really liked it, albeit with some of the references going over my head.

What I absolutely loved about the review is not relegated to this game rather the fact that instead of handing out scores your system is the one I've independently thought of in the past. I didn't realize that someone else will not only conceive this idea but also expand on it. Plus, your style of delivery is also unique.

One point I'd like critique (and there's only one) is somewhat excessive usage of the word "shit". I have no issues with expletives in general but using it as a master key felt it could be toned down.

Overall, I really liked it and would watch your other reviews to come as well.

Nugg

Has anyone messed around with that journal and unlocked the exclusive content? What is it? I was only able to find 2 of the 4 memory unlocks.

Yeah, here's what I found:

Chapter one, chess board near the end. Move the black Knight from B8 to C6 (leftmost column is 8, 6 is the third one from the left. You can see the letters on the board, A is the bottom one and so on. The hint is the NC6 move on the paper, you need to play some chess to get this one).
Chapter two, very beginning. Drag the picture of Molly and put it in the empty slot of the album.
Chapter 3, near the end (2033). You can click "update status" and post an update.
Chapter 4, at the end (2065). Listen to the audio clips until the end in that order: 1 3 6 4. It's hinted on the window

You get
a bunch of artworks

Roubjon

I hope the PS3 version doesn't suck. I think I might actually pay $60 for this because I have absolutely nothing to play right now.

People saying it gives off Longest Journey vibes is pretty surprising and awesome.

Karak

I hope the PS3 version doesn't suck. I think I might actually pay $60 for this because I have absolutely nothing to play right now.

People saying it gives off Longest Journey vibes is pretty surprising and awesome.

Its pretty surprising that I still haven't been able to pinpoint WHERE exactly it does. It must be aesthetic and overall tone I guess. But it sure does.

One point I'd like critique (and there's only one) is somewhat excessive usage of the word "shit".
Noted i-Lo thanks.

JohngPR

Yeah, here's what I found:

Chapter one, chess board near the end. Move the black Knight from B8 to C6 (leftmost column is 8, 6 is the third one from the left. You can see the letters on the board, A is the bottom one and so on. The hint is the NC6 move on the paper, you need to play some chess to get this one).
Chapter two, very beginning. Drag the picture of Molly and put it in the empty slot of the album.
Chapter 3, near the end (2033). You can click "update status" and post an update.
Chapter 4, at the end (2065). Listen to the audio clips until the end in that order: 1 3 6 4. It's hinted on the window

You get
a bunch of artworks

Nice, thanks! I thought the first one was that, but
I don't know much about chess.

:p

Hmm...I tried clicking some of the answers but it's not saving that I did the previous memory. Wonder you have to click on every audio bit or interactive thing to get the website to...remember you.

*ahem*

Or maybe you have to sign in to Facebook. :\

anddo0

Damn you GAF. I really want to wait until this hits $40. But, like most, I'm not playing much on my PS3 right now. I'm tempted, this really does sound like a solid new IP.

JohngPR

It's June 2. The game comes out June 4 US. I haven't seen any advance reviews...this can't be a good sign, can it?

That's not really all that unusual anymore. When the press doesn't get review copies for a game, that's when you know there's something wrong. :p

Luckily that isn't the case here.

SJRB

Gold Member
partnouveau.jpg

Thanks to DeadEndThrills

Insane.

Karak

I think it is the overall look that I talked about in my review as reminding me of Longest Journey 1 and 2. Something about the overall tech level reminded me a bit about it too. Amazing overall feeling to the world.

I also love the epic area camera pans.

36Rw7.gif

Drewfonse

So Karak, forgive me if you covered this in your review, but how is the replay value for Remember Me? Can you see yourself wanting to play it through again? Are there different ways of approaching situations? 10 hrs for a single play is pretty meaty for this type of game, but I'd love some incentive to tackle it twice. Thanks!

Hey guys! Don't forget to check out my review... oh shit. I don't have the game yet ;) . Good review Karak, though you tend to be a bit postive like myself which is cool. Though you did really enjoy the recent Star Trek game and everyone hated it. So people might want to wait for further reviews that are a bit more critical of their gaming experiences. I think I'll enjoy Remember Me alot from a visual standpoint alone.

Karak

So Karak, forgive me if you covered this in your review, but how is the replay value for Remember Me? Can you see yourself wanting to play it through again? Are there different ways of approaching situations? 10 hrs for a single play is pretty meaty for this type of game, but I'd love some incentive to tackle it twice. Thanks!

Well I played it twice(second time with other gaffers) and I think I could see myself playing it some more when I get it back.

Is Karak's review spoilerish?
No and they never will be.

Though you did really enjoy the recent Star Trek game and everyone hated it. So people might want to wait for further reviews that are a bit more critical of their gaming experiences. I think I'll enjoy Remember Me alot from a visual standpoint alone.

Thats a bit hyperbolish as many people actually really liked Star Trek though I am sure the majority didn't and for their experiences that would make sense. I would think that it would be better to say I was in the minority of those who enjoyed it and not pretending that "everyone hated it". One of the issues is I can't fake that I had a bad experience with a game or a good experience. Others might...to join the bandwagon but I never will I either like it or don't like it or something in between. But faking that I had a bad or good experience is beyond me.
I am equally sure that finding any reviewer having a different experience for a game once in awhile isn't a complete surprise.

And I am not sure if this is a shot across the bow concerning waiting for people to be "critical" I am highly critical but I am also interested in enjoyment and fun. As it appears some of the foreign reviews were just as high, and those doing some walkthroughs seem to hold it in good regard, I am sure that a "buy or wait for sale" score that I gave...can't be considered overly positive but simply representative of the overall quality. The points about combat and platforming I had for the game and made clear in the review are also a good example of this, as were my points about the voice acting.

statham

6 said it was amazing

I like the longest journey feel. I'll grab this on a steam sale.

Thats a bit hyperbolish as many people actually really liked Star Trek though I am sure the majority didn't. I would think that it would be better to say I was in the minority of those who enjoyed it and not pretending that "everyone hated it". One of the issues is I can't fake that I had a bad experience with a game. Others might...to join the bandwagon but I never will I either like it or don't like it or something in between. But faking that I had a bad or good experience is beyond me. Then I will post about it.

And I am not sure if this is a shot across the bow concerning waiting for people to be "critical" I am highly critical but I am also interested in enjoyment and fun. As it appears some of the foreign reviews were just as high, and those doing some walkthroughs seem to hold it in good regard, I am sure that a "buy or wait for sale" score that I gave...can't be considered overly positive. The points about combat and platforming I had for the game and made clear in the review are also a good example of this.

No your preaching to the choir man. Anyone that follows my content knows I enjoy most games that get slammed, and I have myself been told that I'm not either critical enough and don't cater to the average gamer who can't afford or play every game. This is coming from someone who is currently playing Fuse and loving it, yet can point out flaws in any game I still have a good time with. So I totally know what you mean. :) I just saying, people could see your review, see your other reviews for say Star Trek and Fuse and totally think "This guy likes anything" and I say that because it's often the picture painted on myself.

Karak

No your preaching to the choir man. Anyone that follows my content knows I enjoy most games that get slammed, and I have myself been told that I'm not either critical enough and don't cater to the average gamer who can't afford or play every game. This is coming from someone who is currently playing Fuse and loving it, yet can point out flaws in any game I still have a good time with. So I totally know what you mean. :) I just saying, people could see your review, see your other reviews for say Star Trek and Fuse and totally think "This guy likes anything" and I say that because it's often the picture painted on myself.
Hmmm.
I would simply think that person(the watcher) decided to not listen and purposefully didn't check out the other reviews.

It would be a none starter and since, for the most part, I am considered a person who usually hates everything...a bit of positive would be fine, as long as they checked the other reviews at some later time. Riptide, Fast and Furious and so on.

Anyone know where I can buy the soundtrack?
I sounds fantastic.

Not yet. One thing I am wondering about is if I would like the music as much if it wasn't being remixed throughout the game. That is one of the great moments in the game. Is all the mixes of the original theme.

I like the longest journey feel. I'll grab this on a steam sale.

One of the streams online started talking about it feeling like some old game. But he couldn't remember the name. I posted "Longest Journey?" In his chat and he was like ahha! It is not overly present. Just a cool vibe.

The review embargo lifts tomorrow, right? Very very interested to see what the early consensus is among journos.

Yep, embargo lifts tomorrow and Capcom have made it very clear that nothing is to go live before then, so I'm surprised Karak has been allowed to submit a review already. Unless he didn't get the game from Capcom, of course...

Sulik2

Well the OT sold me on this game. Just pre-ordered it at GMG. 25% off for a very atmospheric action game that is new IP. I am gonna support the devs on this and I need a new game to play anyways.

Hmmm.

It would be a none starter and since, for the most part, I am considered a person who usually hates everything...a bit of positive would be fine, as long as they checked the other reviews at some later time. Riptide, Fast and Furious and so on.

Everyone needs to hate that game. lol.

TheMan

6 said it was amazing

Holy fuck, please stop with the jokes. It was like an even shittier and unfunny version of this guy: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14LpxQWDlAg

overall i think it was a pretty good review, but i do agree that the number of jokes could stand to be reduced. regardless, i'm subscribed. i'd probably buy the game if i wasn't currently broke and getting more broke every day. as it stands, i'll probably wait for the inevitable quick price drop that will accompany a poorly marketed new IP at the end of a console generation.

Top Bottom