• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alienshogun said:
I see your cyclopean scotsman and raise you a "cry moar little baby!"

:lol

I actually rarely play Demo in TF2, but the grenade launcher in Reach just makes me sad when the grenade bounces off someone...

Devin Olsen said:
Check it out!

goatrope and I did some speed running this afternoon, ended up finishing Sword Base in 4:54...

Check out the HiH post that goatrope wrote up. (Rendered videos within)

I was about to go "holy shit", but then I saw it was on Easy :\

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
I just received the Bungie-signed Poster I won in Devin Olsen's Giveaway!

5noj10.jpg

Sorry for the quality. It looks really great in person. I can't wait to get it framed!

:D

Thanks again, Devin.

-Yeti said:
I just received the Bungie-signed Poster I won in Devin Olsen's Giveaway!

Sorry for the quality. It looks really great in person. I can't wait to get it framed!

:D

Thanks again, Devin.

It looks a tad wrinkled... and I'm assuming the roll mark will go away when you frame it... hopefully.

Getting it into the roll was a bit of a trying ordeal... heh

Devin Olsen said:
It looks a tad wrinkled... and I'm assuming the roll mark will go away when you frame it... hopefully.

Getting it into the roll was a bit of a trying ordeal... heh

It's actually not wrinkled, I guess the lighting makes it look that way. There is slight damage on one of the edges, but it's definitely not too noticeable until you look closely. It'll be covered up with the frame anyway, so no biggie. :D

1 month and 1 week later I have the hearts armor effect!! My first purchase from the armory except some stupid thing I bought to get an achievement. I now have 300 credits. WOOT WOOT.

Voltron64

brokenwatch said:
1 month and 1 week later I have the hearts armor effect!! My first purchase from the armory except some stupid thing I bought to get an achievement. I now have 300 credits. WOOT WOOT.
That's so cute.

theultimo

brokenwatch said:
I do love the random heart coming out as you move.

Sean P.

Seeing the other poster made me realize I never showed this off

CK79x.jpg

My most cherished piece of videogame memorabilia.

Ended up with two repeat signatures, but you can't blame them, they were running with quite a few drinks in their systems haha

Sean P. said:
Seeing the other poster made me realize I never showed this off

My most cherished piece of videogame memorabilia.

Ended up with two repeat signatures, but you can't blame them, they were running with quite a few drinks in their systems haha
How/Where did you get all of those signatures?

Sean P.

Devin Olsen said:
How/Where did you get all of those signatures?

Reach launch party at redmond town center. Bungie brought every single Bungie employee and I can around for the better part of two hours trying to get them all

Probably my worst night of Halo Reach since it came out, tonight. I think I only won once.

But even with all of the quitters, the AFKers (do you guys just leave your system running and leave? really? for entire matches?), the betray-you-because-you-got-the-shotgunners...

... still nothing annoys me as much as broken goddamn armor lock.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
The community wants to see the best from this game because it is the last game you Bungie that is going to make that is connected with Halo so it has to be better than all the other Halo's and so far its not. I suggest you add those 3 new maps for FREE and not for 10$ because thats not a good deal. atleas put 5 or more maps for 10$.Plus the gametypes are very boring especially Arena. The gametype i have the most fun in is Rumble Pit because of infection and juggernaut but sometimes there a ffa game and i hate playing slayer games when i wanna play infection or juggernaut.
:lol :lol

TheOddOne

timetokill said:
Probably my worst night of Halo Reach since it came out, tonight. I think I only won once.

But even with all of the quitters, the AFKers (do you guys just leave your system running and leave? really? for entire matches?), the betray-you-because-you-got-the-shotgunners...

... still nothing annoys me as much as broken goddamn armor lock.
These fuckers enrage me more and more everyday.

Dani said:
:lol :lol
OMG so good :lol

UltimaPooh said:
It's not broken. Learn how to fight against it.

If you say so. I think it's broken. I've never been so annoyed by anything in a Halo game before.

"Learn how to fight against it." Okay. *eyeroll*

No other armor ability allows you to damage opponents simply by using it. When you run into entire teams of people using it it goes from being simply annoying to infuriating.

I find rejecting a rocket as cool as the next guy. Hell, I don't even get mad at people doing that against me. Here's what's annoying:

- Somebody pulsing armor lock, up to four times, rejecting grenade after grenade
- Somebody pulsing armor lock when you use something like the sword on them, and then being stuck against them due to the lunge, and then being melee'd to death since they can now bring your shields down instantly.
- The instantaneous nature of it, and the invincibility frames just after coming out of it
- The ability to turn around instantly after use, coupled with:
- The ability to perform an action instantly after use
- The sheer length of time of an armor lock, which allows recently killed players the time to spawn and then save their friend

When it comes to a team of Armor Lockers (which is EVERY game of Elite Slayer), what do you suggest? When the only really usable solution is to also use Armor Lock, it's broken.

Armor Lock as it currently stands only brings out the worst of Halo. It both encourages grenade spam and it slows down the game enormously.

I'm not asking for everything about it to be changed. But there are simple tweaks that would make using it strategic and not a huge noob-spam ability. My friend played doesn't even own a 360 himself, and played Halo 3 only when he was at our house. In his first night over I told him to use Armor Lock. After a few matches learning to use it, he was hardly ever with a negative K/D spread. He would just laugh about how fucked up it was that he was still alive all the time, and saying how inevitable a nerf of some sort to it was.

Small changes that would have a huge impact (pick one or two):

- Lower the length of time that Armor Lock lasts for by a quarter
- Reduce the number of times it can be pulsed before being used up completely. 2 at the maximum.
- Remove the ability to turn yourself around instantly coming out of armor lock
- Remove the invincibility frames just after using armor lock
- Remove the ability to perform an action instantly coming out of armor lock (like throwing grenades)

Really, any one or two of those changes would even things out a lot.

Smokey

Thagomizer said:
The Pro Pipe is definitely the most fun gun in Multi player by far. Everytime I pick one up is a joy.

Agree.

It's been nerfed from the beta, but it's still fun to use. When you hit an opposing player just right with a grenade from the pro pipe...feels good man.

Falt

Missed out on the Streaky Shooter challenge, managed 8/10 last night but at 2am and a couple of games past my "last game" call, I called it a night. Now stuck in work watching the time tick away on bungie.net, agonising!

wwm0nkey

Smokey said:
Agree.

It's been nerfed from the beta, but it's still fun to use. When you hit an opposing player just right with a grenade from the pro pipe...feels good man.
I love it how everyone gets pissed at me for using it because I actually bounce it off walls to hit them, I always get 3 kills every time with it :D

Trasher

400cR
Gunslinger

Kill 40 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

1500cR
One Spartan Army

Kill 150 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

600cR
Heroic Holdout

Kill 50 enemies on Holdout on Heroic in Firefight Matchmaking.

1000cR
The Dream Shake

Earn 4 Double Kills in the same match in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Trasher said:
Might take a few games for that one!

Team SWAT get.

My plan will be 2x Gruntpocalypse games and 2x SWAT games for daily challenges. If I'm lucky maybe the Weekly challenge too, but I'm betting on Multi-team for that. Did they ditch SWAT from the Multi-team playlist yet?

Trasher

Phaethon0017 said:
Team SWAT get.

My plan will be 2x Gruntpocalypse games and 2x SWAT games for daily challenges. If I'm lucky maybe the Weekly challenge too, but I'm betting on Multi-team for that. Did they ditch SWAT from the Multi-team playlist yet?
I believe that starts today with the new playlist update.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I keep getting a weird problem with Matchmaking. It seems like it keeps disconnecting me from live or something. I play a round or two, then it keeps resting search while in matchmaking. Then I back out and go back in, it keeps saying retrieving info from live. And now my connection to live is fubar for a bit. Nothing is wrong with my internet, nat is open, and test prior work great. My internet is still working fine during too.

Anyways, 4 Stages done on Legendary, 5 to go. I've believe I have pasted the hardest stage yet.... Having a Warthog with AI =[

derFeef

Those Firefight and Campaign challanges makes me come back to the game every day. Reach is by far my most palyed Halo game yet (but that´s not the only reason) Well done bungie.

Tashi0106 said:
7-2 ughhh

I would say make sure you are going in as a party with your team and reviewing your wins and losses discussing what you as a team are doing right and wrong...but I just remembered in Reach there's no party view feature...

Either way take the losses as a learning point and don't give up. You have to lose before you can win. I hate seeing teams start and after losing one or two quitting or replacing players.

LosDaddie

Banned
Alrighty. I like today's challenges. A few rounds of Firefight MM and few rounds of multi-team.

brokenwatch said:

Congrats. I've stopped buying stuff and now I'm saving for the confetti effect. Only about 35k to go. There's no way I could save up for anything more.

Louis Wu

GhaleonEB said:
Check the alt link next to it, which links to HBO's listing of the Challenges. I stopped updating each day when I noticed they had an automated alternate hosting. Can you see that okay?
If you don't want to load the whole forum (which is probably just as bad as loading the B.net challenge page, on a slow connection), there are a pair of RSS feeds (one with just text, very small, the other with a couple of pictures to liven it up):

http://halo.bungie.org/rss/globalchallenges.xml
http://halo.bungie.org/rss/globalchallenges2.xml

Those might be more useful as 'alt links'. :D

Just noticed Squall's comment that HBO is blocked; not sure if it's blocked by IP or name, but if it's name, try these links instead:

http://peters2.smallbits.com/rss/globalchallenges.xml
http://peters2.smallbits.com/rss/globalchallenges2.xml

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom