• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

USF

Sean said:
Even cheesier/easier way is to use the target locator trick on the start of Sword Base. You'll take out at least like 2 or 3 Elites each time, revert to last save, repeat.
Won't work and I have no idea why not :lol

Hazimov

I finished working on this piece on Sep. 22nd, after several iterations to polish and balance the map I hereby present to you my first creation using Forge 2.0, Panorama :)

A midsized map with a variety of open combat spaces as well as covered areas. Jet-packing is indescribably fun in this map variant!

Perfect for:

* Team Headhunters
* Team Oddball
* Team Slayer
* One flag CTF
* Territories
* Crazy King

w7eglf.jpg

Download from Bungie.net

If you like this content, please help spreading it by clicking on Facebook and Twitter sharing buttons in my website. :)

http://sindan.me/

USF

Sean said:
Worked fine here, got the 150 kills challenge too. Make sure you have the difficulty set on normal or higher.
Set on normal, killed the first elite at the start
then did that locator trick, elite kills were not counting
It only counted my first kill

Anyways got the challenge through nightfall

feel

Trasher said:
No way! Wow. Mind blown. Coulda sworn that was a dude.

Dammit. The Bulletproof video won't work on Youtube. :lol

Edit: Got it to work. Sorry La Roux for thinking you were a dude. :lol
How could you not see that that was a girl? :p

(thanks 7echnicolor, I had no clue on which gender tbh)

Hugbot

squidhands said:
Really? Is that for an avatar award or something? I don't remember seeing an achievement for jacking a vehicle while jetpacking.
Think he means the "Hijack a Banshee" one, for which a lot of people jetpacked in the Spire area. I'm not sure if you can hijack while actually holding down the jetpack gas or not, though.

Looking for GAFers who want to work on some of today's daily challenges together:

30 minutes from the time of this post, Gui_PT and I will be going into matchmaking soon while we work on some of the daily challenges for the day Home Field Advantage, Shootin' and Lootin'. If all goes well we'll drop into 4-player Firefight Matchmaking for Above the Law and even into 4-player co-op for Return of the Mack.

ss-2010-10-12_09.11.493yfd.png

Edit: If you see this post after we've started playing and are interested in joining and we still have room in the party then feel free to queue join us.

MrDaravon

God fucking damn it. I go into SWAT, get raped. I go into BTB, get raped. I just won my first game of the day in TS, but only because 3 of the 4 opponents were not playing, and the 4th quit fairly early on. What the fuck is going on here.

You are free to join us in our romp through matchmaking today if you like.

To Bungie:
Why can I only wear Kat's arm with the "Collar/Breacher [R]"chest?

I purchased her arm thinking it would be an individual armor piece.
gafsad-1.gif

it could fall under the left shoulder category. But I was just told that special pieces are usually tied to a chest piece. (like flaming helmet)... still, i feel kinda tricked.

Edit For anyone whose in my party right now. Did all of you go to black screen too? Mine is stuck in it completely frozen, wont even pull up the guide... any suggestions?

Falt

At work so I can't check it myself, just wondering about the "Return of the Mack" challenge, is it gimped or what? Seems tedious if dying means save/quit and then reload.

SailorDaravon said:
Well what category should it fall under then?

Right shoulder makes sense.

MrDaravon

Cuban Legend said:
it could fall under the left shoulder category. But I was just told that special pieces are usually tied to a chest piece. (like flaming helmet)... still, i feel kinda tricked.

Hmm. But then people would complain about losing the choice of shoulder pad there.

Unless you could have TWO robot arms, that would be awesome. DLC!

Gui_PT

Cuban Legend said:

Edit For anyone whose in my party right now. Did all of you go to black screen too? Mine is stuck in it completely frozen, wont even pull up the guide... any suggestions?

Unfortunately, we were in still in the game

Edit: I guess you should just turn it off

Louis Wu

Over at HBO, pete_the_duck tested the theory that you could get Return of the Mack on Lone Wolf (the after-the-credits level) - you can. Die, and you can restart the mission (no quitting), and the count continues to increment.

Might be the easiest place to do this...

Falt

Louis Wu said:
Over at HBO, pete_the_duck tested the theory that you could get Return of the Mack on Lone Wolf (the after-the-credits level) - you can. Die, and you can restart the mission (no quitting), and the count continues to increment.

Might be the easiest place to do this...

Sounds like a plan. Nice one.

For me the great indication of the quality of this game is how when I sit down to play, I still have trouble deciding if I want to do Firefight, competitive, Work on my legendary playthrough, or start my next forge map. I think I spend 2-3 minutes every time I sit down, staring at the main menu making my reverse sophies choice of how to spend my leisure hours.

GhaleonEB

electricpirate said:
For me the great indication of the quality of this game is how when I sit down to play, I still have trouble deciding if I want to do Firefight, competitive, Work on my legendary playthrough, or start my next forge map. I think I spend 2-3 minutes every time I sit down, staring at the main menu making my reverse sophies choice of how to spend my leisure hours.
I do the same. Tonight I want to continue my solo Legendary run, try for a couple daily challenges, and start sketching out my next Forge map. I still haven't really touched MP.

FINALLY hit Captain, and now I can see the Gold Visor and Mark V helmet.

However, I've got a long way to go before I can actually buy them...

Pete Rock

What's the offical word on Armor Lock? Do shields recharge irrelevant of taking any damage during the locking phase? I thought I read that any damage received during lock would stall the armor recharge, but I could be mistaken.

A group I'm part of on Bungie.net has a bit of a discussion going on the Armor Lock "spam" we've been seeing lately, and I'm sure any discrepancies in our interpretation of the balancing functions of the armor ability aren't helping things.

Basically we've been seeing people spam the AL on and off, gaining invulnerability before completing the animation and keeping it even after releasing and doing a melee attack or shooting a few rounds. My personal example was a buddy and I playing multiteam on the cage, I ran up to assist him right as he pops this guys shields, and he goes into AL. I put a few AR rounds in him under the assumption that it would negate his shield recharging. He instantly pops out of AL and goes for a melee on my buddy, at which point I backslap him - it does nothing. I should note that during his melee animation, he still retained the frosted effect, just like he did before he finished the "ground pound" animation. He melees my buddy again and kills him. I then have to put two full melees on him before he dies. Similarly, another member has an instance of a user spamming it to block 3 consecutive sword lunges, then the AL user turning around and meleeing him to death on top of that.

Are we simply confused about the intricacies of this AA, or is there something fundamentally broken with the latency and the window of invulnerability granted to users who quickly toggle it on and off?

Uh, is the "Return of the Mack" challenge broke or something?

I just loaded up Tip of the spear on Normal and somehow died near the start and the challenge got locked out.

Trickster

Okay, could someone please explain to me how the game decides whether two people meleeing each other, either does nothing (except damage of course), or blow both player away from each other.

This is really messing up my melee fights so far, I never know when I should be ready to shot or make another melee attack after the first melee. So sometimes I'll melee, only to hit air. Other times I'll shot once, get a bodyshot and get melee'd in the face.

D

Deleted member 1235

Unconfirmed Member
Pete Rock said:
Are we simply confused about the intricacies of this AA, or is there something fundamentally broken with the latency and the window of invulnerability granted to users who quickly toggle it on and off?

not sure, but popping it on and off really quick in close quarters can drop shields of the enemy then a quick melee will do them in.

perhaps you had a bit of lag issue on the melee? I doubt a guy with no shields and no armor lock active needed 2 melees to kill, with no shields it's ALWAYS one melee.

Okay, could someone please explain to me how the game decides whether two people meleeing each other, either does nothing (except damage of course), or blow both player away from each other.

This is really messing up my melee fights so far, I never know when I should be ready to shot or make another melee attack after the first melee. So sometimes I'll melee, only to hit air. Other times I'll shot once, get a bodyshot and get melee'd in the face.

read the bungie weekly updates. I think it's last week, melee is explained in detail. Basically if you melee at the same time with the same weapon you will both take the same damage. based on that you should make your following decision, if the shield popped and you can shoot him in the head real quick, do it as it should beat the melee.

not sure on the bounce, maybe a function of distance?

Shootin and lootin and Return of the Mack is probably quickest on the storm the beach level where dropships continually drop people in the back and front.

Anyways me n Self Induced were playing Team Doubles and we are dominating. I'm 13 and 0 two away from my perfection when the kid rage quits and sends me this:

Untitled-8.png

It was just as good as a perfection IMO. Still haven't lost a Doubles match. I now have two days! Maybe I can hit 10.

catfish said:
perhaps you had a bit of lag issue on the melee? I doubt a guy with no shields and no armor lock active needed 2 melees to kill, with no shields it's ALWAYS one melee.

I dunno I could swear I've beatdown people in SWAT and they still have life left. Unless SWAT mode switched some damage resistance on or something.

xxjuicesxx said:
I dunno I could swear I've beatdown people in SWAT and they still have life left. Unless SWAT mode switched some damage resistance on or something.

Yes. SWAT is different. It's not an insta-kill melee from the front (I believe a melee + body shot kills from the front, but I could be wrong). Melee is only an insta-kill from behind. This is to keep the emphasis on headshots rather than have the game be filled with mutually destructive punching.

Louis Wu

xxjuicesxx said:
Anyways me n Self Induced were playing Team Doubles and we are dominating. I'm 13 and 0 two away from my perfection when the kid rage quits and sends me this:

rage[IMG][/QUOTE]
I will never understand this. I mean, the anger, sure. I'd get pissed too if the score was 23-0. But calling the guy who beats you that bad a 'noob'? Seriously? You can't come up with a more relevant insult than that?

Holy crap.

Louis Wu said:
I will never understand this. I mean, the anger, sure. I'd get pissed too if the score was 23-0. But calling the guy who beats you that bad a 'noob'? Seriously? You can't come up with a more relevant insult than that?

Holy crap.
It was funny in Halo 2 when everyone constantly shouted "NOOB COMBO!!!!1" at you even when you weren't actually using the Noob Combo.

What's the easiest/fastest way to win Home Field Advantage for an average player like me? Something like Team Slayer where you have (all things being equal) a 50-50 chance of your team winning?

Neuromancer said:
What's the easiest/fastest way to win Home Field Advantage for an average player like me? Something like Team Slayer where you have (all things being equal) a 50-50 chance of your team winning?
Team Slayer is correct because

50% chance of winning
Less chance of quitters than in BTB

Cuban Legend said:

To Bungie:
Why can I only wear Kat's arm with the "Collar/Breacher [R]"chest?

I purchased her arm thinking it would be an individual armor piece.
gafsad-1.gif

Yeah I'd love to wear it with the Tactical/PARA chest (Jun's chest).. oh well.

I know this doesn't really help, but notice how the Collar/Breacher says "R" as in.. right arm? Maybe at a higher rank we'll be able to unlock a [L/R] variation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom