• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Also whats with like Carter and Emile? I dunno. Umm the guy with the chainsaw gun you drive them in Winter Contingency and they fire like 1 bullet and then wait ten seconds. WTF is that?!? YOU HAVE A CHAINGUN! FIRE IT NONSTOP!

God the idiocy.

xxjuicesxx said:
Also whats with like Carter and Emile? I dunno. Umm the guy with the chainsaw gun you drive them in Winter Contingency and they fire like 1 bullet and then wait ten seconds. WTF is that?!? YOU HAVE A CHAINGUN! FIRE IT NONSTOP!

God the idiocy.

Tt0sb.jpg

Sill4

xxjuicesxx said:

God the idiocy.
This is one of my major gripes with all the games.

I understand that they can't give us a Rambo Marine that destroys everything in sight, but if I'm at a reasonable distance and looking directly at the fucking grunt/ jackal/ Kat's ass/ Brute/ etc, then the AI should at least unload into that one single target.

ESPECIALLY if there are whole levels that depend on, and were specifically created for me and an AI character using a vehicle. I wanted to punch Buck in the dick during the last ODST mission.

Arbiter shot the sentinels just fine, but fellow spartans just give little love taps.

Ajemsuhgao said:

I was playing campaign on legendary with all the skulls on, first level, right?

A little bit in, a pelican drops out of the sky, presumably because one of the jackals took out the pilot. I took it over, grabbed my two partners and took off. It glitched out, and we couldn't leave the pelican or get killed. The enemies couldn't hurt us, and we couldn't finish the level -_- So much for that.

God's Beard said:
I was playing campaign on legendary with all the skulls on, first level, right?

A little bit in, a pelican drops out of the sky, presumably because one of the jackals took out the pilot. I took it over, grabbed my two partners and took off. It glitched out, and we couldn't leave the pelican or get killed. The enemies couldn't hurt us, and we couldn't finish the level -_- So much for that.

Err, you mean Falcon?

And even if you mean Falcon, that seems highly unlikely. Upload the film.

Colocho

Banned
Ok, I'm on mission 5 or something and why the fuck is the driving AI so fucking retarded? it's like their brain can't comprehend that they have to fucking move out of the way of the fucking ship that's firing fucking lasers and shit at you or god forbid they actually drive you from point A to point fucking B, jesus fucking christ. Fuck.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
Basically yea. I've never heard of them until today. They had some big name players there too, pretty cool.

K my Gamebattles team needs a logo. Any of you awesome guys with time want to try to make one for us?

Our team name is: Campus Safety

Be creative, be funny if you want. The size is 300x200.

Thanks a lot <3<3
Will you pay me this time? :lol

:p

Who's on your team btw?

Sean

Banned
Colocho said:
Ok, I'm on mission 5 or something and why the fuck is the driving AI so fucking retarded? it's like their brain can't comprehend that they have to fucking move out of the way of the fucking ship that's firing fucking lasers and shit at you or god forbid they actually drive you from point A to point fucking B, jesus fucking christ. Fuck.

Driving AI is terrible on that mission (and in general), but Kat isn't too bad as a gunner. I just did all the driving by myself and let her shoot. She's not as alert and great an aim as a human, but decent enough - just keep a safe distance from the enemies.

Ramirez

Man, the lag on most Forge World maps is flat out unplayable when you zoom in. Trying to snipe at 10 FPS is impossible. :lol

Game needs new maps ASAP. :|

Ramirez said:
Man, the lag on most Forge World maps is flat out unplayable when you zoom in. Trying to snipe at 10 FPS is impossible. :lol

Game needs new maps ASAP. :|

I <3 being part of the minority that doesn't experience FPS problems in Reach. :D

Ramirez

Ajemsuhgao said:
I <3 being part of the minority that doesn't experience FPS problems in Reach. :D

How can you not notice, just zoom in with a snipe on Asylum, it's really bad. VH's map on the Paradiso island was even worse than that, really wish they would have cut FW up into 5 unique play spaces. Oh well.

Ramirez said:
How can you not notice, just zoom in with a snipe on Asylum, it's really bad. VH's map on the Paradiso island was even worse than that, really wish they would have cut FW up into 5 unique play spaces. Oh well.

NameGenerated said:
Yeah I don't know how people can't notice the frame rate problems, single player or forge world.

It's not that I'm not noticing it. It's that I'm not even having framerate issues, period. The only time I've ever had any problems with framerate, was on Holdout in one game. And I have no idea what even caused it.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ajemsuhgao said:
It just means you cannot see it. You might want to check for other visual disabilities.

I finally played Reach for a long period of time with friends during Friday night and it was awesome. The only bad thins about Reach is that it makes me see the flaws of H3. However, I wish Reach had better maps.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Plywood said:
Will you pay me this time? :lol

:p

Who's on your team btw?

:lol Yes I will pay handsomely with awesome points. Right now you have 5 awesome points for the JTV banner. :lol But nah we'll take all the ones everyone makes and then have the team decide on it. I think that's best. There's no deadline or anything, it's just for fun :D

Ummm right now we have a core of 5 guys including myself and then a backup player. It's me, my cousin and 3 guys I know from JTV. 2 of which are streamers and one is just a cool mofo.

It's pretty exhilarating playing Gamebattles matches. I hadn't played one in over a year. Like, you play custom games and you take those seriously but when we played those GB matches, those were fucking intense. Really fun.

Here are the matches we played. I didn't do all that great but I fill more the support/objective role rather than the Slayer role.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=197223486&player=NYSTOFMIND23

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=197308591&player=NYSTOFMIND23

Best of 3, we won the first 2. I'm gonna upload them to my youtube tomorrow.

Ramirez said:
The game chugs in campaign quite frequently, you need new eyes. :lol

In a select few cutscenes it does here and there. But never during gameplay for me.

godhandiscen said:
It just means you cannot see it. You might want to check for other visual disabilities.

I'm primarily a PC gamer. I can easily notice drops in framerate. Halo 1(Xbox 360) has horrible framerate issues. KotOR II on the 360 has horrible issues. Halo 3, when there's something huge going on like the Scarabs exploding, had major issues. Reach very rarely has them for me. Only in cutscenes, and that one time during Firefight on Holdout.

NameGenerated said:
I don't want to sound like an ass, but unless you have some magical copy then I don't believe that.

A few people on GAF have said exactly the same thing as me.

godhandiscen

There are millions of whiny 5-year olds on Earth, and I AM THEIR KING.
Ajemsuhgao said:
A few people on GAF have said exactly the same thing as me.

I was one of those people defending the framerate in a newer machine... boy was I wrong.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
:lol Yes I will pay handsomely with awesome points. Right now you have 5 awesome points for the JTV banner. :lol But nah we'll take all the ones everyone makes and then have the team decide on it. I think that's best. There's no deadline or anything, it's just for fun :D

Ummm right now we have a core of 5 guys including myself and then a backup player. It's me, my cousin and 3 guys I know from JTV. 2 of which are streamers and one is just a cool mofo.

It's pretty exhilarating playing Gamebattles matches. I hadn't played one in over a year. Like, you play custom games and you take those seriously but when we played those GB matches, those were fucking intense. Really fun.

Here are the matches we played. I didn't do all that great but I fill more the support/objective role rather than the Slayer role.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=197223486&player=NYSTOFMIND23

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=197308591&player=NYSTOFMIND23

Best of 3, we won the first 2. I'm gonna upload them to my youtube tomorrow.
What's the conversion rate for awesome points into USD? Haha, j/k.

Can't make any promises, cause photoshop keeps crashing on me. But I'll try to see what I can do.

I just got 7484 cR for a single game of Gruntpocalypse. This is what happens when you hit the Shootin' and Lootin' Challenge at the same time as Gold Dome Inspector. :lol

Tashi

Plywood said:
What's the conversion rate for awesome points into USD? Haha, j/k.

Can't make any promises, cause photoshop keeps crashing on me. But I'll try to see what I can do.

Cool. Don't kill yourself over it though, another HaloGAFfer offered to give it a shot as well.

theultimo

2 campaign challenges and 2 easy 50 kill challenges? Not much cr for it though. Easy to get the achievement for all dailies if you haven't yet.

Dailies today:

Kill 50 enemies in firefight matchmaking - 500

Kill 50 enemies in multiplayer matchmaking - 500

Complete Winter Contengiency on Legendary without dying - 3000 cr

Kill 50 enemies with precision weapons in campaign - 500

Jinjo

Woah, just booted up the game and I'm a recruit again. I go check bungie.net and they still have me there as Major. Has anyone else had this happen to him? Is this a server issue or something? This will fix itself right?

Where there's smoke... 500 cR
Kill 50 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking

Fire when ready 500 cR
Kill 50 enemies in Multiplayer Matchmaking

It was the Winter 3000 cR
Complete the Winter Contingency on Legendary without dying

There are many like it 500 cR
Kill 50 enemies with precision weapons in the Campaign today

Easy, this will get me my last Achievement today. :D

(fuck, beaten by 5 minutes while typing this message)

Tashi

Looks like I'll only be getting 1 today. I got all of them yesterday though so that shit boosted me big time.

Gui_PT

Love Campaign challenges. I'm sure we'll get more once Campaign MatchMaking is out :D

Enjoyable challenges today

user_nat said:
Some secret to completing that level on legendary easily?

You can bypass about 80% of the level by rushing it with the vehicle.

Edit: Goddamn, I really should actually wake up before reading the challenges

theultimo

xxjuicesxx said:
Winter Contigency - kill grunts with AR keep pistol ammo, grab grunts plasma pistol. pp and pistol elites. winsauce.
Add DMR rape at the ends and you'll do fine. The biggest hitch is the sword elite and concussion elite at the end.

TheOddOne

Halo franchise roadmap includes new trilogies and film, transmedia campaign reveals
During a panel last night at the New York Comic Con, transmedia company Starlight Runner -- a business that helps plan cross-media campaigns for various properties, including Microsoft's Halo franchise -- gave a presentation on its work. Among the slides shown, company president and CEO Jeff Gomez previewed one that gave the audience a look at the future of Halo: two new trilogies starting in 2012/2013 with a major motion picture set for release by 2014.

Update: Microsoft representative Ryan James contacted Joystiq to say, "We worked with Starlight in the past, but the info isn't an accurate representation of our plans for the Halo franchise."

Starlight Runner have yet to issue any official comment on the news.
I think somebody gonna get fired.

Their website includes clients like Coca Cola, Mattel (Hot Wheels), Fox (Avatar), Hasbro (Transformers & Magic The Gatering), Walt Disney (Tron, POTC, POP) and Showtime (Dexter).

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
theultimo said:
Add DMR rape at the ends and you'll do fine. The biggest hitch is the sword elite and concussion elite at the end.

If you're careful the concussion elite won't aggro - he'll stay at the controls, if you lure the sword elite far enough away before killing him. The sword elite isn't a problem either - he's one PP + DMR combo just like the rest.

Anyone know if the second "holdout" section (after you land) can be skipped by just hiding inside the room? Or do you have to kill a certain # of them?

For me, the bulk of my 9 legendary deaths came from the first "holdout" section. Couldn't get an elite down without everything else in the area raping me.

It Was the Winter/There Are Many Like It down. Pretty standard imo, except right at the end the sword Elite didn't charge me, he threw a plasma and very nearly stuck me. For a second I thought he had, and groaned 'Fuuuu-', but then it exploded behind me somewhere. Never seen him do that before. He hung right back in the final room.

theultimo

GDJustin said:
Anyone know if the second "holdout" section (after you land) can be skipped by just hiding inside the room? Or do you have to kill a certain # of them?

For me, the bulk of my 9 legendary deaths came from the first "holdout" section. Couldn't get an elite down without everything else in the area raping me.
You have to kill the first wave, if I remember.

Also, I can attest the save and quit works again like the last challenge. Stupid Elites :\

Tashi0106 said:
Looks like I'll only be getting 1 today. I got all of them yesterday though so that shit boosted me big time.

I'm assuming that one is going to be the multiplayer. What exactly do you have against playing Campaign? :lol

EDIT: Living through Winter Contingency is extremely easy. You can skip all the parts right up until the fight before a Falcon comes, by running along the right side all the way to the trucks. Then just get in the truck, take the right path again, follow it all the way around, and you'll up at the left area. You can hide until the AI takes out all of the enemies, and the Falcon comes. After that, you just run straight into the area behind Kat, and sit there and wait. Really, the only fighting you absolutely have to do is the very last fight with the Elites.

OMG Aero

So today I got my first rating in the arena and it seems like I am as bad at Halo as I thought :(
9rKvC.jpg

If I keep playing arena can I increase my division or do I just increase my standing in iron?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom