• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
squidhands said:
Yeah, that's the spot. I haven't tried getting on top of the roof; I generally get my ass handed to me if I try to jetpack around in Firefight. Bubbleshield or (the much maligned) Armor Lock are always in my back pocket.

You don't need a jetpack to get up there if it's like Campaign but that's small consolation if that region is lag central. Disappointing, to say the least.

On another FF note, I tried Snipers last night and wow, the image of countless Hunters materializing before my eyes for the bonus round was Amazing. Endless hunters with blackeye on? yipes. Sadly, I was a moron and didn't think about the fact that bonus round only gives you one life. I was used to the infinite supply and was rather reckless for the bonus haha Next time Hunter legion, next time!

cazosozey

Dani said:
I random got a "New Items are available in the Armoury!" pop up message when I loaded up Reach but I've been at max. rank for quite a while and I notice there is nothing new to purchase - what gives?

This happened to me today as well. Emblem was reset to the ugly brown and green smiley and armor was default. There was no change in credits, and all my purchased items were still available to be equipped. It actually showed my rank as a recruit for a second, then it changed back to Lt. Colonel. Really weird stuff.

Here's a question: If you log on offline to see your proper rank, can you purchase armory items that require ranks above the cap, should you be at that title? In other words, can I buy an item that requires the rank of Commander right now if that's where I'm truly at?

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
SquallASF said:
So, for those of you that have played Glacier in MM, is the framerate so bad that you expect you'll never select that map again? Or just a large blemish on what could have been a top map?

I just played it and it is pretty bad, and I'm usually not one who cares about framerate. I was playing Score Attack and has a bunch of dead brutes in the entrance way around the door and it was literally stuttering. I shudder to think how bad it could get with 4 players there.

chapel

Banned
Is the issue with people shooting through the blue mesh on Boardwalk only in a specific area, like the screenshot showed last page?

You can shoot through the blue mesh from any side, without sticking your gun through. Unless it is only one area I am not aware of. The mesh by the stairs to the ramp to the sniper nest is fair game and you can shoot through it just fine, or be shot through it. Most people don't realize that, but as long as it is a human projectile weapon with bullets, it works.

TommyT

chapel said:
Is the issue with people shooting through the blue mesh on Boardwalk only in a specific area, like the screenshot showed last page?

You can shoot through the blue mesh from any side, without sticking your gun through. Unless it is only one area I am not aware of. The mesh by the stairs to the ramp to the sniper nest is fair game and you can shoot through it just fine, or be shot through it. Most people don't realize that, but as long as it is a human projectile weapon with bullets, it works.

waitwut?! PICS!

Mr Spliff

Jedeye Sniv said:
I just played it and it is pretty bad, and I'm usually not one who cares about framerate. I was playing Score Attack and has a bunch of dead brutes in the entrance way around the door and it was literally stuttering. I shudder to think how bad it could get with 4 players there.

I came to post exactly this.

chapel

Banned
When I tell people I play with, they usually don't know. Maybe its just that people assume its a physical object obstructing your shots, but not your view. Maybe they thought it was glass. I love when people hide behind it like its cover.

ElRenoRaven

squidhands said:
Yeah, that's the spot. I haven't tried getting on top of the roof; I generally get my ass handed to me if I try to jetpack around in Firefight. Bubbleshield or (the much maligned) Armor Lock are always in my back pocket.

Yup there is a soft kill zone there. You can't get on top of the canopy.

SquallASF said:
So, for those of you that have played Glacier in MM, is the framerate so bad that you expect you'll never select that map again? Or just a large blemish on what could have been a top map?

It's bad enough that I'd seriously think twice about voting for it. As others I've not had major framerate problems in the game but on that map it's bad. As I mentioned last night it's probably 25 fps tops 3/4ths of the time. And that's not a steady 25 fps either.

Mr Spliff said:
I came to post exactly this.

It's probably worse in Score attack because if you hang back around a choke point all the corpses will be in a small area, which will cause the frame rate to drop. You can even achieve this on maps that have a very stable framerate (e.g. Courtyard).

It's not actually that bad in 4 player because corpses tend to be all over the place instead of concentrated in a spot.

Photolysis said:
It's probably worse in Score attack because if you hang back around a choke point all the corpses will be in a small area, which will cause the frame rate to drop. You can even achieve this on maps that have a very stable framerate (e.g. Courtyard).

It's not actually that bad in 4 player because corpses tend to be all over the place instead of concentrated in a spot.

If corpses are the problem, I would be surprised if a future title update couldn't cause corpses to de-spawn in Firefight. I'd take that over framerate issues in a heartbeat.

LordAlu

Zeouterlimits said:
I wish I didn't believe he meant it. Such.. ugh!

Haven't come across the new Forge maps yet, might just jump into a custom game and check them out.
I've only come across Cliffhanger, and it was pretty terrible. Didn't seem to have any flow to it at all. This could just be because it's new and people are getting used to it, but by the end of the game I was just hanging back and taking potshots, there was no real reason to go forward.

LAUGHTREY said:
All those blue things on boardwalk can be shot through.
This annoys me no end. It looks solid, and it's not glass since it can't be smashed, so you shouldn't be able to shoot through it. Is it an oversight or is it purposefully designed that way?

chess

Jedeye Sniv said:

I'm surprised they put it in MM. I just assumed this was why they kept it out, not really for campaign spoilers. Anything up by the doors is horrific. I'm really surprised at the framerate issues in this game. Thankfully most 4v4 multiplayer games don't have much of and issue.

I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but who exactly decided that an online shooter could be an effective medium for launching an anti-suicide movement?

Oh and for the record, I'm totally against this whole suicide thingy.

darthbob

chess said:
I'm surprised they put it in MM. I just assumed this was why they kept it out, not really for campaign spoilers. Anything up by the doors is horrific. I'm really surprised at the framerate issues in this game. Thankfully most 4v4 multiplayer games don't have much of and issue.

Framerate goes down badly in campaign too.

Hell, a damn Phantom just disappears right in front of you after dropping off more Covenant.

At first I thought it was some glitch, but I'm guessing the 360 just wants to get rid of that object as fast as possible as it's not really doing anything. Same could and should be said for the mounds of dead bodies/corpses lying around on the battlefield too.

Like, I know it's supposed to keep me in the 'action', but I prefer a stable framerate over seeing a dead grunt that I killed 2 minutes ago.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
Raide said:
Played my first game on Atom. Big Team Slayer, really manic but that map is so lop-sided. :lol

Christ, they put atom in big team? :lol Such a shame, I was trying to get us to play it last week in customs but we thought there were too many players! Instead it probably would have been good practice.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:
I'm sorry, maybe I'm missing something here, but who exactly decided that an online shooter could be an effective medium for launching an anti-suicide movement?

Against suicide or against showing some compassion? I don't see how a bunch of snazzy purple spartans are affecting your game personally.

Oozer3993

The Wise Old Man said:

The main thing is people wearing purple today. That's been extended into Halo by changing your armor color to purple. Speaking of which, here's my Spartan and his new paint job:

GLUob.jpg

chess

darthbob said:
Framerate goes down badly in campaign too.

Hell, a damn Phantom just disappears right in front of you after dropping off more Covenant.

At first I thought it was some glitch, but I'm guessing the 360 just wants to get rid of that object as fast as possible as it's not really doing anything. Same could and should be said for the mounds of dead bodies/corpses lying around on the battlefield too.

Like, I know it's supposed to keep me in the 'action', but I prefer a stable framerate over seeing a dead grunt that I killed 2 minutes ago.

I don't think it has anything to do with the dead bodies. Swordbase in the beta was really bad in the atrium area. haven't tested in final to see if there is still issues. It's like certain lighting situations make areas vulnerable to frame rate issue if many more projectiles/explosions start to go on. Not so much bodies laying around. This is all theory though. I could care less about campaign and firefight now that the game has been out a month.

vitaminwateryum

corporate swill
SquallASF said:
Here's a question: If you log on offline to see your proper rank, can you purchase armory items that require ranks above the cap, should you be at that title? In other words, can I buy an item that requires the rank of Commander right now if that's where I'm truly at?
You can buy 'em but all the items and cash you spend offline won't effect what you have online.

Jedeye Sniv said:
Against suicide or against showing some compassion? I don't see how a bunch of snazzy purple spartans are affecting your game personally.

I'm not suggesting it affects my game at all. I just have a hard time taking it seriously, that's all. It's like having a breast cancer awareness rally at a Chucky Cheeses.

Raide

Jedeye Sniv said:
Christ, they put atom in big team? :lol Such a shame, I was trying to get us to play it last week in customs but we thought there were too many players! Instead it probably would have been good practice.

It was a huge grenade spam fest. :lol

Voltron64

The Wise Old Man said:
I'm not suggesting it affects my game at all. I just have a hard time taking it seriously, that's all. It's like having a breast cancer awareness rally at a Chucky Cheeses.
Playing this game can sometimes make me want to kill myself. Now, I probably won't do it. Thank you purple spartans.

The Wise Old Man said:
I don't really see the similarity. This is just a show of solidarity. No reason you can't do it in a video game played by thousands of people at the same time, it basically accomplishes the same goal as wearing purple clothes today.

Jedeye Sniv

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:

I know you're being sarcastic, but that's a good idea. Any time you're not just preaching to the choir is a good thing. If some random person asks why there are so many purple spartans today they might learn something, just as if a woman was to encounter a breast cancer awareness rally at a chucky cheese she might think about getting tested. Where's the harm?

TommyT

The Wise Old Man said:

There's better analogies than that... I'd be all for that going on at Chucky Cheeses. Games, pizza, and hot moms (some with fake boobs too!).

Gui_PT

TommyT said:
There's better analogies than that... I'd be all for that going on at Chucky Cheeses. Games, pizza, and hot moms (some with fake boobs too!).

Tell me more about this... Chuck of the Cheese.

divisionbyzorro said:
If corpses are the problem, I would be surprised if a future title update couldn't cause corpses to de-spawn in Firefight. I'd take that over framerate issues in a heartbeat.

They're far from the only cause of frame rate drops, it just sounds like this in particular might be making it worse for some. I've played several Glacier games now and they've all been playable.

TommyT

Tashi0106 said:
Isn't it Chuck E. Cheese?

I thought I remember being shocked when I heard that.

Six of one, half a dozen of the other. :lol

It's like calling Whataburger - Waterburger
... maybe that's just a Texas thing :O

Hugbot said:
You're gonna need to find a kid, they won't let adults in solo.

They freaking mark parties now as well. So that people who come in don't leave with a different kid. :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
The Wise Old Man said:

I did, but it's not a "movement". We all think suicide is bad, LBGT suicides in this case, and we're wearing purple to show that we support those kids who feel like that's their only option, and to remember the youths that have already taken their lives.

I knew that not everyone might have been aware, or might not have had anything purple, or weren't allowed to wear purple or whatever, so I figure since we're on big Halo-playing community, this could be the next best thing :)

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Sai-kun said:
I did, but it's not a "movement". We all think suicide is bad, LBGT suicides in this case, and we're wearing purple to show that we support those kids who feel like that's their only option, and to remember the youths that have already taken their lives.

I knew that not everyone might have been aware, or might not have had anything purple, or weren't allowed to wear purple or whatever, so I figure since we're on big Halo-playing community, this could be the next best thing :)

Bungie have done similar things to this in the past. Video games, whilst not always the perfect medium, can be used to make a point or get a message across even if only a small percentage of the audience participates.

Can someone explain to me why Ascension was chosen to be remade? It was the worst map in Halo 2 and one of the worst in the Halo series. Every single game-even ones where I'm winning- is like pounding nails through my scrotum.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom