• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roche

Yeah I really can't understand Frankie committing account suicide, what motivations would he have? He's been around the site for years seems like a weird way to leave. I could see him saying he was committing account suicide in an offhand way as a joke because he was annoying Amir0x, but intentionally killing his own account just doesn't make sense.

RIP I guess.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Rocking the Pilot with the black visor and full accessories with the attachments, set me back like 470,000 credits - I was actually waiting to get the Security helmet since that was my number one favorite, but since it takes 2,000,000 to get to General anyways, I said screw it and bought it since I have everything else on my Spartan that I wanted...

That boosted General Grade 2 is ridiculous though, wow.

Oh and, Frankie noooooooooooooooooo! :(

Thanks for the Halo 3 Beta code, friend... :(

It really had to be that people were saying stupid shit in the Kinect thread for him to say whatever he said, I wouldn't know since I haven't been in that thread once yet, but that is very uncharacteristic of him...

feel

Roche178 said:
Yeah I really can't understand Frankie committing account suicide, what motivations would he have? He's been around the site for years seems like a weird way to leave. I could see him saying he was committing account suicide in an offhand way as a joke because he was annoying Amir0x, but intentionally killing his own account just doesn't make sense.

RIP I guess.
This is exactly what I was thinking. No way he would actually want to do account suicide. This seriously sucks.

Blueblur1

Sill4 said:
Don't know. Seems like he got banned for telling a mod that he was wrong. I guess we'll never know for sure since the mysterious post was deleted.

Also, Halo Reach and brutes and need more invasion maps etc.
Was it that thread from like a week ago where he posted in response to mod who posted a thread that had a link to a story that the mod might have not completely read?

Mister Chief does not approve of Frankie's ban!

MisterChief1.jpg

Ah whatever, hope we see him on other forums.

SailorDaravon said:
I wonder what the hell he posted (and apparently intentionally so) to suicide his account? Weird.

Yeah, I'm wondering also. That Kinect thread right now just seems like a troll area for the product if you ask me, instead of good serious discussion about it. :/

Chinner

Banned
i'll miss frankie. regarding the circumstances of frankie being banned well it's pretty questionable but i wouldn't go around asking questions but i wouldn't go around asking questions or mods will probably get banned :(

FourDoor

I'm still curious as to what he posted to be considered "account suicide" to warrant a perma ban.

As much negativity that post may have included, I'm sure his insights into MS and Halo that he shares with GAF far outweighs it.

I just feel like we lost a not only a good friend here but a great resource as to when 343 starts talking about where Halo will go next.

Bye Frankie. I'll give you a 21 gun salute in Reach tomorrow. And I'll make sure every shot sprays a shower of confetti and spreads joy to every child in the world. :(

Sucks to see someone like Frankie get a ban... Especially when it seems to be uncalled for.

I am basing my opinion off what I can see, since his apparent suicide post was deleted I cannot be sure... But from what I could tell up until that point Frankie was just defending MS essentially.

Jinjo

Sooo....Who completed challenge number 117.000.000?

I had an absolutely epic comeback a few matches ago. The score was 48-42 and we won with 50-49, thanks to a nicely placed double sniper headshot.. Seriously nail-biting stuff.

A while back I also had a pretty cool assassination in the elevators of the Spire. Renders are optional for both films, but very much appreciated. :D

The rank lift hits too soon. Now I have to decide between the black visor for my EVA helmet or the Commander helmet. I wanted the commander helmet since the start of the game, but it has taken so long that now I don't even know if I want it.:lol

Stinkles...
A sad day for HaloGAF, he's been such a great voice for 343/info while being an awesome poster when it comes to just about anything.

Sadface.

So happy with the new armor unlocks. My spartan looks damn sexy with that pilot helmet. Will post a picture when I get online...

Also, what the fuck happened with Frankie?

LAUGHTREY

Modesty becomes a woman
GarthVaderUK said:
Frankie! :'(

What did he say in the post that was so bad?

Looks like he said that MS will come through with core/harcore titles, not just kinect, Amir0x said prove it and Frankie just said trust me, your speculation is wrong.

So he got banned because he didn't announce as-of-yet announced games. :\

Amir0x

Banned
Zeouterlimits said:
Frankie seemingly said in the Kinect thread something like "I'm committing account suicide."
Amir0x did as a mod would and perma'd the account.

Read down from here.

It's only a very short ban, don't fear. He just started whining and bitching about on topic discussion, clearly because he is biased in the proceedings, and went off on a mini rant and said "I know I'm committing account suicide, but fuck it, here I gooo" etc etc. The post in question had to be deleted.

He's a good guy, can't really fault him for being too intertwined with the company he has worked for for so long to really be objective.

LAUGHTREY said:
Looks like he said that MS will come through with core/harcore titles, not just kinect, Amir0x said prove it and Frankie just said trust me, your speculation is wrong.

So he got banned because he didn't announce as-of-yet announced games. :\

No, that's not why he got banned. The post he got banned for had to be deleted.

Amir0x said:
It's only a very short ban, don't fear. He just started whining and bitching about on topic discussion, clearly because he is biased in the proceedings, and went off on a mini rant and said "I know I'm committing account suicide, but fuck it, here I gooo" etc etc. The post in question had to be deleted.

He's a good guy, can't really fault him for being too intertwined with the company he has worked for for so long to really be objective.

That's good to know, Frankie is an important member (/snitch for 343 products ;) I kid) in our not so little HaloGAF community and he would have been sorely missed. We await your return Frankie!

Amir0x

Banned
I did not even close to perma the account wow :lol

jesus this is why we don't have ban discussions. you people basically make shit up in the absence of information. Just keep attention on your own accounts :lol

Amir0x said:
Cool, thanks for clarifying.

<3 Stinkles.

Amir0x said:
Nice edit :p

Amir0x said:

hal-9000-eye.jpg

Sorry, after reading this identical phrase maybe five times in as many posts, I started reading it in this voice :lol

Sai-kun

Banned
Amir0x said:

jesus this is why we don't have ban discussions. you people basically make shit up in the absence of information. Just keep attention on your own accounts :lol

oh god what about my account am i banned?

is dax banned?

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Amir0x said:

I wish we could know where our account stands, like if we're on the verge of being banned or something.

How is my account standing sir? :p

Anyway, glad to hear Frankie isn't permabanned. :D

feel

Yay!! :D

Thanks for clarifying Amir0x.

And some kid in a mm lobby I was in got mocked to hell and back for being a Brigadier already. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom