• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

spannicus

Was checking out some vids of the game and it looks amazing. I would say it graphically compares to alot of AAA games and might even look better than many. I hope this game does well because it looks like the developers did an amazing job. Give it a try.

Are streams on twitch getting taken down? I ask because my copy gets in tomorrow and am going to stream from the start, but if twitch is being lame brain about it. I'll stream on my youtube channel instead.

spannicus

This game is gonna look amazing on PC I may even go as far and say almost puts Uncharted to shame ; p. THAT IS LOOKS WISE. I cant speak about the story though but it looks awesome I'd love to see them do something next gen.

Karak

DONTNOD shared your review on Facebook, Karak. Nice :)

Thanks very cool. Might help me get my interview with them I was asking for.
Now I am getting ready to drive up to Washington to meet up with a couple Kickstarter Devs to do our first Kickstarter Corner piece for you-tube as well. Basically a behind the scenes on 1st time devs using kickstarter and how it all works. Should be some interesting interviews and I hope I can put up my interview with DONTNOD(or someone from there) at around the same time.

I also still can't find the Amazon link for the soundtrack for Remember me.

RS4-

I'm still on Chapter 5 I believe, but I must say, for those of you that have played it, that stage has great lighting and visuals.

Just to make sure it's the right one I'm talking about, its
the hover chase with Trace

spannicus

I just watched IGN's preview and it looked really boring. Why are developers so afraid of using color in their games? :-/

Theres alot of color in the game. The games not drab its totally pretty in terms of attention to detail. I respect your opinion bro but the games far from boring to me. Ign sucks by the way real talk. ; p Being that the marketing sucks for the game, thats the only downside I see, kind of wish it had TLoU levels of hype because the game seems like a diamond in the ruff.

Karak

I'm still on Chapter 5 I believe, but I must say, for those of you that have played it, that stage has great lighting and visuals.

Just to make sure it's the right one I'm talking about, its
the hover chase with Trace

There are some fantastic bits. I personally felt in awe the first time you go
into the city in episode 1 I think. Where it does the camera pan with the orchestra music. Simply amazing.

Theres alot of color in the game. The games not drab its totally pretty in terms of attention to detail. I respect your opinion bro but the games far from boring to me.

Maybe they just chose some particular piece that didn't reflect it well? But as RS4 pointed out...its not lacking, its just a lot of contrast I mean the first area is completely colorful, then its sterile in the second area. I think it drives a good contrast between the two on purpose.

There are some fantastic bits. I personally felt in awe the first time you go
into the city in episode 1 I think. Where it does the camera pan with the orchestra music. Simply amazing.

Maybe they just chose some particular piece that didn't reflect it well? But as RS4 pointed out...its not lacking, its just a lot of contrast I mean the first area is completely colorful, then its sterile in the second area. I think it drives a good contrast between the two on purpose.

The said they weren't allowed to show continuous shots either which really affected my enjoyment of the video. But it was A LOT of Uncharted/Prince of Persia-ish shimmying/climbing/jumping. Nothing about it stood out to me. I'm not going to pass judgement on the game from one preview, but the preview I saw did a terrible job of enticing anyone to look any further.

spannicus

The said they weren't allowed to show continuous shots either which really affected my enjoyment of the video. But it was A LOT of Uncharted/Prince of Persia-ish shimmying/climbing/jumping. Nothing about it stood out to me. I'm not going to pass judgement on the game from one preview, but the preview I saw did a terrible job of enticing anyone to look any further.

Do you enjoy the games you mentioned? Wait until it goes under 60 and pick up a copy its worth it.

RetroMG

I wasn't going to buy this game, but I'm weak, and I want a new title to play. So I'm in.

GMG doesn't give you a Steam code to preload until the game launches, though? That sucks.

DukeBobby

I wasn't going to buy this game, but I'm weak, and I want a new title to play. So I'm in.

GMG doesn't give you a Steam code to preload until the game launches, though? That sucks.

With most games, you usually get the key a day or two in advance. Other times, you get it on the day of release. They can be fairly inconsistent.

RS4-

It's sprinkled here and there with the fighting. I think it is more like UC in that regards compared to PoP.

My problem with the fighting, is that sometimes the enemies feel like punching bags. They soak up all this damage unless you use your s-pressens.

How many combos are there anyway? So far I'm at five. I'll assume that's where it ends, unless they go far beyond then uhh, 7? 8? hit dial a combo.

Speaking of which, with the chain pressen, can you link two separate combos? For example

1-1-1(chain) ~ 2-1-2-1-2?

The only thing I've found out about the chain (other than it amplifying the previous move?) is that you can dodge after it, to continue your combo. Whereas, it will always break your combo if you dodge without following the chain.

And re: color, I understand if the game was like Gears but there is a fair bit of color. Not your typical cyberpunk muted greys, blacks and neon blues.

Bittercup

From the review thread: "Combat frustrates, even on easy"
Is the game really that hard/frustrating?
Besides that the last pages here really got me excited and I'm considering to buy it day 1 instead of waiting for a budget price. Seems like a game that deserves some support.

SJRB

Gold Member
XemrlaY.jpg

1. Nilin the Hunter
03:27
2. Rise To The Light
03:35
3. Still Human O
03:12
4. Fragments
02:19
5. Neo Paris
04:01
6. The Enforcers
02:15
7. Chase Through Montmartre
04:43
8. Memory Reconstruction
03:14
9. The Fight
03:21
10. Our Parents
02:25
11. MemorEyes
03:59
12. The Ego Room
03:00
13. Remember Your Childhood
04:04
14. The Zorn
02:28
15. Hope Olivier Deriviere
03:02

OUT NOW on iTunes for € 8,99

mollipen

So, I just now got a chance to sit down and look at the review scores for the game, and—I'm pretty shocked. I mean, it's always the case that a particular game really speaks to some people and not others, but three of us here at EGM played it to review it (for the three-person reviews we do in print), and we all loved it.

As a first project for Dontnod I was utterly impressed, and I loved the world, the characters, and the combat. I'll never hate somebody for not having the same opinion that I have, but I hope the game bucks the bad reviews its getting and does well, so that we could potentially see more projects like this.

Karak

So, I just now got a chance to sit down and look at the review scores for the game, and—I'm pretty shocked. I mean, it's always the case that a particular game really speaks to some people and not others, but three of us here at EGM played it to review it (for the three-person reviews we do in print), and we all loved it.

As a first project for Dontnod I was utterly impressed, and I loved the world, the characters, and the combat. I'll never hate somebody for not having the same opinion that I have, but I hope the game bucks the bad reviews its getting and does well, so that we could potentially see more projects like this.

Could not agree more.

Well, this is interesting. Is your review up? Edit: Nm, front page, will peruse.

7 from Eurogamer isn't too shabby either.

Momentary

Banned
So glad I pre-ordered this. Don't understand how the review from IGN sort of sounded positive and then it gets the shoe it did.

HT UK

Has the Steam version unlocked anywhere? Wouldn't mind unlocking it via VPN and playing for an hour this evening

dreamfall

So I bought the soundtrack to tide me over until a price drop!

I really can't wait to play it- money is tight and I wanted to support in some way. Soooon!

SJRB

Gold Member
The soundtrack is something else alright, sheesh. Amazing. It leans heavily on orchestral music, some tracks could've come straight from a classical piece [the track "Our Parents" for example]. Combined with the occasional glitching makes this a pretty remarkable OST full of surprises.

Like the game itself it seems, I fear this isn't for everyone. But I am enjoying it greatly.

edit: Ego Room is fantastic. Crazy pitch warps. Judging by the beat the Ego Room is a nightclub or something. Awesome.

BoSox06DH

I initially decided to buy this day one when it was revealed. Then as it got close to release I felt it was more of a rental. However, I forgot to cancel my preorder from Newegg with that $12 off as it has already shipped. Oh the irony is fantastic. Look forward to playing it tomorrow.

Top Bottom