• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sai-kun

Banned
Hey guys, sorry to repost, just wanted to do it again for the morning crowd, and this is a pretty important thing for me. :)

Sai-kun said:
Hey guys, I know pretty much none of you are LBGT or anything (as far as I know :p), but tomorrow (well today, October 20), a ton of people around the nation are wearing purple in memory of those 6 students that recently committed suicide due to bullying. I will be wearing a purple shirt I have!

Now, I know it's probably not appropriate for everyone (work and stuff), but I figured that maybe we could turn our Spartans purple, just for tomorrow? I think that'd be neat, just to show support! You don't have to obviously, but like I said, I think it'd be neat :)

also hot potato is the best gametype ever

hot potato is still the best gametype

Oh, and if you do turn your Spartan purple, take a screenshot! I'd like to save a bunch of photos if possible. That'd be cool :)

LosDaddie said:
For realz?

That's cool, but damn, I wish I would've know this last night.
Yeah it's super convenient. Sometimes the wording in this game can be confusing though. Firefight Matchmaking you would think would be, you know, matchmaking in Firefight.

GhaleonEB

Neuromancer said:
Yeah it's super convenient. Sometimes the wording in this game can be confusing though. Firefight Matchmaking you would think would be, you know, matchmaking in Firefight.
But Score Attack is in Matchmaking. :p

One slightly akward Gruntpocalypse game later, 2500 cR earned. I'll take it.

My daughter and I are going to romp through the next mission in our co-op campaign tonight (Long Night of Solace, she's going to love it), so she should be able to snag "There are Many Like..."

Multi-team with randoms is no fun, but I got the weekly done, too bad no one was on that I could have played with. Here is hoping for a fun campaign weekly challenge next week. I want something similar to a vid-master. :(

Gui_PT

Sai-kun said:
Oh, and if you do turn your Spartan purple, take a screenshot! I'd like to save a bunch of photos if possible. That'd be cool :)

I'll get on in a short while to take a screenshot for you

Hugbot

Sai-kun said:
Hey guys, sorry to repost, just wanted to do it again for the morning crowd, and this is a pretty important thing for me. :)

Man this is gonna ruin my halloween theme. But yeah, totally, I'll do this tonight.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Chorazin said:
Halo's extended universe has generally had it's ducks in a row, so I'm not worried in the slightest about the Forerunner Trilogy. It's the games themselves that fuck with the books. :lol

However, I'm more looking forward to the next "present" day Halo books, written by the lady that wrote the Star Wars: Republic Commando series.

I kinda think of Halo as a novel series with tie-in games tbh. Yeah the games are awesome but personally the books are the real canon. I know that this is wrong.

Jedeye Sniv said:
I kinda think of Halo as a novel series with tie-in games tbh. Yeah the games are awesome but personally the books are the real canon. I know that this is wrong.

After how Bungie mangled Truth's character in Halo 3, I'm inclined to agree.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Sai-kun said:

Hell yes, great idea. One purple spartan coming up!

(conversely, does this mean that the Covies are like, really gay? They deck all their ships out in lovely purple hues :lol I guess this is why we never see any female elites)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sai-kun said:

I was trying to go for the tasteful approach with finding a screenshot after I changed my colours but I failed so badly. Ah well. =)

purps.jpg

Farting and a pink friend. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Dani: Awesome! Non-tasteful is okay :p

Jedeye Sniv said:
Hell yes, great idea. One purple spartan coming up!

(conversely, does this mean that the Covies are like, really gay? They deck all their ships out in lovely purple hues :lol I guess this is why we never see any female elites)

:lol :lol :lol This is the best reasoning for not seeing female Elites ever.

I'll gladly don purple armour.

GhaleonEB said:
1500cR Be Their Huckleberry
Kill 100 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the pistol.

oh god why
Because it's so much fun. I occasionally play Gruntpoc this way by choice. :D

aesop

Chorazin said:
Sure, I'll rock a purple Spartan tonight!

Tonight will totally be the night they finally update all our Spartans on B.net. :lol
You joke, but the one time my armor updated on b.net was when I was screwing around with the colors. Been purple for a month.

So I was browsing the new xbox.com and got this error (FUCKING HALO REACH):

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened..

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

Sorry. We were, uh... a little bit distracted playing Halo: Reach. We will work on fixing this right away.

with this stupid pic next to it
500Avatar.png

cuevas said:
So I was browsing the new xbox.com and got this error (FUCKING HALO REACH):

Uh oh... that shouldn't have happened..

It appears you've found a glitch in the system.

Sorry. We were, uh... a little bit distracted playing Halo: Reach. We will work on fixing this right away.
The error said "FUCKING HALO REACH"? :lol

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
op_ivy said:
pardon my ignorance, but has this been addressed?

5099353047_b70a89f3a1_z.jpg

I don't see a tracer, so I don't think the round is actually passing through the wall, however, that guy can get stuck with a plasma.

Edit: NM I see the tracer now, in the bottom right.

Good job bungle.

TommyT

Alienshogun said:
I don't see a tracer, so I don't think the round is actually passing through the wall, however, that guy can get stuck with a plasma.

bottom right corner of the picture looks like one imo.

edit: I would copy it and put some giant red arrows pointing to it in paint but... I'm lazy.

I'm so lost with all this purple stuff. Is it national purple day or something? I'm from the UK so I must be missing something. I logged into tumblr today and my dashboard was all purple as well. What's going on!? :lol

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Alienshogun said:

there is a tracer, its in the bottom left corner of that screen. trust me, you can clip through and shoot through these barriers and not get shot yourself. been in several horrible swat matches with this occurring now.

TommyT

Scythian Empire said:
I'm so lost with all this purple stuff. Is it national purple day or something? I'm from the UK so I must be missing something. I logged into tumblr today and my dashboard was all purple as well. What's going on!? :lol

Sai-kun said:
Hey guys, I know pretty much none of you are LBGT or anything (as far as I know :p), but tomorrow (well today, October 20), a ton of people around the nation are wearing purple in memory of those 6 students that recently committed suicide due to bullying. I will be wearing a purple shirt I have!

Now, I know it's probably not appropriate for everyone (work and stuff), but I figured that maybe we could turn our Spartans purple, just for tomorrow? I think that'd be neat, just to show support! You don't have to obviously, but like I said, I think it'd be neat :)

also hot potato is the best gametype ever

^

vatstep

This poster pulses with an appeal so broad the typical restraints of our societies fall by the wayside.
oddworld18 said:
Weird he almost looks like Mattrick.
I was thinking the same thing. Although the avatar creator isn't advanced enough to properly replicate Mattrick's dumb-looking face.

Hugbot

Scythian Empire said:
Recently in the US there's been a rash of LBGT students committing suicide due to bullying, so it's kind of a "wear purple for support" thing.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Even though I'm against the notion of bullying due to sexual preference (or any type of bullying) I wouldn't do the whole purple thing because I also don't/won't condone suicide either. Nor will I memorialize those who commit the act. The true victims are the families and friends of those who killed themselves.

That's all I'll say on that topic though.

darthbob

Dax01 said:
Has anyone tried out both new Forge World maps in matchmaking? Which do you guys think is better?

Atom, by leaps and bounds.
thats not much of a statement because it sucks too, just less than cliffhanger.

Cliffhanger is just terrible. I expected better from Lars.

Edit: Really mashing that Enter key today, eh?

Sai-kun said:

Don't know if you caught my response earlier, but I'll definitely support this cause with my purple Spartan. Screenshots will be had. :D

Sai-kun said:
:lol :lol :lol This is the best reasoning for not seeing female Elites ever.
WortWortWort has a whole new meaning now.

Sai-kun

Banned
squidhands said:
Don't know if you caught my response earlier, but I'll definitely support this cause with my purple Spartan. Screenshots will be had. :D

I saw :)

I've seen a couple people online go purple. It's awesome! It really means a lot to me! Thank you all for supporting this, and thank you even if you aren't going purple today! At least keep the youth in your thoughts a bit :)

GhaleonEB

Sai-kun said:

I played a game this morning in purple garb after reading this post, and took a pretty great screen, but it didn't transfer to bungie.net (which is an ongoing problem - I took a ton of pictures for my Forge blog entry today and about five are missing from b.net). Come to mention it, my Spartan never udpated on b.net either - it's still blank.

I'll transfer it via file share and post it tonight.

ShinAmano

Willeth said:
Firefight multiplayer matchmaking. I chose Sniperfight for the infinite pistol for the challenge, forgetting that it had been extended. At the end of the set, a bonus round - and Hunters just spawn in fucking everywhere. There were only two of us left at that point, and we both had fuel rods, and I died pretty much immediately trying to flank. My friend survived to within a second of the end but even so only managed to kill about four of the twenty-or-so Hunters that were charging up the hill toward him.
That is AWESOME.

Ramirez

Shake Appeal said:
Apparently the secret to the Arena is not to play it, because I got moved up to Silver without doing anything recently.

I went and checked mine, I was put into Gold yesterday, and now this morning it's Onyx. :lol

I wish for Season 3 they'd have a radar list and a no radar list, would make things so much better...

Hey Urk, do you think you could do a few of those in-universe articles like Frank did leading up to Halo 3, the ones with weapon descriptions and remarks from Marines? I thought those were really cool and I kinda missed them leading up to Reach's launch.

Like this. Those one-paragraph blurbs on the Reach page don't really count.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom