• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

GhaleonEB

Alienshogun said:
Fun customs.

Here's a clip of that issue I had on your map Ghal.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5825642&player=AlienShogun
Needless to say, there goes any hopes I had for the map. 2/2 games on it, vehicles get launched off it at random. Huge bug, and one I hope Bungie can patch. I won't put any more work into the map. That's pretty game breaking, it prevented a cap. I'm pretty crushed; I'd put so much time into that map.

Next map will be for Invasion, and I won't float any of it like that. Though I don't have any good ideas where to build right now.

Neuromancer said:
I don't mind the staggered capping, gives people a chance to catch up.

Catch up to what? The cap? Once the cap gets raised, the people that are at the cap now will be way ahead of the people just getting to it. :lol

theultimo

Ajemsuhgao said:
Catch up to what? The cap? Once the cap gets raised, the people that are at the cap now will be way ahead of the people just getting to it. :lol
Its an endless cap cycle, and one that rewards not playing it oddly.

Merguson

Banned
GhaleonEB said:
Needless to say, there goes any hopes I had for the map. 2/2 games on it, vehicles get launched off it at random. Huge bug, and one I hope Bungie can patch. I won't put any more work into the map. That's pretty game breaking, it prevented a cap. I'm pretty crushed; I'd put so much time into that map.

Next map will be for Invasion, and I won't float any of it like that. Though I don't have any good ideas where to build right now.

Is it just the Revenant or does it occur to all vehicles as well?

Aggrotek

Customs were a lot of fun, thanks for letting me join in guys. :D

GhaleonEB said:
I think someone mentioned a Warthog going flying, but I didn't see it. I haven't been able to replicate the bug, and it "only: seems to happen once or twice per game. I thought it might be seams that caused it, but the last to I saw the vehicle getting tossed wasn't on one. I suppose I could just yank the Revenants, but Warthogs and Mongoose only on the map is a little dry. I could try Ghosts, though don't like Reach's implementation version of them. Grumble grumble.

I think that was me and vhfive's (don't know his gaf name) mongoose, but we went off a mancannon and hit a wall.

GhaleonEB

Merguson said:
Is it just the Revenant or does it occur to all vehicles as well?
I think someone mentioned a Warthog going flying, but I didn't see it. I haven't been able to replicate the bug, and it "only: seems to happen once or twice per game. I thought it might be seams that caused it, but the last to I saw the vehicle getting tossed wasn't on one. I suppose I could just yank the Revenants, but Warthogs and Mongoose only on the map is a little dry. I could try Ghosts, though don't like Reach's implementation version of them. Grumble grumble.

I'm flying around Forge World right now trying to settle on a location for another map, and I'm honestly not liking a lot of the spaces. They're too built out and cluttered with rocks and undulating terrain to be a good template space.

GhaleonEB said:

I'm flying around Forge World right now trying to settle on a location for another map, and I'm honestly not liking a lot of the spaces. They're too built out and cluttered with rocks and undulating terrain to be a good template space.

Check which object(s) it's happening on, and check to see if they're rotated in a weird way. I often run into a glitch where rotating a object in two different directions, ends up making the object constantly rotate 180 degrees, rather than whatever my snap to setting is. I have to actually reset the rotation and do it all over.

Hey You

Not sure if its been mentioned, but the Halo 3 & Reach numbers are different. Halo 3 counts the number of players in the past 24 hours, Reach's show the current number of players online.

GhaleonEB

Ajemsuhgao said:
Check which object(s) it's happening on, and check to see if they're rotated in a weird way. I often run into a glitch where rotating a object in two different directions, ends up making the object constantly rotate 180 degrees, rather than whatever my snap to setting is. I have to actually reset the rotation and do it all over.
In both videos I've seen, the objects are on flat, 90 degree rotated objects. But I'll poke around.

Maybe I'll make that foot race track I've been thinking of. :D
Hey You said:
Not sure if its been mentioned, but the Halo 3 & Reach numbers are different. Halo 3 counts the number of players in the past 24 hours, Reach's show the current number of players online.
Yeah. I wish Reach showed 24 hours. It would be interesting to compare the numbers to Halo 3 at the same time.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Download Ghostbusters

Supports 16 players, best played on big open maps like Hemorrage.

Ghostbusters is an Infection gametype. One Ghost against the Ghostbusters. Initially.

reach_5838071_Medium.jpg

Ghostbusters are equiped with the latest in Ghostbustin' technology and despite having a single weapon, they have unlimited Armour Abilities.

reach_5838737_Medium.jpg

Ghosts are invisible unless moving but they move pretty fast and jump pretty high. They can fly too (with unlimited jetpack).

reach_5838929_Medium.jpg

Ghosts will counter your attack with green ectoplasm (Fuel Rod munitions).

reach_5838806_Medium.jpg

You won't survive but bust as much ghosts as you can before you die.

KORPAH

Neo Member
So I was about to complete the campaign on Legendary, like seriously at the last part of the Pillar of Autumn, when my power goes out... so I wait until the power comes back on to only find out that none of my progress was saved for the Pillar of Autumn... that shit took me at least an hour and now I have to play it all over again. :( :( :( :( :(

Thanks for customs, hopefully will have a microphone by next week. On that last game on Vertigo I was feeling quite nauseous so I decided to just stand in one place....
Thanks for the fun and hopefully next week I won't be a mute

Aggrotek

Tashi0106 said:
Basically yea. I've never heard of them until today. They had some big name players there too, pretty cool.

K my Gamebattles team needs a logo. Any of you awesome guys with time want to try to make one for us?

Our team name is: Campus Safety

Be creative, be funny if you want. The size is 300x200.

Thanks a lot <3<3

Also, we just won our first match yayyyyyy
I'll give it a go. I could use the practice. (Just got my degree in design.)

Any specific colors or anything? PM me if you want anything specific.

zumphry

Banned
Well, even though customs were practically over a hour or so ago, the last custom game of the night just happened. Even when somewhat mangled to be more like Midship, Zealot just plays like a purple circle. :lol

witness

Hey You said:

Ah now that makes sense. Thanks for clearing that up.

So, I'm trying to make a custom firefight that has only enemies with melee weapons (brutes with hammers, elites with swords, and those jackals with the little shield things). Is that even possible?

Trasher

Ramirez said:
wat

After reading your past page worth of posts it appears you're PMSing again, already that time of the month again?!
Oh I was just donging on your awful southern spelling mistakes. :p

Neuromancer said:
So, I'm trying to make a custom firefight that has only enemies with melee weapons (brutes with hammers, elites with swords, and those jackals with the little shield things). Is that even possible?
I wanted to do the same but never did find a way. Looks like you have to make due with the squads as they've been designed.

Speaking of which, it'd be handy if there was a solid breakdown of each squad (ie. numbers, weaponry, abilities). Would make things much easier.

theultimo said:
Turn scoring on, i get way more then 70cr.
Score isn't cR though.

theultimo said:
Turn scoring on, i get way more then 70cr.
Scoring was on. I'm not counting commendations, which can give you much more. 70's just for game completion payout.

NullPointer said:
I wanted to do the same but never did find a way. Looks like you have to make due with the squads as they've been designed.
That's really too bad, I had a really fun firefight in mind but I guess I can't do it now. =(

Ajemsuhgao said:
I know, but I still like knowing that right now I can catch up even if some miscreants are going to leap ahead as soon as the 'cap' is lifted anyway.

Oh wow there's an option so you can flag run? NICE. Just saw it in that NLG Sactuary game.

Default that to every flag gametype now Bungie.

GhaleonEB

So, I resumed my solo Legendary trek, and Nightfall lived up to my expectation as a pretty brutal level. I've concluded that I don't like how the Elites are balanced in Legendary: they're bullet sponges. For most Elites, plasma pistol shots and even a plasma grenade stick won't strip shields, while without them many types can take 3-4 sniper shots in rapid sequence to take down. Meanwhile I'm getting dropped by a single melee and from a lone second exposed to plasma fire.

I finished the level feeling like an achievement unlock should occur, called "Goddamn!" I had a very, very hard time with several sequences, and it wasn't the hard but fun variety that Halo 3 Legendary (or even Mythic) solo had. It's hard, but not hard in a way that makes me feel like I'm up against a tough fight; rather, I feel like I have an arm tied behind my back. Halo 3, it felt like a gauntlet was thrown down, but it was still a fair fight. I don't see myself ever playing Nightfall on solo Legendary again. It simply wasn't all that much fun, while the first two levels - a couple of encounters aside - very much were. I'm hoping the rest of the campaign is more like the first two on Legendary.

Between that, a very frustrating entry into MP matchmaking (see earlier posts about the game on Asylum) and the physics glitch ruining a map I spent the better part of three weeks designing and building, and a lot of flaws in the game came out today.

Yeah sorry I couldn't get into customs...

I was working on the Firefight challenge... and then a buddy called to go drinking.

Drinking won.

GhaleonEB said:
So, I resumed my solo Legendary trek, and Nightfall lived up to my expectation as a pretty brutal level. I've concluded that I don't like how the Elites are balanced in Legendary: they're bullet sponges. For most Elites, plasma pistol shots and even a plasma grenade stick won't strip shields, while without them many types can take 3-4 sniper shots in rapid sequence to take down. Meanwhile I'm getting dropped by a single melee and from a lone second exposed to plasma fire.

I finished the level feeling like an achievement unlock should occur, called "Goddamn!" I had a very, very hard time with several sequences, and it wasn't the hard but fun variety that Halo 3 Legendary (or even Mythic) solo had. It's hard, but not hard in a way that makes me feel like I'm up against a tough fight; rather, I feel like I have an arm tied behind my back. Halo 3, it felt like a gauntlet was thrown down, but it was still a fair fight. I don't see myself ever playing Nightfall on solo Legendary again. It simply wasn't all that much fun, while the first two levels - a couple of encounters aside - very much were. I'm hoping the rest of the campaign is more like the first two on Legendary.

Between that, a very frustrating entry into MP matchmaking (see earlier posts about the game on Asylum) and the physics glitch ruining a map I spent the better part of three weeks designing and building, and a lot of flaws in the game came out today.
Bummer, man. Sorry about the custom map.

In my opinion the game really breaks down on solo Legendary, due in large part to the following: inconsistent checkpointing; AI buddies that do absolutely nothing; and weapons that are seemingly 100x more effective in the hands of the enemy than in yours. I can pretty safely say after I'm done (3 levels to go) I don't plan on ever playing Legendary solo again. It's just not fun.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
GhaleonEB said:

For what it's worth I've done 6/9 missions on solo legendary and Nightfall has given me BY FAR the most trouble so far.

By the end, I was abusing the stealth camo so hard. Just trying to skip as much as I could. Not fun.

I found Tip of the Spear, Long Night of Solace, and Exodus to be much more enjoyable, and much more in the "tough but fair" category.

Fake edit: by the way were there two hunters or four? The weekly update said they scripted legendary to have four, and a poster backed that up, but only two were dropped off in my run...

GDJustin

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Aggrotek said:
I'll give it a go. I could use the practice. (Just got my degree in design.)

Any specific colors or anything? PM me if you want anything specific.
Thanks a lot. I'll leave the design work to you, I really don't have any specific ideas. Also, congrats on receiving your degree. :D

Striker

Neuromancer said:
Bummer, man. Sorry about the custom map.

In my opinion the game really breaks down on solo Legendary, due in large part to the following: inconsistent checkpointing; AI buddies that do absolutely nothing; and weapons that are seemingly 100x more effective in the hands of the enemy than in yours. I can pretty safely say after I'm done (3 levels to go) I don't plan on ever playing Legendary solo again. It's just not fun.
Let's not act like past Halo campaigns had stellar ally AI and weapon treatment.

This campaign is levels above Halo 3/ODST on getting the Elites back alone. Halo 2 was not too bad outside the Cairo area.

NZNova

Finished the campaign on heroic, done winter contingency and sword base on legendary solo, and had my first games online today, this game is so great :D

Started Nightfall on legendary but memories of how hard it was on heroic have made me put the game down for a while to get myself ready for it.

NZNova

Well, it's deliberate. If the other Spartans could kick ass, you could just hang back and let their invincible selves take care of business. And if they weren't invincible, you'd be complaining if they ever got themselves killed and you had to recheckpoint. So, making them invincible but pretty useless is about all they could do.

GDJustin

xxjuicesxx said:
WTF I didn't know you could kill Shade turrets.

Mainly because Shade Turrets aren't ALIVE!

Well neither are ghosts or wraiths but they still get reported. That particular turret got dead'd because I kept sniping the grunt gunner and another would run in and take his place. So I stuck the turret itself to blow it up.

It's easy to do. You didn't destoy the turret at the start of tip of the spear?

NZNova said:
Well, it's deliberate. If the other Spartans could kick ass, you could just hang back and let their invincible selves take care of business. And if they weren't invincible, you'd be complaining if they ever got themselves killed and you had to recheckpoint. So, making them invincible but pretty useless is about all they could do.
Well in addition to your idiotic fellow spartans that are usually nowhere near the battles, or are looking at an enemy 20 feet away and not even trying to shoot them, the marines that team up with you from to time to time only ever last about .5 seconds before being ritualistically disembowled. You say deliberate, I say poor AI design. Spartans should be a little smarter and the marines/ODSTs should be a little tougher. There'd still be plenty of challenge left on Legendary solo as far as I'm concerned.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom