• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help guys. I'm on Long night of Solace legendary solo and I just
got into the corvette.
I'm super low on health and am looking for a health pickup before I go into the next big room
where the pelican comes in.
Any suggestions?

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Help guys. I'm on Long night of Solace legendary solo and I just
got into the corvette.
I'm super low on health and am looking for a health pickup before I go into the next big room
where the pelican comes in.
Any suggestions?
There isn't one. Just get a DMR from a marine and pick up a plasma pistol.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Kuroyume said:
The only thing that bothers me about Asylum is that damn spot above fucking sniper. I can't believe they havn't put a soft kill thing on there. Is it be design? It's incredibly stupid. I could get up there by myself but it can be tricky and take a while just leaving you open to be killed while you're trying to get up there. Once they're up there forget it. If you could only get there by jetpack I would be okay, but for people to get up there by sprinting and jumping at the right spots is just stupid.

Also, I think I'm done with Invasion until they do the something about the first stage. That shit on both maps is just the fucking worst now that people have figured out how to defend. Shame because Invasion Slayer is fun...

Yeah, there really needs to be a safe area for Spartans/Elites to spawn in both maps. As it is now 1 or 2 guys go down and mess with the attacking team as they spawn and it's enough to disrupt everything. Especially with Elites starting with those turrets on spire, and spartans starting with pistols on Boneyard. It simply takes too long (and exposed for too long) for the attacking team to fight against anyone who actually knows how to defend.

MrBig said:
There isn't one. Just get a DMR from a marine and pick up a plasma pistol.
Well I'm completely fucked then because I have like 5 elites using the beam gun to snipe me from across the map, even with the needle rifle it's almost impossible to kill them because their shields come back so fast.

I haven't seen any DMRs laying around, the idiot marines jumped right in and got slaughtered god only knows where.

=(

MrBig

Neuromancer said:
Well I'm completely fucked then because I have like 5 elites using the beam gun to snipe me from across the map, even with the needle rifle it's almost impossible to kill them because their shields come back so fast.

I haven't seen any DMRs laying around, the idiot marines jumped right in and got slaughtered god only knows where.

=(
I just kept pecking off a few shots with a nerfle and eventually all but one elite rushed into the hallway and i just pp + headshotted them.

e: going to watch the new Community and then I'll be on for customs in 30 mins.

I hate this game sometimes. Legendary solo is such a dick achievement. OK I'll keep trying and hope a blood vessel in my head doesn't burst.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
Gungnir is awesome, I called it months ago!
You called something as looking cool after already looking at it? Wow, dude. That's something else. Everyone who has seen it thinks it's awesome looking as well.

By the way, after reading your last couple of posts you might want to consider re-reading your posts for mistakes before you submit them. Your spelling errors are plaguing your posts dog!

So what can I do about playing with dudes who just idle there way through firefight matches? They just sit there, and auto re-que after the end of the match?

Its mega frustrating that people can step away form their console and get put into game after game automatically.

We need some sort of vote to kick option.

Gui_PT

Pookaki said:
So what can I do about playing with dudes who just idle there way through firefight matches? They just sit there, and auto re-que after the end of the match?

Its mega frustrating that people can step away form their console and get put into game after game automatically.

We need some sort of vote to kick option.

That would be the worst thing to make it into a Halo game.

People would be kicked unfairly left and right just because a bunch of idiots find it fun.

Gui_PT said:
That would be the worst thing to make it into a Halo game.

People would be kicked unfairly left and right just because a bunch of idiots find it fun.
WoW has a great Vote to kick option for 5 man dungeons.

at the very least it needs to detect people who are AFK and boot them automatically.

Gui_PT

Pookaki said:
WoW has a great Vote to kick option for 5 man dungeons.

at the very least it needs to detect people who are AFK and boot them automatically.

WoW and Reach. Can't compare those, completely different kind players.

Trasher

Gui_PT said:
WoW and Reach. Can't compare those, completely different kind players.
:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

Might be the dumbest thing I've heard all day.

If people get the opportunity to BOOT someone after one betrayal, then it would be better if the rest of the team was able to vote on kicking that person before the person who was betrayed just automatically kicks them out. Giving the team the option to vote on the kick after a betrayal would be 100% better than the current way it is handled.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
HaloGAF Reach Customs Starting!

Tonight's highlights include;

-Ghaleon's Crossroads 1.1
-NOKYARD's kickass Invasion map début
-Halo 3 versus Reach Experiment
-ForgeGAF maps aplenty

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
I can't wait to never play Infection again once it's moved out of Rumble Pit. It kept coming up when I was trying to get some challenges today and I just wanted to rage. I honestly was enjoying it when the game came out, but after a month of it coming up waaay too often, I just can't stand it.

It really sucks on certain maps (Asylum when the Spartans get on top of the cliff, or the top level of Zealot), but The Cage is especially bad. All of the Spartans can just hang out in the enclosed middle area where they spawn, have a clear view of nearly the entire map, and just annihilate the zombies from a distance with the magnum.

Trasher said:

If people get the opportunity to BOOT someone after one betrayal, then it would be better if the rest of the team was able to vote on kicking that person before the person who was betrayed just automatically kicks them out. Giving the team the option to vote on the kick after a betrayal would be 100% better than the current way it is handled.
Absolutely. This would make the boot system much, much better than it is right now.

To combat griefing it could work something like this.

First betrayal: The majority of the team needs to vote to kick the player before he is kicked.
Second betrayal: Half of the players need to vote to kick the player before he is kicked.
Third betrayal: The player who was betrayed would make the decision wether the person would be kicked or not.

It could be something less intrusive, like press down on the D-Pad to vote to kick the betrayer. Not pressing the button would be a vote against booting.

MMaRsu

vatstep said:
I can't wait to never play Infection again once it's moved out of Rumble Pit. It kept coming up when I was trying to get some challenges today and I just wanted to rage. I honestly was enjoying it when the game came out, but after a month of it coming up waaay too often, I just can't stand it.

It really sucks on certain maps (Asylum when the Spartans get on top of the cliff, or the top level of Zealot), but The Cage is especially bad. All of the Spartans can just hang out in the enclosed middle area where they spawn, have a clear view of nearly the entire map, and just annihilate the zombies from a distance with the magnum.

Infection sucks ass

Raide

Dani said:
HaloGAF Reach Customs Starting!

Tonight's highlights include;

-Ghaleon's Crossroads 1.1
-NOKYARD's kickass Invasion map début
-Halo 3 versus Reach Experiment
-ForgeGAF maps aplenty

Jumping on in a few mins, will be good to test the ForgeGAF stuff.

So is there something special that I need to do in order to use the sniper in MP? Almost everytime I pick it up some douche will follow me around hitting me with his rifle butt in order to drop my shields. Fucking retarded that your own team mates can drop your shields so that you are basically a one hit kill. If they do that and I die (by someone else) I don't even get the opportunity to boot them.

Sibylus

Banned
OuterWorldVoice said:
The usage of this image constitutes an infringement and I demand that you immediately cease and desist, also destroy the item, possibly by nomming it.
Compliance shall be forthcoming.

*eats more cake*

Trickster

MMaRsu said:
Infection sucks ass

Internet_High_Five.jpg

Such a shitty gameplay type.

Gui_PT

Trasher said:

He was talking about kicking idlers =\
He clearly said he wanted to be able to cast a kick vote without betrayals.

Actually got something to do tonight so no GAF customs for me either, not that anyone shot me an invite. Hopefully next week I can get in on the shenanigans.

Trasher

Gui_PT said:
He was talking about kicking idlers =\
He clearly said he wanted to be able to cast a kick vote without betrayals.
My bad my bad. So it wasn't the dumbest thing I've heard all day. :p

I still support the idea of a voting system to boot players at any time though. Seems like there could be a way where the game could tell if someone was idle or if someone was betraying, and then it would enable the voting system. Heroes of Newerth has a great voting system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom