• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
bobs99 ... said:
I want to know which post he got banned for, the one in the Kinect thread wasnt exactly ban worthy.

Either way it sucks not having him around, he was a really good source of stuff. :(

Fear not, he'll be back.

Check the last page.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
No perma? Oh ok, I'm sure he deserved it then :p

edit: Played a bunch of Arena today. I'm so shot, I got shit on all day lol

So, does the rumor about the Slot Machine dealing out extremely high values of credits have any truth to it?

If so, is it Multiplayer only, or does Firefight matchmaking partake in the loving?

Amir0x

Banned
Plywood said:
I wish we could know where our account stands, like if we're on the verge of being banned or something.

How is my account standing sir? :p

Anyway, glad to hear Frankie isn't permabanned. :D

yeah i -like- Frankie and he doesn't have a history of misbehavior or anything.

Willeth

bobs99 ... said:
Got a link to that, I have to see that. Cant wait for Franks return by the way.
Oh Christ, it was ages ago, it's probably been purged by now - maybe even on an older bit of software - I might not be remembering it correctly. Basically, you remember how Bungie planted clues for the Halo 2 ARG all over a load of different fan forums? They asked one of the mods at PA if they could do it there, and of course, the answer was yes. Problem is, he didn't tell any of the other mods. So the post gets made, another mod sees it, assumes it's just some advertising shill posting stuff about Halo 2 and swings the banhammer.

JPBrowncoat probably remembers more than I do, I think he was around then as well.

Willeth said:
Oh Christ, it was ages ago, it's probably been purged by now - maybe even on an older bit of software - I might not be remembering it correctly. Basically, you remember how Bungie planted clues for the Halo 2 ARG all over a load of different fan forums? They asked one of the mods at PA if they could do it there, and of course, the answer was yes. Problem is, he didn't tell any of the other mods. So the post gets made, another mod sees it, assumes it's just some advertising shill posting stuff about Halo 2 and swings the banhammer.

JPBrowncoat probably remembers more than I do, I think he was around then as well.

Oh haha, I assumed it would be something more dramatic and unreasonable than that. :lol

Fair play to the mods, if it seemed like advertising.

So how does the new Jackpot thing work? I guess every slot machine now has the chance to be huge? Or does it actually change player by player based on who's quit more?

Zennshi said:
2399108 cR in 50 Days, = 47982,16 cR a Day thats just crazy .
What sort of math are you working with here.

edit: Welp I am an idiot... I saw the comma and assumed... well lets just leave it at I am an idiot.

In other news - Good to hear Frankie will be back!

CougRon

Was thrilled to learn yesterday that the Arena qualifications had changed. Doing 10 days in a season was proving to be quite difficult for me, just barely got it in season 2. November was going to be especially tough to qualify for since I was going to be out-of-country for the latter half but the new time should be doable. My first two arena games went fairly well I think... and then I played the three worst arena games I have ever played. WTF?!? I hope that was just bad luck. I should be able to play again tonight and hopefully I'll do better.

R_GILL said:
Ha I was checking his medals and saw that he had like 60 something perfection and said WTF. Then I saw his game history and saw that he is just one of those guys who plays with a friend and they kill each others guest accounts. Honestly how is that fun?

Does Bungie not ban for that?

So how does this new match bonus thing work? Do you have to stay in x games in a row to get it?

If so im super pissed. I just got booted for accidently driving into a teammate when picking him up. :( He comes running to my hog and then boots me when I accidently run him over taking it to him, nice.

Hydranockz said:
No, because he is just gonna sell that account and start again :p

Lets say he sells it now for 1000$, woo barely 2$ an hour.

edit: why would anyone buy an account now unless someone sells a 5 season onyx account or something? even then when they play they will just be back to their skill level.

MrDaravon

Hey urk, do we know anything about the daily cR cap being raised/removed? With the increased Game Complete bonuses at higher ranks (I'm getting noticeably more cR at Colonel Grade 2, about twice what my Major Grade 2 gets in the same game) the current ~60k cR cap starts to get tight. With the increased bonuses I'm clearing 1,500-2,000 cR a game. You factor in Commendations and Challenges 60k starts to seem like not a whole lot.

Also the only thing that concerns me regarding the jackpot thing is I'm worried that getting booted for accidental betrayals will "reset" it. Obviously betrayal quits should count, but I hope they give you some sort of leeway. It doesn't happen frequently, but I had maybe 2 accidental betrayals today, and if either one of them had booted me and reset my jackpot streak that would be a bummer.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
SailorDaravon said:
Also the only thing that concerns me regarding the jackpot thing is I'm worried that getting booted for accidental betrayals will "reset" it. Obviously betrayal quits should count, but I hope they give you some sort of leeway. It doesn't happen frequently, but I had maybe 2 accidental betrayals today, and if either one of them had booted me and reset my jackpot streak that would be a bummer.

I think this is how the "Jackpot cR Payout" works.

You know the Slot Machine bonus at the end of every match? Everyone on the team gets the same amount, and it's random. However if you quit out of the game you do not get the Slot Machine bonus for that game.

Jackpot payout is simply a chance in this Slot Machine to get a big payout at random, I don't think your "quit record" will affect it (it might though!). So if you stay until the end of a game, you get a chance, with the rest of your team, to hit the jackpot or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom