• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

RetroMG

Neuromancer said:
Any clever ideas on how to take down the
brute with the fuel rod gun in the control room at the end of Exodus?
It takes me about 10 minutes from the last checkpoint to kill everyone on the map except him, then I get to that guy, and no matter what I do or how I approach him the fucker gets me every single time. I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks.

If you go around on the outside of the control room, there are planters that form a nice set of stairs up to the balcony where the control is. Clear out the area and hop up the stairs. Hit the control from the outside before he shoots you. That's how I did it.

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Neuromancer said:
Any clever ideas on how to take down the
brute with the fuel rod gun in the control room at the end of Exodus?
It takes me about 10 minutes from the last checkpoint to kill everyone on the map except him, then I get to that guy, and no matter what I do or how I approach him the fucker gets me every single time. I'm getting really frustrated. Thanks.

Immediately after activating the 2nd missile battery thing I jetpacked it in a B-line to the final room. Jetpacked into the room from the window and activated the switch. This ends the level and allows you to skip the final fight.

A died a few times from dropships shelling me, and a few more times when the final Brute in the room itself killed me before I could hit the switch. but it eventually worked, and saved me a major headache. Shielded, armored brutes are a cruel joke.

Hey You

When the Infection playlist launches, I'm assuming it will be similar to H3's Double Exp weekend and show up one weekend out of the month. It should stay in Rumble Pit but have a very,very low rating so it only shows up every couple of games.

That way, those who want to play Infection (like me) when the playlist isn't around can try their luck in Rumble Pit and those who dislike it showing up so much will only encounter it every few games or so.

Santiako said:
Use the active camo to run inside and press the button. That's what I did :lol. I managed to avoid the most difficult fights in legendary :lol
I think it's too late to grab camo at this point but I'll keep that in mind for the future.

GDJustin said:
Immediately after activating the 2nd missile battery thing I jetpacked it in a B-line to the final room. Jetpacked into the room from the window and activated the switch. This ends the level and allows you to skip the final fight.

A died a few times from dropships shelling me, and a few more times when the final Brute in the room itself killed me before I could hit the switch. but it eventually worked, and saved me a major headache. Shielded, armored brutes are a cruel joke.
Also I'm too late for this, my most recent checkpoint is after I blew up a wraith and I have a fuck ton of dudes to deal with.

GDJustin said:

Shafto the Authenticator said:
You can:

1) Grab the sniper rifle, which is positioned close to the Generator-thing you have to turn on, which is furthest from the starting point. (I.E. Across the foot-bridge, with the Wraith beneath it).

2) Skip it completely - grab jetpack, and just boost straight up to the room he's in and flip the switch.
Thanks I'll try these.

Gui_PT

Neuromancer said:
Oh OK, thanks again, I'll give that a shot, seems like the easiest way to go perhaps.

I always thought when you moved enemies could see you.

Is your hog still intact? What I did was, give a power weapon to a marine and have him sit at the front and I just drove up all the stairs. Either the marine kills him or it's a good distraction for you to go around and press the button.

Gui_PT said:
Is your hog still intact? What I did was, give a power weapon to a marine and have him sit at the front and I just drove up all the stairs. Either the marine kills him or it's a good distraction for you to go around and press the button.
That's a good idea, I'll throw that into the rotation when I try again tonight. I had to take a mental health break. =\

MrBig

Falagard said:
Yeah, I did too. That sword Elite at the end almost got me though.
I hope they keep doing these at least once a week, otherwise I would never get the perfectionist commendation.

I know from Warrant Officer 3 to Captain was a grind but I'm having a tough time progressing much in my trek from Captain 3 to Major. I need some easy challenges tomorrow, Bungie!

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Falagard said:
Yeah, I did too. That sword Elite at the end almost got me though.

what happens if you die? Right back to the start of the whole level? Wanna take a crack but I have about 1 hour... don't know if I want the disappointment.

J-Roderton

Neuromancer said:
I know from Warrant Officer 3 to Captain was a grind but I'm having a tough time progressing much in my trek from Captain 3 to Major. I need some easy challenges tomorrow, Bungie!

I'm right there with you. I didn't do any challenges yesterday at all.

If you're crouched, motionless, with active camo enabled shouldn't you be 100% invisible to enemies?

Because I still got wailed on by the Camo elites in Nightfall Legendary last night. They hesitated for about a second, but they'd still attack and kill me, even when I was motionless with full stealth.

Edit: Oh and congrats to me for making Captain :) No cheese and no grind. I just play this game for a spell just about every day.

RdN said:
I HATE how BTB is a quit fest.. :(

yeh i've been playing btb hoping for some big epic games, but the quitters pretty much ruin it every time, waiting for the game to find a new host 8 times in a game gets old pretty fast.

the suspensions aren't working... I suggest a healthy point penalty.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Neuromancer said:

Just got Major here. Finally the shiny wrist thing is mine!

mittelos

Neuromancer said:
Oh OK, thanks again, I'll give that a shot, seems like the easiest way to go perhaps.

I always thought when you moved enemies could see you.
End of Exodus was hell for me. I ended up taking everyone but the fuel rod brute out, and then used camo to sneak into the control room. Turns out that bastard was in there hiding/waiting for me and I thought I was toast, but I gave him a good working over with a hammer. I crouch-walked right up to him with camo and he never saw me.

was playing Team Slayer on SwordBase with Chocopolka, teh Letters and Hypertrooper

Made a comeback from 41-45 to win it 50-46. fuckyeah.jpg
ss-2010-10-10_17.23.28jidl.png

darthbob

jizzlobber said:
yeh i've been playing btb hoping for some big epic games, but the quitters pretty much ruin it every time, waiting for the game to find a new host 8 times in a game gets old pretty fast.

the suspensions aren't working... I suggest a healthy point penalty.

-100cR for every game quit.

Sai-kun

Banned
Cuban: That image makes it so much better. Graphs and stuff! That's awesome how your line just tops their at the very end. So cool.

Ramirez

Frankie, promise me that 343's Halo won't have reticule bloom, kthx. So tired of random gunplay every match, some matches you can spam and 5 shot, other matches you can take your time and the guy still won't die, latency+bloom=worst idea ever.

Mr. Sam

Just had an abysmal game of Sniperfight a few games ago. Betrayed two people - one with a panicked sniper shot and one with a sticky intended for an elite (he ran in the way as it travelled through the air, but I should have been careful). Was amazed I wasn't booted. The result of the new betrayal system? I did then have a couple of great games, however.

In other news, my friend is working on a pretty great Invasion map. I call it great - that's after having a hilarious game of 2 v 2 slayer on it.

Ramirez said:
Frankie, promise me that 343's Halo won't have reticule bloom, kthx. So tired of random gunplay every match, some matches you can spam and 5 shot, other matches you can take your time and the guy still won't die, latency+bloom=worst idea ever.
Do you do anything but complain?

They need to make the penalty for quitting more severe. Like, if someone intentionally quits, they can't play for an hour, or something.

Ramirez said:
I hope the following games have similar mechanics to this one. Bloom is a nice addition, I think.

Mr. Sam said:
Just had an abysmal game of Sniperfight a few games ago. Betrayed two people - one with a panicked sniper shot and one with a sticky intended for an elite (he ran in the way as it travelled through the air, but I should have been careful). Was amazed I wasn't booted. The result of the new betrayal system? I did then have a couple of great games, however.
Same here. I betrayed a teammate when my sniper round went straight through a Hunter's fleshy bits, from the side, and then straight through my teammate who was going CQC with the monster. Gotta be careful with that gun ;P

vhfive

Ramirez said:
and remove AA (you can keep sprint)

kisses vhfive

theultimo

I think -500 for 1 game quit, -1000 for 2, -2500 for 3, -5000 for 4, -10000 for 5, and -50000 for 6 within the same day would deter someone quitting.

theultimo said:
I think -500 for 1 game quit, -1000 for 2, -2500 for 3, -5000 for 4, -10000 for 5, and -50000 for 6 within the same day would deter someone quitting.

the first 3 should be free... then it's -500 and a 5 minute ban, then -1000 and a 10 minute ban, then 3000 and a 30 minute ban, then 6000 and 1hr ban.

Striker

re: Boneyard for BTB

For it to truly work, the red and blue team needs initial spawn changes. In part of this, the flag and bomb locations will be located somewhere that isn't in an open area. I despise these decisions for the BTB setup. In Invasion, I like where they set up the core, and the positioning of the territory for the second phase. I'm not sure why they can't put the flag or bomb areas, and initial spawnings, inside to actually give cover and also make the map more fluid. The blue team would be better off being spawned in the middle building, but the map wouldn't be set up properly for 2-flag. Still not a big issue since Paradiso and Hemorrhage are the 2-flag type maps in BTB. They can use Boneyard and Spire as the proper 1-flag/1-bomb maps for right now. It can work with adjusting spawns, weapon locales, and flag/bomb placement.

I'm just not sure if that's very high on their priorities.

Wow - I got all the daily challenges two days in a row! Winter Contingency was actually really easy to cheese through. I didn't realize how easy it was to run past 95% of that level until I tried. 3k easy credits.

And I just bought the Birthday Party effect. I now have everything I care about in the armory. :lol

Gui_PT

RdN said:
Yeah, should be at least 1k.. more, if you ask me.

It needs to be something severe. And since it seems like everyone is into credits, it is likely that a credit cut would have effect.

Maybe increase the credit cut as you quit more games. Or let's say you quit a game, next game you play, you earn no credits.

theultimo

divisionbyzorro said:
Wow - I got all the daily challenges two days in a row! Winter Contingency was actually really easy to cheese through. I didn't realize how easy it was to run past 95% of that level until I tried. 3k easy credits.

And I just bought the Birthday Party effect. I now have everything I care about in the armory. :lol
YAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY.

100k left to get my hearts.

theultimo

Neuromancer said:
Why exactly can't matchmaking put people into slots in on-going games when people quit? Lots of other games do this.
They didn't code it for drop in- drop out like MW 2. Also, it would screw up the stats if they implemented it.

2bwgw8.jpg

The full message:

"UwannaBfriends!????PUSSY!!??¿?¿?¡!?¿¡!¿&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&ÚsuckMYunoCARDScock$$$$$$so....................pussy................THATMAKESYOUGAYpussy18157573069call IF u GOT2 beef:{pussy}"

What the hell is this?

RdN

les papillons sexuels said:
the first 3 should be free... then it's -500 and a 5 minute ban, then -1000 and a 10 minute ban, then 3000 and a 30 minute ban, then 6000 and 1hr ban.

Yeah.. point is, something must be done to stop the quitting. Bungie's current measures obviously aren't enough, and they need to see this.

Self Induced said:
2bwgw8.jpg

The full message:

"UwannaBfriends!????PUSSY!!??¿?¿?¡!?¿¡!¿&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&ÚsuckMYunoCARDScock$$$$$$so....................pussy................THATMAKESYOUGAYpussy18157573069call IF u GOT2 beef:{pussy}"

What the hell is this?
I don't know but file a complaint, give that guy a day's vacation from Xbox Live. :lol

theultimo said:
They didn't code it for drop in- drop out like MW 2. Also, it would screw up the stats if they implemented it.
Bummer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom