• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

Normally we get quite a few memos and pr blurb before a big game release. I haven't seen anything for this game. I did a quick search yesterday and there was nothing. That's usually not a good sign. Hopefully it will be a surprise hit like Sleeping Dogs

Tak3n

Banned
Well this has gone from "not even in my view" to day 1, it looks bloody brilliant......

On steamtrades the general price seems to be $30 for you USA folks

Syncytia

Oh man, just started watching a let's play and while I was already interested in the game, only seeing the intro video makes me want this game. I want to pre order so bad to support the devs since it looks interesting, but I've got a 6 week vacation to pay for coming up, besides being gone for that length of time.

Oh man, just started watching a let's play and while I was already interested in the game, only seeing the intro video makes me want this game. I want to pre order so bad to support the devs since it looks interesting, but I've got a 6 week vacation to pay for coming up, besides being gone for that length of time.

I'm MOVING and didn't have a job lined up when I pre-ordered (had one cooking though and it came through). That said, I'm terribly irresponsible and have a good paying job with no wife or kids.

Pre-orders are generally a bad idea, but I've actually been waiting for this because I'm not interested in The Last of Us (I'm so tired of zombies...please...no more zombies) and I just couldn't get into Uncharted at all.

Pre-ordered and pre-loaded, I've actually been looking forward to this for awhile, although looking at my Steam friends list, it appears I'm very alone in that!

I'm MOVING and didn't have a job lined up when I pre-ordered (had one cooking though and it came through). That said, I'm terribly irresponsible and have a good paying job with no wife or kids.

Pre-orders are generally a bad idea, but I've actually been waiting for this because I'm not interested in The Last of Us (I'm so tired of zombies...please...no more zombies) and I just couldn't get into Uncharted at all.

I understand your POV on zombie games (i don't mind preordering games) but there are no zombies in The Last of Us. The infected are not your only enemy, the horrible side of human nature is sometimes the bigger threat. I also loved the uncharted series but I understand how someone could not like them.

I am excited for both titles and can't wait! The themes both face are unique in the manner of how they are approached, especially Remember Me. They are two different games and will provide two different experiences.

I understand your POV on zombie games (i don't mind preordering games) but there are no zombies in The Last of Us. The infected are not your only enemy, the horrible side of human nature is sometimes the bigger threat. I also loved the uncharted series but I understand how someone could not like them.

I am excited for both titles and can't wait! The themes both face are unique in the manner of how they are approached, especially Remember Me. They are two different games and will provide two different experiences.

My girlfriend is DEFINITELY getting the game, so we'll probably play it together. I'll let her buy it, though.

Karak

I understand your POV on zombie games (i don't mind preordering games) but there are no zombies in The Last of Us. The infected are not your only enemy, the horrible side of human nature is sometimes the bigger threat..

For many, they look like zombies so they are just classified as one. If you know what I mean.

Normally we get quite a few memos and pr blurb before a big game release. I haven't seen anything for this game. I did a quick search yesterday and there was nothing. That's usually not a good sign. Hopefully it will be a surprise hit like Sleeping Dogs
Ah Sleeping Dogs great game. But was it a surprise hit? I mean did it have good sales. I don't remember.

SJRB

Gold Member

It annoys me greatly how little effort Capcom is putting into promoting this game.

RS4-

My thoughts on the game has soured. The fighting isn't all that great, it just doesn't flow, and I'd say it's probably worse than AC in that regard.

When I saw the trailers and teasers from what, e3 last year? I thought they'd have more memory remixes and what not.

You know how many I've done so far in 4-5 chapters? One. And this is 45% into the game. I'll post again after I finish the game tonight.

My thoughts on the game has soured. The fighting isn't all that great, it just doesn't flow, and I'd say it's probably worse than AC in that regard.

When I saw the trailers and teasers from what, e3 last year? I thought they'd have more memory remixes and what not.

You know how many I've done so far in 4-5 chapters? One. And this is 45% into the game. I'll post again after I finish the game tonight.
Iirc the game has just two spressen (of course you can chain standard presente in the combo lab, mind you, but as far as "special" moves go you have a limited number of finishers..)
As a side note, i haven't really digged shrk, spinning bird kick being dlc preorder pressen..

They spend the entire marketing budget on the journal I think lol

Capcom literally wants this game to die.
Unless the game's name is
-resident evil
-monster hunter
-street fighter
I can't imagine capcom moving their sorry Ass to do some marketing...
Heck when i saw dragon dogma dark arisen trailer around the net i was moved to tears....

Not sure I understand why a company decides it makes sense to rescue a project with a publishing deal which they can't/won't advertise. Somehow they must be planning to get money whether it sells or not. Maybe they'll at least advertise the garage sale for Dontnod's office furniture.

I couldn't help myself and had to break my personal embargo and check out the first 15 minutes.

Simply Stunning.

The propaganda at the beginning is Grade A, it's like what Metal Gear Solid 4 WANTED to do with it's opening commercials - establish this radical corporate control over the populace and I really felt for these people in the intro. They really really believe what they are saying and think it is for the best to live in their orwellian lives....

I looove the way they started the game. I felt so engrossed in nilin's character and tragic fall in this first act.

God that was awesome.
Probably one of the craziest openings to a game I've seen
I love how they fuck about with the audio :lol
Also, Nilin's voice actress is brilliant.

Karak

Was going to put up the review in a bit but we are doing a small Neogaf West Coast gathering at my pad so I am breaking it out for another 9 assorted gamers and Gaffers to see what they think. If I can I may have them join in on the review as a counterpoint...if they have any:)

Wanny

Okay now that's impressive.

bekindrewind.jpg

Karak

Okay now that's impressive.

The vista's and overall atmosphere are off the hook in the game.

Not so patiently awaiting more reviews from GAFers. Still very on the fence here.

I may put mine up soon. Right now the other peeps here aren't feeling any different than me so there may not be a huge need for a counterpoint on my review. We are going to play through the BBQ and then meet up and decide what to do about the review.
Also us gaffers can eat. I am taking pictures of the spread right now. I will have to post them somewhere hahaha.

Grisby

Dying for some sci-fi. Tuesday can't get here soon enough.

Completely random thought but I hope we get some news on a new Deus Ex game sometime before the end of the year.

quaere

For the art soundtrack and atmosphere alone this would have to score in the 60%s for me not to buy it day 1 at this point.

Karak

Does anyone know how long this game is? Hoping its at least in the 8-10 hour range

A couple other gaffers in our IRC said it took them about 10. It took me a bit longer on a hard. I think it was about 30 minutes of wasted time with my Elgato Game HD recording device as well so 9.5 hours.

A couple other gaffers in our IRC said it took them about 10. It took me a bit longer on a hard. I think it was about 30 minutes of wasted time with my Elgato Game HD recording device as well so 9.5 hours.

Can you give us any initial impressions at all or are you under embargo until monday ?

Karak

Can you give us any initial impressions at all or are you under embargo until monday ?

My impressions from yesterday are posted below. Once the other gaffers here(at my home) are done with their time I will either post my review or add their counterpoints(theirs in video form so you can see their ugly mugs). But I will just say that all of them have already asked to borrow it...and I don't think they would do that for a crap game:)

Impressions so far:

Atmosphere is through the roof and they made a world that feels like it has a past, present and future with some crazy characters.

Voice acting...uhm. Bad

Graphics are very good. Haven't had any slowdown, there is a fine sheen of glamor all over the game and a fair bit of amazing technical atmospheric addons like the floating text and so forth(Ala Watchdogs). Honestly aside from a little aliasing there is some great looking stuff here. One thing i noticed is that face budgets are different between characters. There have been a couple characters with faces that made me pause because they were so high definition...and then others that were pretty much typical. I can only assume that is another artistic choice.

Control is spot on but there is no free running type thing so it feels a bit more old style jumper than AC games.

Sound is a-fucking-mazing. Knock it out of the park then go catch it just to knock it out again. I mean at times it is surreal good. Create a combo(lab) seems cool but so far I am not really a fan of the look of the moves though pulling them off in a fight looks almost Batman good.

Basically in the short 2 hours I feel more interest and enjoyment here than the last 3 AC games which this game takes some ideas from.

Edit: When this gets released I would LOVE for someone to tell me if this game also reminds them of The Longest Journey 2 Dreamfall? Could be the music, the overall look of the world areas, or perhaps the characters but I kept getting forcibly reminded of the feel/world of The Longest Journey 2.

Anyway I will play as much as possible in a bit, then hit the hay, then back to it tomorrow and throw something up there for you guys.

My impressions from yesterday are posted below. Once the other gaffers here(at my home) are done with their time I will either post my review or add their counterpoints(theirs in video form so you can see their ugly mugs). But I will just say that all of them have already asked to borrow it...and I don't think they would do that for a crap game:)

Impressions so far:

Atmosphere is through the roof and they made a world that feels like it has a past, present and future with some crazy characters.

Voice acting...uhm. Bad

Graphics are very good. Haven't had any slowdown, there is a fine sheen of glamor all over the game and a fair bit of amazing technical atmospheric addons like the floating text and so forth(Ala Watchdogs). Honestly aside from a little aliasing there is some great looking stuff here. One thing i noticed is that face budgets are different between characters. There have been a couple characters with faces that made me pause because they were so high definition...and then others that were pretty much typical. I can only assume that is another artistic choice.

Control is spot on but there is no free running type thing so it feels a bit more old style jumper than AC games.

Sound is a-fucking-mazing. Knock it out of the park then go catch it just to knock it out again. I mean at times it is surreal good. Create a combo(lab) seems cool but so far I am not really a fan of the look of the moves though pulling them off in a fight looks almost Batman good.

Basically in the short 2 hours I feel more interest and enjoyment here than the last 3 AC games which this game takes some ideas from.

Edit: When this gets released I would LOVE for someone to tell me if this game also reminds them of The Longest Journey 2 Dreamfall? Could be the music, the overall look of the world areas, or perhaps the characters but I kept getting forcibly reminded of the feel/world of The Longest Journey 2.

Anyway I will play as much as possible in a bit, then hit the hay, then back to it tomorrow and throw something up there for you guys.

Alright I did read your other post just wondered if you could give more details.

It does sound like it's somwhat solid from what you said aside from the voice acting and maybe the combat. I'll definitely read your full review once you post it.

JohngPR

Hmmm...I can get it for $37.50. I think I may bite. I'm about to beat Metro Last Light and I feel a game that's at least trying things that stray from the norm (Female protagonist, unconventional settings, etc) should get a little love.

That and truth be told, I love me some 3rd person action games. :)

Qvoth

wow so that gamefaqs post about how the whole game only has 4 memory sequences might be true? god

Karak

Our Review is posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNGEr1OPuY

The overall consensus was that all 10 gaffers(actually only 6 of them are the other 4 are from other forums or review sites) rated their experience as follows-

6 said it was amazing
2 thought it looked great but wanted to borrow or buy cheaper to make a clearer decision
1 Wasn't impressed at all
1 is drunk on my kitchen floor and I will ask tomorrow

All of those who will be playing it next will post video replies on the website so I am excited to see what they say after spending more time with it 1 on 1. All in all I feel like it was worth the money by a long shot.

i-Jest

Game looks appealing to me. I'll wait and see how it does in reviews and word of mouth before making my move. Gawd, I hope it won't be DLC heavy. Maybe this has already bin said but any word on a demo?

Tak3n

Banned
Our Review is posted https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdNGEr1OPuY

The overall consensus was that all 10 gaffers(actually only 6 of them are the other 4 are from other forums or review sites) rated their experience as follows-

6 said it was amazing
2 thought it looked great but wanted to borrow or buy cheaper to make a clearer decision
1 Wasn't impressed at all
1 is drunk on my kitchen floor and I will ask tomorrow

All of those who will be playing it next will post video replies on the website so I am excited to see what they say after spending more time with it 1 on 1. All in all I feel like it was worth the money by a long shot.

Thank you for that...

I love the enviroment, the style, the story, what concerns me is the fighting it looks a little clanky, almost forced...

did you find it smooth and felt like it was natural?

MightyKAC

I'd actually like to pick this up with the GMG deal but I can't since I have a Japanese IP. Can anyone help a gaffer out.

Willing to paypal or do whatever.

slapnuts

Yeah this game feels fresh and i love the inner-city futuristic style of this game. I am a sucker for these types of games...this game seems to bring some nice new fresh idea's to the table along with some absolutely beautiful visuals i must say. The PC version it is for me..no doubt about it and i know i am going to enjoy this baby. Is this game prophetic? hmmm

Top Bottom