• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

theultimo

TheStringTheory said:
I swear to god, SWAT is going to cause me to have a nervous breakdown.
I have found SWAT to have the worst players, with 14yr screeching to quitters because their k/d ratio is going down. 2nd would be BTB.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
theultimo said:
I have found SWAT to have the worst players, with 14yr screeching to quitters because their k/d ratio is going down. 2nd would be BTB.

You will find some bad ones in Team Slayer every now and then though, had a kid getting pissed about people "stealing" his kills...he finished with only 1 assist. It was great. :lol

neoism

what the FUUUUCK bungle...
I thought you could start a campaign mission if you had one save.... I was at the end of fucking NA and just started another mission for fun.... I quit to the dashboard and now its gone.... :(

neoism said:
I thought you could start a campaign mission if you had one save.... I was at the end of fucking NA and just started another mission for fun.... I quit to the dashboard and now its gone.... :(

Uh, it's been like that since Halo 1...the game actually tells you that it'll dump your current game if you start a new one.

Not a Jellyfish

but I am a sheep
theultimo said:
Players usually aren't bad usually, its just a quit fest.

A quit fest indeed but some can be pretty bad as well. Playing a match yesterday on Paradiso I spawned got in the tank and a teammate with no mic who wanted it decided that he was going to shoot at the tank and throw grenades at it until it had visible flames so I would die quickly and he could get the next. I died quick, he got the next, I was on foot the whole rest of the game and went positive and help us get the win, he gets a total of two tanks over the course of the match and goes negative.

I don't understand how you can spend the whole match in the tank and go negative, makes no sense to me.

GhaleonEB

theultimo said:
Ouch, you are going to hate the WO3- -Captain Grind :\
66,000 cr
I'm working on it now. Slow going, but that's why I'm so glad the Challenges today can be done in Score Attack. :D

ZayneH said:
Heh. When I played it regularly in Halo 3, I was probably close to having a heart attack/bursting veins in my head. Maybe that's why I'm (relatively) calm now when playing Reach (besides when things are really bullshitty)

Every time I die I want to smash a baby's face in IRL. I should really take some tranquilizer before I play halo. Even as angry as I get I still don't understand all the shit 12 year olds talk over XBL.

Alucrid

Banned
cuevas said:
Every time I die I want to smash a baby's face in IRL. I should really take some tranquilizer before I play halo. Even as angry as I get I still don't understand all the shit 12 year olds talk over XBL.

It's not where near as rage inducing as being beaten in SSFIV by a jumping + shoryukening laggy ken.

Chorazin

Beat the campaign today, solo Legendary style. PoA wasn't nearly as bad as some people said, especially the room leading up to the MAC. PP + DMR = Easy Mode.

MrBig

Thagomizer said:
Uh, it's been like that since Halo 1...the game actually tells you that it'll dump your current game if you start a new one.
No, Halo 1 had the best system. Each level had its own save and you could just play any level and then come back and play any other level from the beginning or from your last save.

I remember seeing a clip of someone in a Reverent going FLYING during Gaf customs on Ghaleon's map.

I literally saw the same thing happen to a Ghost on matchmaking on hemmorage just now! :lol

MrBig

bobs99 ... said:
I remember seeing a clip of someone in a Reverent going FLYING during Gaf customs on Ghaleon's map.

I literally saw the same thing happen to a Ghost on matchmaking on hemmorage just now! :lol
Ya that was me. What a great experience. This game is probably the most broken besides Halo 2. But its just so fun.

bobs99 ... said:

Happened to me on a Ghost in Paradiso. I'm crossing the bridge, going in a strait line, when my screen suddenly seizures and I end dead under the waterfall:lol

theultimo

Thagomizer said:
Happened to me on a Ghost in Paradiso. I'm crossing the bridge, going in a strait line, when my screen suddenly seizures and I end dead under the waterfall:lol
I just love the Elevator glitch on Reflection. I've suicide jumped off that many times by accident.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Just did a little mod to my Sennheiser HD555's. Music sounds better through them and I can't wait to play some Halo with them. HYPE!!!

zumphry

Banned
MrBig said:
Forge worlds a pretty cool guy and doesnt afraid of eating vehicles

I think every time a vehicle explodes and sends your body back to where you first entered the vehicle, it's the game's way of sacrificing something to the Bungie employees that died while creating Forge World.

Or something.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
:lol :lol

Kid betrays me right at the end of firefight, I'm going to let it go, BUT, his friend starts yelling BOOT HIM BOOT HIM, thinking I betrayed his friend... So I boot him, then I head his friend go, Oh man... wtf....

Now I have 3 hate messages. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:

Kid betrays me right at the end of firefight, I'm going to let it go, BUT, his friend starts yelling BOOT HIM BOOT HIM, thinking I betrayed his friend... So I boot him, then I head his friend go, Oh man... wtf....

Are they voice messages??? Please let them be voice messages!!!

ElRenoRaven

Alienshogun said:

ROFLMAO

Serves the assholes right.

Unicorn

neoism said:
There's an option for save and quit for a reason...

soldat7

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea its almost like all that voting for SWAT games meant people actually like SWAT. How crazy!?

What's changed? I don't remember SWAT being all that popular in past Halos. An unfortunate side-effect of COD?

theultimo

soldat7 said:
What's changed? I don't remember SWAT being all that popular in past Halos. An unfortunate side-effect of COD?
New people to the franchise don't want to bother in real Halo skill i think. SWAT can be fun, but its too twitch for Halo veterans for the most part. Normal Halo not "realistic" enough with the current MW crowd.

Merguson

Banned
Buckethead said:
All daily challenges completed.
Who is going to do that weekly challenge? Good lawd.

I am. Only 10 left to go. Wrapping up the weekly challenge tomorrow. :D I did 10 matches per day so it wasn't too bad.

Unicorn

theultimo said:
New people to the franchise don't want to bother in real Halo skill i think. SWAT can be fun, but its too twitch for Halo veterans for the most part. Normal Halo not "realistic" enough with the current MW crowd.
I don't know about other "veterans" but there wasn't a better way to test reaction time, precision, and boasts from friends than to do it via SWAT. Great way to learn maps too. Really needed to know every nook and cranny when you could die at the slightest mistake. Played it all the time in 2, but now its nice for mixing things up in REACH.

Perhaos it had to do with Halo 2's shields feeling like sponges because of the terrible smg...

Love me vanilla halo 1, 3, and reach though. Nice balance of skill and "life" of opponents.

Yea I was shown SWAT at my first ever LAN when my friends introduced me to Halo 2. It was popular then, got its own playlist. It was popular enough to get itself into Halo 3. It was voted so much in Slayer in Reach people were getting mad Slayer was taking a backseat.

To call it anything other than popular is just stupid.

zlatko

Banned
I'm one of the people who likes SWAT.

Last game I just played of it today I went positive 17 in k/d spread. I just have quicker reactions/better aiming at the start of a fire fight, so that's probably why I excel more at SWAT than normal slayer.

I think a bigger problem I have is that too often now the entire other team I play in arena or team slayer all use armor lock. It's become so that the other abilities don't have their own purpose UNLESS your team is all using headsets/are your friends.

I was massively disheartened today with 3 games in a row where the other team didn't do anything but armor lock. It's always the people who are the absolute WORST shots who use it. Can't DMR and aim? Just armor lock. Don't want to learn proper spacing for weapon effectiveness ? Armor lock. Don't know map lay outs and want to avoid grenades? Armor lock. Armor lock is just so damn versatile in many situations where the other abilities aren't.

I'd like to see more game types have armor lock swapped with evade instead. Or maybe come up with some kind of tweak to armor lock so it's not so damn easy to abuse. Maybe a plasma pistol fully charged on someone who armor locks can auto bring them out of armor lock and force them to wait for the cool down. Or you can assassinate someone who armor locks.

The best counter to another team all doing armor lock...ends up being your whole team needs to armor lock. It saps the fun/pacing of the game. :/

ataboada

It appears that the ONLINE MEETUP thread is not used that often. I just got the game and wanted to get some GAF tags, since I'm a little tired of random people. Not the best place to ask, I know, but the other thread does look deserted.

My tag is Tabasco Impact. Add me! =)

zam

GhaleonEB

So, remember that time a few months ago when I said how I'd like to read a blog detailing someone's exploits in Forge, going into detail on map design ideas from initial concept to testing? And how I said I might just do it myself, and a few of you guys said you were interested? Here's the first entry, graciously hosted by Dani over at Forward Unto Dawn, introducing the series. I'm going to aim for a few posts a week going into detail on construction of whatever I'm tinkering with lately. For the first few weeks, it will be a look back on the map that's in testing now, but after that it will be more a real time chronicle of the present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom