• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

I hope it pans out and the story is good. Looking forward to the reviews, though I'm in full on austerity mode until new consoles, so even if it is good... Sorry.

PK Gaming

Haha, I honestly did forget :p

I plan on picking this up though, I just hope it ends up being a good game...

Also ugh, DLC for combo moves now, seriously? Bah.

Danj

Don't suppose this game is Steamworks so I can buy a (cheaper) retail disc version or get it via some crazy GMG promo or whatever?

The story sounds intriguing, though those names (Errorists, Memoreyes) are completely terrible. In any case, I've preordered and hope it turns out well.

Lain

Preordered PC (Steam) version from Gamefly UK for 28€ +/- (23£) some days ago. I hope the game turns out good, or at least as good to play as I expect it to.

This is the first I've heard or read about the game, weirdly enough having recently watched all the episodes of Black Mirror. The plot seems like a combination of White Bear and The Entire History of You. The combat looks very Arkham Asylum. And Errorists is so dumb.

Bombless

Disclaimer : This was the first time I played with the Xbox 360 pad, at a con, with loads of people around.

Played this briefly at MCM London this weekend on Xbox 360 (part of the tutorial). I really had to force myself to go through it, as uninteresting as it was.

The parkour parts were really annoying (I remember trying to vault above a fence but I couldn't do it even though it seemed I had enough space to land behind it. I needed to move a few inches down the fence for another spot that looked just as viable for it to work. And the camera was locked at a certain angle in that section, with some wiggle room, but still annoying as hell). Maybe it's just because of the tutorial but the playable space was ridiculously tiny. Just one narrow hallway you had to run through. It just took you through the basic moves one at a time then combining some. The whole thing felt very disconnected, it really wasn't fluid at all (but it might also be because of my awkward knowledge of the Xbox pad). Controls seemed to invert basing on which side of an object the character hanged (a bit like in Catherine, when you suddenly find yourself on the backside of the cubes and your controls go to shit).

Then suddenly after the tiny pathway you fall into a HUGE square arena and ennemies appear. The combat is basically Batman Arkham only slower. You have to time the hits (the only analogy I could make is The Witcher 1's click when sword goes red) and can alternate punches and kicks. You get ! icons above ennemies that are about to hit you and there was talk of a way to personalise combos but I didn't check that out. I beat on a few mutants or whatever they were then died and I just didn't bother.

I was so dissapointed by this. Despite the lack of advertisement it had always been on my radar because of the interesting points already mentioned in this thread but that demo was the coldest shower ever.

Edit : Oh, the graphics. This may be related to the ridiculous screen size but it was difficult to distinguish elements in the world. Everything was bathed in a reddish/dark tone and just melded together. Good thing there were on screen indications of "press X to jump here". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but this beholder found it pretty ugly.

doswillrule

Neo Member
I'm waiting on the reviews. Saw a panel at London MCM with two of the Capcom lackeys attached to the project, one of them was also an advisor on new DMC so combat is still a bit of a worry. There were stifled laughs at some of the dialogue and voice acting and the whole thing looks incredibly linear. I do want it to be good, though, and on the face of it the God Hand esque combo system is a nice idea. But the combat in action was underwhelming and the style of graphics wasn't as imposing or Human Revolution-y as I'd hoped.

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Remember Me is another example of whats wrong with this industry. There are several people here interested in the game, me included, but most of us don't want to make a $60.00 plunge. Price it half that, or at least $40 and you're going to have a lot more sales. Most PS3 owners will just wait the two additional weeks for Last of Us to drop a premium price.

I want this to be a good game for multiple reasons, but mostly so that Olivier Derivier's consistently fantastic compositions can be attached to something other than "less than stellar" games.

Disclaimer : This was the first time I played with the Xbox 360 pad, at a con, with loads of people around.

Played this briefly at MCM London this weekend on Xbox 360 (part of the tutorial). I really had to force myself to go through it, as uninteresting as it was.

The parkour parts were really annoying (I remember trying to vault above a fence but I couldn't do it even though it seemed I had enough space to land behind it. I needed to move a few inches down the fence for another spot that looked just as viable for it to work. And the camera was locked at a certain angle in that section, with some wiggle room, but still annoying as hell). Maybe it's just because of the tutorial but the playable space was ridiculously tiny. Just one narrow hallway you had to run through. It just took you through the basic moves one at a time then combining some. The whole thing felt very disconnected, it really wasn't fluid at all (but it might also be because of my awkward knowledge of the Xbox pad). Controls seemed to invert basing on which side of an object the character hanged (a bit like in Catherine, when you suddenly find yourself on the backside of the cubes and your controls go to shit).

Then suddenly after the tiny pathway you fall into a HUGE square arena and ennemies appear. The combat is basically Batman Arkham only slower. You have to time the hits (the only analogy I could make is The Witcher 1's click when sword goes red) and can alternate punches and kicks. You get ! icons above ennemies that are about to hit you and there was talk of a way to personalise combos but I didn't check that out. I beat on a few mutants or whatever they were then died and I just didn't bother.

I was so dissapointed by this. Despite the lack of advertisement it had always been on my radar because of the interesting points already mentioned in this thread but that demo was the coldest shower ever.

Edit : Oh, the graphics. This may be related to the ridiculous screen size but it was difficult to distinguish elements in the world. Everything was bathed in a reddish/dark tone and just melded together. Good thing there were on screen indications of "press X to jump here". Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and all that, but this beholder found it pretty ugly.

I hate that! Was it because of fixed camera angles?

I was about to go to the MCM expo but when I knew I was missing out on Edgar Wright and not seeing SC: Blacklist stealth demo, I was dissuaded from going.

Bombless

I hate that! Was it because of fixed camera angles?

I was about to go to the MCM expo but when I knew I was missing out on Edgar Wright and not seeing SC: Blacklist stealth demo, I was dissuaded from going.

I suspect so, yes. The whole situation reminded me of Catherine, which also has that god damn camera angle lock. Just drives me crazy.

And MCM was great, my first con in fact. Not that many games available but it wasn't really about the games for me. I just saw it and decided to try it out. Also played a Dinasty Warriors game (I think? Bunch of chinese characters fighting a crapload of chinese soldiers on a big map? On PS3).

nel e nel

OP should add the interactive journal site that is a history of the sensen technology in the game, and gives the backstory leading up to where the game picks up:

http://journal.remembermegame.com/en/

There are 4 little 'puzzles' that you can solve in it that unlock some perks in the main game.

EDIT: it's not in-game stuff, it's an artwork .zip

Thanks for the impressions at the con, but I can speak from experience that cons/trade shows are like the worst place to get impressions from a game. Loud crowd, rushed, and just not alot of time to properly see what any game has to offer. Like playing a public demo that your rushed to play in most cases. The invert controls is a bit worrisome but will see if either that changes in the final or if perhaps there is a control option to prevent that from happening.

Bisnic

Really Really Exciting Member!
Wait, this game is coming out next week? And here I thought it was still months away, I really didn't follow its development.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Really this game has everything possible aesthetically and themed that I could want to get and support the game, but nothing I've seen nor played feels like it's going to be worth anywhere close to full price nor do I expect it to be successful.

Perhaps if it was a budget title, bit like Anarchy Reigns, pushed with more marketing as potential for an IP and future series, I could imagine it as doing okay to great. Alas, I expect I shall place it with other "it could have been so much more" almost-gems.

SHARKvince

Neo Member
Hoping for this to be good, as I really love the music and environments so far, and Nilin seems cool.

Unfortunately the video of the first ten minutes put me off a little... but I'll be waiting for reviews regardless. Personally not too bothered about the names Memoreyes and Errorists. Just asking for the game to be entertaining!

Top Bottom