• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trickster said:
Okay, could someone please explain to me how the game decides whether two people meleeing each other, either does nothing (except damage of course), or blow both player away from each other.

This is really messing up my melee fights so far, I never know when I should be ready to shot or make another melee attack after the first melee. So sometimes I'll melee, only to hit air. Other times I'll shot once, get a bodyshot and get melee'd in the face.

I don't think there's any physical push, just more like the guy you are fighint decides to maybe back out, and he appears to jump a bit from the latency. Though if you have some films, I'd be curious to see this effect.

The more I play Hemorrhage, the more I dislike it. I played a CTF match with Dani, Gui, Cuban, LeadGandalf, and Neoism (why weren't any of you talking?), and the game was just a huge stalemate. Infantry is basically useless because of all the open space you have to cross in order to get to the other team's base. The red team was just camping with the shotgun most of the time in their base.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Dax01 said:
The more I play Hemorrhage, the more I dislike it. I played a CTF match with Dani, Gui, Cuban, LeadGandalf, and Neoism (why weren't any of you talking?), and the game was just a huge stalemate. Infantry is basically useless because of all the open space you have to cross in order to get to the other team's base. The red team was just camping with the shotgun most of the time in their base.
The team was talking a lot during that match - might be an issue on your end.

kaskade

I finished Pillar of Autumn on Legendary. I didn't think I would be able to do that. :lol Legendary is hard, but it's satisfying. I need to go through the earlier missions now. I figured I would do the hard stuff first.

Chorazin

kaskade said:
I finished Pillar of Autumn on Legendary. I didn't think I would be able to do that. :lol Legendary is hard, but it's satisfying. I need to go through the earlier missions now. I figured I would do the hard stuff first.

Overcharged plasma pistol + pistol/DMR = Easy Mode

KORPAH

Neo Member
kaskade said:

Exodus is a pain in the ass.

kaskade said:
Finished the campaign on solo legendary a while back and I have to say that it is incredibly satisfying. The Elites in Reach are superior to any other Halo game, even Halo 1. They dodge, roll and evade effectively, in addition to planting their foot squarely in your face if you get close enough. Every encounter with a group of them on legendary solo is beastly. That being said, my biggest difficulty on the last mission was trying to get past the Hunters with a shotgun, AR and low health. Took me an hour of chipping away at them, a little bit of backtracking for additional weapons, some clever usage of hologram, but in the end, it was completely worth it.

KORPAH

Neo Member
Chorazin said:
It wasn't that bad, just use the Needle Rifle and Needler as much as you can against the Brutes, since they 'splode real good after a few shots.

Obviously... until you run out of ammo :(

Mr Vociferous said:
Finished the campaign on solo legendary a while back and I have to say that it is incredibly satisfying. The Elites in Reach are superior to any other Halo game, even Halo 1. They dodge, roll and evade effectively, in addition to planting their foot squarely in your face if you get close enough. Every encounter with a group of them on legendary solo is beastly. That being said, my biggest difficulty on the last mission was trying to get past the Hunters with a shotgun, AR and low health. Took me an hour of chipping away at them, a little bit of backtracking for additional weapons, some clever usage of hologram, but in the end, it was completely worth it.

You know you can just run past them, shoot out the window and jump through for the next part. :D

Quit penalties in the Arena need to be really, really harsh. Friend and I just got donged on because the other half of our team quit thirty seconds in.

kaskade said:
The levels I thought were going to be the worst ended up being not that bad (PoA, New Alexandria); levels I figured were going to be all right ended up being the worst (particularly the end of Exodus). It's really uneven. Anyway good luck.

Chorazin

KORPAH said:
Obviously... until you run out of ammo :(

You know you can just run past them, shoot out the window and jump through for the next part. :D

Well yeah, but there are tons of DMRs around. I had to backtrack for health a lot, but other than that it was fine. Also, sneak around behind the first AA gun at the end and SNAG the Active Camo, sticky grenade the driver of the Wraith, then MAKE IT YOURS!

RE: Hunters - You can also keep the Splazer if you switch and come back for it.

Mr Vociferous said:
I was shocked the first time this happened to me. "did I just get kicked in the face?" I loved solo Legendary, even though it was such a pain in the ass to complete (screw you, invisible elite snipers!). Heroic seems so much easier now in comparison.

Asylum is so fucking broken unless Bungie decide to actually, you know, not let people camp up up there with sniper/shotgun and a handy wall to hide behind, and no easy way of grenading it.

If a good team gets control of the map for a second, they can own both bases and snipe the entirety of the map, covering each other if anyone tries to get at them.

Do you need a saved film to confirm this? Can I make a paid donation for soft kill zones? Who do I have to blow here?

Shake Appeal said:
Asylum is so fucking broken unless Bungie decide to actually, you know, not let people camp up up there with sniper/shotgun and a handy wall to hide behind, and no easy way of grenading it.
hey hey man, it's not like bungie can just go into forge and swap a few things around! they need to collect more data

squidhands said:
I was shocked the first time this happened to me. "did I just get kicked in the face?" I loved solo Legendary, even though it was such a pain in the ass to complete (screw you, invisible elite snipers!). Heroic seems so much easier now in comparison.

I'm pretty sure I got roundhoused by an Ultra once.

Thagomizer said:
I'm pretty sure I got roundhoused by an Ultra once.
It was a General that got me (the one with the triceratops helmet). I tried going for an assassination, but he spun around at the last minute and Bruce Leroy'd me in the face.

I think my experience of no-limit holdem is helping me cope with Arena swings. :lol

Today:
748 (both our teammates drop in the first thirty seconds, my friend and I get hunted all over Sword Base by a team of four invariably carrying shotgun, sword, and grenade launcher)
1473 (<3 u Countdown)
839 (teammate drops, enemy team camps top sniper at either end of Asylum for the entire match)
1344 (perfectly decent game on Boardwalk... except one of the opposing players is bananas with the sniper)
1547 (for once I light up Pinnacle, opening with a sniper spree)

Can't wait to see my Bronze badge!

Louis Wu

squidhands said:
Sniping the invisible elite snipers from across the map had to be one of the most satisfying acccomplishments of all. I felt like a GOD. :lol

Any speculation on what the forgeworld map(s) variants are that may be added to MM soon? Didn't we see warlock and lockout in some of the vidocs? I would like to see how those played, or also wouldn't mind seeing something new or different.

Btw, a while back I remember a mystery map was spotted in one of the updates in one of the file browser pics. Does anyone happen to have that picture saved?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Someone please help me. I can't communicate in anyway with people who are not on my friends list. They are muted in the parties, I can't unmute. I also can't send them a message or invite them to parties or anything like that. :lol

Louis Wu said:
Sniping the invisible elite snipers from across the map had to be one of the most satisfying acccomplishments of all. I felt like a GOD. :lol

Hey wu, hows the "Game Forged" contest going? Any ETA on when we'll get to see winners/ ratings on all the maps?

kaskade

Neuromancer said:
The levels I thought were going to be the worst ended up being not that bad (PoA, New Alexandria); levels I figured were going to be all right ended up being the worst (particularly the end of Exodus). It's really uneven. Anyway good luck.
I finished New Alexandria also, I thought that would have been bad but it really wasn't. I figured the hunters part would be a bitch but I just ran right past them(holding my breathe the whole time).

I'm haven't played online since I started my legendary playthrough so I'm hoping it helps my skills in that. I feel like I'm getting better.

Louis Wu said:
Totally. I love the death animation for all of the Covenant when they're sniped, it makes you feel like such a bad ass.

I've come to the conclusion that Campaign and Firefight are like watching The Wheel of Fortune. Good, enjoyable time and I come away feeling superior. Multiplayer, on the other hand, is like watching Jeopardy; start off okay, then quickly go downhill and end up feeling like an idiot. Damn you, Trebek!

Pete Rock

catfish said:
perhaps you had a bit of lag issue on the melee? I doubt a guy with no shields and no armor lock active needed 2 melees to kill, with no shields it's ALWAYS one melee.
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about, specifically this instance at 1:45. Instead of two dmr shots that don't register, imagine I'm in place for a sprint after the EMP, prepared to throw the beatdown assassination. Not only does it fail to register - but I then have to throw two melee attacks to kill him because his shields regenerated slightly during this period of invulnerability, while he was allowed to advance and melee my teammate.

Why did both of us see the same garbage if it's lag? Do they need host for this to be so catass? Either way I despise it.

S1kkZ

a friend of mine has a big problem with reach: he lost all of his progress in the campaign and some of his bought armor parts dont load up. he didnt cheat (he still has all his credits, rank and armor parts, the game just doesnt load them when selected). his online stats on bungie net are fine to me (shows all his progress, every campaign level played).

this is the second time this happend to him. is this a bug?

Pete Rock said:
This is the type of stuff I'm talking about, specifically this instance at 1:45. Instead of two dmr shots that don't register, imagine I'm in place for a sprint after the EMP, prepared to throw the beatdown assassination. Not only does it fail to register - but I then have to throw two melee attacks to kill him because his shields regenerated slightly during this period of invulnerability, while he was allowed to advance and melee my teammate.

Why did both of us see the same garbage if it's lag? Do they need host for this to be so catass? Either way I despise it.
Looks like lag to me.

Numpt3

Tashi0106 said:
Someone please help me. I can't communicate in anyway with people who are not on my friends list. They are muted in the parties, I can't unmute. I also can't send them a message or invite them to parties or anything like that. :lol

Go back to the dash and change your profiles voice settings to allow everyone, not just friends.

Pete Rock

Why did they design an AA that only works in LAN environments where pings range from ~3-12ms when a "green bar" game of Halo 3 is 150ms? Awful :lol

It really doesn't ruin the game for me, but it is something I find legitimately terrible relative to the other AA's that don't grant my enemies magical abilities when the host is absolute garbage.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
m0ngo said:
Go back to the dash and change your profiles voice settings to allow everyone, not just friends.

How weird. It was on Everyone. I changed it to friends and then back to everyone and now it's all good to go. Thanks!

Miggytronz

Tashi0106 said:

A few weeks ago i had a issue where, in the HALO REACH Audio settings it set everything to mute. Weird i know. check that first.

Pete Rock said:

See if you can recreate this in splitscreen, thus removing latency from the equation. I would actually be very interested to see some more detailed information around how long the invincibility frames of Armor Lock actually last.

Pete Rock said:
Why did they design an AA that only works in LAN environments where pings range from ~3-12ms when a "green bar" game of Halo 3 is 150ms? Awful :lol

It really doesn't ruin the game for me, but it is something I find legitimately terrible relative to the other AA's that don't grant my enemies magical abilities when the host is absolute garbage.
Which AA are you talking about?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom