• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sean P.

Dear Halo,

Thanks for booting me when I was trying to run away from a kid who kept betraying me and he jumped in front of my warthog. I didnt want to play with my friends anyways.

So dumb.

Sean P. said:
Dear Halo,

Thanks for booting me when I was trying to run away from a kid who kept betraying me and he jumped in front of my warthog. I didnt want to play with my friends anyways.

So dumb.

4GUtA.jpg

Haven't played much Halo multiplayer since 3, so I'm just getting back to it and doing surprisingly well.

The thing is, though, does EVERYONE jump now? Is this considered a legit strategy? I know it's been around forever, but it seems like it is now rampant. I'm kind of trying not to do it because I think it's cheap, but maybe I'm wrong on that. What's the community's thought?

there are some major issues with BTB and invasion that need to be addressed real fucking soon.

you should not be able to spawn right behind someone in IS. shit is ridiculous and is further exacerbated when your battle bro quits and the other team starts camping the spawns.

dunno how they can solve the spawn issue in invasion slayer but i hope they come up with something.

CartridgeBlower said:
Haven't played much Halo multiplayer since 3, so I'm just getting back to it and doing surprisingly well.

The thing is, though, does EVERYONE jump now? Is this considered a legit strategy? I know it's been around forever, but it seems like it is now rampant. I'm kind of trying not to do it because I think it's cheap, but maybe I'm wrong on that. What's the community's thought?

Bungie is considering renaming SWAT to Mexican Jumping Beans.

Not really, but it's a far more accurate title.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
CartridgeBlower said:

Halo is 50% action, 50% movement. Jumping is key to the whole movement aspect. It's not cheap but it is hard to get it right. By not jumping at all you are automatically putting yourself at a major disadvantage compared with everyone else.

Today's challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500 cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Pass the Rock - 1000 cR
Earn 20 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Roast 'em, Toast 'em - 600 cR
Kill 10 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal

J.H. Death Machine - 400 cR
Kill 10 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the Grenade Launcher.

Kuroyume

Banned
WickedLaharl said:
you should not be able to spawn right behind someone in IS. shit is ridiculous and is further exacerbated when your battle bro quits and the other team starts camping the spawns

Do you know how big those maps are? Removing that would be stupid. Anyway, it's not like they can spawn on someone while you're shooting at them. BTB/Invasion does need changes though I agree... Haven't played either recently because of it.

Photolysis said:
Today's challenges:

Shootin' and Lootin' - 1500 cR
Kill 150 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Pass the Rock - 1000 cR
Earn 20 assists today in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Roast 'em, Toast 'em - 600 cR
Kill 10 enemies while jet-packing in Exodus on Normal

J.H. Death Machine - 400 cR
Kill 10 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking with the Grenade Launcher.

Pass on the last two... 400 cR? Really?

Falt

Gui_PT said:
Hope it's not broken like last time.

Out of curiosity, did a fix come out on the day last time?

Kuroyume said:
Pass on the last two... 400 cR? Really?
Don't mind jet packing but I'd say my pro pipe kills are less than double digits in total, I rarely pick it up and for 400cR I'm not exactly motivated to.

Gui_PT

Falt said:

Not to my knowledge.

Edit: Have you noticed that for the jetpack challenge, if you get a triple kill, it only counts as one kill?

Falt said:

Don't mind jet packing but I'd say my pro pipe kills are less than double digits in total, I rarely pick it up and for 400cR I'm not exactly motivated to.

Plus it's horrible against AI :\

The primary fire of the grenade launcher works pretty well in Firefight if you bounce it right. You can take down most enemies in a single direct hit.

The EMP / manual detonation isn't that effective though.

As for the jetpacking, you just need to get a kill whilst engaging the jetpack. You have to be using it at the time of the kill though, or you won't get credit. If you have scoring on, you should see Firebird medals if you did it correctly.

Edit: Have you noticed that for the jetpack challenge, if you get a triple kill, it only counts as one kill?

Didn't notice that when I did it before. But it does come up with the kills individually, so a triple kill will cause it to flash up with 1/10, 2/10, 3/10. Possibly that's what's happening?

Gui_PT

Photolysis said:
Didn't notice that when I did it before. But it does come up with the kills individually, so a triple kill will cause it to flash up with 1/10, 2/10, 3/10. Possibly that's what's happening?

I think a triple kills counts as 1 kill. I have to revert to last save about 5 times at a certain spot to get the kills, even though I get 2 triple kills every time. Btw, I'm not bitching, just pointing something out! =P

TheOddOne

PsychoRaven said:
Ok. WTF did I miss? Frankie committed account suicide? How? Why?
A little scuffle between a mod and Frankie in the Kinect |OT|. Frankie knew what he was doing, so he accepted his faith.

Blueblur1

What sorry ass challenges. I understand using 'Kill x number of dudes' repeatedly but using the same exact Grenade Launcher and Exodus challenges from several weeks ago? That's disappointing. Then again, coming up with 4 unique challenges for everyday of the year is a monumental, impossible task. Ugh.

Blueblur1 said:
What sorry ass challenges. I understand using 'Kill x number of dudes' repeatedly but using the same exact Grenade Launcher and Exodus challenges from several weeks ago? That's disappointing. Then again, coming up with 4 unique challenges for everyday of the year is a monumental, impossible task. Ugh.

Some recycling is understandable. I actually like the generic kill challenges that allow you to pick any game mode. But the extremely specific ones like Jetpacking on Exodus need to have much larger variety. Same with the weapon challenges.

What about challenges like get X melee kills in a Firefight game? Kill X enemies with grenade sticks in a Campaign game? Get 5 kills with a Banshee on Tip of the Spear? Get X kills with a Wraith in Campaign or Firefight?

Much more variety.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Feels like we've seen pretty much all the challenges. Haven't seen anything new except for the link your tag and upload a clip challenges for a long time now.

Kuroyume

Banned
When it comes to campaign stuff I prefer that they be difficult. 4000 for completing something on legendary just using grendaes or the pistol... Something like that. It's a waste to kill a bunch of elites using a jetpack for 600 cR when you could just go into matchmaking and enjoy the game more while also getting more cR. Probably played more of the campaign in Reach due to cR stuff more so than any other Halo game so the campaign stuff needs to be more interesting. They mentioned speed runs a while back but so far the campaign stuff has been boring.

Dani said:
Halo is 50% action, 50% movement. Jumping is key to the whole movement aspect. It's not cheap but it is hard to get it right. By not jumping at all you are automatically putting yourself at a major disadvantage compared with everyone else.

It should be pointed out that jumping at the wrong time can leave you wrongfooted and is actually a pretty bad thing to do. Im not sure about on Reach, but on pretty much every other Halo game, jumping leaves you pretty much exposed (especially to snipers) in the air as it takes an eternity to come back down.

So yeah, jump to your hearts extent, its not cheap and its not as effective as you think either - Jumping should be used kind of tactically.

EDIT: Im gonna pass on those challenges today, I cant wait till they up the stakes a bit. I guess as more people rank up they will adjust the rewards accordingly?

I hate bumper-jumpers, they kill me 80% of the times I encounter them. I can't use bumper-jumper myself because I love jetpacking too much xD. I wish bungie had implemented a full "redefine keys" like older games had... I only want to swap the grenade and jump buttons to be able to jump and aim at the same time...

chapel

Banned
Bah, I log into reach just now, and my save profile is reset... I had to create my spartan from scratch and lost all my campaign progress. WTF...

Gui_PT

molekiller said:
I hate bumper-jumpers, they kill me 80% of the times I encounter them. I can't use bumper-jumper myself because I love jetpacking too much xD. I wish bungie had implemented a full "redefine keys" like older games had... I only want to swap the grenade and jump buttons to be able to jump and aim at the same time...

:lol :lol

Bitching about playing against people with other control schemes. Never change, Gaf.

pringles

For someone who's trying to get up to Lt.Colonel those challenges make me sad.

400cr, 600cr.. bah! Yesterday it was freakin 100cr for one challenge. I'm gonna be Major forever.

molekiller said:

The game tells you what control scheme your opponents are using? News to me...

pringles said:
For someone who's trying to get up to Lt.Colonel those challenges make me sad.

400cr, 600cr.. bah! Yesterday it was freakin 100cr for one challenge. I'm gonna be Major forever.

I actually feel like I am still making good progress despite the rewards being low the last few days. I just hit Major last Thursday or Friday and I am now well on my way between Grade 3 and Lt. Colonel.

I had a pretty weird thing happen to me last night while I was playing some Score Attack. Nothing to do with the game, mind you, but my (older) tv just decided to shut off during the Brute wave. Fortunately I had headphones on, so I could hear them coming into the safe room where I was reloading. I cranked the stick to the left in hopes that I could stay away from them as long as possible until I could get the tv turned back on (fumbling for the remote in a dark room sucks). When the screen finally kicked in, I was surrounded.
A butt clenching moment ensued.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
divisionbyzorro said:
The game tells you what control scheme your opponents are using? News to me...

eh, you can kinda tell. theyre the idiots jumping up and down all the time as you shoot them.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
Scythian Empire said:
My new spartan... Been waiting to get that commando shoulder piece for a long time.

http://i54.tinypic.com/t510e0.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]
why didn't you just link your b.net profile picture.

oh wait.

Yea those weapon stats are always so stupid.

I don't use the AR so any of you will have a better k/d with it than me. Don't think for a second you're better than me at the AR though. I will snipe you from a thousand valhallas with that thing.

chess

Bungie, please at least try a classic halo play list. Use community remakes of all the great halo maps if you need to. No abilities, camo/overshield on appropriate maps. 4v4 slayer and ctf mix. Old school! I think you would be surprised at how many play it.

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
chess said:
Bungie, please at least try a classic halo play list. Use community remakes of all the great halo maps if you need to. No abilities, camo/overshield on appropriate maps. 4v4 slayer and ctf mix. Old school! I think you would be surprised at how many play it.
Probably as many people that vote for AR starts. >.>

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom