• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Willeth

I don't get a Lockout vibe from The Cage at all. About the only thing that's similar is that it's based around a central platform, and even then the gameplay is focused in completely different areas from Lockout.

EDIT: Because it got bottom-paged:
Willeth said:
I made a thing!

It's called Icarus, and it's a modified version of Infection that always starts with one human. This human spawns in a soft kill zone and has to get into a Falcon immediately and fly around in restricted airspace (marked by floating cones).

The rest of the players are directly below, with infinite plasma pistols, standard jetpack, and a thirst for brains. Whoever knocks the Falcon out of the sky and into the killzone that's between the platform and the airspace gets to feast on their grey matter (and gets two points). If the pilot somehow manages to survive for three minutes among the streams of plasma being spat at them, they get to see another day, and net five points.

Five rounds, lots of hilarity. Download the gametype and its accompanying map, Zenith, here.

Disclaimer: Zenith might need a bit of tweaking to add some initial spawns, maybe make the airspace killzones more obvious and maybe despawn the initial Falcon platform and killzone, but I'll let you guys decide if they're necessary.

EDIT 2: Hey, first post on page 117! What do I win?

Lazslo

Domino Theory said:
I don't get The Cage's existence, tbh.

In the same ViDoc The Cage was shown, Lockout and Wizard were shown as well. Why aren't those two maps in MM? Hell, why aren't they even on the disc?
My guess is one of any of these explanations, or maybe all of them combined:
-To avoid criticism of having to many remade and reshashed maps right out of the gate.
-Also maybe plans are currently in place to add them in in the next update to keep things fresh.
-Maybe to keep things focused on only a couple of maps to avoid inital problems that could arise right after ship
-It's also a reasonal possibility that Bungie didn't have time to test lockout and wizard in time for certification.
All these are most likely wrong and Bungie is just lazy and to busy eating pizza and playing Live.
Dax said:
Nothing because it's on page 233.
I though you were a gaf-pro bro- 100 postperpage winz

Mr. Sam

I disconnected from Xbox Live to see what the armory looked like as a Commander. MY GOD there's some awesome - and super expensive - shit in there. I must have it.

I'd be that much closer if my Gold hadn't expired and I could collect today's easy challenges.

Domino Theory said:
I don't get The Cage's existence, tbh.

In the same ViDoc The Cage was shown, Lockout and Wizard were shown as well. Why aren't those two maps in MM? Hell, why aren't they even on the disc?

It's so weird, because there are pieces on Forgeworld that are basically designed for Lockout, even with the appropriate trap doors, you'd think with the effort applied to making it like that they'd at least throw it together and release it.

Willeth said:
I don't get a Lockout vibe from The Cage at all. About the only thing that's similar is that it's based around a central platform, and even then the gameplay is focused in completely different areas from Lockout.

EDIT: Because it got bottom-paged:

EDIT 2: Hey, first post on page 117! What do I win?

Sweet, downloaded. Send me a message if you need to fill the room.

Reach really i(u)rks me lately. As I was discussing with Zouterlimits and friends earlier, Halo 3 felt far more solid, especially at this moment in it's life cycle. Reach, to me, feels as if Bungie made Halo 2 again. A game with so much potential to be far better than it was. I honestly won't be surprised if a BWU a year from now devulges us with the info that Reach didn't have nearly as much resources as they boldly claimed or that the market demanded they cut feature X and Y.

The game, as is, disappoints me to a much larger extent than it should be.

MrBig

Hydranockz said:
Reach really i(u)rks me lately. As I was discussing with Zouterlimits and friends earlier, Halo 3 felt far more solid, especially at this moment in it's life cycle. Reach, to me, feels as if Bungie made Halo 2 again. A game with so much potential to be far better than it was. I honestly won't be surprised if a BWU a year from now devulges us with the info that Reach didn't have nearly as much resources as they boldly claimed or that the market demanded they cut feature X and Y.

Unfortunately, I agree. And I'm a hardcore Halo fan.

MrBig said:
Unfortunately, I agree. And I'm a hardcore Halo fan.
As am I... It's rather sad that the beta felt more polished than the final game. The amount of host migration is nothing short of a joke.

Dani said:
Calling yourself a hardcore Halo fan in this thread is like calling yourself a nerd whilst attending a Star Trek convention.

Why you gotta pick on Dax? :p

Kujo

shintoki said:
The gameplay was the worst, but the maps were fantastic.
IMO AA's are worse. And 2 seemed to be the most popular Halo for Objective gametypes which no one seems to care for anymore sadly

MrBig

Dani said:
Calling yourself a hardcore Halo fan in this thread is like calling yourself a nerd whilst attending a Star Trek convention.
:lol

But seriously, this game has even more problems than halo 2 had. At least 2 had good amazing maps.
I'm not saying reach is bad. It's the biggest and funnest game yet, it just doesn't feel done.

shintoki said:
The gameplay was the worst, but the maps were fantastic.

What I wouldn't give to see some big team Halo 2 maps. Terminal <3. Hell even Containment would be better suited to Reach than it was in H2.

chapel

Banned
Mojo said:
Halo 2 was awesome man. It's map selection is unmatched. I wish they made Halo 2 again
But you see, Halo 2 without good maps, is Reach. That sucks. Armor lock sucks, it really ruins the sandbox imo. The other armor abilities can be OP, but you can counter them with skill or cunning, AL just is dumb. Most people use it as a last resort, best to just ignore them, or if no one else is around wait for them to pop out and finish the kill.

The fact that you have to wait is just dumb, it has no positive effect, most times someone armor locking is going to die, so why have it? What really infuriates me about it is how it can be abused. The fact that after coming out of armor lock they have extra damage absorption, having the ability to take a sniper shot or 3 dmr shots to the head coming out of AL after your shields are popped is just dumb.

When people can run up to you, melee you, AL, but because there is slight latency, you melee back, right into their AL, they pop out and with no penalty get the second melee in. What about close range stickies, rockets, so on. I know the common excuse for AL is to either use it or stay away from it, but I don't know someone has it until they use it on me. I can't choose to avoid an enemy when I don't know they have it.

It breaks the sandbox. Maybe why people that enjoy using it like it so much is because it breaks the sandbox and gives them a potential advantage or a method of griefing.

The range of issues with Reach is really souring me. This is a game I wanted to play for years, but some fundamental design choices are making the game unenjoyable. I have played almost 1000 games, mostly in competitive and arena playlists, so maybe some of it is due to being burnt out, but if I am feeling this bad about the game, what about all those people new to the game like Ghaleon mentioned. Halo 3 didn't even come close to annoying me this much when it first came out. I just don't know why it sucks like it does, but I am sad because of it.

Lazslo said:
My guess is one of any of these explanations, or maybe all of them combined:
-To avoid criticism of having to many remade and reshashed maps right out of the gate.
-Also maybe plans are currently in place to add them in in the next update to keep things fresh.
-Maybe to keep things focused on only a couple of maps to avoid inital problems that could arise right after ship
-It's also a reasonal possibility that Bungie didn't have time to test lockout and wizard in time for certification.
All these are most likely wrong and Bungie is just lazy and to busy eating pizza and playing Live.
They thought "3 million people are gonna buy the game anyway. Lets make the maps after the game ships, no one will care."

Hydranockz said:

Going to have to (unfortunately) agree with you on this one.

The game shipped with the absolute bare minimum of maps and most of the maps are bland and uninspired.

I love the core gameplay of Reach, it seems like it has so much potential, but ultimately the experience is lost on me due to odd glitches/bugs/simple issues that really shouldn't exist.

I am happy to see updates so quickly (two within the first month), but it'll take more then a couple quick fixes to make this game what it should be. Hopefully Bungie can do that before they lose a large group of their customers to other franchises.

I don't want to get off on a rant, but I just wanted to give my two cents.

pakkit

Banned
As far as multiplayer goes: Halo 3 > Halo: CE (PC/Mac) > Halo Reach > Halo 2

Reach SHOULD be number one with some tweaks, but the default maps are pretty disappointing so far. I'm growing to them, but Halo 3's maps were much more immediately satisfying.

Glad to see others reflecting my own thoughts about the abysmal map selection and AL issues.

Lunging at someone with the sword, they use AL for 1 second, pop your shield and melee you to death while having full health = This is not my Halo.

And it seems Bungie forgot about Jetpacks/Sprinting when creating some of these maps. Team DMRs on Boardwalk? More like Team Jetpack DMR Sniping From 100 Yards Away on Boardwalk. That's not fun any way you spin it. And Sprint being a default AA is ridiculous. Halo has never been about being able to run across the map in 3-4 seconds and it really feels wrong imo, especially as the only choice in some gametypes (why not just set it to no AA?).

chapel

Banned
Devin Olsen said:
Going to have to (unfortunately) agree with you on this one.

The game shipped with the absolute bare minimum of maps and most of the maps are bland and uninspired.

I love the core gameplay of Reach, it seems like it has so much potential, but ultimately the experience is lost on me due to odd glitches/bugs/simple issues that really shouldn't exist.

I am happy to see updates so quickly (two within the first month), but it'll take more then a couple quick fixes to make this game what it should be. Hopefully Bungie can do that before they lose a large group of their customers to other franchises.

I don't want to get off on a rant, but I just wanted to give my two cents.
I agree. Core gameplay seems great, but all the stuff tacked onto it really makes the experience sub-par. Not only that the lack of maps, and the choices with the maps we do have, really make the experience sub-par. It is like they went and made the best core halo gameplay yet, but screwed up everything else. :(

FunkyMunkey said:
Glad to see others reflecting my own thoughts about the abysmal map selection and AL issues.

Lunging at someone with the sword, they use AL for 1 second, pop your shield and melee you to death while having full health = This is not my Halo.
Another issue with AL, since auto aim makes your aim stick on people, someone who is AL will stick your aim, and slow it down when trying to spin around or deal with someone else coming up on you.

Tokubetsu

chapel said:
But you see, Halo 2 without good maps, is Reach. That sucks. Armor lock sucks, it really ruins the sandbox imo. The other armor abilities can be OP, but you can counter them with skill or cunning, AL just is dumb. Most people use it as a last resort, best to just ignore them, or if no one else is around wait for them to pop out and finish the kill.

The fact that you have to wait is just dumb, it has no positive effect, most times someone armor locking is going to die, so why have it? What really infuriates me about it is how it can be abused. The fact that after coming out of armor lock they have extra damage absorption, having the ability to take a sniper shot or 3 dmr shots to the head coming out of AL after your shields are popped is just dumb.

When people can run up to you, melee you, AL, but because there is slight latency, you melee back, right into their AL, they pop out and with no penalty get the second melee in. What about close range stickies, rockets, so on. I know the common excuse for AL is to either use it or stay away from it, but I don't know someone has it until they use it on me. I can't choose to avoid an enemy when I don't know they have it.

It breaks the sandbox. Maybe why people that enjoy using it like it so much is because it breaks the sandbox and gives them a potential advantage or a method of griefing. Core game is great but they just seemed to have fumbled with everything else. Gametypes, maps etc.

The DLC maps simply can't be any worse than the selection we have right now.

The range of issues with Reach is really souring me. This is a game I wanted to play for years, but some fundamental design choices are making the game unenjoyable. I have played almost 1000 games, mostly in competitive and arena playlists, so maybe some of it is due to being burnt out, but if I am feeling this bad about the game, what about all those people new to the game like Ghaleon mentioned. Halo 3 didn't even come close to annoying me this much when it first came out. I just don't know why it sucks like it does, but I am sad because of it.

Completely agree. While AL doesn't piss me off as much, I do agree that it completely ruins the flow in most games. My biggest gripe with Reach is that pretty much all the maps aren't fun. At all.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
FunkyMunkey said:
No, that's fine. Armour lock is perfectly balanced for stuff like that. Avoid a grenade, bounce a vehicle, block a melee. It should be all about timing to either avoid or counter. AL's problem is that it just lasts too long. Where it kills the pace on combat and gives an advantage to counter through natural lag.

Ramirez

Man, looks like the honeymoon is over. :lol

To add insult to injury, this stupid level cap has taken the fun of "player investment" completely out of the game. Imagine how lame CoD would be if you could only unlock certain guns 2 months after release. So many stupid bewildering decisions with this game.

chapel said:
I agree. Core gameplay seems great, but all the stuff tacked onto it really makes the experience sub-par. Not only that the lack of maps, and the choices with the maps we do have, really make the experience sub-par. It is like they went and made the best core halo gameplay yet, but screwed up everything else. :(

The other issue I have is the maps they've chosen to remake, Ascension? Really?

Sanctuary is fine but they just put in the softkill areas this week. Those areas should have been off limits on release.

Hemorrhage is just off. I actually booted up H1 and found some differences that are the reasons Blood Gulch worked better. If anyone wants specifics I'll go back and take some pics of what I mean.

H2 had much more to offer in terms of maps than this. Hell throw their big team maps into Big Team since my biggest issue with Big Team are the maps. I don't have a problem with remakes, just remakes of subpar maps or overlooking the obvious like people getting up to spaces that break the gameplay.

shintoki said:
No, that's fine. Armour lock is perfectly balanced for stuff like that. Avoid a grenade, bounce a vehicle, block a melee. It should be all about timing to either avoid or counter. AL's problem is that it just lasts too long. Where it kills the pace on combat and gives an advantage to counter through natural lag.

I've had people tap it 3 times in a row on me and absolutely own me, even though they should have been dead thrice already.

It already slows down the action enough. It's length and being able to on/off, on/off, on/off it to your liking is screwed up and makes me feel like I'm being griefed.

edit: And my number 1 issue: No persistent ranks in alllllllllll the other playlists means they're full of quitters and people who plainly don't care. At least if I would be paired up with level 30's in BTB(or other gametypes), I'd know they probably aren't gonna quit. Right now it's just terrible. And the two whole playlists that are actually ranked, reset often -____-.

Tokubetsu

Devolution said:
The other issue I have is the maps they've chosen to remake, Ascension? Really?

Sanctuary is fine but they just put in the softkill areas this week. Those areas should have been off limits on release.

Hemorrhage is just off. I actually booted up H1 and found some differences that are the reasons Blood Gulch worked better. If anyone wants specifics I'll go back and take some pics of what I mean.

H2 had much more to offer in terms of maps than this. Hell throw their big team maps into Big Team since my biggest issue with Big Team are the maps. I don't have a problem with remakes, just remakes of subpar maps or overlooking the obvious like people getting up to spaces that break the gameplay.

The scale of Hemorrahage seems off. It's just too big now or at least, it FEELS that way and yea, of all the H2 maps to remake, they pick Ascension? Are you for real Bungie?

Kujo

To me, good maps are one of the most important thing to have in a FPS. Good maps, interesting maps, unique maps. Half of Reach atm is the same Forge blandness and the other is all campaign areas. And it kinda lessens my enjoyment of the campaign too as sometimes it feels like I'm just playing in some multiplayer and firefight maps stiched together.

On a positive note, I do prefer the DMR to the BR.

Tokubetsu

Mojo said:
To me, good maps are one of the most important thing to have in a FPS. Good maps, interesting maps, unique maps. Half of Reach atm is the same Forge blandness and the other is all campaign areas. And it kinda lessens my enjoyment of the campaign too as sometimes it feels like I'm just playing in some multiplayer and firefight maps stiched together.

On a positive note, I do prefer the DMR to the BR.

I would take most of the firefight areas in mp matchmaking over most of the shit we got TBH. At least they wouldn't all be fucking blue and grey. :lol

chapel

Banned
shintoki said:
It should make you stay in it longer, no quick pops if you will.
FunkyMunkey said:
I've had people tap it 3 times in a row on me and absolutely own me, even though they should have been dead thrice already.

It already slows down the action enough. It's length and being able to on/off, on/off, on/off it to your liking is screwed up.
The other issue I have with it, how assists are calculated. If you take someones shields down, they can sit in AL for 5 seconds or more, and now unless you get the kill, you wont get an assist.

@Ramirez, I don't care too much about being capped, but I think people would be more forgiving if the addiction of gaining ranks was still there. For those of us that play a lot that is.

Tokubetsu said:
The scale of Hemorrahage seems off. It's just too big now or at least, it FEELS that way and yea, of all the H2 maps to remake, they pick Ascension? Are you for real Bungie?

It's actually about the same. The issue is the teleports are in different spots, and the vantage points for sniping are a little tighter. So it's easier to sneak around and not be shot on spawn so rapidly. Not to mention with a 3-shot pistol even on the ground folks can fend snipers off.

FunkyMunkey said:
edit: And my number 1 issue: No persistent ranks in alllllllllll the other playlists means they're full of quitters and people who plainly don't care. At least if I would be paired up with level 30's in BTB(or other gametypes), I'd know they probably aren't gonna quit. Right now it's just terrible. And the two whole playlists that are actually ranked, reset often -____-.

I thought there are ranks (true skill) but are just hidden.

Yep.

As somebody who loves sticky grenades, AL is once again a hugely frustrating AA. Guy gets stuck, he pulses the AL until it blows up, comes out... gets stuck again, pulses the AL, comes out scratch-free. Gets stuck a third time, pulses, comes out scot-free.

With the lag inherent, you've already wasted bullets shooting at an armor locked opponent, and now you've got to reload.

So yes, following with my previous comments about AL, a huge problem is that people don't even really need to commit to it, and if they do there's not enough of a penalty to it. Making it single-use only would be a dramatic change. Even 2 uses max before a full recharge would make a huge difference.

Ramirez said:
Man, looks like the honeymoon is over. :lol

To add insult to injury, this stupid level cap has taken the fun of "player investment" completely out of the game. Imagine how lame CoD would be if you could only unlock certain guns 2 months after release. So many stupid bewildering decisions with this game.
The level cap is one of the silliest things ever, and NO ONE I have talked to can seem to make sense of it.

It isn't stopping you from earning credits, so it isn't there to stop cheaters... All it is doing is taking the immediate reward away from players who have achieved 'max rank'. A lot of the enjoyment I get from playing is inching closer and closer to the next level, why would they stop players from being able to do that?

The answers they gave in the Update didn't really make sense in my opinion.

Devolution said:
It's actually about the same. The issue is the teleports are in different spots, and the vantage points for sniping are a little tighter. So it's easier to sneak around and not be shot on spawn so rapidly. Not to mention with a 3-shot pistol even on the ground folks can fend snipers off.
One teleporter brings you out into the middle of the gulch with NO cover and the other teleporter drops you behind a BUNCH of rocks where you can hide and pick people off from.

Seems fair.

--

Side Note: I think putting the power ups back into BG could help it out... I find myself NEVER going into the Moogle Cave (no idea what it's actually called... the cave with the water in it now)... And running up the middle where O/S used to spawn makes no sense, it completely changes the flow of the map.

Devin Olsen said:
The level cap is one of the silliest things ever, and NO ONE I have talked to can seem to make sense of it.

It isn't stopping you from earning credits, so it isn't there to stop cheaters... All it is doing is taking the immediate reward away from players who have achieved 'max rank'. A lot of the enjoyment I get from playing is inching closer and closer to the next level, why would they stop players from being able to do that?

I think the reason is so that they can see how fast the community goes through the lower ranks so they can adjust the higher ones accordingly without turning it into a "you have to hit the daily cap every day for 5 years to reach Reclaimer" type thing. Considering that some people were hitting Lt. Colonel within a week, I'd say that's acceptable. Why they don't say that, though, I dunno.

Devin Olsen said:
One teleporter brings you out into the middle of the gulch with NO cover and the other teleporter drops you behind a BUNCH of rocks where you can hide and pick people off from.

It's funny on Blood Gulch both are out in the open and the red one is not in sight of the blue cave overhang. I really don't understand why they moved the red one.

Quality ain't that good but here you go:

At red teleport:
redteleport01.jpg

redteleport02.jpg

redteleport03.jpg

Can't see it from blue cave (blocked by that hill on the right):
cantseeteleportfromcave.jpg

Striker

pakkit said:
As far as multiplayer goes: Halo 3 > Halo: CE (PC/Mac) > Halo Reach > Halo 2

Reach SHOULD be number one with some tweaks, but the default maps are pretty disappointing so far. I'm growing to them, but Halo 3's maps were much more immediately satisfying.
Reverse that order, my friend.

In my mind it's easily Halo 2, Halo: Reach, Halo 1, and then Halo 3.

Devin Olsen said:
It shipped with more than Halo 2/3. The issue I think most people find is, however, that four came from Forge and some of the others feel rather weak, and that's partly due to coming from campaign. Overall, I like the maps. Some can be tweaked, but in others, like Countdown, I just feel I doubt I'll ever feel satisfied about them. Once more DLC rolls around and there's more actual maps, we'll see if people's mind changes. For our sake, we better get a higher DLC count than what we were delivered in Halo 3. What a disappointment that was. I recall reading on some BWU how after Halo 2, they wanted to deplore us with DLC to point we lose count as to how many are given.

Halo 2 and Halo 3 had around 23-24. With Reach, not including the Forge variants which can come and (in The Cage's case) go, I honestly expect at least 30.

Striker said:
It shipped with more than Halo 2/3.
You CANNOT count Cage as a map. It is a Forge map someone in the office made, counting it equal to Boardwalk or Powerhouse is laughable.

Halo Reach Maps:
* Boardwalk
* Boneyard - Invasion Map (Only comes up in one play-list (It may come up in Race now, I am not sure)
* Countdown
* Forge World
* Powerhouse
* Reflection
* Spire - Invasion Map (Only comes up in one play-list (It may come up in Race now, I am not sure)
* Sword Base
* Zealot

With those two maps out we are left with only SEVEN Competitive MP maps shipped with the game.

--------------

Halo: CE

* Battle Creek
* Sidewinder
* Damnation
* Rat Race
* Prisoner
* Hang 'Em High
* Chill Out
* Derelict
* Boarding Action
* Chiron TL-34
* Blood Gulch
* Wizard
* Longest

Thirteen maps, nearly double

-------------

Halo 2

* Lockout
* Ascension
* Midship
* Ivory Tower
* Beaver Creek
* Burial Mounds
* Colossus
* Zanzibar
* Coagulation
* Headlong
* Waterworks
* Foundation

Twelve maps, again nearly double

------------

Halo 3

* Construct
* Epitaph/Epilogue
* Guardian
* High Ground
* Isolation
* Last Resort
* Narrows
* Sandtrap/Sand Tarp
* Snowbound/Boundless
* The Pit/Pit Stop
* Valhalla

Eleven Maps

------------

13, 12, 11, 7....

Seven maps get old fast, especially when some of them are so disliked (Hemorage)... I love Bungie, I grew up playing Halo, but Reach is just simply lack luster at the moment. I don't understand how you can defend the map count...

Sorry for being such a negative hater :\

I have really avoided saying negative stuff, but im feeling the same frustrations as others have outlined in this thread. The thing is, its delibrate design decisions that annoy me in Reach. For example I kind of find annoyance with armour abilities, but since the gameplay is balanced to work with them, playing without armour abilities is just dull.

Also regarding the level cap - I understand why the cap is there, but surely they have the data they need now? It seems like the 'community challenge' to raise the rank cap is just weak, I would rather they just lifted it now to be honest. :p

bobs99 ... said:
I have really avoided saying negative stuff, but im feeling the same frustrations as others have outlined in this thread. The thing is, its delibrate design decisions that annoy me in Reach. For example I kind of find annoyance with armour abilities, but since the gameplay is balanced to work with them, playing without armour abilities is just dull.

Also regarding the level cap - I understand why the cap is there, but surely they have the data they need now? It seems like the 'community challenge' to raise the rank cap is just weak, I would rather they just lifted it now to be honest. :p

The AAs work in the game play to me well enough, I actually feel like AL doesn't fit in 4v4 slayers. It changes the pace. If I could peg it down to one thing, it's too long. Even when used strategically and not just an "oops they out fired me", it just screws up the flow of slayer. It seems like something more effective/useful in objectives and frankly GREAT for ones with vehicles.

D

Deleted member 21120

Unconfirmed Member
Devin Olsen said:
You CANNOT count Cage as a map. It is a Forge map someone in the office made, counting it equal to Boardwalk or Powerhouse is laughable.
Nail down for me precisely what it is about The Cage that makes it not a "real" map.

Devin Olsen said:
Halo Reach Maps:
* Boardwalk
* Boneyard - Invasion Map (Only comes up in one play-list (It may come up in Race now, I am not sure)
* Countdown
* Forge World
* Powerhouse
* Reflection
* Spire - Invasion Map (Only comes up in one play-list (It may come up in Race now, I am not sure)
* Sword Base
* Zealot
Counting Forgeworld as one map - Paradiso, Hemorrhage, Asylum, Pinnacle, The Cage - is ridiculous. What is it about Asylum that makes it not a "real" map? What is it about Pinnacle that makes it not a "real" map? I'm interested to hear.

Devolution said:
The AAs work in the game play to me well enough, I actually feel like AL doesn't fit in 4v4 slayers. It changes the pace. If I could peg it down to one thing, it's too long. Even when used strategically and not just an "oops they out fired me", it just screws up the flow of slayer. It seems like something more effective in objectives and frankly GREAT for ones with vehicles.

Dont get me wrong, I LOVE using Armour Abilities, and theyre certainly a really cool feature (my friends jaw dropped when I showed them to him). But I find that each AA can have its annoying uses. The gameplay becomes less about gunplay, and more about AA play at times.

Sure I love my crazy games of Halo, but I also love the aspect of the game thats about clever movement and precision play.

Devin Olsen, I would say something like Pinnacle (The Asylum remake?) Is a real map, because its clear they cut out that geometry and made forge peices that build up the map, they essentially built the map in little bits and put it together. In my eyes the maps with custom built peices must have been designed 'properly' and so feel like real maps. It might sound weird, but its clear that they developed each peice of the map to fit perfectly, it feels more like they made the peices to spec and put them together, than just threw forge objects together.

Cocopjojo Maps like Atom and Cliffhanger seem a bit less underdeveloped though, your making the best of a slightly limited map editor. It doesnt mean those maps will play badly, but they cant really ever hit the heights of a fully developed map. Also for me, part of the magic of a map is its theme and art, its something thats pretty insignificant, but staring at the same forge peices can get old.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom