• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just hopped on, and am up for any customs though I'll probably be mute as microphone doesn't seem to pick up my voice well. Anyone got any tips for a good but cheap clip on microphone?

Incredibly late but I just finished the campaign

Big time mark out for me when Cortana appeared at Sword Base.

Bungie really did an amazing job creating the atmosphere of this game. I never read the Fall of Reach but you really get the sense of the burden of fighting the battle despite certain defeat. Sitting through the credits was worth it too

MrBig

Found an odd glitch today. Have an assault rifle, crouch, and press start and it will start firing by itself and won't stop until you run out of ammo.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
I'm reaching my limit with this game (no pun intended).

Every game has quitters, and now when I hop on for some BTB a guy quits out right off the bat, then I get a frozen black screen.

wtf...

Hey You

MrBig said:
Found an odd glitch today. Have an assault rifle, crouch, and press start and it will start firing by itself and won't stop until you run out of ammo.
I found this glitch myself with the Needle Rifle.

Four_Chamber said:
Incredibly late but I just finished the campaign

Big time mark out for me when Cortana appeared at Sword Base.

Bungie really did an amazing job creating the atmosphere of this game. I never read the Fall of Reach but you really get the sense of the burden of fighting the battle despite certain defeat. Sitting through the credits was worth it too
Yeah they did a great job all around. The ending made me want to play Halo CE (never really played through it before, just bits and pieces.)

feel

Got my first perfection, thank you Mr. quitters

jpef48.jpg

GhaleonEB said:
Has anyone had a glitch where a map in Forge won't load up, but the game pulls up a different map by the same name?
Happens to me occasionally

zumphry

Banned
Hey You said:
I found this glitch myself with the Needle Rifle.

All automatic weapons, or ones with the ability to be automatic (Needler Rifle, Focus Rifle) do this. Really weird.

Oh wow, 12 out of 16 people in customs show up on my active roster. :lol

Monocle

Yay, I got to Lt. Colonel without spamming the airstrike thingie (Target Designator?)! ^_^ Too bad Bungie.net still hasn't updated my character model. It's stuck in female form from when I beat Legendary ages ago.

Just realized I made this account ages ago. Anyway I'd love to get more people on my xbox live playlist for fun customs, if that's cool with folks.

gt: i devolution i

GhaleonEB

Okay, Forge is doing some weird, weird stuff tonight. First the map overwrite issue I mentioned earlier. Now I went in to figure out why my Neutral Assault game type didn't work, even though my daughter and I played a full custom game using it.

Turns out, all the changes I made for Neutral Assault had disappeared - the objectives were gone. And I'd saved it twice to make sure they took, and they had to have taken because we played a game on it. Just did them again, and saved and then saved again under a new name so hopefully it takes. :lol

Edit: and thanks for the test. That went...interesting. Bagal, you are banned from touching the sniper rifle on my maps. 0_o

7echnicolor said:
What's Ghostbusters?? Can someone explain the gametype to me?
Zombie has Infinite Fuel Rod Gun, Invis and infinite Jetpack as well as a crazy jump. The survivors have Infinite Focus Rifle and Infinite Sprint. Madness ensues!

GhaleonEB said:
Edit: and thanks for the test. That went...interesting. Bagal, you are banned from touching the sniper rifle on my maps. 0_o
What happen? What has he done? I was there, but I noticed nothing funny with the sniper.

Dani killed me very mysterious. I should have a look on the replay.

watership

I have to take a break from playing. Although my connection is back, it's very laggy and the packet loss is probably ruining other players games. I'm out until this is fixed.

GhaleonEB

Hypertrooper said:
What happen? What has he done? I was there, but I noticed nothing funny with the sniper.
Dude headshot me with the sniper while I was at the apex of the central man cannon launch. It was filthy! And then tagged me like, five other times later on, for good measure. :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Bagel, you are banned from touching the sniper rifle on my maps. 0_o
I don't even use the sniper rifle. Never touched it once and I'm terrible with it. :D

Plywood said:
Sorry about punching you Bagel, it just go so tempting when I spawned by you.
It's cool, it's just that I had someone in the sights of my sni AR at the time. :(

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
DiabolicalBagel said:
I don't even use the sniper rifle. Never touched it once and I'm terrible with it.

It's cool, it's just that I had someone in the sights of my sni AR at the time. :(
Its weird, I was SHIT with the BR and Sniper rifle (which are damn important weapons in Halo 3 MP).
But I rape with the sniper and DMR especially now. Probably fuels my thoughts that Reach > H3 in every single way.

I feel from BR to DMR, there is significantly less bullshit in battles, yet I feel like the Sniper in Reach has 0.5x more autoaim.

Hey You

You guys know those Huge posters that were outside stores like Walmart promoting Halo Reach?

Well, my mom got me one from Walmart.

That thing is HUGE. It wouldn't fit if I layed it down from Wall to wall.

She was telling me about it and I assumed it was one of those small posters, but I didn't expect this.:lol

I don't know what to do with it.:D Too bad its so big or I'd try to get it signed. Probably could fit all the signatures from Bungie & MGS combined.

I hope Microsoft doesn't come wanting it back.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Devin Olsen said:
I didn't kick you...
Oh, sorry. Then I have no idea who it was, but someone kicked me. :[

I thought it was you, cause when I joined you were party leader.

But you guys switch party leader frequently, so I have no idea who it was.

SuperBonk

I know I'm late, but this week's update was everything I had hoped for in matchmaking and more. Should never have doubted you Bungie. :D

Had a lot of fun in customs tonight. Neutral bomb on Crossroads is pretty awesome, same goes for Yeti Bay and Atom.

Also, sorry about lagging out when we went into the big team playlist.

Fun customs tonight. Minesweeper and smashball were fun minigames to play.
For the maps enjoyed Yeti Bay but seemed like a lot of power weapons in play but that could be after getting sniped with splaser for the 10th or so time.
Just wondering what sort of mics people are using cause the one I've got doesn't seem to pick up my voice at all?

Smashball was awesome! Speaking of Smashball here is the last goal I made, done from the git-go. I love the reactions of Blue Team as the ball goes in.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6867164&player=Josef Redbeard

I really enjoyed Minsweeper as well and the maps Yeti Bay and Atom were really well put together. Yeti Bay needs some sprucing up, aside from the retooling of the man cannons (I couldn't make it all the way across the jump with the flag.) There needs to be some indication on red base as to where the deep water is. One of our dudes walked right into it thinking it was shallow water still. Aside from those I really loved it and hope it makes it into Matchmaking at some point.

Lazslo

TheStringTheory said:
HEY BUNGIE, HOW ABOUT RENAMING BIG TEAM SNIPERS TO BIG TEAM PUSSIES. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW EVERYONE ACTS IN BIG TEAM SNIPERS, LIKE A BIG PUSSY.
Oh Juniors-
Good games tonight, Laszlo Land was a success thanks for playing it battlebros.

chapel

Banned
Devolution said:
Just realized I made this account ages ago. Anyway I'd love to get more people on my xbox live playlist for fun customs, if that's cool with folks.

gt: i devolution i
I play with devo almost every day. She is good at the game, so she is a welcome addition to the community imo.

wwm0nkey

UltimaPooh said:
Smashball was awesome! Speaking of Smashball here is the last goal I made, done from the git-go. I love the reactions of Blue Team as the ball goes in.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6867164&player=Josef Redbeard

I really enjoyed Minsweeper as well and the maps Yeti Bay and Atom were really well put together. Yeti Bay needs some sprucing up, aside from the retooling of the man cannons (I couldn't make it all the way across the jump with the flag.) There needs to be some indication on red base as to where the deep water is. One of our dudes walked right into it thinking it was shallow water still. Aside from those I really loved it and hope it makes it into Matchmaking at some point.
That was a lucky ass shot lol. Like I said though what I love about Smash Ball is that its perfectly balanced even if the teams are not even.

chapel said:
I play with devo almost every day. She is good at the game, so she is a welcome addition to the community imo.

=)

After the flag games I had today I'm kind of worried about the respawn timer being changed to 10 seconds. 8 seconds already seems too long but ten? What the eff.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
TheStringTheory said:
HEY BUNGIE, HOW ABOUT RENAMING BIG TEAM SNIPERS TO BIG TEAM PUSSIES. BECAUSE THAT'S HOW EVERYONE ACTS IN BIG TEAM SNIPERS, LIKE A BIG PUSSY.

You should get tested, you might have herpes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom