• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
Ugh not worth it. Glad I got to Lieutenant legitimately already, the daily challenges are starting to run out of steam.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm going to try and get online for customs tonight, I got in once and it was great fun. What are the chances us EuroGAFers could set up a EuroCustoms game at a more reasonable hour though? Playing with Americans is fun but I'm usually worse the wear at that time, and I know there are a few of us about. How do you guys feel about the idea?

Trasher

Alienshogun said:
I would think if Bungie is saying "ok time for handholding is over" then it's ok for it to end here too.
That's not until Tuesday though! Or did the screenshots and stuff go unclassified when the co-op playlist went live? I can't remember now.

If Bungie told you to jump off a cliff would you do that to? :p

Lunchbox

Banned
Mooreberg said:
Ugh not worth it. Glad I got to Lieutenant legitimately already, the daily challenges are starting to run out of steam.

i said todays challenges were crap and got screamed at, now look who is right.

campaign challenges were fine during the 2-3 weeks after launch. but now every challenge should be multiplayer, firefight, or get # kills etc based. everyones done with campaign, i cant find anyone who wants go through oni and matchmakings full of dipshits

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Trasher said:
That's not until Tuesday though! Or did the screenshots and stuff go unclassified when the co-op playlist went live? I can't remember now.

If Bungie told you to jump off a cliff would you do that to? :p

I wouldn't equate Bungie saying "you're on your own" spoiler wise, to a command to jump off a cliff. They added coop campaign, they are taking down the spoiler screens, I think a long enough gap has been established not to worry about story spoilers at this point.

On another note, just played BTB one flag and 50% of the game quit, this shit is getting out of hand, and completely frustrating.

I may end up playing this only with friends, or only during halogaf customs. I find myself more irritated/frustrated with halo lately, than having fun.

Mooreberg said:

Yeah, I've more or less stopped caring about those too.

afsalhfsa ffs

The xbox life infrastructure is mind boggling... Let me have my old GT back!

Devin Olsen (GT) Expired four or five years ago, and since it was a 'version one GT' it is now lost forever and ever.

Bah I figured they would eventually purge all of the old GT's that were no longer being used, but I guess not.

Gui_PT

Kuroyume said:
Does campaign co-op have friendly fire?

Yes it does.

Edit: Beaten.

Btw, this happened today while trying to get today's campaign challenge. That elite Be haxxin'! If anyone could render it, I'd really appreciate it. If not, give it a lil' old download and check it out.

Deware80

Banned
Loving campaign co-op right now, well at least when I have one or two players who dont quit on me :lol Feels like firefight with objectives/storylines.

Speaking of firefight, I think they need to add Legendary difficulty to matchmaking somehow. Make it happen Bungie!

Alucrid

Banned
Lunchbox said:
i said todays challenges were crap and got screamed at, now look who is right.

campaign challenges were fine during the 2-3 weeks after launch. but now every challenge should be multiplayer, firefight, or get # kills etc based. everyones done with campaign, i cant find anyone who wants go through oni and matchmakings full of dipshits

Yeah, they're pretty bad.

Gui_PT said:
Yes it does.

Edit: Beaten.

Btw, this happened today while trying to get today's campaign challenge. That elite Be haxxin'! If anyone could render it, I'd really appreciate it. If not, give it a lil' old download and check it out.
Rendered.

Edit.: Wait a sec. Somebody rendered it already. Now I lost a render minute for nothing. Btw. Ban the ai from the campaign because they uses hacks! :lol

zumphry

Banned
Gui_PT said:

Heh. Love the little pause the Elite has after being launched. Almost like it was actually controlled by a player. :lol

(get on so you can carry me for the challenge, while I boost you into the icy sea below)

Gui_PT

Hypertrooper said:
Rendered.

Edit.: Wait a sec. Somebody rendered it already. Now I lost a render minute for nothing. Btw. Ban the ai from the campaign because they uses hacks! :lol

Thanks to whoever rendered it!

I just noticed how surprised that elite looks after landing :lol

ZayneH said:
Heh. Love the little pause the Elite has after being launched. Almost like it was actually controlled by a player. :lol

(get on so you can carry me for the challenge, while I boost you into the icy sea below)

I'll get on in a few <3

Chorazin

Man, I am getting sick of never being able to play what modes I want to play in Matchmaking. And I'm sick to death of infection/safe haven but at least that's begin delt with Tuesday.

Jedeye Sniv said:
I'm going to try and get online for customs tonight, I got in once and it was great fun. What are the chances us EuroGAFers could set up a EuroCustoms game at a more reasonable hour though? Playing with Americans is fun but I'm usually worse the wear at that time, and I know there are a few of us about. How do you guys feel about the idea?

This.

I think Fridays would be awesome. Who controls the EuroGAF gamertag?

Chorazin said:
Man, I am getting sick of never being able to play what modes I want to play in Matchmaking. And I'm sick to death of infection/safe haven but at least that's begin delt with Tuesday.

I think the second update rounds out the matchmaking playlists very nicely. The only thing missing is an AR starts playlist, but I guess you could just roll with Multi-Team.

P.S.

Long live Actionsack

Scarecrow

why can't I watch users' rendered videos on bungie's site? The player pops up and loads the clip, but pressing play (or any button for that matter) doesn't do anything.

MrBig

Scarecrow said:
why can't I watch users' rendered videos on bungie's site? The player pops up and loads the clip, but pressing play (or any button for that matter) doesn't do anything.
This happened to me and I was never able to fix it by reinstalling firefox or silverlight. I started formatting every 6 months or so and I stopped getting problems like that.

My ctf map map is finished enough to play on, so to whoever is leading customs, can I get at least one run through it?

zumphry

Banned
Ok, next time a No Die on Legendary challenge pops up, I'm "accidentally" killing all of the Troopers and somehow making it so that a Noble member doesn't follow me around.

If I have a Rocket Launcher, don't walk in front of me and don't stand in front of me.

MrBig

ZayneH said:
Ok, next time a No Die on Legendary challenge pops up, I'm "accidentally" killing all of the Troopers and somehow making it so that a Noble member doesn't follow me around.

If I have a Rocket Launcher, don't walk in front of me and don't stand in front of me.
Yep, they're worse than worthless. They steal your hog when trying to shoot and generally are just terrible. I think Halo 1 actually had the best friendly ai.

Kapura

Banned
MrBig said:
Yep, they're worse than worthless. They steal your hog when trying to shoot and generally are just terrible. I think Halo 1 actually had the best friendly ai.
Rose-Colored-Glasses.jpg

No halo game had the best friendly AI. Halo CE's infantry died at the drop of a hat and were essentially worthless in a firefight. With driving, Halo Reach is by far the best when you have AI on the gun or behind the wheel. CE didn't have extended run-and-gun sections with the warthog. If memory serves, the only sections with warthogs as a main feature were the second level (and you get out every time you're doing significant fighting), the ice level (and that's only until you get the tank), and the last level (in which you are just trying to survive). I never once felt that the AI ever assisted me in any of my playthroughs of Combat Evolved save the times that dudes sat on the sides of my tank.

MrBig

Kapura said:
No halo game had the best friendly AI. Halo CE's infantry died at the drop of a hat and were essentially worthless in a firefight. With driving, Halo Reach is by far the best when you have AI on the gun or behind the wheel. CE didn't have extended run-and-gun sections with the warthog. If memory serves, the only sections with warthogs as a main feature were the second level (and you get out every time you're doing significant fighting), the ice level (and that's only until you get the tank), and the last level (in which you are just trying to survive). I never once felt that the AI ever assisted me in any of my playthroughs of Combat Evolved save the times that dudes sat on the sides of my tank.
Maybe that's why I think Halo 1 has the best friendly ai then, you don't have to use them for anything in solo.

Kuroyume

Banned
PsychoRaven said:
yup and booting.

Tempted to say it's an incredibly stupid thing to have considering what they're going to do with Firefight, but I guess it would make the campaign too easy. I hope at the least they modified the damage you could do to teammates... Assuming that's possible.

ElRenoRaven

riceandbeans said:
Good to know Matchmaking co-op with randoms is going to be fucked up as well :lol

Oh it is. I think it took me like 5 million and 12 tries to get the oni sword base done because teammates would quit the second they died or betray everyone or if you were really really lucky they would betray everyone then quit.

Mooreberg

is sharpening a shovel and digging a ditch
PsychoRaven said:
Oh it is. I think it took me like 5 million and 12 tries to get the oni sword base done because teammates would quit the second they died or betray everyone or if you were really really lucky they would betray everyone then quit.

So it's basically like the Team Objective playlist but with enemy AI thrown in. :lol

Hey You

Never again am I playing Campaign MM. I go in and they vote Legendary. One lags out before the game begins, another a few minutes later and half way throw another one drops out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom