• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
LosDaddie said:
OK. Great :D

So you just play the campaign like normal (dying & all) and just before the mission ends, you Save and Quit and then immediately Resume Solo Campaign. Right?

Man I'd love to get these credits but also that blue avatar helmet
Yeah, just make sure not to die when you resume the campaign. If you do die, just save and quit and resume it again.

LosDaddie said:
So you just play the campaign like normal (dying & all) and just before the mission ends, you Save and Quit and then immediately Resume Solo Campaign. Right?
That's wild. I actually think I'm going to take a stab at this challenge today! I'm only ~11000 credits before I hit Lt. Colonel Grade 3, so this is going to help out tons towards reaching that goal today. :D

Ramirez

squidhands said:
No kidding. Holy crap, rockets just shouldn't be that plentiful on any map.

Tell me about it, I got both rocket spawns twice, which is 6 rockets per spawn. :lol I only managed to get the fountain one the last time, it only has 2 in it. What's funny is that the top team has a clear advantage in getting to them first pretty much every time as well.

Asylum kinda needs fixing - people have been climbing up the rock face, which can be pretty annoying in Swat. I have the video if anyone wants to check it out, but just putting a few more rocks to block the paths on the cliffface should do it.

On another note, this is the first time ive really played player vs player this week and I just got Like Mike, yaaay. :p

GhaleonEB

Thought I'd mention that none of the Score Attack games I played last night or this morning are part of my game history or Service Record on bungie.net. So the two games of Gruntocalypse and a campaign mission that did record are the only of the past ten or so games that transferred to bungie.net.

Given that the entire point of Score Attack is to push my score up over and over and savor the stats, I'm done with the game mode until the problem is fixed. It's very frustrating to have an excellent, personal best game and not have it count. I'm hoping the issue is addressed in today's update.

Trasher

GhaleonEB said:
Thought I'd mention that none of the Score Attack games I played last night or this morning are part of my game history or Service Record on bungie.net. So the two games of Gruntocalypse and a campaign mission that did record are the only of the past ten or so games that transferred to bungie.net.

Given that the entire point of Score Attack is to push my score up over and over and savor the stats, I'm done with the game mode until the problem is fixed. It's very frustrating to have an excellent, personal best game and not have it count. I'm hoping the issue is addressed in today's update.
Score Attack hates you, dude.

GhaleonEB

Trasher said:
Score Attack hates you, dude.
It's trying to shame me. The only games recording are Gruntocalypse, when I only played them to get the daily challenge. All those Mythic Attack games? Noooooooo

If I kept going my game history would be one long list of Gruntocalypse and then I'd have to turn over my man card.

Played a SWAT game on Cliffhanger yesterday, it can be summed up as:

Spawn camp or be spawn camped.

=/

Did some Score Attack on Glacier, the slow-down, my god. Must be even worse in Firefight MM.

zumphry

Banned
Gui, if you got on just because you saw me online waiting in Campaign lobby, well, then...:lol

whenever it's nightfall again you can carry me. fuck the powerhouse section.

Trasher said:
How does Mythic Attack work again?

Like Score Attack, just with the mythic skull on I believe. And it gives the exact same amount of credits as normal, because scaling that based on the difficulty would be too sensible and obvious.

chess

Trasher said:
The first game I played today for the challenges I went into Multi Team too, but only got 7 double kills
and three triple kills :)

13 rocket kills with no multi-kills? Damn that's a lot of rockets. :lol

Glad to see you didn't quit this time. :p

Trasher said:
How does Mythic Attack work again?

Its just like normal Score Attack, but the Mythic skull is turned on so enemies have double health. I wanna see the return of Crash Site, that mode was a little more fun in my opinion.

Ghaleon you cant really treat Score Attack scores as something to really use as a leaderboard for competition. It seems inconsistant, like some games im sure there are more enemies than others? If not more enemies, there are different classes of enemies.

Either way im now a Colenal offline, Brigadier is apparently 500K away, oh no. :(

Photolysis said:
Like Score Attack, just with the mythic skull on I believe. And it gives the exact same amount of credits as normal, because scaling that based on the difficulty would be too sensible and obvious.
Yeah. Screw that, they should at least give 2x the points.

Oh well. I'm used to this kind of thing, since completing a campaign mission on Legendary only gives you like 70 cR. =(

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
GhaleonEB said:
It's trying to shame me. The only games recording are Gruntocalypse, when I only played them to get the daily challenge. All those Mythic Attack games? Noooooooo

If I kept going my game history would be one long list of Gruntocalypse and then I'd have to turn over my man card.
Gossett says the fix should be in shortly. It's only affecting the newly updated playlist offerings. Absolute latest the fix will be in is next Tuesday.

Gui_PT said:
It is impossible to play a match without quitters. This really really needs fixing

Without playlist specific ranks, it never will be, and will probably get worse as the game ages.

The current ranks do not tell the system (trueskill or whatever) if that person is going to quit or betray etc., only how many credits they have. I could play BTB for a straight year and maintain a 4.0 k/d and still be teamed up with people who quit left and right.

I absolutely hate this about the game and it still baffles me as a purposeful decision.

Trasher

chess said:
I'm just giving you a hard time about this game.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/GameStats.aspx?gameid=28653693&player=Harmonic 5150

Way back on launch week I was thinking...that tag is familar and pretty good player...then you dropped/quit. Just poking fun.
I probably got booted by my teammate. It looks like I might have had a betrayal. :lol

When I first read your post I thought maybe you were in a game I was in earlier today that I quit out of. I was trying to get the 77 kill challenge completed, but I got a second game of Rocket Race in a row and was not very happy about it. I think that was maybe the only game I legit quit out of in Reach haha.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Gossett says the fix should be in shortly. It's only affecting the newly updated playlist offerings. Absolute latest the fix will be in is next Tuesday.
Thanks for looking into it, good to know it's been identified.
urk said:
Thanks for looking into it, good to know it's been identified.
bobs99 ... said:
Ghaleon you cant really treat Score Attack scores as something to really use as a leaderboard for competition. It seems inconsistant, like some games im sure there are more enemies than others? If not more enemies, there are different classes of enemies.
It's quite consistent. The enemy count seems to vary slightly based on the post game report because dudes that kill each other or themselves don't count as a kill if you haven't done any damage to them.

I believe some individual squads such as the boss wave can vary in mix, but not number, slightly.

LordAlu

Devolution said:
Played a SWAT game on Cliffhanger yesterday, it can be summed up as:

Spawn camp or be spawn camped.

=/

Did some Score Attack on Glacier, the slow-down, my god. Must be even worse in Firefight MM.
I played two on Cliffhanger today and that's exactly what happened to me. Not enjoyable at all.

I got to play Slayer Pro on Atom and really enjoyed it though. It would have been better as normal Slayer, but Pro doesn't bother me too much. Good map, flows well with varying levels and nice sight lines, just wished I saw it in rotation again so I could have another few goes.

Oh, and Sword Base gets worse each time I play it. It just devolves into holding the lift and that top floor area with power weapons. I played a game of CTF on it too and it was terrible, far too small and cramped for it.

aesop

FunkyMunkey said:
Without playlist specific ranks, it never will be, and will probably get worse as the game ages.

The current ranks do not tell the system (trueskill or whatever) if that person is going to quit or betray etc., only how many credits they have. I could play BTB for a straight year and maintain a 4.0 k/d and still be teamed up with people who quit left and right.

I absolutely hate this about the game.
This is wrong. The pretty picture you see by your name isn't used for matchmaking.

feel

got my 1000/1000!!

2cy62iu.jpg

Gui_PT

FunkyMunkey said:

I absolutely hate this about the game and it still baffles me as a purposeful decision.

Yeah, it was an awful decision. I can live with the other problems the game has but this crap is making me not want to play anymore. I can't play one single game where there are no quitters.

Edit: anyone interested in a few matches?

GhaleonEB said:
It's quite consistent. The enemy count seems to vary slightly based on the post game report because dudes that kill each other or themselves don't count as a kill if you haven't done any damage to them.

Overall, I think it averages out pretty well. There is some variation in weapons and squad makeup, which could make it slightly easier or harder. In Gruntpocalypse for instance, you can get the spec ops guys with Plasma Launchers of Fuel Rods. Similarly whether you get Brute captains with Gravity Hammers, Plasma Repeaters, or Spikers. Elites sometimes have Energy Swords.

I don't really see these making any significant difference anyway.

Gui_PT said:
Yeah, it was an awful decision. I can live with the other problems the game has but this crap is making me not want to play anymore. I can't play one single game where there are no quitters.

It has good things and bad things to it. Because the trueskill rank isn't obvious for all to see, there's no point cheating for it. But equally that hides away a very strong incentive for certain players to stick around and try instead of quitting.

Part of the problem as well is that Halo doesn't work well with quitters. In MW2, someone quits and 10 seconds later someone will be along to take their place. In Reach, that's not the case. If a bunch of guys quit, unless you're exceptionally good (or your opponents are exceptionally bad), it's usually best to quit yourself because finishing the game properly isn't worth it.

I'm surprised this wasn't changed from Halo 2. If it's 8 vs 1, is there really much point in wasting everyone's time by forcing the game to carry on to its conclusion, often by running out the clock if it's a slayer game? Why not just allow a team to forfeit?

Halo has been very progressive in certain areas, but after 6 years you'd imagine that a better solution would have been developed to reduce the impact of quitters.

Disguises

Uhoh. I'm being greeted with "Welcome to Noble Team" Message when I started up Reach. Spartan and Armour have been reset too....

Edit: Oh shit, and now my campaign progress is gone. Rank is still intact though. WTF

LordAlu said:
I got to play Slayer Pro on Atom and really enjoyed it though. It would have been better as normal Slayer, but Pro doesn't bother me too much. Good map, flows well with varying levels and nice sight lines, just wished I saw it in rotation again so I could have another few goes.

I'm starting to come around on Cliffhanger but from my first game on Atom I love it. If this is the first taste of community map integration I can't wait to see what else is in store for us. Those two maps really make me feel the need for a "new map proving ground" playlist. Bungie could even release the voting stats to show which were the most popular! Talented Forgers: get to work! My fun demands that you sacrifice your social/professional lives! I love exclamation points!

Disguises said:
Uhoh. I'm being greeted with "Welcome to Noble Team" Message when I started up Reach. Spartan and Armour have been reset too....

Edit: Oh shit, and now my campaign progress is gone. Rank is still intact though. WTF

I knew your cheating ways would come back to haunt you!

j/k No seriously, that sucks dude.

Hugbot

Disguises said:

Yeah, the campaign-erasing bug has happened to a good number of people, a friend of mine included. Shit sucks.

Kuroyume

Banned
People quitted even with playlist ranks. People will quit whenever they're not having fun. Just going to have to deal with it with no drop in...

chess

Letters said:
got my 1000/1000!!

2cy62iu.jpg

I'll never get it. Been sitting on 47/49 for a while now. I'm not even a captain yet much less Lt

Don't have much plans to play more than a few games a week unless something becomes fun again. Actually customs are fun, but no peeps doing those.

Disguises said:

Same thing happened to me. I think the playlist update reset it.

Hugbot

Kuroyume said:
People quitted even with playlist ranks. People will quit whenever they're not having fun. Just going to have to deal with it with no drop in...
We just need harsher matchmaking bans for quitting, coupled with a cR drop. Not as intensely harsh as some people were suggesting way back when, but stuff that goes into effect sooner at least.

And no penalties for quitting out of score attack, that's just straight up dumb.

Trasher

So I did something incredibly stupid. I was checking my rank offline (over halfway through grade three of Commander btw), and I had heard that you were refunded your credits if you bought stuff that was actually locked because of the rank cap. So anyways, I started buying shit just to check stuff out on my Spartan, and I bought stuff that was already unlocked with my current online rank. MISTAKE. So those 500,000 credits I had saved up? All gone. :lol Oh well. It's all cosmetic so I don't really care. Was kinda saving up to get the pestilence armor effect though. Mainly because I've never seen it haha.

Disguises

riceandbeans said:
Same thing happened to me. I think the playlist update reset it.
Hmm...not sure. It was working fine yesterday after the playlist update.
Edit: Fuck it. That was the final straw, I'm done with Reach for a while...

Kuroyume said:

There is a much, much, much lower chance of someone quitting if you're a level 30, and get paired up with other 30s, for example. And if they do quit often enough, they go back down to 25 and you no longer have to play with them.

Right now, everything except two playlists is social matchmaking plain and simple. And with that, you get all the flaws.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Really happy to be able to finally post this.

The first article, in a new ongoing series, takes a look at the Datapads in Halo: Reach. A secret cabal of AI Minds have been operating in the background of the Halo universe - we take a look at this hidden history.

Hope you folks enjoy the read. =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom