• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

got my gamestop call. see ya in neo-paris tomorrow! :) ...

rememberme-204-610.jpg

NotUS

Picked it up this morning, played for about an hr. WTF are they on about, this game is very good., much better than some of the ratings suggest.

It doesn't scream AAA which is what I like. It feels like its made from a quality game (not blockbuster) studio, in the same sense of the Metro or Witcher games.

I like it, glad I ignored the reviews.

Tendo

Just pre ordered on GMG thanks to Slasher's stream. 37 bucks is enough for me to take a risk and I'm really digging what I'm seeing so far.

Cancelled my PS3 preorder and decided to get it on Steam via GMG. It's at the price I don't mind spending and looks better :) Can't wait to play it on my current PC and the new gaming PC I will have by this time next year :)

Spazznid

I can't help but imagine what this game would be like if thee guys worked with the Sleeping Dogs dev for the combat and exploration... Would have been gold.

Anyone knows when this will be ready to download on PSN? Do I have to wait for Grace Chen Time or will they have it ready to download at midnight?

Karak

Picked it up this morning, played for about an hr. WTF are they on about, this game is very good., much better than some of the ratings suggest.

It doesn't scream AAA which is what I like. It feels like its made from a quality game (not blockbuster) studio, in the same sense of the Metro or Witcher games.

I like it, glad I ignored the reviews.

Yup. I will never feel regret for the score I gave it. It is just good.

DukeBobby

Thanks man! Gave you a shout out! :D

I stopped watching just as you were about to do the memory remix. Didn't want to spoil myself, as it is the one gameplay mechanic I'm looking forward to the most.

I look forward to checking out your video review, if you do one. Loved the Gunslinger review.

Interested by the concept art.

Paid attention as the trailers came out.

Sold on the story and the new IP.

Steam and patiently waiting for it to unlock.

Rygar 8 Bit

Jaguar 64-bit
getting this

missing .dll :Fatal error!

[in C:\Program Files (x86)\NVIDIA Corporation\PhysX\Engine\DB8A731FDBD5\PhysXCore.dll]

i have ati good game

Playing on PC...

Looks great..

Not really liking the keyboard and mouse controls.. I think I may switch to a controller on this one.

Timing seems to be important for the combat to flow well and it feels weird doing it with mouse clicks. (I felt the same way about "The Witcher")

Mononoke

Banned
So does this not have SLI support?

I know not all games on release have this. But not getting it here. Hmmm.

EDIT: I'm not on the current driver, that is why. Need to go update.

_woLf

A few of the screenshots I took...this game is really, really pretty.

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! Not sure what the reviews were going on about...though I guess it helps I only paid $35 for the game.

Full settings, supersampling enabled, 1920 x 1080 resolution. LOVE the setting and presentation of the game.

Screenshot I took entering Neo Paris -

Images said:

Original resolution is 2560x1440, max settings in-game (including SuperSampling)

The frame rate hit from SS AA is crazy, though.. cuts frame rate to less than half of what it is without. (GTX 780)

Music is amazing, I need the soundtrack nao. Voice acting/story is great so far, Neo-Paris is fucking beautiful to look at. And the combo system actually seems fine and fun... not sure what people were complaining about.

plus I just did the first memory remix and it was sooooo cool, wow. One of the most memorable (heh) sequences I've played in a while. You guys need to get this game. Fuck IGN.

Nemesis_

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641228716114/E685856AFDFC4401F5FAFDE949317884C83A13C0/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641228715568/AACF1CF6B2C8407C1ACCB7FAEF11D850668FEAEF/

http://cloud-2.steampowered.com/ugc/613893641228715027/1FD313A932DA0E15DEF4ACAD10DFD1F76A36B496/

A few of the screenshots I took...this game is really, really pretty.

I'm having a lot of fun with it so far! Not sure what the reviews were going on about...though I guess it helps I only paid $35 for the game.

How much do you think the reviewers paid for it? :p

Nemesis_

I am so hyped for this game, I don't know why. I am tempering my expectations with regards to combat and the abundance of the memory remixing.

If it truly is like Ghost Trick I am going to be in heaven.

A couple of hours in and I am really enjoying the game. The world they've built is interesting, scary and beautiful (can only speak to PC). Also, Nilin's ability to remix memory makes her a terrifying monster. I can't think of another game where I have been genuinely afraid of what the player character can do.

Anival

Banned
So what do most of you think of it so far? I don't mind spending some money on it. Just want to know what gaf thinks

Mononoke

Banned
I'm enjoying the game. I really love the art style, the colors, and just the overall aesthetic of the game. I guess it doesn't hurt that I'm a huge sucker for sci-fi and this game is really just nailing all the sweet spots.

In terms of the graphics, maybe I'm just being unrealistic, but I kind of think the textures are shit in places. Like that kid in the beginning of the game (particularly his face). I just notice textures being washed out or low rez here and there. The game looks really pretty when zoomed out. When you get those side angle shots (when you are scaling walls), or when you have a city backdrop behind you. It also looks great when you are in shadowy areas drenched in light colors.

I have GTX 680 2gb SLI setup, and everything is running smooth as butter at 1600p resolution. Getting 100fps + (although it sometimes dips to 75, and sometimes up to 114). I'm sure those with better CPUs and better OC have better results.

I need to play the game more before I comment on the gameplay/level design. So far I love the fighting, and really enjoy the platforming bits. An I am really sucked in by the story. So we'll see how this goes 5 + hours into the game.

Top Bottom