• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZeroCoin

LosDaddie said:
How does it work? Like this?:
  • Start ONI on Legendary
  • Eventually die
  • Respawn
  • Select "Save and Quit"
  • Select "Resume Solo Campaign"

Rinse & Repeat until the mission is done?

EDIT: Also, will you unlock the avatar helmet too?

Actually you don't need to worry about quitting after each death. Just keep playing and racking deaths up until just before the mission is over, then do a save and quit, and resume it. Yes, you will unlock the avatar helmet using this method too.

CrazedArabMan said:
Just beat the level and I can confirm it does work, no more long hours of having to play the whole level a few times over and over again.

No more repeat of "push back the attack on Sword Base". :/
Carter's ridiculously exact enunciation really gets on my nerves. No one talks like that, no one. Not even a fictitious character from a fictitious planet.

squidhands said:
Carter's ridiculously exact enunciation really gets on my nerves. No one talks like that, no one. Not even a fictitious character from a fictitious planet.

I still barely understand what Kat says throughout the game :/

Hugbot

ZeroCoin said:
Actually you don't need to worry about quitting after each death. Just keep playing and racking deaths up until just before the mission is over, then do a save and quit, and resume it. Yes, you will unlock the avatar helmet using this method too.
:lol even better.

ElRenoRaven

So yea if any of the Bungie guys are lurking which I'm sure they are, can we get some sort of update on when Spartans will update during the weekly update today? Mine updated once like a week after it came out and never again. Others haven't had theirs update at all. It would be nice to at least get an ETA on when that might be fixed.

PsychoRaven said:
So yea if any of the Bungie guys are lurking which I'm sure they are, can we get some sort of update on when Spartans will update during the weekly update today? Mine updated once like a week after it came out and never again. Others haven't had theirs update at all. It would be nice to at least get an ETA on when that might be fixed.
Info on this would be great. Mine hasn't updated at all.

Also, if Bungie's looking for stuff for the BWU, it'd be cool to see what the most/least popular challenges were so far. Just curious which ones everyone is getting and which ones have been tough or ignored.

Trasher

Ramirez said:
First game of the day, go into multi team and get 8 double kills, multi team makes all of these so easy. :p

Oh, and for added bonus and lulz, my next game after that.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=254571968&player=TJ Ram

Peep that TOD, balanced.
The first game I played today for the challenges I went into Multi Team too, but only got 7 double kills
and three triple kills :)

13 rocket kills with no multi-kills? Damn that's a lot of rockets. :lol

Wheres the challenge meter to see how far we have to wait til this stupid cap is off?

How far are we going to get to rank up to this time??

xxjuicesxx said:
Wheres the challenge meter to see how far we have to wait til this stupid cap is off?

How far are we going to get to rank up to this time??

For the love of god, don't put any more caps in place. Daily caps are good enough.

Kujo

Just checked my offline rank and noticed you can buy the Recon helmet with credits, sucks for the people paying real money for it on eBay :p

Willeth

Oh man. Saw this in my local GAME today.

eQnT1l.jpg

I took this to PAX 08 to get signed for my nephew. He was really really into Halo at the time and was super excited to get it signed (yes, even by Paul Russel!). He grew bored of it after his friends migrated to World at War and sold it on to get credit towards FIFA 10.

So this poor little battered and scuffed signed copy of Halo 3 has been sitting in the preowned section of my local GAME for months, and no-one wants it, even at a tenner. Very sad.

*singletear*

Raide

Mojo said:
Just checked my offline rank and noticed you can buy the Recon helmet with credits, sucks for the people paying real money for it on eBay :p

Who is crazy enough to spend real money on Recon?:lol

SquallASF said:
For the love of god, don't put any more caps in place. Daily caps are good enough.
I agree. I'm not even at max ranking yet, but I'd be terribly disappointed when the cap lifts and I rocket past a few ranks with no fanfare. That part's incredibly satisfying.

GhaleonEB

I've been debating whether to submit Crossroads to the Forgetacular contest. I think it's pretty solid (now that it doesn't have a vehicle on it that gets tossed off every game), but there were about ten places where the edge of the map was left too open, and I didn't have enough budget (which is to say, zero) to block them off. And that made it not safe enough to submit; I managed to drive straight off an edge on the last custom game we played, and I figured if the guy that made the map is driving off the edges, that's a bit of a red flag right there.

I couldn't sleep this morning (nightmare) and spent the time brainstorming. And came up with a way to extract another $600 in budget from the layout, while removing (and smoothing over) the last of the welding joints on the ground and without losing any functionality in the cover or borders. And then I was able to block off the last 12 sides that were left open, and tidy up a couple lose ends and corners. It's sealed up enough that I'm on the prowl for a couple of saved films from customs to submit it to the contest. If we could get a Slayer and CTF match in this week or next, that should do it.

Willeth

Mojo said:
That's a pretty good price, too bad someone scribbled all over it.
You know now that I think about it I can't remember if it was actually Paul Russel or if it was Chris Carney signing all of them as Paul as an inside joke. :lol

Raide

GhaleonEB said:
I've been debating whether to submit Crossroads to the Forgetacular contest. I think it's pretty solid (now that it doesn't have a vehicle on it that gets tossed off every game), but there were about ten places where the edge of the map was left too open, and I didn't have enough budget (which is to say, zero) to block them off. And that made it not safe enough to submit; I managed to drive straight off an edge on the last custom game we played, and I figured if the guy that made the map is driving off the edges, that's a bit of a red flag right there.

I couldn't sleep this morning (nightmare) and spent the time brainstorming. And came up with a way to extract another $600 in budget from the layout, while removing (and smoothing over) the last of the welding joints on the ground and without losing any functionality in the cover or borders. And then I was able to block off the last 12 sides that were left open, and tidy up a couple lose ends and corners. It's sealed up enough that I'm on the prowl for a couple of saved films from customs to submit it to the contest. If we could get a Slayer and CTF match in this week or next, that should do it.

I would get ready to submit it. I can see the maps that win with not be all artistic maps. Most of them suffer from framerate issues and I would rather play a simple and uncluttered map that was awesome fun than have to struggle with framerate issues and complicated architecture.

A few more large scale tests and tweaks and I think your map is good to go. :D

Thanks also for the blog posts about your progress, really interesting to read.

Roche

squidhands said:
I agree. I'm not even at max ranking yet, but I'd be terribly disappointed when the cap lifts and I rocket past a few ranks with no fanfare. That part's incredibly satisfying.

Yeah, I'm fairly sure I'll be a Colonel or a Commander grade 3 by the time the rank lifts and that's fairly depressing for me.
Also sitting at Lieutenant Grade 3 is seriously getting old, I've already bought pretty much everything I wanted from the rank and now my credits are just stacking up. :(

op_ivy

Fallen Xbot (cannot continue gaining levels in this class)
Shake Appeal said:
Games today: -6, -4, -9, +5, -2, -7, -4, -3, -3.

Steadily getting worse and worse at Reach since about two weeks after launch. :lol

isnt that more due to the fact that you are playing with people at the same level as you?

try going into a playlist you've never played and be amazed at how you wipe the floor with everyone :)

GhaleonEB

Raide said:
Thanks also for the blog posts about your progress, really interesting to read.
I think about six people read them, but they're fun to write and the occasional kind word helps motivate. Appreciated. :)

Raide

I only just spotted that the Game Forged competition via HBO actually had my map submitted. :lol I would love to hear the feedback, even if I did not win.

LosDaddie

Banned
ZeroCoin said:

Come on....that really works?

op_ivy said:
isnt that more due to the fact that you are playing with people at the same level as you?

try going into a playlist you've never played and be amazed at how you wipe the floor with everyone :)

Is this true? Does matchmaking start you off "fresh" if you're going into a new playlist?

I thought it still used a Halo 3 style "true skill" number in the background.

PalaceBrother said:
Is this true? Does matchmaking start you off "fresh" if you're going into a new playlist?

I thought it still used a Halo 3 style "true skill" number in the background.

It should work in theory because you have a rank in every game type, it's just invisible.

Willeth said:
Oh man. Saw this in my local GAME today.

http://imgur.com/eQnT1l.jpg
I took this to PAX 08 to get signed for my nephew. He was really really into Halo at the time and was super excited to get it signed (yes, even by Paul Russel!). He grew bored of it after his friends migrated to World at War and sold it on to get credit towards FIFA 10.

So this poor little battered and scuffed signed copy of Halo 3 has been sitting in the preowned section of my local GAME for months, and no-one wants it, even at a tenner. Very sad.

*singletear*

Wait, he literally traded it in, it has no value to him what so ever even with the signatures!??

Willeth pick that up, that will be worth more than a tenner, im telling you. Reason its probably gone unpurchased is because its been scribbled all over. :lol Most people will go for the cleaner looking copy next to it.

Deadly Cyclone

Pride of Iowa State
Haven't been able to make customs but I finally have my map (my first forge map) working (called "The Isle") and need to test it because I have never done this before so the weapon placement might be terrible. :D

May do it this week, or Sunday night.

Willeth

bobs99 ... said:
Willeth pick that up, that will be worth more than a tenner, im telling you. Reason its probably gone unpurchased is because its been scribbled all over. :lol Most people will go for the cleaner looking copy next to it.
Nah. Modern things that have been signed have no monetary worth precisely because you have lines and lines of people getting them done.

GhaleonEB said:
I think about six people read them, but they're fun to write and the occasional kind word helps motivate. Appreciated. :)
I read it, it's good stuff.

Grimm Fandango said:
:lol

But her voice actor though...

http://i56.tinypic.com/2uhaeqa.jpg[IMG]

homina homina homina

Wish I was in the recording room when she was.[/QUOTE]Holy shit, mind blown. I had no idea the chick from Veronica Mars was Kat.

LosDaddie

Banned
SolidEyeSystem said:
It works, I did it the last time we had this office of not dying challenge.

OK. Great :D

So you just play the campaign like normal (dying & all) and just before the mission ends, you Save and Quit and then immediately Resume Solo Campaign. Right?

Man I'd love to get these credits but also that blue avatar helmet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom