• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Striker

Devolution said:
One of my games today included a sword base spawn in the corner (not close enough to lift tunnel to save my ass either) in which players were already overhead nading me before I could even begin to move.

Team Objective spawns are the absolute worse though. I played a sword base bomb game in which they were arming in the lobby, and the game saw fit to spawn all of my team mates in computer control center.
Many maps are too small for 12-players. In Halo 3, it was only 8-players so it wasn't nearly as bad on small maps like Guardian, but it was still awful considering the starting weapons and basic, vanilla map layouts. If they want to use 12-players, they should use four teams so it's teams of three. Right now it's far too collided, especially for small maps. Turns almost every game into a grenade fest.

As for the Objective spawn, you shouldn't expect them to spawn your team in the exact bomb area where they're currently scoring. They have away spawn zones for that exact reason.

Striker said:
Many maps are too small for 12-players. In Halo 3, it was only 8-players so it wasn't nearly as bad on small maps like Guardian, but it was still awful considering the starting weapons and basic, vanilla map layouts. If they want to use 12-players, they should use four teams so it's teams of three. Right now it's far too collided, especially for small maps. Turns almost every game into a grenade fest.

As for the Objective spawn, you shouldn't expect them to spawn your team in the exact bomb area where they're currently scoring. They have away spawn zones for that exact reason.

There is away and there is in a spot that's impossible to get even close to the objective point to from any direction.

neoism

ZayneH said:
People don't do this?
:lol I got it on my second game, of multi T ever... to top it off my teammate quit...:lol I see I had 28 kills and got all nervous, but still go it 33k. Didn't think I'd like MT but it was awesome. Most of the time I just let other players fight, and I'd just get the kill with the pistol. I'll be playing MT a lot more. Not sure I just seen 30 kills in a game, I had only gotten 30 kills a few other times. Weekly Challenges are the only Challenges I really care to do.:D Just keep trying guys..

PsychoRaven said:
I think if they were to make Halo remake Halo 1 in the reach engine it could be a great thing.

I would want it almost identical but I do think there is one single change I would make. I would add vehicle jacking.

Other then that keep everything identical. I'd pay full price for that in a heartbeat.

I don't see why everyone is against a Halo 1 remake, it would be absolutely perfect imo. Especially if they used the Reach engine to make it.

Hopefully it does happen one way or another, though highly doubt it'll come out March 2011. :lol

7echnicolor said:
I don't see why everyone is against a Halo 1 remake, it would be absolutely perfect imo. Especially if they used the Reach engine to make it.

Hopefully it does happen one way or another, though highly doubt it'll come out March 2011. :lol

We're not against it, it's just not logical for them to make it.

7echnicolor said:

I'm not against it. But its too early for a remake in my opinion.

I got laid off on the day that Halo: Reach launched. I'd been expecting layoffs, but wasn't expecting to be one of those unlucky few. I didn't dodge the bullet, but had fortunately already paid off my Legendary edition. As you all know, Reach is awesome, and a good thing too since it'll be the last game I can buy for a while. Launch night was awesome. I stood in line with great people, got my game, and played through the entire campaign with friends I've been playing with since Halo 2. This is what Halo is about: an amazing game and good friends.

I got in touch with urk, explained my misfortune and how Reach and my friends were there to keep me from being too morose. I asked nicely if I could mail in my game and get some signatures, and well, look:

All the photos are here.

This is why Bungie is the best game developer out there. They not only make fantastic games, but they're generous and involved in the community.

Thank you, Bungie! And thanks to GAF for being such a great part of the overall Bungie community!

wwm0nkey

Epyon MX said:
I got laid off on the day that Halo: Reach launched. I'd been expecting layoffs, but wasn't expecting to be one of those unlucky few. I didn't dodge the bullet, but had fortunately already paid off my Legendary edition. As you all know, Reach is awesome, and a good thing too since it'll be the last game I can buy for a while. Launch night was awesome. I stood in line with great people, got my game, and played through the entire campaign with friends I've been playing with since Halo 2. This is what Halo is about: an amazing game and good friends.

I got in touch with urk, explained my misfortune and how Reach and my friends were there to keep me from being too morose. I asked nicely if I could mail in my game and get some signatures, and well, look:

All the photos are here.

This is why Bungie is the best game developer out there. They not only make fantastic games, but they're generous and involved in the community.

Thank you, Bungie! And thanks to GAF for being such a great part of the overall Bungie community!
Bungie is awesome!

Epyon MX said:

I'm envy. Too bad my misfortune isnt so worse than yours. (I'm the only Halo fan in my area. Its too bad if you want to talk in school with some one about the storyline. :/)

FourDoor

Epyon MX said:

<pics>

Sweet! Now go sell it on eBay!
I keeeeed! :D

Keep your head up bud. I'm sure things will turn around for you soon.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Epyon MX said:

Yeah, between Valve and Bungie, the rest of the industry needs to wake the hell up and take notice.

darthbob

Epyon MX said:

That's just beyond generous. They rock.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Epyon MX said:

Awesome dude!

I am in the exact same situation you are, got laid off in August without warning. Luckily had mine paid off as well. Good to see you get some pick-me-ups your way! :D

Came 2nd in a Halo Reach doubles tournament over the weekend. I was being carried all the way by my bro to the point where I wondered what the hell I was even doing. Ah well, live and learn and all that jazz.

What have I missed over the weekend? Besides the BWU stuff. DLC is 2100 for a forky race mode right?

Trasher

Epyon MX said:

All the photos are here.

You didn't send your disc in did you? That would have been tough! :p

GDJustin

stuck my tongue deep inside Atlus' cookies
Dabbled in co-op campaign Matchmaking today. It's a ton of fun! A great alternative to traditional multiplayer or firefight. I just finished Solo Legendary, so it was GREAT to see how much easier everything is in 4P. No need to take your time or strategize, or drop shields with PP. We all just sprayed bullets non-stop to progress. Even the Hunters on The Package were dead before I even really knew it.

Of course it wouldn't be co-op campaign without some asshatery. Had a dude randomly not playing for most of The Package. He would run in a corner and hide. I know he wasn't trying for Flawless Cowboy though because he did die like 10 times. He just... wasn't playing.

KevinRo

Please don't touch Halo:CE.

The game is like 10 years old and it still holds up well. The multiplayer is amazing. The campaign experience is inspiring.

Please don't ruin my childhood.

th3dude

Man was I having a rough night in MM. One of those nights where literally every game (SWAT/Team Slayer) either my teammates would quit or all have 6 or fewer kills by the end of the round.

Well then this game started: http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=243668123

Team SWAT on boardwalk. I start out ok but notice that we are getting completely rolled. I take a look at the scoreboard to see that there is a 0 and a -4 on my team. I start paying attention and realize that aside from being killed by the other team, the one keeps killing the other. Suddenly, they both leave. I'm pretty sire they were together. WTF right?

When they left we were down at least 10 or so but start to come back. Then I think hey here's my chance to get Like Mike for the week. We almost pulled out the win, but I did get Like Mike.

What the hell causes people to do this kind of stuff? The MM has been really bad for me lately. So so so many quitters and griefers.

Also, good on Urk and Bungie for that wonderful gift to the gaffer above.

Sai-kun

Banned
Trasher said:
Has Bulletproof chick overtaken Gaga for you?!

I would make a tier list of popstars for you but nobody wants that :lol Gaga is still a little bit above Elly, but I <3 Elly.

Plus, Signavatar has made it a pain in the ass to add new avatars now, so I'm just settling for my current rotation of 14 or so.

Trasher

Deadly Cyclone said:
Bungie, can you please make the beam rifle and grenade launcher worthwhile again?
Beam rifle? In order to make that worthwhile it'd have to be in the game. :lol
The Focus Rifle is pretty useless though, I agree. :)

Grenade launcher is awesome. It's like the noob combo without having to charge it and it has a much faster velocity than the green globs of plasma. It even has the chance to kill on impact if placed correctly.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Focus rifle is fine. It's just not a good long range gun, oddly. It destroys close range when you no scope it.

Pro Pipe is the most awesome gun in the game.

Trasher

Tashi0106 said:
Focus rifle is fine. It's just not a good long range gun, oddly. It destroys close range when you no scope it.

It's like the noob combo on steroids!

Ramirez

Hey Urk, my child wants to know where his autographed onesie is, did it get lost in the signature extravaganza? :lol

Pro Pipe is the most awesome gun in the game

QFT, I love it, and NO ONE picks it up on any of the maps it's on, especially Powerhouse/Swordbase.

Some guy got mad at me today in Arena because his team kept quitting on him, he was Onyx, so the tears were pretty overflowing in fear of losing it I guess. He messages me to tell me I suck, I tell him to get mad, he says "u mad im onix u nt". I tell him it will take him far in life, he says "i have job to bk", so I congratulate him on working at Burger King, and he informs me that he actually works at the mall with my mom and he she's on his sack.

themoreyouknow.jpg

Aggrotek

It's really annoying having half your friends list be incompatible. My NAT is open but I still can't connect to almost half my friends list. I know at least one of them has their NAT set to open also. No idea what the problem is, but it is very annoying.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Tashi0106 said:

But the Focus Rifle is meant to replace the beam rifle, like on Hemorrhage on Elite Slayer it is put in place of the sniper, and it is terrible at range.

The Pro Pipe needs to kill in one hit if you hit them directly.

Lazslo

Ramirez said:
[Propipe], I love it, and NO ONE picks it up on any of the maps it's on, especially Powerhouse/Swordbase.
Yeah man I love the grenade launcher- it's a really effective weapon when used properly. It works amazing to take down sheilds with the emp or just to dong on people with a direct shot. The best part is nobody really cares for it much, more gun for Laszlo!

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
Hey Urk, my child wants to know where his autographed onesie is, did it get lost in the signature extravaganza? :lol

QFT, I love it, and NO ONE picks it up on any of the maps it's on, especially Powerhouse/Swordbase.

Some guy got mad at me today in Arena because his team kept quitting on him, he was Onyx, so the tears were pretty overflowing in fear of losing it I guess. He messages me to tell me I suck, I tell him to get mad, he says "u mad im onix u nt". I tell him it will take him far in life, he says "i have job to bk", so I congratulate him on working at Burger King, and he informs me that he actually works at the mall with my mom and he she's on his sack.

:lol :lol

Shake Appeal said:
That the same guy built Lockout and The Cage is sort of like learning that at the end of his life Mozart wrote fart jingles for dog food.

Amazing.

The Cage really doesn't bother me that much in Team Slayer. It's not what I would call fun, but it's at least tolerable and I'm ok with them leaving it in that playlist.

A very special shout-out to all the green team members that have spent the day giving out "Like Mike"s on that map in Multi Team.

Can't wait to see what the response to the new maps is like tomorrow.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Deadly Cyclone said:
But the Focus Rifle is meant to replace the beam rifle, like on Hemorrhage on Elite Slayer it is put in place of the sniper, and it is terrible at range.

The Pro Pipe needs to kill in one hit if you hit them directly.

It does. It only doesn't when they are in the dead zone in which the grenade hasn't armed, but at that point you shouldn't be using it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom