• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinAmano

Got 'Like Mike' on my second game...43 and 17...felt bad I died so many times but I thought I was supposed to be killing when i was supposed to be capturing and i would run into a building with 5 or 6 enemies towards the end of the round. :lol

StUnNeR H2K

ShinAmano said:
Got 'Like Mike' on my second game...43 and 17...felt bad I died so many times but I thought I was supposed to be killing when i was supposed to be capturing and i would run into a building with 5 or 6 enemies towards the end of the round. :lol

I had a couple games yesterday with kills in the upper 20's on Invasion games... I think that's my problem is I'm so focused on the objective part that I never did get the 30 kills. I tried a couple BTB games and the game ends normally before I get 30 kills. What's sad is I have never played Arena until yesterday and I came close to getting 30 kills in my first arena game... of course 2 people on our team quit and the other team was horrible.

ShinAmano

StUnNeR H2K said:
I had a couple games yesterday with kills in the upper 20's on Invasion games... I think that's my problem is I'm so focused on the objective part that I never did get the 30 kills. I tried a couple BTB games and the game ends normally before I get 30 kills. What's sad is I have never played Arena until yesterday and I came close to getting 30 kills in my first arena game... of course 2 people on our team quit and the other team was horrible.
We played an invasion game yesterday where all but the two guys I was playing with quit on our team...we lost...but I eneded up with more kills than anyone on the other team. :D

BTW Gaf I like to play halo...if you see me on send an invite...I will play any mode.

Falt said:
The Dream Shake? Sounds like something that happens to you in prison while you're sleeping.

The streak of basketball-related challenges has to be intentional. Pass the Broken, Like Mike, and now this. I'm hoping for a Latrell Sprewell themed challenge for tomorrow.

The Choker: Betray each of your teammates at least once in a single game of multiplayer matchmaking. Also have a scandalous party on a yacht. 1,000 Cr

Or a Greg Oden theme?

Candid Camera: Have a picture of your spartan uploaded to b.net by someone that used to be on your friends list but is no longer. 500 Cr

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
I'm a little bit bored of these firefight challenges by now, there are only a handful of maps and I've played them all many many times by now. I think it would be a bit more fun to make it 150 kills in campaign every now and then, just for the variety. Or evil challenges, like score 100 kills with the spiker in Heroic campaign or something. I'd rather have impossible or evil tasks than simply boring ones.

StUnNeR H2K

Jedeye Sniv said:
Or evil challenges, like score 100 kills with the spiker in Heroic campaign or something. I'd rather have impossible or evil tasks than simply boring ones.

That's more of a "career" challenge instead of a daily or weekly challenge. I've picked up the spiker, but only to try it out...

Chorazin

I finally got my Reach/UFC prize pack from the evil claws of UPS that I won form Waypoint on Twitter yesterday! It came with a dufflebag, dog tags, and a cap.

The dufflebag says UFC in huge letters with Sponsored by Halo Reach below it, so it's kinda meh as I'm not a huge UFC guy.

The dog tags are cool, with the UNSC logo on one and the UFC logo on the other. It'll sit on my Halo shelf at home.

The cap, however, is made out of awesome! Solid construction with a tough feeling canvas material, with a UNSC logo patch right on the front, and on the side it says UFC Halo Reach (Halo Reach in the Halo font.) I'll be wearing this a lot I think!

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
StUnNeR H2K said:
That's more of a "career" challenge instead of a daily or weekly challenge. I've picked up the spiker, but only to try it out...

Exactly! Make me play really differently, that will be fun. Even setting you to get 50 AR kills in the campaign would be more enjoyable than all the FF challs I think.

Sanskrit

Chorazin said:
I finally got my Reach/UFC prize pack from the evil claws of UPS that I won form Waypoint on Twitter yesterday! It came with a dufflebag, dog tags, and a cap.

The dufflebag says UFC in huge letters with Sponsored by Halo Reach below it, so it's kinda meh as I'm not a huge UFC guy.

The dog tags are cool, with the UNSC logo on one and the UFC logo on the other. It'll sit on my Halo shelf at home.

The cap, however, is made out of awesome! Solid construction with a tough feeling canvas material, with a UNSC logo patch right on the front, and on the side it says UFC Halo Reach (Halo Reach in the Halo font.) I'll be wearing this a lot I think!

Congrats man :D

I won a Reach Lim Ed on a release event :)

derFeef

Gui_PT said:
It's k. It helps with the ladies.

Seriously now, just got it tested, still don't know if it's a mild problem or something more serious.
Sorry to hear - I have a heart condition since my birth, ask me per PM if you have any questions or fears or want to talk to like-minded :)

Oh, and it does not help with the ladys sadly :/

MMaRsu

So...getting back into reach

first two games I played..

King of the Hill pro
Oddball on Powerhouse

Fuck that was dumb. I hate those fucking gametypes, I just want to play some fucking slayer man.

Hey look another round of voting > Safe Havens > QUIT

Wtf do these clowns have against Slayer???????

MMaRsu said:

King of the Hill pro
Oddball on Powerhouse

Fuck that was dumb. I hate those fucking gametypes, I just want to play some fucking slayer man.

When did they put those in the slayer playlists?

Lothars

MMaRsu said:

King of the Hill pro
Oddball on Powerhouse

What playlist were you playing on?

I always play team slayer and have never seen those pop up.

Trasher

MMaRsu said:

King of the Hill pro
Oddball on Powerhouse

You should try the, you know, Team Slayer playlist.

MMaRsu

cuevas said:
When did they put those in the slayer playlists?

I'm playing rumble pit trying to play a game of SLAYER and all these fucking idiots are voting for are Infection, Safe Haven, Oddball and KOTH.

FUCK YOU and this fucking game for forcing me to play gametypes I don't WANT to play. How fucking hard is it to understand Bungie?

If I want to play a game of slayer, since 20 minutes ago I've been playing bullshit gametypes and quitting out of matches. Now I don't like to quit, however if I'm forced to play some shit I don't feel like playing I'll quit

Trasher said:
You should try the, you know, Team Slayer playlist.

Ehh I just want to play some FFA, you know.

But fine I'll go to Team Slayer just because I can't get a FFA going at all which imo is fucking garbage. Don't force me to play these shitty fucking modes Bungie.

Hugbot

MMaRsu said:
I'm playing rumble pit trying to play a game of SLAYER and all these fucking idiots are voting for are Infection, Safe Haven, Oddball and KOTH.

FUCK YOU and this fucking game for forcing me to play gametypes I don't WANT to play. How fucking hard is it to understand Bungie?

If I want to play a game of slayer, since 20 minutes ago I've been playing bullshit gametypes and quitting out of matches. Now I don't like to quit, however if I'm forced to play some shit I don't feel like playing I'll quit

But fine I'll go to Team Slayer just because I can't get a FFA going at all which imo is fucking garbage. Don't force me to play these shitty fucking modes Bungie.
If only there was a solution as simple as splitting the Rumble Pit into Slayer and Objective and then quarantining Infection.

I'd have to say that my one big annoyance in Reach is all the playlist preening standing between the player and what he/she wants to play.

Trasher said:
I get that, but Rumble Pit is not a Slayer only playlist so it is kinda your own fault for going in there.
It's Bungie's fault for having only one non-team playlist that encompasses Slayer, Objective, and Infection. They shouldn't get a pass just because the rest of the game is great, the playlist situation sucks and they are slow to improve it.

Trasher

MMaRsu said:

I get that, but Rumble Pit is not a Slayer only playlist so it is kinda your own fault for going in there. Might want to take a chill pill and just do Multi Team or Team Slayer. Multi Team is typically slayer gametypes, and Team Slayer is always slayer gametypes. FFA slayer sucks anyways. =/

zam

So when is the challenge thermometer on bungie.net coming? I want to see how far away the level cap is from being raised

Gui_PT

derFeef said:
Sorry to hear - I have a heart condition since my birth, ask me per PM if you have any questions or fears or want to talk to like-minded :)

Oh, and it does not help with the ladys sadly :/

Thanks man. Can't imagine what living your whole life with that is like.

Trasher

Hugbot said:
It's Bungie's fault for having only one non-team playlist that encompasses Slayer, Objective, and Infection. They shouldn't get a pass just because the rest of the game is great, the playlist situation sucks and they are slow to improve it.
Slow to improve it? There have already been two updates and the game has only been out for just over a month. That's not slow.

There is a demand for non-team playlists? Halo FFA sucks. It doesn't deserve more than one playlist. =/

J-Roderton

Trasher said:
Slow to improve it? There have already been two updates and the game has only been out for just over a month. That's not slow.

There is a demand for non-team playlists? Halo FFA sucks. It doesn't deserve more than one playlist. =/

It would if it had the same "competitiveness" as Lone Wolves in H3.

Maybe stick it in Arena or something, but doesn't that pretty much rely on individual stats anyway? Just my thoughts.

Ramirez

Objective shouldn't be in RP in the first place. For one you can take friends into the hopper with you, and FFA objective is just dumb anyways, no one goes for the objective, just kill kill kill.

It's hilarious how bad the shipping playlists are/were, looks like nothing was going to change from 3, hooray for new(old?) blood. :lol

When does the update go up today?

Trasher

Jroderton said:
It would if it had the same "competitiveness" as Lone Wolves in H3.

Maybe stick it in Arena or something, but doesn't that pretty much rely on individual stats anyway? Just my thoughts.
I'm pretty sure the arena formula wouldn't work for FFA. Assists would be awarded for helping people that aren't on your team, and that wouldn't make sense for FFA.

I know it's just my opinion, but I don't think FFA works well with Halo, and thus that is why there is only one playlist assigned to it. It's just far too random and luck based to be enjoyable.

I would like to add though that it would be a bit more enjoyable if it was strictly slayer gametypes. So you guys are right about objective/infection gametypes making it pretty awful.

MMaRsu

Trasher said:
I get that, but Rumble Pit is not a Slayer only playlist so it is kinda your own fault for going in there. Might want to take a chill pill and just do Multi Team or Team Slayer. Multi Team is typically slayer gametypes, and Team Slayer is always slayer gametypes. FFA slayer sucks anyways. =/

I love FFA. And I love Slayer. Why is there no seperate playlist for just Slayer matches ( FFA, elite etc )?

It's ridiculous.

Hugbot

Trasher said:

Yes, slow to improve, particularly for the solo side. The best part of you thinking Halo FFA sucks is that ideally the people who disagree with you would have a place to go. Currently they have the worst playlist in the game, probably the worst out of any of the Halos. There's no excuse for the shitshow that is Rumble Pit at the moment, particularly after they had two games to perfect the formula.

The time in which the most people are going to be playing should not be the same as the time with the fewest playlists. They started with too few and are only now catching up, they should have started with too many and pruned down.

Trasher

MMaRsu said:
I love FFA. And I love Slayer. Why is there no seperate playlist for just Slayer matches ( FFA, elite etc )?

It's ridiculous.
I'm guessing that it's because there isn't much demand for it. Not sure though.

Hugbot said:
Yes, slow to improve, particularly for the solo side. The best part of you thinking Halo FFA sucks is that ideally the people who disagree with you would have a place to go. Currently they have the worst playlist in the game, probably the worst out of any of the Halos. There's no excuse for the shitshow that is Rumble Pit at the moment, particularly after they had two games to perfect the formula.

The time in which the most people are going to be playing should not be the same as the time with the fewest playlists. They started with too few and are only now catching up, they should have started with too many and pruned down.
You say slow to improve yet this is what's happening to it today:

Rumble Pit

* Lineup rebalanced to offer more kill, less frill.
* Removed Infection, Safe Havens, Race, Rally, Headhunter Pro
* Removed “Classic” gametypes

Sounds exactly like what you guys want. I'm guessing you didn't read the BWU this week.

vhfive

It is strange that Reach didn't ship with a lone wolves playlist but like Trasher I thnk that Halo FFA sucks and 4v4 is best way to play the game.

sorry for bailing last night. I lagged out of a match and lost all interest to keep playing

Ramirez

Rumble Pit was terrible in Halo 3 too, Lone Wolves was only a little less terrible. Stop being surprised that the playlists are horrible, look who made them. Luckily, the garbage is getting took out some what today.

vhfive said:
It is strange that Reach didn't ship with a lone wolves playlist but like Trasher I thnk that Halo FFA sucks and 4v4 is best way to play the game.

sorry for bailing last night. I lagged out of a match and lost all interest to keep playing

You missed a pretty classic slug out between Trasher and EazyB. :lol

Hugbot

Trasher said:
You say slow to improve yet this is what's happening to it today:

Sounds exactly like what you guys want. I'm guessing you didn't read the BWU this week.
I did and I know. A month after release for something that should have been day zero is slow, sorry. This also doesn't even come close to solving his problem of not having a home for FFA Slayer.

Rumble Pit was terrible in Halo 3 too, Lone Wolves was only a little less terrible. Stop being surprised that the playlists are horrible, look who made them. Luckily, the garbage is getting took out some what today.
Fair enough. At least when it was Rumble Pit/Lone Wolves there was more choice of what you wanted when you jumped into a solo hopper, even if the playlists weren't so hot. After Infection gets cut off there should be a better mix of Slayer/Obj, but there's still no good reason they shouldn't have been separate playlists from the start.

Trasher

So here's a question for you FFA lovers then: If you were the playlist manager then what playlists would you make for FFA?

I can only think of one decent one: FFA Slayer.

What else would you need? Oddball sucks; CTF doesn't work; KotH sucks; Juggernaut is meh but somewhat popular (could probably weight it slightly in the Slayer playlist); Headhunter is also meh (maybe weight it slightly as well in Slayer); Infection got it's own playlist; Snipers (sounds like an awful idea for FFA); Swat (sounds like a bad idea for FFA); and Race (also sounds awful for FFA). FFA Slayer seems like the only plausible playlist. So why would you need more than one playlist for FFA?

Hugbot

Trasher said:
So here's a question for you FFA lovers then: If you were the playlist manager then what playlists would you make for FFA?

What else would you need? Oddball sucks; CTF doesn't work; KotH sucks; Juggernaut is meh but somewhat popular (could probably weight it slightly in the Slayer playlist); Headhunter is also meh (maybe weight it slightly as well in Slayer); Infection got it's own playlist; Snipers (sounds like an awful idea for FFA); Swat (sounds like a bad idea for FFA); and Race (also sounds awful for FFA).
FFA Slayer, FFA Objective (Oddball, Headhunter, KOTH), Infection.

You need more than one playlist so you can have a choice. I'm sorry you think only FFA slayer is bearable, there are others who disagree with you. The playerbase is big enough to support those people too.

Trasher

Hugbot said:
FFA Slayer, FFA Objective (Oddball, Headhunter, KOTH), Infection.

You need more than one playlist so you can have a choice. I'm sorry you think only FFA slayer is bearable, there are others who disagree with you. The playerbase is big enough to support those people too.
Well you got your Infection playlist. Now they just need to divide Objective and Slayer. Fair enough. I'd support that. Although I don't think the population for FFA Objective would be very high.

Ramirez said:
You missed a pretty classic slug out between Trasher and EazyB. :lol
apollo-2.jpg

J-Roderton

Trasher said:

What else would you need? Oddball sucks; CTF doesn't work; KotH sucks; Juggernaut is meh but somewhat popular (could probably weight it slightly in the Slayer playlist); Headhunter is also meh (maybe weight it slightly as well in Slayer); Infection got it's own playlist; Snipers (sounds like an awful idea for FFA); Swat (sounds like a bad idea for FFA); and Race (also sounds awful for FFA).

If I did have my way Oddball and headhunter on the objective side of things. For slayer have DMR and sprint.

That's just the problem with FFA Halo. None of it works that well in my opinion. I got my highest skill in Lone Wolves. Did I have fun doing that? Absolutely not. FFA as whole, I would rather slip into Rumble Pit with a guest to just try and have some fun away from other game types. Not take it as seriously as I would say Arena or Team Slayer matches.

It's always chaos.

StUnNeR H2K

Trasher said:

How FFA lovers are out there? I've played it some(H2, H3 & Reach) but don't care for it. Maybe my Halo CE lan party days has me biased towards team games, but just about any gametype is better when you play as a team. This is my opinion of course, but I'm just not able to wrap my head around FFA, it has always just been chaos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom