• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

Toparaman

Banned
I'm skeptically looking forward to this. Seems similar in concept to Watchdogs, but better.

And Capcom, WHY U NO ADVERTISE GAME?

Gold_Loot

I have been quietly rooting for this underdog of a game. I love how it looks and sounds, as well as the premise. Looking foward (hoping) to seeing some positive reviews.

I'm just getting the vibe from this game that its gonna be sleeper hit of the year. Seems like a lot of love went into it. hope I'm right! That journal and the snippets of the score were amazing..

BTW looks like the Steam version is $37 at Gamefly for a couple more hours with code GFDMAY25

I might bite on this. Is GameFly a great service? I am trying to cut down on buying games that I just want to try out.

ironcreed

Banned
There is something oddly appealing about this game when I look at it. Many aspects look familiar, yet it still looks... different. I had no plans to get anything in June other than The Last of Us, but I definitely have my eye on this.

Koralsky

Sadly, this will be 2013' Binary Domain - a very good (sci-fi and new IP) story driven action title with minimal marketing, Jap publisher behind it and it will bomb HARD :/

I preorder both Binary Domain in 2012 and Remember Me in 2013...

If people who can afford it don't snatch this guy up to do music for their games in the future after this, then they're just fools.
This guy is so underrated, it is not even funny. I guarantee you outside of France no one even knows him. Big publishers are probably going to continue hiring the Hans Zimmers of this world instead of smaller composers. Throwing cash at the problem is the only thing they know. Really unfortunate, but maybe Remember Me can help him to get his foot in some other games produced outside of France.

Danj

Preordered this for £24 at Green Man Gaming using their 20% off voucher, as it's Steamworks. Looking forward to it!

jcm

I can't believe. The ps3 version of this isn't being discounted anywhere yet. I think this game would do much better at $40 or $50.

KeRaSh

I preordered the crap out of this ages ago. The Last of Us will have to wait until I'm finished with this game. Yes, that's how much I've been looking forward to this game!
I really like the setting and art style and the memory remixing seems pretty cool. Not a big fan of fighting combo combat, but it seems interesting enough, especially with the healing combos.

seady

Spiritual sequel to P.N.03?

250px-PN03NTSCcover.jpg

SJRB

Gold Member
Excerpts from the full soundtrack have been released on Olivier Deriviere's SoundCloud. 15 tracks total.

Also, new trailer will be released tomorrow. About goddamn time.

WmdaxDX.png

IcyEyes

Please guys, support this game because the developers from Paris have created a pretty nice games that deserve more attention :)

Ps No, i'm not an employ at Dontnod Entertainment.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
Excerpts from the full soundtrack have been released on Olivier Deriviere's SoundCloud. 15 tracks total.

Also, new trailer will be released tomorrow. About goddamn time.

WmdaxDX.png

Damn, that looks gorgeous!

Please guys, support this game because the developers from Paris have created a pretty nice games that deserve more attention :)

Ps No, i'm not an employ at Dontnod Entertainment.

They do deserve the attention! I hope that this game doesn't bomb, it'd be a damn shame. Although the thread "Should we buy this game on principle" did give it good attention on GAF.

The music reminds me a bit of how the Nier soundtrack was constructed in some ways - there's like an overall sound to it that's present even in the more bombastic tracks. I really like the overall distortion it has and the little vocal injections too. Worth playing just for the music if anything.

WoolyNinja

Depending on reviews this will probably be a day 1 purchase for me. It feels like a concept I'll enjoy. Haven't checked, does anyone know if this'll be available for download on PSN?

MechaX

The setting and the music seem very good, and it's refreshing to get a female lead that's just in normal clothing.

But the combat looks like a budget Arkham Asylum; not fundamentally broken, but not too exciting outside of some good graphical effects with the main character's "powers" or whatever.

I am curious to see how this does, because Capcom is obviously sending this one to die.

Mejilan

Running off of Custom Firmware
Should I be worried that the product page on Amazon makes no mention of that combo pack preorder bonus?

Looking forward to being one of 12 people in the world giving impressions

Never have I known such responsibility

In all seriousness, I'm really feeling like this is going to be one of those games where the combat rescues or buries the whole package.

Haven't heard of this until I popped into this thread. Interesting.

Good on Capcom for letting the devs keep a halfway interesting name that doesn't have the usual buzzwords (death, dead, blood, revenge, origins, etc). If it was published by EA the title would probably be Dead Memories: Origins. To followed up by the sequel, Dead Memories 2: Vengenace.

legbone

Shamelessly plugging the soundtrack again.
No matter how good/bad this game will be, the OST is going to be something special.

Everyone should give it a listen:

The Fight
Nilin the Hunter
Memory Reconstruction
Hope
Remember Your Childhood

Composed by Olivier Deriviere. He did the OST for games such as the Alone in the Dark remake and the Obscure series. Many samples and complete soundtracks can be found on his SoundCloud page.

amazing stuff. i've been cautiously eyeing this game for purchase. it has come down to this or grid 2. i love racing games but i think i will reward the developers of this for doing something a little different (new ip, female protagonist, etc). this music just sealed the deal. good music is so hard to find in games. or at least for my tastes it is.

Haven't heard of this until I popped into this thread. Interesting.

Good on Capcom for letting the devs keep a halfway interesting name that doesn't have the usual buzzwords (death, dead, blood, revenge, origins, etc). If it was published by EA the title would probably be Dead Memories: Origins. To followed up by the sequel, Dead Memories 2: Vengenace.

MEMORPOCALYPSE : THE LEGEND OF BONNIE MNEMONIC

I'm not sure what to make of this game...it looks like it could be good though I'm going to wait on reviews. I'm hoping for a sleeper hit. When is embargo up?

bill0527

I had never heard of this game until last night while browsing PSN.

I was like...why have i not heard of this game up to this point? I thought it was just some indie game at first. One of those small budget games that gets no advertising and then I saw the price - $59.99 and saw Capcom was publishing it. Then I was doubly perplexed as to why a full priced release seems to have gotten no marketing or advertising from a major publisher.

Its too bad there is no demo. You really need a demo for new IP for a full price game. I am intrigued and hope it turns out good. Here's the chance for gamers to speak to the industry and reward them for trying something new, if its a decent game. If the game is good but bombs hard, all it does is tell the industry you want more dudebro generic shooters and we will get the game selection we deserve.

syoaran

my gut is telling me this will be similarly received as Alpha Protocol, as in it's critically panned by is actually quite good when you spend some time with it.

Think I'm going to pre-order on Steam if the game isn't broken.

ironcreed

Banned
Even the soundtrack is oddly appealing. Take that with the art, a bit of platforming, the custom combo building system that sounds pretty deep, along with some great looking special abilities, and this one all of the sudden has a special vibe to it. I don't know, it really kind of stands out for me.

Top Bottom