• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Neuromancer said:
Why exactly can't matchmaking put people into slots in on-going games when people quit? Lots of other games do this.
If you joined a game and the team was down 42-20, would you stay? Would you remain in the game after getting a mid-game join if your team was down 2-0 in CTF? Things like this works fine for MW2 where it doesn't require great team work and OK for Bad Company 2 because the maps are so large and the gametypes give you points no matter what, but it wouldn't work in Halo.

Neuromancer said:
Why exactly can't matchmaking put people into slots in on-going games when people quit? Lots of other games do this.

I don't think anyone wants to be put into a losing battle. Seen people go into ongoing games in CoD4 and the game ends like 30 seconds after they join. Though, for Invasion, that might be a nice feature where every man counts.

feel

Cuban Legend said:
was playing Team Slayer on SwordBase with Chocopolka, teh Letters and Hypertrooper

Made a comeback from 41-45 to win it 50-46. fuckyeah.jpg
ss-2010-10-10_17.23.28jidl.png
Good games, sorry for the sudden quit (in lobby), had to move away from the console for a bit.

Striker said:
If you joined a game and the team was down 42-20, would you stay? Would you remain in the game after getting a mid-game join if your team was down 2-0 in CTF? Things like this works fine for MW2 where it doesn't require great team work and OK for Bad Company 2 because the maps are so large and the gametypes give you points no matter what, but it wouldn't work in Halo.
Well that's kind of an extreme scenario but yeah I see your point.

Magni

Cuban Legend said:
was playing Team Slayer on SwordBase with Chocopolka, teh Letters and Hypertrooper

Made a comeback from 41-45 to win it 50-46. fuckyeah.jpg
http://www.abload.de/img/ss-2010-10-10_17.23.28jidl.png[IMG][/QUOTE]

Those graphs are so good :D

Here's my comeback of the day, with some friends from Montpellier of various skill (one 50 MLG, one who doesn't have the console, and one in between), for the final five we asked the guest to hide a bit :lol

[IMG]http://imgur.com/MdDA8.png

edit: Fuck that challenge, the last enemy kills me after I stuck him twice. Fuck it I'm off to bed =(

Kandrick

GAF's Ed McMahon
Self Induced said:
The full message:

"UwannaBfriends!????PUSSY!!??¿?¿?¡!?¿¡!¿&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&&ÚsuckMYunoCARDScock$$$$$$so....................pussy................THATMAKESYOUGAYpussy18157573069call IF u GOT2 beef:{pussy}"

What the hell is this?

Halo Reach is the only game where i get weird messages from people, and i am not talking about hate/rage messages because SF4 had that covered.

Just weird messages like the one you got. Also a bunch of friend requests out of the blue and random messages like

Hmmm ok ? :lol

Grimm Fandango said:
Humble request: remove Armor Lock from Arena.

You sound like me after some guy lures me into wasting a whole clip of rockets on him. :lol

Although I will admit that facing an entire team of Armor Lock users sometimes feels like an insurmountable challenge.

Magni

divisionbyzorro said:
You sound like me after some guy lures me into wasting a whole clip of rockets on him. :lol

Although I will admit that facing an entire team of Armor Lock users sometimes feels like an insurmountable challenge.

Ideal Arena settings for me:

No Radar
DMR or DMR/Pistol starts
Only 1 Frag on spawn
One Rocket spawn maximum
No Jetpack/AL/Camo loadouts, these can each be on the map as a pickable AA, one max of each.

Having one AL on the map to fight over could change the maps quite a bit. Playing against a team of ALers just fucks up every game. Same for everyone Jetpacking or everyone Camoing.

edit: I hope the MLG Slayer variants will make it into the Arena as well once they get finalized.

Letters said:
Good games, sorry for the sudden quit (in lobby), had to move away from the console for a bit.
We were all stuck on black screen at the end of that last game for a good 4 minutes so we just figured you restarted your 360 lol. Its k bromango

Aggrotek

MagniHarvald said:

No Radar
DMR or DMR/Pistol starts
Only 1 Frag on spawn
One Rocket spawn maximum
No Jetpack/AL/Camo loadouts, these can each be on the map as a pickable AA, one max of each.

Having one AL on the map to fight over could change the maps quite a bit. Playing against a team of ALers just fucks up every game. Same for everyone Jetpacking or everyone Camoing.

edit: I hope the MLG Slayer variants will make it into the Arena as well once they get finalized.
Sounds interesting. I like the idea of the team controlling AL.

first 3 quits free?
nobody should have to quit out 3 times in a day unless they are doing it on purpose, no free quits... if someone visits or your net goes down you can make up 500 points in the next game so it's no big deal.
then keep doubling it after that, thrn bring on 24h bans.

point is bungie needs to get tough because the rest of us are the ones who suffer, almost every btb game is lopsided ffs!

Arena today: 1170, 1031, 1197, 1284, 886 (finally quit this one, couldn't stand it).

Placed in the bottom four five times. Uh, what do I have to do to get matched against easier opponents?

MagniHarvald said:

No Radar
DMR or DMR/Pistol starts
Only 1 Frag on spawn
One Rocket spawn maximum

To be honest, I would put that sort of gameplay in a separate Arena. The AAs are the biggest new feature in Reach and they're what set it apart from other shooters. Maybe they should just Arena-ify the MLG playlist when it comes out; that would probably satisfy a lot of the Arena complaints.

Mr. Sam

NullPointer said:
Same here. I betrayed a teammate when my sniper round went straight through a Hunter's fleshy bits, from the side, and then straight through my teammate who was going CQC with the monster. Gotta be careful with that gun ;P

Yep. Easier to betray with a sniper than you'd imagine.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
divisionbyzorro said:
To be honest, I would put that sort of gameplay in a separate Arena. The AAs are the biggest new feature in Reach and they're what set it apart from other shooters. Maybe they should just Arena-ify the MLG playlist when it comes out; that would probably satisfy a lot of the Arena complaints.

You mean make the MLG playlist an Arena playlist? Is that what you mean?

That wouldn't work before MLG has objective gametypes.

Also, the MLG gametypes have armor abilities. They're just pick ups on the maps. Some have Hologram and Jetpacks while others have Armor Lock. They work surprisingly well.

But yea, I would love to see Arena get a few MLG gametypes in there. I'm not sure it would happen though.

Tashi

Man that looks sexy!

I'm waiting on the Mark VI. It's gonna be a long time before I get it though.

Tashi0106 said:
You mean make the MLG playlist an Arena playlist? Is that what you mean?

That wouldn't work before MLG has objective gametypes.

You mean MLG doesn't build slayer variants? I actually don't know, or really care actually - I like the Arena mostly as it is now. I just figured that making the MLG playlist a separate arena (i.e., Team Arena, Doubles Arena, MLG Arena) would give a viable alternative to the people with arena complaints.

jizzlobber said:
first 3 quits free?
nobody should have to quit out 3 times in a day unless they are doing it on purpose, no free quits... if someone visits or your net goes down you can make up 500 points in the next game so it's no big deal.
then keep doubling it after that, thrn bring on 24h bans.

point is bungie needs to get tough because the rest of us are the ones who suffer, almost every btb game is lopsided ffs!

You should always get one free quit. Sometimes you just gotta leave; maybe your wife called because she has a flat tire. Maybe your kitchen caught on fire. There are all sorts of reasons why someone could have a legitimate quit reason as opposed to a rage quit. You shouldn't ever be punished for that, regardless of how easy the penalty is to earn back. That's just straight up wrong, and no game designer is ever going to punish people for those sorts of things.

After that, you can only implement your sort of quit penalty if that penalty has an exception if your teammates have quit. I shouldn't be punished for quitting a 4v2 match or a 6v3 invasion/BTB (in fact, it should probably give me the option to just forfeit and end the game with no penalty).

If you get those exceptions, I could agree with a heavier quit penalty including loss of credits.

Also, jizzlobber? Really? You went with that for your username? smh

ElRenoRaven

Tashi0106 said:
Man that looks sexy!

Yea. THe mark VI looks nice too but this being set before Halo 1 the Mark V just feels right.

Mr. Sam

I'm sad enough to think it matters if I share a helmet with another character in the game, so it's JFO for the forseeable future. Think the next thing I buy will be the wrist dock you get at Lt. Colonel... for 80,000 cR.

Tashi

divisionbyzorro said:
You mean MLG doesn't build slayer variants? I actually don't know, or really care actually - I like the Arena mostly as it is now. I just figured that making the MLG playlist a separate arena (i.e., Team Arena, Doubles Arena, MLG Arena) would give a viable alternative to the people with arena complaints.

No no no. MLG has Slayer gametypes as well. It needs its own playlist outside of Arena though so everyone can play both the MLG Slayer and Objective gametypes.

zumphry

Banned
"Noble Six, check that body.."

*plows into body with forklift*

Shame that I can't bring it with me, I'd love to go into the Sword Elite with ramming speed.

bobs99 ... said:
My friend is such a prick on Halo Reach, I dont condone this, but he spent the game pushing teammates off the map and stuff lol! :lol

:lol :lol

I was doing that to a few people during customs last night, and I love to do that in Invasion on Spire at the top of it.

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Tashi0106 said:
Man that looks sexy!

Considering how long it's taking for the first pointless level cap to be raised, you should be able to get Mark VI when Halo 4 comes out.

MrBig

PsychoRaven said:
Ah. All is now right in the world.
I'm a happy camper now. Everything else I can buy as I get credits. lol
I can't wait for my gold visor and Mark V shoulders.
It's too bad the Mk V chest sucks though. I'm sticking with Jun's.

Victrix

*beard*
You know, I generally enjoy Reach in just about any mode

But this game is grenade spam to the max

2 starting grenades, grenades all over the map, and grenades dropped on death = toss toss toss toss toss

theultimo

bobs99 ... said:
My friend is such a prick on Halo Reach, I dont condone this, but he spent the game pushing teammates off the map and stuff lol! :lol
I do that to some people when we are playing team objective. Capture a territory, not snipe people from 3957820570 meters out on Paradiso at your spawn. I just give them a little nudge farther into the lake and all is well.

Tashi

Domino Theory said:
Considering how long it's taking for the first pointless level cap to be raised, you should be able to get Mark VI when Halo 4 comes out.

Nahhh, I'm still a Captain grade 2. You guys are leveling up so fast. I would have more points but I'm playing a lot of custom games. Getting 60 credits per match instead of 600

I've tried everything everyone suggested on that last part of Exodus, so far nothing has worked real well. I guess I just suck. I think by the time I finish my time spent will probably be like 3 hours. Good job Bungie, if you set out to make me hate this game by the time I finished legendary solo, I think it's safe to say you accomplished your mission.

Edit: finally got it, using a combination of suggestions- sniped the fuel rod guy, then stealthed my way in with active camo. Jesus Christ that took forever. Thanks for all the suggestions.

MrBig

Tashi0106 said:

Nahhh, I'm still a Captain grade 2. You guys are leveling up so fast. I would have more points but I'm playing a lot of custom games. Getting 60 credits per match instead of 600
The higher your rank is the more you get for customs and forge. I'm getting 92 at Lt. Colonel.

Victrix said:
You know, I generally enjoy Reach in just about any mode

But this game is grenade spam to the max

2 starting grenades, grenades all over the map, and grenades dropped on death = toss toss toss toss toss

This would annoy me less if my grenades were the ones doing the killing. But that doesn't seem to happen much. :lol

Tashi

MrBig said:
The higher your rank is the more you get for customs and forge. I'm getting 92 at Lt. Colonel.

Oh that's cool. Do you get more and more for matchmaking as well?

divisionbyzorro said:

I think Armor Lock is kinda cool but it just lasts way too long. The time should be cut in half to speed things up. The gameplay just crawls when someone deploys it.

zumphry

Banned
Ugh, didn't play that much Firefight this weekend as I planned, so now I'm 14/50 for completed rounds. Yeah, totally gonna get that before I have to get off.

Merguson

Banned
ZayneH said:

Shame that I can't bring it with me, I'd love to go into the Sword Elite with ramming speed.

I was doing that to a few people during customs last night, and I love to do that in Invasion on Spire at the top of it.

There's a forklift right at the start.. after the cutscene

ZayneH said:

There's a forklight right in the beginning of that next section. Like..right in front of you. :lol

Magni

divisionbyzorro said:

Basically the way I see Arena being is:

Option 1 : Slayer Pro on Pro [Map1] (Default Option)
Option 2 : Slayer on [Map2]
Option 3 : MLG Slayer on MLG[Map3]

With Slayer Pro having most or all of the settings described in my post above, and Slayer being like it currently is, except without radar (without AL would be asking too much I fear :/).

Slayer Pro should be the default option in case of a tie, as it is the middle ground between the more casual Slayer and the more hardcore MLG Slayer.

Radar has no place in the Arena (just in case Bungie hadn't understood by now :lol).

Halo didn't need invincibility with a stupid ground punching animation to be set from other shooters.

zumphry

Banned
Merguson said:
There's a forklift right at the start.. after the cutscene
Ajemsuhgao said:
There's a forklight right in the beginning of that next section. Like..right in front of you. :lol
theultimo said:
Yup, once that cutscene ends and the RAGE METAL starts, look to your left.

Yeah, found that and proceeded to get it into the final room.

MagniHarvald said:
Basically the way I see Arena being is:

Option 1 : Slayer Pro on Pro [Map1] (Default Option)
Option 2 : Slayer on [Map2]
Option 3 : MLG Slayer on MLG[Map3]

With Slayer Pro having most or all of the settings described in my post above, and Slayer being like it currently is, except without radar (without AL would be asking too much I fear :/).

Slayer Pro should be the default option in case of a tie, as it is the middle ground between the more casual Slayer and the more hardcore MLG Slayer.

Radar has no place in the Arena (just in case Bungie hadn't understood by now :lol).

Halo didn't need invincibility with a stupid ground punching animation to be set from other shooters.

Ah, but you can't actually do that in the same playlist. How do you rank people who have potentially been playing fundamentally different game modes against each other?

Dug

Banned
Tashi0106 said:

I'm only an Warrant Officer Grade 3 :lol
:(

Magni

divisionbyzorro said:
Ah, but you can't actually do that in the same playlist. How do you rank people who have potentially been playing fundamentally different game modes against each other?

How does True Skill in any of the other playlists work?

But if there can only be ONE game type in the Arena, then AL Slayer has got to go. Sorry.

Victrix

*beard*
TacticalFox88 said:
I sometimes wonder what Bungie was thinking when they made Spire. What an awful map.

We played a match of this yesterday in BTB 1 flag, my friend and I hopped in the Falcon with him piloting, and he got two massive Wheelman Sprees :lol (I don't even know what the highest wheelman spree is called, but he got it)

After two matches of us completely destroying their whole team and hovering right over the battlefield, they finally figured out that maybe shooting us would be a good idea.

... we still only died one time.

But yeah, Spire... not so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom