• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red

Kapura said:
http://www.lawyersandsettlements.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2010/07/Rose-Colored-Glasses.jpg[img]
No halo game had the best friendly AI. Halo CE's infantry died at the drop of a hat and were essentially worthless in a firefight. With driving, Halo Reach is by far the best when you have AI on the gun or behind the wheel. CE didn't have extended run-and-gun sections with the warthog. If memory serves, the only sections with warthogs as a main feature were the second level (and you get out every time you're doing significant fighting), the ice level (and that's only until you get the tank), and the last level (in which you are just trying to survive). I never once felt that the AI ever assisted me in any of my playthroughs of Combat Evolved save the times that dudes sat on the sides of my tank.[/QUOTE]
I may be wrong, but isn't the AR in CE pretty beefy? Could be why the ally AI appears to be smarter-- they're doing more damage to enemies.

It's tough to keep them alive at long-range because of that exact weapon choice.

GhaleonEB

Has anyone had a glitch where a map in Forge won't load up, but the game pulls up a different map by the same name?

Current issue: I have a map called Crossroads 1.4, the first map I did. And a new map called Wallhalla 2, which I worked on for an hour and a half this morning. Meanwhile there's about 20 other maps and versions of maps on the list.

When I select Crossroads 1.4 from the list, Crossroads 1.4 is what shows up, and that's the map that loads.

When I select Wallhalla 2 from the list, Crossroads 1.4 is what shows up on the main menu, and that's the map that loads. But every other map loads correctly. So it seems the game has erased Wallhalla 2 and replaced it with Crossroads 1.4; only the name on the list remains. I'm going to have to redo what I did this morning.

Is this a first?

(Side note: I just got Neutral Assault working on Crossroads. It's either going to be hilariously bad, or hilariously awesome, but it will be hilarious either way.)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
GhaleonEB said:
Has anyone had a glitch where a map in Forge won't load up, but the game pulls up a different map by the same name?

Current issue: I have a map called Crossroads 1.4, the first map I did. And a new map called Wallhalla 2, which I worked on for an hour and a half this morning. Meanwhile there's about 20 other maps and versions of maps on the list.

When I select Crossroads 1.4 from the list, Crossroads 1.4 is what shows up, and that's the map that loads.

When I select Wallhalla 2 from the list, Crossroads 1.4 is what shows up on the main menu, and that's the map that loads. But every other map loads correctly. So it seems the game has erased Wallhalla 2 and replaced it with Crossroads 1.4; only the name on the list remains. I'm going to have to redo what I did this morning.

Is this a first?

(Side note: I just got Neutral Assault working on Crossroads. It's either going to be hilariously bad, or hilariously awesome, but it will be hilarious either way.)

Wait, Forge is pulling up a different map with a different name? That's... odd. I've heard of issues involving maps with the same name and the well known overwriting issue but that's a new one to me.

There be much neutral assaulting tonight.

MrBig

GhaleonEB said:

Is this a first?

I've never had this happen, but did you try pressing x on the the file and re-saving it as a different name, just in case its a reference issue.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
MrBig said:
I've never had this happen, but did you try pressing x on the the file and re-saving it as a different name, just in case its a reference issue.

Or sticking it up in your File Share and see if others can access it?

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
:\ why did you post that in here?
:lol

Every time I put my GT up for Customs, I'd get half a dozen friend requests and messages all night.

The way I see it, if you can't figure out who running the damm things at this point or lack the ability to check in the usual places for a person's GT then tough. Much better than message spam every week.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
All full already? :( I'll be up for a couple more hours, can someone keep me in mind for an invite, or should i keep trying someone every 15 mins?

Reknoc

Finally finished it on Heroic (a massive mistake on my part but I soldiered on anyway) some final thoughts:

Oh god that space level, oh god, there wasn't nearly enough of it. When I first saw it in the trailer I thought it'd be cool but probably be like a typical Banshee level, glad I was wrong. Man stuff map packs just give me more of this as DLC I'd buy it all at a high price.

Oh... the rest of the game was pretty good aswell I guess.

MrBig

Devin Olsen said:
GAF Customs! Hoorah

Three of us are in a party right now, join up!

GT in profile

Edit: Full! Sorry guys
Why do you have it capped at 8? I'll be in mm, swing me an invite when theres room

GhaleonEB

MrBig said:
I saved it as "Wallhalla 3", and was able to pull it up on the main menu as such. However, when it loaded up, the actual map was Crossroads. :lol

Dani said:
Or sticking it up in your File Share and see if others can access it?
I just put it in my file share, and was going to link it for the test - and the file that showed up in my file share was Crossroads 1.4.

I'm thinking my map just got erased. :(

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
This seems to happen every week...

HaloGAF Customs start in twenty minutes.

The Customs on now are just pre-game warms for the real event. Customs hasn't even started yet so stop fretting people! =)

People want lists so here's this week's "highlights";

-ForgeGAF maps
-Ghostbusters
-Ghaleon's Crossroads
-Nokyard's Epic Aerial Invasion AJAMAMAMAMAMAMAMBO Airport
-Experimental maps
-Invasions

Dani said:

The Customs on now are just pre-game warms for the real event. Customs hasn't even started yet so stop fretting people! =)

-ForgeGAF maps
-Ghostbusters
-Ghaleon's Crossroads
-Experimental maps
-Invasions
Not sure why we need to break up the party we already have... We have 9 right now, just come join us Dani and we'll give you lead.

edit:
Scarecrow said:
Im in a game w/ Olsen and the rest. Am I the only one with a mic?
Nope I would say if anything you're the only one without a mic...

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Devin Olsen said:
Not sure why we need to break up the party we already have... We have 9 right now, just come join us Dani and we'll give you lead.

edit:

Nope I would say if anything you're the only one without a mic...

I'll be on in due time. I have other things I need to get sorted out before I sit down and play Customs for five hours straight. =)

Lunchbox said:
who plays capped at 8?
Jedeye Sniv said:
All full already? :( I'll be up for a couple more hours, can someone keep me in mind for an invite, or should i keep trying someone every 15 mins?
Sorry about that, we did a quick 4v4 on this

and as you remember from Halo 3 anymore than 8 players on this map and its chaos, so someone suggested i cap it at 8-players ONLY for that warmup game while I had Party Leader.

Click the image for the map's Forgehub thread:
Hope you guys had fun on it. Sorry that I forgot to switch it to a team game and had rto end game to fix it :lol

vitaminwateryum said:
brain fart :lol
forgot about lurkers
So whoa re you to warrant lurkers knowing your GT becoming a danger?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Scarecrow said:
strange. I'lll try switching controllers
Are you on the dashboard beta? You've go to go to the dashboard and change your settings My Xbox -> Click on your avatar/name -> Scroll to Settings -> Allow voice and w/e else you want

Ready for customs, someone invite me plz.

MrBig

Dani said:

-ForgeGAF maps
-Ghostbusters
-Ghaleon's Crossroads
-Experimental maps
-Invasions
http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6819665&player=Mr Kwatz
You could include that as an "experimental" ctf map. Spawns and weapon placements aren't done, but I'd like a playtest on CTF.

Alucrid

Banned
Last week that I can probably do customs before the onslaught of new games and I have to watch the Flyers then Phillies. Damn.

MrBig

Did my xbox just freeze or is everyone in blackscreen?
e: that was weird, it froze and I had to unplug it just to turn it off. Can someone send me another invite?

zumphry

Banned
After I get done with these episodes of Community, would it be alright if I start Room 2/Room 3 for people that can't get into customs? Or just do AlternaHaloGAF again with random gametypes that teach you moral lessons?

rush777 said:
Anyone got any tips to beat Oni without Dying? really getting pissed off.

Check your PMs. Didn't want to post a long list of tips in the middle of customs stuff.

MrBig

ZayneH said:
After I get done with these episodes of Community, would it be alright if I start Room 2/Room 3 for people that can't get into customs? Or just do AlternaHaloGAF again with random gametypes that teach you moral lessons?
Please do

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom