• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember Me |OT| You forgot, didn't you?

llehuty

I want this to be a good game for multiple reasons, but mostly so that Olivier Derivier's consistently fantastic compositions can be attached to something other than "less than stellar" games.

Shamelessly plugging the soundtrack again.
No matter how good/bad this game will be, the OST is going to be something special.

Everyone should give it a listen:

The Fight
Nilin the Hunter
Memory Reconstruction
Hope
Remember Your Childhood

Composed by Olivier Deriviere. He did the OST for games such as the Alone in the Dark remake and the Obscure series. Many samples and complete soundtracks can be found on his SoundCloud page.

Wow, I had no idea he was the composer. This has to be mine. I loved his work in Alone in the Dark. Definitely it has a quirky style. Hoping this game doen't flop too much.

Shamelessly plugging the soundtrack again.
No matter how good/bad this game will be, the OST is going to be something special.

Everyone should give it a listen:

The Fight
Nilin the Hunter
Memory Reconstruction
Hope
Remember Your Childhood

Composed by Olivier Deriviere. He did the OST for games such as the Alone in the Dark remake and the Obscure series. Many samples and complete soundtracks can be found on his SoundCloud page.

Did you mind if I stick this in the OT post under Media?

dreamfall

The soundtrack is so incredible. That alone makes me want to buy it.

I just kept repeating throughout every thread about this game, that the marketing has been so awful.

It's nowhere to be seen! And it didn't help that there was so much controversy of having Nilin as a female protagonist, in a leading role.

I hope it is good!

Any good pre-order deals?

I hadn't pre-ordered it yet, but I though GMG might be doing a 20% off deal. Not great, but still.

dreamfall

So this is day one PC as well? Hmm. I did have some interest early on but the marketing left me behind with all the "dubstep". I'm certainly more interested now knowing the actual ost is different?

dreamfall

The Remember Me Journal thing is totally incredible- in terms of expanding on the game's concept of memory mixing. Some of the romance memory plot/writing is dramatic, but throughout the five chapters I've gone through, I've been totally impressed. Unlockables/secrets hidden within the story are amazing too.

This needs more hype.

Nice impressions, the journal stuff does look quite cool. Does the embargo break next Monday or Tuesday?

The one thing I'm worried about is the whole combat system revolving around you creating your own combos. Just seems like it has the potential to turn into a rough, stilted disaster.

I'm trying to get excited for this game but I just can't.

I don't like the character designs, the artstyle nor go I think the traversal or combat look very good.

Hope the game is a surprise hit, but I don't think I'll be putting my money down for this, as much as I like to support new I.Ps.

Volotaire

Remember Me |OT| Remembuh me?

rememberme.gif

I came for this.

Game looks like a dark horse.

sono

Great OP!

My excuse is I did not know about this to forget it this until I read the op.

Put me down as now interested

Momentary

Banned
So this is day one PC as well? Hmm. I did have some interest early on but the marketing left me behind with all the "dubstep". I'm certainly more interested now knowing the actual ost is different?

I haven't heard any dubstep in the soundtrack so far. Hell, the soundtrack to this game has potential to be soundtrack of the year in my opinion.

I'm really curious to see the reviews for this one.

I remember way back when they showed a trailer for some event and I thought it looked neat, and then completely forgot about the game until fairly recently (heh.)

I hope it's okay, but it definitely feels like it has been sent to die (female protagonist + new IP = no media budget?)

Though I do have to say even if it's actually good, let alone decent, it's still probably Steam Sale fodder. No game with a media budget this low won't drop in price like a rock. Do want to check it out eventually just for the setting, even if the gameplay doesn't pan out, so long as there aren't crippling bugs or anything.

aasoncott

Oh wow, that's awesome. Are you based in France or was it outsourced?

We're in Vancouver. Sorry for the curt responses, but I'm always a little antsy about saying too much before the game comes out :) I'm about to write a case study on our work that should answer a lot of questions about stuff like the motion capture.

Are any of the reviewers here playing on the PC? Any general port impressions? I'm almost sure I'm going to end up buying this unless disaster strikes.

The Remember Me Journal thing is totally incredible- in terms of expanding on the game's concept of memory mixing. Some of the romance memory plot/writing is dramatic, but throughout the five chapters I've gone through, I've been totally impressed. Unlockables/secrets hidden within the story are amazing too.

This needs more hype.
Wow this is pretty amazing. I like the writing in this more than in the game lol. Too bad the entire marketing budget from Capcom was probably spend on this and now nothing is left for the actual game or for people to even know that this journal exists :/

We're in Vancouver. Sorry for the curt responses, but I'm always a little antsy about saying too much before the game comes out :) I'm about to write a case study on our work that should answer a lot of questions about stuff like the motion capture.
No problem at all. Looking forward to it! I'm still surprised every day to see that so many Gaffers are working in the industry. So cool!

Mar Nosso

Banned
I'm interested, but I'll wait for reviews. My backlog is big enough as it is and I'm trying to reduce it by only playing games in it and refraining from buying new ones. Will only make an exception for The Last of Us, really. Haven't yet bought Bioshock Infinite, God of War: Ascension, etc. :S

Momentary

Banned
I'm kind of bummed that a soundtrack to this game wasn't a preorder bonus on Steam, or they could have at least offered it as a "Special Edition" deal. I would have paid extra for it.

Yup. Here is some more relaxing music from Remember Me: http://www.mediafire.com/download/y4buz74votst8b4/Remember_Me.mp3

Ripped straight from this site: http://journal.remembermegame.com/en/

So good!

If people who can afford it don't snatch this guy up to do music for their games in the future after this, then they're just fools.

I can't think of any games that actually feature dubstep in-game, only in the commercials. What are some of the biggest ones?

Syndicate FPS had some I believe. Though "dubstep" as it is now isn't really dubstep, but that's another issue.

I'm just really glad to hear it isn't in there, because the marketing REALLY turned me off.

http://journal.remembermegame.com/en/

Very cool little background on the games fiction.

Thanks for sharing! Very nice way to connect a person with the mythos of the world in Remember Me. I have to be honest: I was very hyped for this game when it was first announced but I allowed some of the naysayers and odd previews of the games from some gaming venues to sway my interest away. After seeing and reading even more of the game, I'm back on the hype train again. I love the music, the ideas behind the story and the art design. I even preorder the artbook as well.

Really want to play this but don't want to get burned on $60 with the last of us releasing right after. Gotta see if I have a few things to trade in.

I'm just getting the vibe from this game that its gonna be sleeper hit of the year. Seems like a lot of love went into it. hope I'm right! That journal and the snippets of the score were amazing..

BTW looks like the Steam version is $37 at Gamefly for a couple more hours with code GFDMAY25

The journal is cool, but the hidden object system is a bit screwy. I found all the items, but I didn't get any of the artwork that the person above mentioned. If someone can please put the file on mediafire or an equivalent that would be great thanks.

Top Bottom