• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
MagniHarvald said:
How does True Skill in any of the other playlists work?

But if there can only be ONE game type in the Arena, then AL Slayer has got to go. Sorry.

I'd say it matters more in the Arena. Hence my earlier suggestion of putting it in a separate Arena. Everybody wins.

Mr. Sam

TacticalFox88 said:
I sometimes wonder what Bungie was thinking when they made Spire. What an awful map.
I don't get the Spire hate. Stuff like Pinnacle or however you spell Hemmorage, sure. I'm yet to have a dull or frustrating match on Spire though. Well, except for that one game when my Invasion partner stood at the back of the map and repeatedly jumped on the spot.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
I can't wait for my gold visor and Mark V shoulders.
It's too bad the Mk V chest sucks though. I'm sticking with Jun's.

There are Mark V shoulders? I never actually saw that there were any. A chest too?

panda21

the problem i have with spire is if its something like slayer theres no focus to it, and its asymmetrical. you just get some people disappearing off up the spire, people driving around the bottom, but theres no clear meeting point of the two teams or any idea where the other team is when you spawn. that huge area at the back thats empty for most of every match doesnt help either.

theres been a few games where even though both teams were full, most of the time was spent just trying to find any people from the other team at all. fuck knows where they all go, its kind of weird but it seems like sometimes they all just disappear for a while. probably just camping on top of the spire or something.

its neat for invasion and the falcons are super fun but for some gametypes it can go kind of bad depending on how it plays out.

Tokubetsu

Mr. Sam said:
I don't get the Spire hate. Stuff like Pinnacle or however you spell Hemmorage, sure. I'm yet to have a dull or frustrating match on Spire though. Well, except for that one game when my Invasion partner stood at the back of the map and repeatedly jumped on the spot.

I like spire as well. Really, the only maps I actually groan and debate quitting out on if they get voted in are Hemorrage and Pinnacle.

ChrisD84

Shake Appeal said:
Arena today: 1170, 1031, 1197, 1284, 886 (finally quit this one, couldn't stand it).

Placed in the bottom four five times. Uh, what do I have to do to get matched against easier opponents?

Heh, i sometimes feel like that, especially after the games where you get matched against a bunch of guys that seem way above your skill level and they just stomp you into the ground :p

And i'm only in Iron (well i was in the 1st season anyway) :lol

Striker

TacticalFox88 said:
I sometimes wonder what Bungie was thinking when they made Spire. What an awful map.
Same decisions regarding Boneyard...
re: Boneyard for BTB

For it to truly work, the red and blue team needs initial spawn changes. In part of this, the flag and bomb locations will be located somewhere that isn't in an open area. I despise these decisions for the BTB setup. In Invasion, I like where they set up the core, and the positioning of the territory for the second phase. I'm not sure why they can't put the flag or bomb areas, and initial spawnings, inside to actually give cover and also make the map more fluid. The blue team would be better off being spawned in the middle building, but the map wouldn't be set up properly for 2-flag. Still not a big issue since Paradiso and Hemorrhage are the 2-flag type maps in BTB. They can use Boneyard and Spire as the proper 1-flag/1-bomb maps for right now. It can work with adjusting spawns, weapon locales, and flag/bomb placement.

I'm just not sure if that's very high on their priorities.
They can have a flag or bomb location inside or around the Spire. Why most of the map isn't being used is beyond me. They're not your typical BTB maps, but they can be more enjoyable by changing some things.

MrBig

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
K so Aggrotek was awesome enough to offer his amazing design services to help my team create a logo for Gamebattles. I kept my expectations in check because I wasn't paying for anything but he really blew me away. I wanted to share it here.

The team name is Campus Safety.

DEbgt.png

and he made a little avatar sized one for the Gamebattles page as well

F6ecW.png

Thanks a ton Aggrotek, I really appreciate it.

BadAss84 said:
Heh, i sometimes feel like that, especially after the games where you get matched against a bunch of guys that seem way above your skill level and they just stomp you into the ground :p

And i'm only in Iron (well i was in the 1st season anyway) :lol

I have the same amount of Steaktaculars in Arena as regular Competitive (6), and I've played twice as many Competitive games as Arena games! The matchmaking in Arena definitely feels like it's all over the place; I wonder if it gets better once you get placed in a division.

ElRenoRaven

MrBig said:
Shoulders unlock at brigadier I think. Carter has it on his right shoulder. Chest is unlocked from the start. It's called HP/Halo; I don't like it because the chest is gray and not colored.

Oh ok. I didn't think about the chest. I actually like it. The shoulders I hadn't seen anywhere but once you mentioned it I did a google search and sure enough. I can't wait for those bad boys.

panda21

Striker said:
Same decisions regarding Boneyard...

They can have a flag or bomb location inside or around the Spire. Why most of the map isn't being used is beyond me. They're not your typical BTB maps, but they can be more enjoyable by changing some things.

Yeah because of the initial spawn points there is a whole half of boneyard that almost never gets used. Maybe they should even put the spawns diagonally opposite each other.

I suppose it doesn't matter that it isn't used, but its kind of weird.

MrBig

panda21 said:
Yeah because of the initial spawn points there is a whole half of boneyard that almost never gets used. Maybe they should even put the spawns diagonally opposite each other.

I suppose it doesn't matter that it isn't used, but its kind of weird.
Theres always a warthog and ghost back there for me to steal, but otherwise theres no point. It should just be blocked off in btb.

Schmitty

The problem is with Spire is that there are no anti vehicle weapons anywhere. They need to put weapon pickups in logical places like the spire, not behind some rock by the shore.

So this happened in my last BTB slayer game on Hemo. Some guy on my team took it personally that I wouldn't be his Mongoose Bro and decided to bring the Mongoose over to grief me - while I stood on top of our base!

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6004373&player=DivisionByZorro

The clip is hilarious; definitely worth a download. (And if a kind soul feels like rendering it, I'll go ahead and warn that it's 1m 10s long, so it'll take two points.)

theultimo

divisionbyzorro said:
So this happened in my last BTB slayer game on Hemo. Some guy on my team took it personally that I wouldn't be his Mongoose Bro and decided to bring the Mongoose over to grief me - while I stood on top of our base!

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6004373&player=DivisionByZorro

The clip is hilarious; definitely worth a download. (And if a kind soul feels like rendering it, I'll go ahead and warn that it's 1m 10s long, so it'll take two points.)

I got plenty to spare :p 10 Mins for 720p FYI.

Schmitty said:
The problem is with Spire is that there are no anti vehicle weapons anywhere. They need to put weapon pickups in logical places like the spire, not behind some rock by the shore.

There's a rocket launcher directly underneath the spire.

Shake Appeal said:
Arena today: 1170, 1031, 1197, 1284, 886 (finally quit this one, couldn't stand it).

Placed in the bottom four five times. Uh, what do I have to do to get matched against easier opponents?

Well I'll say it. I hate this arena number system. The fact is I have 12 days off a month and rarely do I even have the time to get a team of people together to play TEAM slayer...Sure I get on during the weekday but its usually just to collect the biggest challenges and then its off to sleep before my next workday. Now you need TEN days to get ranked? Forget about it I kinda wanna have fun not stressing out over getting high daily numbers on my days off, plus I'm usually drinking.

So you play a few games here and there. The game probably thinks I'm like Iron, because I haven't pounded enough kids yet. This is apparent in my Doubles stats, last season I had a 7.3 k/d. Thats just me and Saist winning 2 doubles games. That was the truncated first season but then me and backflip won 4 more this season. So now I've lost none and won 6. I have absolutely nothing to show for that and I WONT. It will be next month before I know it and then I will start all over. If it were the numbers system I would now be maybe a 10...instead of probably a 1 or 4 it thinks I am....

This is probably what you are experiencing. You go up a certain bit, then you get matched against some kids who just haven't had time to rank properly in the arena.

This will probably happen every month.

theultimo said:
I got plenty to spare :p 10 Mins for 720p FYI.

'Preciate it.

I still can't imagine that he drove the mongoose up the base three times just to screw with me. I was laughing so hard the whole time too; I was in tears by the end of it. I wish I knew someone else in that game so I could see what happened after I got booted for the betrayal; I expect that I got teabagged repeatedly! :lol

MrBig

divisionbyzorro said:
'Preciate it.

I still can't imagine that he drove the mongoose up the base three times just to screw with me. I was laughing so hard the whole time too; I was in tears by the end of it. I wish I knew someone else in that game so I could see what happened after I got booted for the betrayal; I expect that I got teabagged repeatedly! :lol
Or worse, mongoose humped.

Toddler

So, last time I was here we were about 100 pages in the first thread (YOU DOODS POST A LOT!!!), and was wondering what is up with the "Haunted Pilot" perm.

Bungie exclusive, or obtainable by all?

Domino Theory

Crystal Dynamics
Toddler said:
So, last time I was here we were about 100 pages in the first thread (YOU DOODS POST A LOT!!!), and was wondering what is up with the "Haunted Pilot" perm.

Bungie exclusive, or obtainable by all?

Reach Reclaimer and purchase every single item in the Armory.

zam

And finally finished my solo legendary playthrough, 1000gs in Reach :D The Holdout area at the end of Pillar of Autumn was pretty annoying when I was out of DMR ammo, but then my friend who I was party-chatting with told me about the secret stash of DMRs and then it got a lot easier. PP + DMR took out the zealots afterwards easily

zam said:
And finally finished my solo legendary playthrough, 1000gs in Reach :D The Holdout area at the end of Pillar of Autumn was pretty annoying when I was out of DMR ammo, but then my friend who I was party-chatting with told me about the secret stash of DMRs and then it got a lot easier. PP + DMR took out the zealots afterwards easily

Where are those DMR's I never found them, and I think they would make doing that mission so much easier.

MrBig said:
I wouldn't be surprised if you got 5000+ cr for game completion in the higher ranks.

Yeah, but getting to this stage is the hard part. :lol Im hoping that we get some double exp weekends to help push us along aswell.

feel

Getting more cR per game as you rank up would be great. I'd love to get to final rank in about a year or two by just playing regularly, without grinding.

Tashi0106 said:
K so Aggrotek was awesome enough to offer his amazing design services to help my team create a logo for Gamebattles. I kept my expectations in check because I wasn't paying for anything but he really blew me away. I wanted to share it here.

The team name is Campus Safety.

DEbgt.png

and he made a little avatar sized one for the Gamebattles page as well

F6ecW.png

Thanks a ton Aggrotek, I really appreciate it.
Nice!

zam

bobs99 ... said:
Where are those DMR's I never found them, and I think they would make doing that mission so much easier.
Behind the main shed/building in the Holdout area where the sniper is. Melee the back wall made of corrugated metal on that building and an ammo box with DMRs and other stuff pops out.

Youtube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3MqPM7ynqFo

Really saved my ass cause I came into that area with a nerfle, used the sniper until it ran out of ammo, then the nerfle until it ran out, picked up the DMR with 30 shots on the ground by a fallen marine, and then the pistol from the ammo box inside the building and I still had like 2 waves of brutes to fight and trying to do it with an AR is pretty much impossible

zam

bobs99 ... said:
Yeah, but getting to this stage is the hard part. :lol Im hoping that we get some double exp weekends to help push us along aswell.
cR gains should be a lot higher at high levels like general, plus I suspect bungie is going to give more cR for challenges once the majority of the player base gets to the higher ranks, and double cR weekends in the future are almost a given. If you had to get 1 million credits at the rate you get them now it would take years

Ramirez

Dax01 said:
Do you do anything but complain?

Put me on ignore nerd, problem solved.

Shake Appeal said:
He's just picking up Eazy's slack.

God forbid I voice my wishes for the next game. I find it really hard to believe anyone finds the bloom mechanic enjoyable, I've heard people rage so hard over this game when I play with them, I know I'm not the only one that just finds it frustrating and unrewarding 90% of the time.

Grimm Fandango said:
Humble request: remove Armor Lock from Arena.

Dude, quit complaining.

Grimm Fandango said:
I think Armor Lock is kinda cool but it just lasts way too long. The time should be cut in half to speed things up. The gameplay just crawls when someone deploys it.

I agree. I think Armor Lock needs to be shorter, take longer to recharge, and not count towards recharging shields. Little is more obnoxious than someone armor locking with no shield, and coming back out of it with 'some' shields.

Ramirez

Armor Lock would be a lot better if once they locked, that was it, it's so lame that you can just lock and unlock 2-3 times per fight, makes the combat goofy.

MrBig

BlueScrote said:
I agree. I think Armor Lock needs to be shorter, take longer to recharge, and not count towards recharging shields. Little is more obnoxious than someone armor locking with no shield, and coming back out of it with 'some' shields.
Or it should at least not charge if people keep shooting you.

Ramirez said:
Frankie, promise me that 343's Halo won't have reticule bloom, kthx. So tired of random gunplay every match, some matches you can spam and 5 shot, other matches you can take your time and the guy still won't die, latency+bloom=worst idea ever.

The bloom idea could work, but it doesn't work with the way it's implemented. Spamming is too effective. That's why I prefer the needle rifle, which is the better gun on 110% damage.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
I don't get all the hate on Armor Lock. From the games I have played it's just as balanced as invisibility or the jetpack.

I personally love it and once you figure out the best ways to use it, it becomes a great weapon.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
Put me on ignore nerd, problem solved.
Don't forget which forum you're on, nerd, this is NeoGAF. ;|
Ramirez said:
God forbid I voice my wishes for the next game. I find it really hard to believe anyone finds the bloom mechanic enjoyable, I've heard people rage so hard over this game when I play with them, I know I'm not the only one that just finds it frustrating and unrewarding 90% of the time.
I'm not a fan of it either, I've said it before, that I wished they would have just changed the fire-rate of the guns. But hey the one plus side about it, is that it tries to get you be calm and patient.

Ramirez

KS Seven X said:
The bloom idea could work, but it doesn't work with the way it's implemented. Spamming is too effective. That's why I prefer the needle rifle, which is the better gun on 110% damage.

It sounds great on paper, and it might even work great in LAN, I haven't tried it, but in every game one side has a distinct advantage in the amount they can spam their gun and get away with it. I would much prefer a locked rate of fire for all of the weapons over this mechanic in future games.

But hey the one plus side about it, is that it tries to get you be calm and patient.

But that's the problem, the spammer will win 9/10 fights with the current way it works in game.

OMG Aero

BlueScrote said:
Armour lock already takes long enough to recharge, if it fully depletes it takes ages to get a usable chunk of it back, and the recharging shields is one of the main uses of armour lock. If someone's shield recharges during armor lock, then your shields have recharged as well so that isn't unbalanced.
It seems to me like everyone who complains about armour lock hasn't figured out that it is sometimes best to ignore or get away from someone using it. If you are fighting someone alone who has armour lock then you can kill them perfectly fine when they come out of armour lock, all you need to do is be intelligent and time your grenades to explode when they come out then quickly shoot them. If you are fighting someone who has armour lock and they have team mates nearby or whose team mates show up while they are locked down, then you need to weigh up the odds whether you should stick around to get a kill or whether you should get out of there so you don't die. I use armour lock a lot and I've noticed that a lot of people see it as a giant flashing SHOOT ME sign and will stick around just so they get a chance to kill me while my team mates are shooting at them or run up behind them for an assassination.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Ramirez said:
But that's the problem, the spammer will win 9/10 fights with the current way it works in game.
Up close, sure, it definitely can feel like a toss up at times. Mid-range and long-distance? Not so much.

Ramirez said:
It sounds great on paper, and it might even work great in LAN, I haven't tried it, but in every game one side has a distinct advantage in the amount they can spam their gun and get away with it. I would much prefer a locked rate of fire for all of the weapons over this mechanic in future games.
+1.
Bloom is fine for Campaign but it just leads to a ton of unnecessary frustration for me in MP. I am sure I will get more accustomed to it over time but at this point I think I would just rather have a standard ROF.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom