• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Calm Killer

In all media, only true fans who consume every book, film, game, or pog collection deserve to know what's going on.
NNOOOOOOO!!!!!

My Elite just RROD : (

Lunchbox said:
starfleets give me your fifa online pass code, my trial ran out

I already used my code, I was so stupid. I really believed I would have kept the game. I'm sorry bro, I would have given it to you if I had used the trial instead. Where is your online pass?

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Neverender said:
Alienshogunwithgun.jpg

:lol

2 funny videos, one is a perfect grenade timing.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5171205&player=AlienShogun

The other is a tutorial for Dax on how to use the propipe to strike fear to even the most dangerous of plasma sword wielders.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5171184&player=AlienShogun

Oh and bonus clip of Hunter dying from grenade contact again.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5150153&player=AlienShogun

Two RRODs in one page? That's some bad mojo. I just may stay away from my Xbox tonight.

That or sacrifice a bull on my altar. Just to be sure.

Edit: On second thought, maybe this is just Bungie's way of enforcing their cR cap.

Lunchbox

Banned
Meus Renaissance said:
I already used my code, I was so stupid. I really believed I would have kept the game. I'm sorry bro, I would have given it to you if I had used the trial instead. Where is your online pass?

i rented it :(

Aggrotek

Alienshogun said:
:lol

2 funny videos, one is a tutorial for Dax on how to use the propipe to strike fear to even the most dangerous of plasma sword wielders.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5171205&player=AlienShogun

The other is perfect grenade timing.
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5171184&player=AlienShogun

Oh and bonus clip of Hunter dying from grenade contact again.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5150153&player=AlienShogun

Think you got the first two mixed up?

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Tashi0106 said:
Death comes in 3's. Who's 360 here will be the 3rd????????

No clue but I do not wish this upon anyone...this one is not under warranty anymore either. Means I won't be seeing any gaffers online for awhile since I am jobless...I blame the update preview for xbl...I have had no problems with console, been in that for a week and it starts messing up now. :/

Tashi0106 said:
Death comes in 7's. EVERYBODY PANIC!!!
Fixed that for you.

Neuromancer said:
Any tips on getting 10,000 on firefight? I can get about 5K on rocketfight but then my teammates bogart all the points.
I'd suggest rocketfight on Beachhead. Take out the wraiths and/or hunters. Last time I did this I got 17K.

Hugbot

Neuromancer said:
Any tips on getting 10,000 on firefight? I can get about 5K on rocketfight but then my teammates bogart all the points.
Play in score attack and do well. The multikills and not dying are where you make all the money. It's probably easiest on Gruntpocalypse but you can't die and need to get headshots and several multikills.

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Score attack.
e: just play sniper fight or normal, you get the most points.

Sill4

Meus Renaissance said:
Halo GAF - Meetup

Anyone want to meet up in an around 90 minutes to play some Halo with other GAF members?
How long will you be on? I have yet to play with other gaffers in anything besides BC2.

Speaking of the (awful, awful) Cage, did Bungie yank it from the Arena? I haven't seen it yet this season, for which I am entirely grateful.

Raide

Shake Appeal said:
Speaking of the (awful, awful) Cage, did Bungie yank it from the Arena? I haven't seen it yet this season, for which I am entirely grateful.

I heard rumours that they are doing a 2x Bonus Cr Weekend playlist that has just the Cage on it...

Sean

Banned
Neuromancer said:

Play by yourself on Score Attack, otherwise it's gonna be tough. Sniper Fight on Beachhead is easiest IMO.

ElRenoRaven

Include me into the Invasion slayer hater camp. It's slayer but done badly.

Prime example. You almost always end up with at least 2 guys quitting on a team. This then puts them at a huge disadvantage allowing the other team to get all the power weapons and vehicles. This is not fun for the team that had the quits. At least with regular team slayer you would have a chance to get power weapons, vehicles, etc.

Personally I play invasion to play invasion and not slayer.

ElRenoRaven

Stackboy said:
I don't know how any of you guys live a normal life and manage to hit the cR cap every day.

Hell I have no life and I can't even hit the credit cap each day. So I sure as hell don't know how anyone can. They would have to play it 24/7.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
Calm Killer said:
My third one too

LOL

I feel like I should shake your hand, I know your pain.

Looks like I am just going to go ahead and get a job in order to buy a new unit instead of paying to have this one fixed. Already applying around...if that happens then I will be having an Office Space type bashing with this old broken one. Should be fun. :D

Anyone know what I do about the harddrive? Reach is installed on it...so I guess I could attach it to a friends and delete it off the hardrive so then I can play my reach copy in a new slim when I get around to getting one.

zumphry

Banned
Darkflight, sorry about not going in with you guys. I didn't wanna go into matchmaking and be in there until ~10 or so, when I just got on to beat the challenges.

Anyway, talking about Firefight, after the Legendary Playthrough, Heroic Firefight is easy. Sure, I might die due to lucky throws by Brutes, but Elites are cut through by me like a hot knife through butter (yes I had to say the entire thing because hmmm, butter).

Gonna get to 10/50 for the Weekly challenge, then maybe do like 20 tomorrow. Probably gonna be banned due to playing so much Score Attack+Gruntpocalypse :lol

Sloan+Firefight=Zayne is a lean, mean, Canadian music listening killing machine

Stackboy said:
I don't know how any of you guys live a normal life and manage to hit the cR cap every day.
I've never hit the cap. Even during my days of abusing the target designator.

Thanks everyone for the advice about the credits, looks like score attack/sniper fight is where it's at.

Dirtbag

I'm ready for a map pack already. I do like the launch maps more then the Halo 3 launch maps as a whole, but.. I'm not a big fan of Hemmorrage, Pinnacle, Spire. And I outright hate Boneyard.

Zealot could have been a better map then it turned out, but its not a bad map either.
I really like-love everything else. I'm one of the rare few that actually enjoys Sword base.

I'm hoping for a really good re-configuring of Hemmorrage's basic valley to hit matchmaking. Some different bases, some decent cover, mancannons, maybe a center structure? Also, where is Lockout? We obviously have all the pieces, why isn't it in Matchmaking exactly?

Team Slayer is much better now that SWAT / Snipers have been practically removed but Covy Slayer is coming up too much for my liking. I wish the maps had the regular weapons on them at least, rather then the Covie ones everywhere.

I'm finding the focus rifle to be pretty much useless and most people don't seem to bother picking it up. Hopefully it gets a damage boost or aim assist boost or something. It doesn't seem to be a relevant weapon at all. Kind of feel the same way about the plasma launcher. I don't feel it has any place on maps without vehicles (Boardwalk / The Cage) it's just not really a worthy infantry weapon. I find a sticky grenade to be more effective.

I just recently started playing with the jetpack on The Cage, and wow does that map play ENTIRELY different. It's much more interesting to jump around the different levels, and it really opens the map up.

Dirtbag said:
I'm ready for a map pack already. I do like the launch maps more then the Halo 3 launch maps as a whole, but.. I'm not a big fan of Hemmorrage, Pinnacle, Spire. And I outright hate Boneyard.

Zealot could have been a better map then it turned out, but its not a bad map either.
I really like-love everything else. I'm one of the rare few that actually enjoys Sword base.

I'm hoping for a really good re-configuring of Hemmorrage's basic valley to hit matchmaking. Some different bases, some decent cover, mancannons, maybe a center structure? Also, where is Lockout? We obviously have all the pieces, why isn't it in Matchmaking exactly?

Team Slayer is much better now that SWAT / Snipers have been practically removed but Covy Slayer is coming up too much for my liking. I wish the maps had the regular weapons on them at least, rather then the Covie ones everywhere.

I'm finding the focus rifle to be pretty much useless and most people don't seem to bother picking it up. Hopefully it gets a damage boost or aim assist boost or something. It doesn't seem to be a relevant weapon at all. Kind of feel the same way about the plasma launcher. I don't feel it has any place on maps without vehicles (Boardwalk / The Cage) it's just not really a worthy infantry weapon. I find a sticky grenade to be more effective.

I just recently started playing with the jetpack on The Cage, and wow does that map play ENTIRELY different. It's much more interesting to jump around the different levels, and it really opens the map up.

Boneyards not too bad. It's balanced enough that both sides have their own vantage points for taking on the enemy. One thing I hate about the map thoug his how cramped it is for vehicles. You can barely move around with the Wraith and trying to fly the Banshee is a pain when you're in Invasion.

Striker

Boneyard would be better equipped in putting the teams' spawns in actual structures, instead of two open, vacant spaces. Seems rather barren.

I can't vision it being a fun 2-sided map right now until changes are map. At least Spire has a better structure at the moment. The one singular Covenant building would be suitable for flag or bomb spot in 1-bomb or 1-flag games, but still, most of the map is still not being used. Rather disappointing.

zumphry

Banned
TheStringTheory said:
I swear to god, SWAT is going to cause me to have a nervous breakdown.

Heh. When I played it regularly in Halo 3, I was probably close to having a heart attack/bursting veins in my head. Maybe that's why I'm (relatively) calm now when playing Reach (besides when things are really bullshitty)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom