• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

darthbob

Thagomizer said:
Hey Urk, do you think you could do a few of those in-universe articles like Frank did leading up to Halo 3, the ones with weapon descriptions and remarks from Marines? I thought those were really cool and I kinda missed them leading up to Reach's launch.

Like this. Those one-paragraph blurbs on the Reach page don't really count.

I thought Robt McLees wrote those?

squidhands said:
(by the way, if you want to see an amazing-looking map that looks like it could belong in the H:CE campaign, download this).
Holy God this is probably the best map I've seen yet, aesthetically. It looks like a brand new palette, almost.

I'm sorry but why would you support people that took their own lives because they couldn't deal with the natural consequences of their wrong choices?

Chorazin

AwesomeSyrup said:
I'm sorry but why would you support people that took their own lives because they couldn't deal with the natural consequences of their wrong choices?

Are you fucking kidding me? This is a joke, right?

Wizman23

Banned
AwesomeSyrup said:

I got my popcorn ready. I double dog dare you to go post this same thing in the OT forum. You must be 8 years old.

Guys, the Reach thread doesn't need a "homosexuality is a 'wrong choice'" debate. Nowhere does, really, because that sentiment is inane and hateful, but at least take it to OT.

Hugbot

Back on topic,
Shake Appeal said:
Holy God this is probably the best map I've seen yet, aesthetically. It looks like a brand new palette, almost.
Are there screenshots of this? I have it set to download but I'd like to see what I'm in for.

feel

AwesomeSyrup said:
wow

and if this is some sort of joke you should have made that clear, and not make the joke at all actually

Shake Appeal said:
Downloading, it better be incredible, Shake

Lunchbox

Banned
AwesomeSyrup said:

make a thread
make a thread
make a thread!!!

DO IT!!! i wanna seeeee

Aggrotek

Last night, me and a friend decided to try out the new firefight. With no betrayal booting I thought hey, the lag won't get me booted.
It was on Beachhead. I spent most of the game in a Wraith picking off enemies as they dropped. It was a lot of fun.

Then the bonus round happened. I nearly died from laughing. I just ran and ran hoping a fuel rod cannon was lying around somewhere. Just watch. It's crazy.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=7251483&player=x%20N3CRO

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Thagomizer said:
Hey Urk, do you think you could do a few of those in-universe articles like Frank did leading up to Halo 3, the ones with weapon descriptions and remarks from Marines? I thought those were really cool and I kinda missed them leading up to Reach's launch.

Like this. Those one-paragraph blurbs on the Reach page don't really count.

Dunno if we'll do the ordnance, but Robt does have a few articles already baked up and ready to go.

Sai-kun

Banned
AwesomeSyrup said:

Not in this thread. No. No. No.

NO!

On a normal note, Team Snipers is good for some mindless fun. :D Some people just don't pay attention to their surroundings though. It's hilariously amazing. I've had a guy run past me to try and snipe someone else :lol Needless to say, I think I'm going to change my major to interior design.

with a concentration in interior design of that guy's brains, to be specific

Chorazin

Sai-kun said:
On a normal note, Team Snipers is good for some mindless fun. :D Some people just don't pay attention to their surroundings though. It's hilariously amazing. I've had a guy run past me to try and snipe someone else :lol Needless to say, I think I'm going to change my major to interior design.

I am so disasterously bad with the Sniper Rifle, whenever everyone votes for it in BTB (which of course they do) I just hide and wait 15 minutes until it's over.

Hugbot said:
Back on topic,

Are there screenshots of this? I have it set to download but I'd like to see what I'm in for.
No screenshots, the map is still in it's early stages (!). Take a leap of faith, you'll be pleased.

GhaleonEB said:
Go fuck yourself.
Absolutely. That's shit's totally uncalled for, joke post or not.

TommyT

Sai-kun said:
Not in this thread. No. No. No.

NO!

I SEE WHAT YOU DID THAR!

edit: Fucking hell Sai... you and your damn La Roux (sp?) always makes me hear that song! BULLEEEEEEEEEEEETPRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRROOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOF!

Gui_PT said:
How's that guy not banned yet?

Sheesh

2wqap2x.jpg

GhaleonEB

squidhands said:
Absolutely. That's shit's totally uncalled for, joke post or not.
I generally try not to react to stuff like that, but good lord that post pissed me off. Just completely uncalled for, not to mention off-base.

So, for those of you that have played Glacier in MM, is the framerate so bad that you expect you'll never select that map again? Or just a large blemish on what could have been a top map?

SquallASF said:
So, for those of you that have played Glacier in MM, is the framerate so bad that you expect you'll never select that map again? Or just a large blemish on what could have been a top map?
I'll probably still play it for Score Attack, I'll just keep the fight off to one side if I can help it. The main problem seems to stem from when you're looking out at the cavern from the initial spawn room, so if you can keep from doing that, you'll probably be all right.

I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with 4 players, though. *shudders*

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
PzlQF.jpg

Purple spartan on the map that Shake recommended. Pretty good map, looking forward to kicking some ass on it on saturday maybe.

edit: gosh that's big, a resize is in order. brb
Edit2: there we go, that's better

Hey You

Is it wearing purple for those who committed suicide from bullying or just suicide in General?

I can understand if its the former.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
I random got a "New Items are available in the Armoury!" pop up message when I loaded up Reach but I've been at max. rank for quite a while and I notice there is nothing new to purchase - what gives?

Hey You

Dani said:
I random got a "New Items are available in the Armoury!" pop up message when I loaded up Reach but I've been at max. rank for quite a while and I notice there is nothing new to purchase - what gives?
Maybe we are close to the goal!

Maybe this is obvious, but the quality of Arena matches seems to improve if you filter connection by Skill. Swings aren't as bad, and you get more opportunities to beat people of a similar level to you.

Hey You

Shake Appeal said:
Maybe this is obvious, but the quality of Arena matches seems to improve if you filter connection by Skill. Swings aren't as bad, and you get more opportunities to beat people of a similar level to you.
As opposed to people of a lower level?

SquallASF said:

Just played it. Probably won't seek it out in the future. I'm wondering how it made it into the game to be honest. The other maps are good enough to carry the firefight experience by themselves, why include this?

It is pretty.

Bregmann Roche said:
Just played it. Probably won't seek it out in the future. I'm wondering how it made it into the game to be honest. The other maps are good enough to carry the firefight experience by themselves, why include this?

It is pretty.
It's an evil tease of Waterworks.

squidhands said:
I'll probably still play it for Score Attack, I'll just keep the fight off to one side if I can help it. The main problem seems to stem from when you're looking out at the cavern from the initial spawn room, so if you can keep from doing that, you'll probably be all right.

I couldn't imagine how bad it would be with 4 players, though. *shudders*

I'm guessing the spawn room is the door you end the level in? So that would infer you can't stand atop the roof, the most viable hold off spot, eh?

SquallASF said:
I'm guessing the spawn room is the door you end the level in? So that would infer you can't stand atop the roof, the most viable hold off spot, eh?
Yeah, that's the spot. I haven't tried getting on top of the roof; I generally get my ass handed to me if I try to jetpack around in Firefight. Bubbleshield or (the much maligned) Armor Lock are always in my back pocket.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom