• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sushen

Controller setup should be standardized. Played MW2 in a while, and several times when I meant to melee, I pressed RB, and of course, I lost the face offs. Probably, I would look like an idiot who tried to throw granade when I was supposed to melee. Oh well...

theultimo

Sushen said:
Controller setup should be standardized. Played MW2 in a while, and several times when I meant to melee, I pressed RB, and of course, I lost the face offs. Probably, I would look like an idiot who tried to throw granade when I was supposed to melee. Oh well...
But it is standardized.....to Halo players.

Sushen said:

So use Bumper Jumper for Button Layout then.

NameGenerated said:
Why are the quitters always on my team?

The best is when you know for a fact they voted for an awful gametype (based on numbers) and then they quit on you. So they basically pigeonholed you into something you didn't even want to play and they don't even have the decency to see it through.

GhaleonEB

I spent a big chunk of my evening trying to make headway on New Alexandria, and I'm getting checkpoints every 2-3 encounters, a good 10-15 minutes apart. I just had a very, VERY long fight with a fuel rod Chieftain, the one way up on a high perch. I finally get through him, after well over a dozen deaths. And then I clear out the walkways after that, and begin the encounter with the huge Brute pack inside, only to die. Never got a checkpoint, I'm back before the Chieftain.

Thoroughly frustrating.

I think Reach will be the second Halo game I only play through on Legendary solo once, the first being Halo 2. Some levels are better than others, but overall I think Halo 2 was a less frustrating experience, and the checkpoints are a big part of the reason why.

UltimaPooh said:
Smashball was awesome! Speaking of Smashball here is the last goal I made, done from the git-go. I love the reactions of Blue Team as the ball goes in.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6867164&player=Josef Redbeard

I really enjoyed Minsweeper as well and the maps Yeti Bay and Atom were really well put together. Yeti Bay needs some sprucing up, aside from the retooling of the man cannons (I couldn't make it all the way across the jump with the flag.) There needs to be some indication on red base as to where the deep water is. One of our dudes walked right into it thinking it was shallow water still. Aside from those I really loved it and hope it makes it into Matchmaking at some point.

Thanks for the feedback!

I fixed the Mancannon issue, and I'm thinking of what I can do to prevent people from accidentally falling into the deep end. :lol

Before, I tried to give some indicators to prevent people from walking in. There are rocks in front of the Red Base at either side of the ramp that separate the shallow from the deep, and to the right of the Red base are Columns I had placed to let players know that beyond that point isn't safe. I am thinking about moving the Grid that is closest to Red more towards the wall behind the base. Grids are huge, so I'm sure it will still cover all I need it to. And then I can move the other Grid in as well and it should still cover all that needs to be covered.

Anyway, I was really surprised at the reaction to my map. It's nice that some people actually want it in Matchmaking. That's just enough for me to submit it into the Forgetacular contest.

Oh, and I know why you couldn't cap the Flag, Ghaleon. The settings in Multi-Flag CTF are set to prevent you from capping the Flag while our Flag is away. ;)

Sai-kun

Banned
I love how meleeing with the prosthetic arm shows Kat's regular shoulder armor/Oonsk instead of whatever you're wearing. Such a great oversight. :lol

Insaniac

theultimo said:
I had one of the best rounds I have ever had:

Someone asked me to get the flag, well, this is what happened. Double kill AL:
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6875389&player=theultimos

And on defense, Warthogs inside help a lot :p
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6884135&player=theultimos

I love this game sometimes.

putting the warthog on the flag in hemmorhage is such BS. They need to adjust the priority of the "pick up flag" versus "pick up weapon" or "get in vehicle"

feel

GhaleonEB said:
I spent a big chunk of my evening trying to make headway on New Alexandria, and I'm getting checkpoints every 2-3 encounters, a good 10-15 minutes apart. I just had a very, VERY long fight with a fuel rod Chieftain, the one way up on a high perch. I finally get through him, after well over a dozen deaths. And then I clear out the walkways after that, and begin the encounter with the huge Brute pack inside, only to die. Never got a checkpoint, I'm back before the Chieftain.

Thoroughly frustrating.

I think Reach will be the second Halo game I only play through on Legendary solo once, the first being Halo 2. Some levels are better than others, but overall I think Halo 2 was a less frustrating experience, and the checkpoints are a big part of the reason why.
Just cleared that level on legendary solo, got a checkpoint after killing the frg chieftain, then another after killing a couple of frg grunts on the walkway, then another after killing the brutes on the balcony overlooking the walkway before I entered the building. This game is weird with the checkpoints, sometimes you get them way too often, even in the middle of a fight, and sometimes you go through a very long group of fights before getting one.

Overall I'm finding this campaign tons of fun on Legendary though, but maybe a bit too easy (with the exception of a cheap section here and there).

Female Noble Six is my favorite, she's awesome, and the constant booty shots become very enjoyable instead of awkward. xD Using a Silver colored armor with pink details, that looks great.

This is only my second playthrough, and I'm even more impressed by everything. The visuals and art are incredible, I'm finding so many tiny little details and touches that blow my mind. Massive work went into this thing, and most of it will be overlooked (but not by me!! I will stop and stare at rocks, puddles, screws or stains.. and every beautiful texture, and how the lighting reflects off it).

GhaleonEB

It's the little things. I mean, I liked the first, loved the second and didn't like the third mission at all on Legendary. The next two were pretty good. But I hated, hated, hated Exodus. On Legendary - I loved it on Heroic. But it had more to do with little things than the mission itself, which is well constructed.

I died nearly eighty times this mission, over the course of a couple hours, and spent 45 minutes on the section of the level the Beachhead Firefight mission is set. While there I died over 30 times, 20 of which were to Wraith mortars. I have some pics and an epic rant coming on Wraith AI in the morning.

Another reason it was frustrating: my brilliant AI buddies. I mean, if the President's daughter were kidnapped, I would not send in these guys. I'm engaged in this fierce, chaotic firefight against a huge squad of Brutes and other Covenant, and they're looking for someone's lost contact lens or something. Note my epic pasting at the end there.

But to be fair, the Covenant realized they were useless and ignored them, only pausing to swat them out of the way.

Edit: you know, on watching that clip a second time, maybe they're actually pretty smart. The one guy to use his AR gets a hammer to the face. And when I get pasted, the last two turn around and run away. :lol

Van Owen

Banned
Heh, the two brutes in that section are a bitch. I killed one, and got the other one distracted while I ran around to flip the switch and end the level.

Wraith's never gave me too much trouble on legendary. Just have to take out the turret enemy with a DMR and then plasma overload + sprint run up and destroy.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys remember that Last Resort remake we played yesterday?

Yeah......much better

2n9jij5.jpg

Sordid

I know the netcode is much improved over Halo 3 but matching me in the UK against a team of 4 from South Africa still doesn't work :lol unsurprisingly my 3 European comrades quit out early doors and I was stuck solo.

This is the game here. The sad thing is I might have won if I wasn't half a second behind the action :*(

theultimo

bobs99 ... said:
Bungie posted a video of Atom, one of the user created maps thats going to make it into matchmaking:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czi_Yp-myzY&channel=bungie

It looks really well forged, and quite nice aesthetically. Im interested to see how it plays - im worried theres a few too many chokepoints, and not enough ways to sneak behind the enemy, but I guess well see soon enough.
Looks like an Awesome SWAT map though.

Since no one has posted the dailies, here you go:

750cR
More than a Handful
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1000cR
Pass the Rock
Earn 20 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

4000cR
Mostly at Night
Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying.

700cR
Textbook001
Kill 25 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal.

Raide

bobs99 ... said:
Bungie posted a video of Atom, one of the user created maps thats going to make it into matchmaking:

It looks really well forged, and quite nice aesthetically. Im interested to see how it plays - im worried theres a few too many chokepoints, and not enough ways to sneak behind the enemy, but I guess well see soon enough.

Hrmm...I really don't like maps that have man-cannons in that hurt you when you use them. Really should have sorted the texture flicker before adding this to MM. Will be interesting to see how it plays with al the AA's etc.

wwm0nkey

bobs99 ... said:

You can download Atom now, they put the DL link in the Weekly Update. We played it last night in customs.

Had a game on atom in customs today. My only real thought on it was that the rocket launcher will probably be overpowered as it is such a small map and it comes with 4 extra rockets. Took the man cannon next to the rocket spawn and racked up an easy triple kill so possibly in my mind will be OP on that map.

zumphry

Banned
theultimo said:
Complete Nightfall
on
Legendary
without
dying

you know what fuck this shit man

i dont need the credits, im not a addict fuck this

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

[Gui, we're kicking this level's ass, I'm afraid of the last bit, so hold my hand during that]

Disguises

Insaniac said:
putting the warthog on the flag in hemmorhage is such BS. They need to adjust the priority of the "pick up flag" versus "pick up weapon" or "get in vehicle"
Yeah, it's annoying when you need to cool the plasma rifle down by holding X and you pick up an assault rifle with no bullets in it's clip. THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANTED TO DO.

Also, not sure if anyone else has noticed, but when you activate sprint (not sure if this is the same with all abilities) then bring up the scoreboard, it cancels the sprint but still drains your stamina bar. This is also quite annoying.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:

Thoroughly frustrating.

You said you had a lot of duplicates, maybe that is the problem. I have only 2 copies of my maps (always with different names) at any time and I've never experienced any of the problems your are having.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
theultimo said:
Looks like an Awesome SWAT map though.

Since no one has posted the dailies, here you go:

750cR
More than a Handful
Kill 77 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1000cR
Pass the Rock
Earn 20 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

4000cR
Mostly at Night
Complete Nightfall on Legendary without dying.

700cR
Textbook001
Kill 25 enemies with Sniper Rifle headshots in Nightfall on Normal.

Godamn. I wanted to get some good time in with Campaign matchmaking but it looks like we're going to get the same tunnel of dicks as yesterday only this time on a much harder map. In one way it's entertaining to be exposed to these giant idiots but in another is really fucking annoying :lol

If you guy aren't bothered about doing it legit you can just get a guest and take him through the level.

More assist challenges? Ergh, I think I have about 6 assists in MM. I think they were using this week to get everyone that achievement for doing the dailies. They must have forgot about the assists though. :lol

Willeth

m0ngo said:
Also why does 'pass the rock' fail when you get killed in multiplayer? :lol
This needs to get fixed. The challenge is next to impossible right now.

ZayneH said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

[Gui, we're kicking this level's ass, I'm afraid of the last bit, so hold my hand during that]
Use the forklift to hop through the door in the bomb-arming area. Sprint to victory!

wwm0nkey

MarshMellow96 said:
If you guy aren't bothered about doing it legit you can just get a guest and take him through the level.

More assist challenges? Ergh, I think I have about 6 assists in MM. I think they were using this week to get everyone that achievement for doing the dailies. They must have forgot about the assists though. :lol
Or you could just do it till the very last check point by yourself, Save and quit, and just live through the last part.

D

Deleted member 13876

Unconfirmed Member
Sordid said:
I know the netcode is much improved over Halo 3 but matching me in the UK against a team of 4 from South Africa still doesn't work :lol unsurprisingly my 3 European comrades quit out early doors and I was stuck solo.

This is the game here. The sad thing is I might have won if I wasn't half a second behind the action :*(

You played the entire Halo community of South Africa? Cool.

Gui_PT

ZayneH said:

fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck

It's ok bromango. We'll kick them AI ass.

MrBig

Found one of the BOBs while playing nightfall on legendary. He's on top of one of the building when you get to the firefight area, I sniped him before I got close but I'd assume he would dissapear if you go to far in. I've found most of them by myself now.

TheOddOne

bobs99 ... said:

Looks great, but there is something off about this map. Can't put my finger on it.

MrBig said:
Found one of the BOBs while playing nightfall on legendary. He's on top of one of the building when you get to the firefight area, I sniped him before I got close but I'd assume he would dissapear if you go to far in. I've found most of them by myself now.
The strange thing about Bobs is, one playthrough they can spawn somewhere, only to spawn somewhere completely different on another. I recently encountered a Bob at the first AA gun on Tip of the Spear that I'm sure had never spawned there before. The split-lip decided to unleash hell upon my warthog with his concussion rifle, making the encounter a whole lot harder than it already is.

I did get to stab him, though, so I'm happy.

Blue Ninja said:
The strange thing about Bobs is, one playthrough they can spawn somewhere, only to spawn somewhere completely different on another. I recently encountered a Bob at the first AA gun on Tip of the Spear that I'm sure had never spawned there before. The split-lip decided to unleash hell upon my warthog with his concussion rifle, making the encounter a whole lot harder than it already is.

I did get to stab him, though, so I'm happy.

OI, leave us bobs alone.

No but really, the bob on the first level that has a concussion rifle always manages to kill me, I dont think ive killed it once yet, I always just try and drive past him as fast as possible. :lol

Im not gonna bother with a bob hunt until it pops up as the weekly challenge or something. I am curious if they serve a greater purpose though.

wwm0nkey

Hey guys do any of you want to do some mini-game customs today? I have

Smash Ball
Minesweeper
Garbage Man
Cat and Mouse
Infection

If you have more we will play those too.

wwm0nkey said:

Smash Ball
Minesweeper
Garbage Man
Cat and Mouse
Infection

Im up for it, can we also try a game on Atom? (and the other map getting into matchmaking) Im on your FR so just send a invite whenever your ready.

MrBig

wwm0nkey said:

Smash Ball
Minesweeper
Garbage Man
Cat and Mouse
Infection

Ya, I wasn't able to get into customs yesterday and those sounded fun. If I ever finish nightfall. It's taking me forever and I'm even cheating with save and quit :lol
e: whoever was in charge of placing decorators on Nightfall did a real half assed job. Half of the grass is floating at least a foot off the ground.

Raide

wwm0nkey said:

Smash Ball
Minesweeper
Garbage Man
Cat and Mouse
Infection

I will be up for some Customs later. Depending on numbers, can I try one or two or my Forge maps?

wwm0nkey

Raide said:
I will be up for some Customs later. Depending on numbers, can I try one or two or my Forge maps?
Sure that works, im going to get on now so for those of you who are up for it join when ever you want too.

bobs99 ... said:
OI, leave us bobs alone.

No but really, the bob on the first level that has a concussion rifle always manages to kill me, I dont think ive killed it once yet, I always just try and drive past him as fast as possible. :lol

Im not gonna bother with a bob hunt until it pops up as the weekly challenge or something. I am curious if they serve a greater purpose though.
First time I saw him, I splattered him. Second time was on a legendary playthrough, and I tried to do the same. The bastard armor locked, and I only narrowly avoided it. Thankfully Jorge managed to finish him off. :D

Don't care much for the challenges today. I'll do the Nightfall headshot one but that's probably it. Maybe the 77 enemies in multi if I have the time. Not a lot of cR but what can you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom