• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gui_PT

Trasher said:
My bad my bad. So it wasn't the dumbest thing I've heard all day. :p

I still support the idea of a voting system to boot players at any time though. Seems like there could be a way where the game could tell if someone was idle or if someone was betraying, and then it would enable the voting system. Heroes of Newerth has a great voting system.

At least try not to be disrespectful like that.

Try replying like a normal person, being civil. Something like "I don't agree, here's why..."

Instead "omg u dumb lolololololol"

Trasher

Gui_PT said:
At least try not to be disrespectful like that.

Try replying like a normal person, being civil. Something like "I don't agree, here's why..."

Instead "omg u dumb lolololololol"
This is HaloGAF. Toughen up or GET OUT!

Edit: Actually, you know what? I take back my previous post. It's still the dumbest thing I've heard all day. Saying that "WoW players are different than Halo players" is really dumb. Most of my friends that have played Halo have also played a lot of WoW. They are the same people.

Gui_PT

I may joke around a lot, but I'm not a jerk on purpose. There's a huge difference.

Guess it makes you feel like a man or something, I'm not sure. Whatever the reason may be, I don't care.

What are ya gonna do *shrugs*

Unicorn

Dani said:
HaloGAF Reach Customs Starting!

Tonight's highlights include;

-Ghaleon's Crossroads 1.1
-NOKYARD's kickass Invasion map début
-Halo 3 versus Reach Experiment
-ForgeGAF maps aplenty
I'll be on 9pm mountain time. I want in on some forgemaps

Gt: Yagya

Trasher

Gui_PT said:
I may joke around a lot, but I'm not a jerk on purpose. There's a huge difference.

Guess it makes you feel like a man or something, I'm not sure. Whatever the reason may be, I don't care.

What are ya gonna do *shrugs*
I'm not being a jerk. I'm pointing out a comment that is stupid in my opinion. Saying that one type of person who plays one game is not the same as another person who plays a different game is incredibly naive and stupid on your part. Stereotyping people based on the game they play is just immature.

For all I know you were inferring that people who play WoW are inferior to those like you who just play Halo. I took it as an insult so of course I'm going to defend myself.

Pookaki said:
Absolutely. This would make the boot system much, much better than it is right now.

To combat griefing it could work something like this.

First betrayal: The majority of the team needs to vote to kick the player before he is kicked.
Second betrayal: Half of the players need to vote to kick the player before he is kicked.
Third betrayal: The player who was betrayed would make the decision wether the person would be kicked or not.

It could be something less intrusive, like press down on the D-Pad to vote to kick the betrayer. Not pressing the button would be a vote against booting.
I was thinking of a similar thing for the voting system. For every betrayal the severity of the vote should increase. We are on the same page, sir. *high-five*

Gui_PT

Trasher said:
I'm not being a jerk. I'm pointing out a comment that is stupid in my opinion. Saying that one type of person who plays one game is not the same as another person who plays a different game is incredibly naive and stupid on your part. Stereotyping people based on the game they play is just immature.

Uhm.... Yeah.... That's just wrong

For all I know you were inferring that people who play WoW are inferior to those like you who just play Halo. I took it as an insult so of course I'm going to defend myself.

I did no such thing. You assumed wrong.

So this argument started because you assumed something wrong. I'll just stop discussing this then.

Not a Jellyfish said:

23rjwcg.jpg

Trasher

Gui_PT said:
Uhm.... Yeah.... That's just wrong

I did no such thing. You assumed wrong.

So this argument started because you assumed something wrong. I'll just stop discussing this then.
My point was that you left that up to interpretation with the way you worded it. Think before you post please. I still stand by how dumb your comment was. The argument started because you act like people who play different games are from different planets or something. That's such a narrow-minded way of thinking. One could even say that that type of thinking is like racism in a way. You are the one who is being disrespectful if anything. "Because this person plays this then he must be like this." That kind of thinking disgusts me.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ummmm I was playing Zealot Pro earlier today and I threw a frag at a guy and he threw a plasma at me and they hit each other in mid-air. Except he was far away so the grenades did some damage to me. :lol

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Ummmm I was playing Zealot Pro earlier today and I threw a frag at a guy and he threw a plasma at me and they hit each other in mid-air. Except he was far away so the grenades did some damage to me. :lol
The plasma exploded as soon as the frag hit it? Interesting. :lol

witness

Wow why the hell are there so many more people still playing Halo 3 than Reach? I don't know if its reading the numbers differently but there's constantly a ton more people on, usually twice as many. Its pretty shocking to see the difference. Don't think its not a coincidence either major nelson hasn't posted the xbox live activity numbers lately either......

witness said:
Wow why the hell are there so many more people still playing Halo 3 than Reach? I don't know if its reading the numbers differently but there's constantly a ton more people on, usually twice as many. Its pretty shocking to see the difference. Don't think its not a coincidence either major nelson hasn't posted the xbox live activity numbers lately either......
Halo Reach does some good things, but 3's multiplayer still does some things better. It dosen't outclass it.

witness said:

Straight from B.net.

Reach:

Players Online
Games Played (24h)

Halo 3:
Players (24h):226,086
Games (24h):419,126

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but Reach has almost as many players on right now as Halo 3 had games in the last day.

Trasher

Lead Based Paint said:
Take that stuff to pms please.

Shit's embarrassing.
I would say the same to you. You shoulda sent this in a PM rather than clutter up the thread. Thanks for the advice though, bro. Luckily I'm just gonna tag this on to a post that IS on topic.

witness said:
I thought the numbers were posted the other week and Reach had been dominating. I could have sworn I saw a thread here on that.

witness

Thagomizer said:
Straight from B.net.

Reach:

Players Online

Games Played (24h)

Halo 3:
Games (24h):419,126
Players (24h):226,086

Not sure where you're getting your numbers from, but Reach has almost as many players on right now as Halo 3 had games in the last day.

When I was just on Halo 3 this afternoon there were 500k+ online and I was on Reach just before that and there was 200k something. Again I don't know if it counts the numbers differently for Reach than H3, but I've been noticing this the past week since I bought H3 again (had to build up the Halo collection again since I'm in love with Reach). Every time I look it always shows Halo 3 having more players on than Reach, by a ton.

I hope there's something up with the numbers it shows in game because Reach is fantastic.

NH Apache

Banned
I'm ready to get slaughtered. Sent a FR to Dani.

Hypertrooper said:
The Mongoose Crash at GhaleonEB's BTB "Crossroad" map:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=5806755&player=Hypertrooper
Btw. my first video I rendered :) Sorry that i quitted the costum so early, but I'm very tired :(

The Invasion Costum map was awesome too. Who was the creator of this map? And anyone could post the link to Bungies Invasion Forge guide? :) Oh find the link in the OP.

Check out ForgeGAF: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=407389 :D

NH Apache

Banned
Lazslo said:
I'll be jumping on for customs in a little bit now that the Yankees are doing okay...hope there's room

Looks like its full.

I'll start the B team, and at some point, we can combine forces.

Gamertag is in my profile.

Ah lagged out just as that infection game started, I get the feeling I didnt miss much? :lol

Im gonna be REALLY quiet dont wanna wake anyone up.

eosos

Banned
Whoo finally beat it up! I did it on heroic solo. It was actually pretty tough! The last mission was lame (not the on after the credits). I kept dying while in the giant turret. Oh well it was a good time, can't wait to do it on legendary with some friends.

Sorry for lagging out earlier in customs, it happened while I was being splattered by a banshee too. I heard Five ask what I was doing and then I was gone.

Oh and I was on one of those mongooses that ran into each other, it was awesome. :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Devin Olsen said:
What in the world am I watching?

Who/What is NGL? This commentator and the stream quality lead me to believe that this is a very low budget rip off of MLG?

Basically yea. I've never heard of them until today. They had some big name players there too, pretty cool.

K my Gamebattles team needs a logo. Any of you awesome guys with time want to try to make one for us?

Our team name is: Campus Safety

Be creative, be funny if you want. The size is 300x200.

Thanks a lot <3<3

Also, we just won our first match yayyyyyy

Ramirez

Trasher said:
You called something as looking cool after already looking at it? Wow, dude. That's something else. Everyone who has seen it thinks it's awesome looking as well.

By the way, after reading your last couple of posts you might want to consider re-reading your posts for mistakes before you submit them. Your spelling errors are plaguing your posts dog!

wat

After reading your past page worth of posts it appears you're PMSing again, already that time of the month again?!

theultimo said:
1000 Cr from Major. They should really uncap this soon, I have seen at least 10-20 capped people in the last 2 hours.

In the Bungie Weekly Update it was noted that only 1% of the population is currently capped.

Btw, want to buy updated profile picture on B.net :(

MrBig

theultimo said:
1000 Cr from Major. They should really uncap this soon, I have seen at least 10-20 capped people in the last 2 hours.
That's because you are getting matched with people of similar skill. Generally, If you have a high rank, you will be matched with others of a close rank.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom