• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I drop down from on high on Zealot and get killed by the timer, even though I was already below the shield and halfway to the floor.

WTF Bungle

StuBurns

Banned
Played thru a second time last weekend, Legendary, two player co-op, so awesome. It took a couple of hours longer than the Heroic playthru, but it was actually less frustrating for the most part. I still detest the zero-g section, thankfully it's brief.

Mr. Sam

StuBurns said:
Played thru a second time last weekend, Legendary, two player co-op, so awesome. It took a couple of hours longer than the Heroic playthru, but it was actually less frustrating for the most part. I still detest the zero-g section, thankfully it's brief.
I did the zero g section surprisingly efficiently with an energy sword.

vitaminwateryum said:
You can buy 'em but all the items and cash you spend offline won't effect what you have online.

Oh, weird.

I would really like to know when the community progress meter will be available on bungie.net.... Urk, might you tell us when that will happen?

StuBurns

Banned
Mr. Sam said:
I did the zero g section surprisingly efficiently with an energy sword.
It's not that it's hard, it's pretty easy, I just hate playing it, it's the messed up sound I think, really hurts my perception of the environment. I didn't play in 5.1 though, so it might be a none issue for a lot of people.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
-Yeti said:
"Remove Snipers from Team Slayer!"

*Gets put into own Playlist*

"Now remove [map] from Team Snipers!"

I don't see anything wrong with that. Especially considering on Pinnacle against a good team, you spawn out in the open and get sniped from where ever you are, its just not good. Besides, people have already asked this map to be removed from other playlist. There is limited cover on Pinnacle and when spawning in an open area, you get your head ripped off. Not good for Team Snipers, especially if I can't even spawn and move into cover.

Also,

-Remove Hemorrhage from Team Snipers.

StuBurns said:

Zero-g is the best section of the game (on Heroic). Love love love.

K

kittens

Unconfirmed Member
StuBurns said:
The Zero-G section is one of my favorites in the whole game. It brought back the feelings of intense survivalism from Halo 1. You REALLY had to keep tabs on your weapons, your ammo, the weapons available around you, and what enemies were coming up next. So fun.

FourDoor

Hugbot said:
You're gonna need to find a kid, they won't let adults in solo.

pedobear.gif

omg.kittens said:
The Zero-G section is one of my favorites in the whole game. It brought back the feelings of intense survivalism from Halo 1. You REALLY had to keep tabs on your weapons, your ammo, the weapons available around you, and what enemies were coming up next. So fun.

Absolutely. The whole sequence aboard the Long Night of Solace, from the low-grav to the bridge battle and back again, was just exceptional and murderously tough on Legendary. I loved it, and only wish it was longer.

The most people out there doesnt know that the sniper is a Antitank-weapon right? Its really sad, that they always try to get kills and not to destroy the incoming wraith... :/

MrBig

Spaceman Spiff said:
Absolutely. The whole sequence aboard the Long Night of Solace, from the low-grav to the bridge battle and back again, was just exceptional and murderously tough on Legendary. I loved it, and only wish it was longer.
Yep, that and new Alexandria are my favorite levels of the game.

Hypertrooper said:
The most people out there doesnt know that the sniper is a Antitank-weapon right? Its really sad, that they always try to get kills and not to destroy the incoming wraith... :/

I'm not that awesome at sniping but I'm trying to get better... however when I do see something like that I usually use my sniper for that purpose. Even Warthogs.

StuBurns

Banned
omg.kittens said:
I disagree, I thought it was easy, the rest of the ship level is a lot of fun, but the zero-g bit I really disliked both times.

Spaceman Spiff said:

The corvette is the Ardent Prayer. The super carrier is the LNoS. :p

Wow, Elite Slayer on Reflection is the bomb. Elites completely deemphasize the top hallway. There's combat all across the map, so much fun.

Kentpaul

When keepin it real goes wrong. Very, very wrong.
whats with the shitness of cliffhanger :lol

bungie have the entire forge world and tools to make some awsome maps and all they can come up with is 3 buildings on the side of a cliff :lol

i wish the Deck 16 unreal tourment forge map would come to matchmaking, id take another year of work just to play it every day,

Thagomizer said:
Wow, Elite Slayer on Reflection is the bomb. Elites completely deemphasize the top hallway. There's combat all across the map, so much fun.
The reason Elite Slayer makes a lot of maps more fun is because it removes most of the power weapons.

Playing rocket race with a random on my team. We die, I respawn on back. I've been driving the whole game so far, so I want to ride Brokeback for a while. He immediately jumps out to tell me to drive. I ignore him and stay in my seat. He gets killed.

Repeat 4 times.

Finally, after he gets killed yet again while I sit in the Goose, I shoot him with a rocket and betray him.

He boots me.

Now he HAS to drive the mongoose. Idiot :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
I've only played 1 game of Cliffhanger but my first impressions are not good ones. Again, the map is killed by radar. You can't move a fucking inch without someone knowing exactly where you are. The entire time, everyone played it as a standoff. They just stood in their bases and put shots cross map. I was the only one trying to advance in the other base and I would be spotted by radar and hunted down immediately. I still went positive and had the most kills but I couldn't move freely on the map.

Again, this is only after playing 1 game. I'd like to play with map with no radar and with my team to see how the map really functions. I'd love to get up in the other teams base and see where they spawn. How easy is it to spawn kill them? How do they get out of the spawn trap? Things like that.

I played a few games of Atom and that played a lot better. Took 1 game to get used to the layout but I was able to run around freely in the 2nd game. It's pretty easy to just sit back and dominate with a sniper in that game or even hop up on the other teams middle base and dominate from there as well. Still wanna play more of each for sure.

Dug

Banned
Sai-kun said:
Hey guys, sorry to repost, just wanted to do it again for the morning crowd, and this is a pretty important thing for me. :)

hot potato is still the best gametype

Oh, and if you do turn your Spartan purple, take a screenshot! I'd like to save a bunch of photos if possible. That'd be cool :)
reach_7284328_Medium.jpg

(is that too small?)

Tashi0106 said:
I've only played 1 game of Cliffhanger but my first impressions are not good ones. Again, the map is killed by radar. You can't move a fucking inch without someone knowing exactly where you are.

I'm not sure removal of radar will help all that much. The map has two levels. Movement options between those levels are limited, and on the upper level (tops of bases) movement/vision is not great. Then there are the random man cannons which don't seem to direct the action in any particular direction. The map feels like it wants you to do just what you said: hang out behind your base and take shots at anyone dumb enough to come at you.

I'm hoping someone will come on here and tell me what I'm missing. I feel like I'm doing it wrong.

I'm sorry but whats wrong with standoffs where each team is nailing each other from their side of the map?

Thats some of the best Halo I ever played.

Just last week me n backflip were in a random game of Slayer on Pinnacle and it became 49-49 both teams wanted the win so bad we sat back they had a Snipe at large tower I kept pinging back down from Small tower, they eventually had a guy up top of large tower I couldn't kill but kept knocking his shields down. I looked Rockets had come up I took lift thought I could kill the guy up top with splash damage but didn't get the kill I was in middle dish like OH FUCK. Backflip runs up from rockets to the left side looks and sees someone at Banshee and we double team him for the win. It was so friggen close. One of the most intense games I've played recently.

Also see MLG gameplay on Lockout.

Miggytronz

is XBOX.com down for anyone else?

I just got a suspension from XBOX Live for violating the terms of service for having "SPIC" in my XBOX.com signature.

Is it because of the suspension?

edit: This all occured during a middle of a match with my friends. I was on LIVE for a good 10min.

Kentpaul said:
its a discrace how shit the both maps are

long live costom games with friends on awsome forge maps

Yeah I got to play both maps in MM tonight, and they are the 2 worst maps in any Halo game. I dont understand why they picked them, they must have had much better options to choose from. I will be voting for anything else from now on.

pakkit

Banned
yankeehater said:
Yeah I got to play both maps in MM tonight, and they are the 2 worst maps in any Halo game.
Whut

They're really not that bad, and they're nicely symmetrical. I just wish Forge World would be more diversified with its maps. They're all eyesores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom