• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aggrotek

Does anyone else think Military Police looks like a duck?

4xTxf.jpg

cuevas said:
and no, that does not look like a duck, at all.

Maybe I should lay off the hallucinogens.

electricpirate said:
U crazy enzo atom rawks :) cliffside sucks though.

Re free maps in doom and duke, how many of those were from the developers? How many were new projects with totally hand built geometry and textures? Those were only slightly harder to build than forge maps, and like forge maps there was a huge deluge of them, mostly shitty. Bungie is actually spending time to vet forge maps (through forgetacular now other methods later) , and add them to the rotation. You dont pay a dime, but bungie is dropping real man hours into that process.

So yea, free content, you are getting it.

Not to mention things like playlists updates. They actually take the time to give people what they want post-launch (and they did for a long time in halo 3 too). It might not be that hard to do but they could completely ignore people. They could not add/change playlists, gametypes, forge maps, ect but they do instead of just adding DLC maps later.

and no, that does not look like a duck, at all.

Dani said:
You're complaining and demanding answers of the developers because some internet teen made your virtual alien tank go bang?
:lol :lol

You on drugs, mate?

Yes. Yes I am. :(

Just wished that that had been taken in to consideration with the friendly fire. People would still find ways to be dicks (standing/jumping in front of the Wraith as it moves forward to get a betrayal seems to be a favourite too... friendly fire doesn't stop you from running your own team over), but at least they'd find it harder.

Dani said:
You're complaining and demanding answers of the developers because some internet teen made your virtual alien tank go bang?
:lol :lol

You on drugs, mate?

Caramell_Dansen___Chief__by_dragonsmoke.gif
This post is amazing.

Photolysis said:
So, Bungie...

Why can players grief me by blowing up my Wraith in Firefight, even with friendly fire disabled?

(Yes, it was clearly deliberate, some fucking pricks took exception to me using one and deliberately blew my Wraith up)
This happened to me three firefight games in a row :(

Sibylus

Banned
Dax01 said:
Player investment in Reach is a lot of fun. Because of the daily challenges, I play campaign missions with different sets of skulls on, something I never did in Reach. Incentive is a lot of fun.
*tweaks moustache*

Parasite!

kaskade said:
These warrant officer ranks are taking foreverrrrrrr.

Just wait till you reach Colonel and higher :D

Good to see that Bungie map creators use a Design brief-like method to build their maps. Making sketches and using Sketchup is always a good way to design buildings and landscapes. No need for fancy 3D rendering programs.

oatmeal

Banned
Ugh...so mad.

Playing doubles (BTW, thank you Bungie for getting voting back in!) and we were down 23-18, and had an epic comeback. Tied it at 23-23 (Sword Base)....I had the shotgun by the yellow elevator, and then the connection drops and I go tot he connection screen...and it just stays there until the game ends and I go to the postgame and the other team is calling us names and mocking us. I'm like "WTF happened?" and my friend said that we lost.

They just never let me back into the game. :(

So how exactly does the credit jackpot bonus for people who dont quit work?

Because ive been playing Firefight and everyone on my team quit, screw playing solo for half an hour, normally in that situation I would also leave. Today though I just left my controller and did stuff I needed to do for about half an hour, turns out I died 75 times while afk, yaaay. I know this is kinda my fualt for not playing, but its just not fun playing a full 30 minuite game solo. (To theyre credit they probably quit while I was away from controller for like 5 mins while on the phone).

Problem is I have the exact same problem now, right now I have 18 minuites of a Firefight game left that everyone else has quite out of. Can I safely quit without it affecting my chance of getting the jackpot or should I time this game out while doing something afk?

EDIT: I killed every enemy and left 1 hammer brute alive so I could jetpack to a high ledge and leave my player in a epic standoff against him. :lol

Seriously though, is it safe to quit these kind of situations? Or will it reset my Jackpot bonus thingy?

Somnid

I like invasion but I'm really getting sick of it. The lack of maps is a real problem, and even though there are 2 everyone picks Boneyard. The map's flaws are really coming through. Boneyard starts the Elites at a huge disadvantage because the Spartans can see the whole field (complete with DMRs), there are only 2 choke points (unlike the 3 on Spire) and you can't take cover while you are in objective zone (grenade bait). A rather annoying strategy I've started seeing is Spartan A stays up top with the DMR while Spartan B spawn camps the cliff-side spawn with grenades. You pretty much start out taking damage and even if you can fight B, A takes you out.

Luckily not many people know about jumping up on the orange generators and into the rafters. From there you get a top view of both objectives and so you can kill the elites without them knowing you are there as well as speed through the middle without obstacles. It's only a matter of time...

MrBig

bobs99 ... said:
So how exactly does the credit jackpot bonus for people who dont quit work?

Because ive been playing Firefight and everyone on my team quit, screw playing solo for half an hour, normally in that situation I would also leave. Today though I just left my controller and did stuff I needed to do for about half an hour, turns out I died 75 times while afk, yaaay. I know this is kinda my fualt for not playing, but its just not fun playing a full 30 minuite game solo. (To theyre credit they probably quit while I was away from controller for like 5 mins while on the phone).

Problem is I have the exact same problem now, right now I have 18 minuites of a Firefight game left that everyone else has quite out of. Can I safely quit without it affecting my chance of getting the jackpot or should I time this game out while doing something afk?

EDIT: I killed every enemy and left 1 hammer brute alive so I could jetpack to a high ledge and leave my player in a epic standoff against him. :lol

Seriously though, is it safe to quit these kind of situations? Or will it reset my Jackpot bonus thingy?
Is it really that big of a deal? It's not going on your permanent record or anything.

MrBig said:
Is it really that big of a deal? It's not going on your permanent record or anything.

If I can get like a HUGE bonus im willing to time out a game by doing stuff I need to do. Its not a problem at all, and I dont care about my K/D ratio. If im just too busy to really commit to multiplayer ill play Firefight, so generally its not a problem to time out games while actually doing other stuff.

Thing is, I would kind of prefer to quit and just play another match, depends on how the Jackpot thing works really.

Kuroyume

Banned
DJ Lushious said:
However, I don't see how anyone can make the argument that Reach has a stellar map collection. Compare it against any other Halo game and it's even more frustrating. Not to mention that the maps are, literally, pulled straight out of campaign maps..

Better than Halo 3 easily... That may not be saying much but there you go. I still don't see the problem with them using campaign spaces unless you play campaign all the time.

GhaleonEB

Kuroyume said:
Better than Halo 3 easily... That may not be saying much but there you go. I still don't see the problem with them using campaign spaces unless you play campaign all the time.
And the MP maps - with the exception of Boneyard - were all built as MP maps, and added to campaign, not the other way around.

I can't speak to the rest of the map set, but Halo 3's BTB shipping maps were stronger.

MrBig

Kuroyume said:
MP maps were forced into the campaign, not taken from it.

GhaleonEB said:
And the MP maps - with the exception of Boneyard - were all built as MP maps, and added to campaign, not the other way around.

I can't speak to the rest of the map set, but Halo 3's BTB shipping maps were stronger.

In halo 3 I always enjoyed joining a game no matter what map it was in BTB, now I cry if I join that playlist.

Striker

GhaleonEB said:

Which had one good BTB map until Avalanche got released. Two solid BTB maps in its three year life cycle. Rather disappointing, especially after having 5+ awesome ones for Halo 2.

Hopefully Tempest and Breakpoint add more life, since Paradiso and Hemorrhage are the only ones suitable for right now - at least until Spire and Boneyard get re-arranged.

Somnid said:
I like invasion but I'm really getting sick of it. The lack of maps is a real problem, and even though there are 2 everyone picks Boneyard. The map's flaws are really coming through. Boneyard starts the Elites at a huge disadvantage because the Spartans can see the whole field (complete with DMRs), there are only 2 choke points (unlike the 3 on Spire) and you can't take cover while you are in objective zone (grenade bait). A rather annoying strategy I've started seeing is Spartan A stays up top with the DMR while Spartan B spawn camps the cliff-side spawn with grenades. You pretty much start out taking damage and even if you can fight B, A takes you out.

Luckily not many people know about jumping up on the orange generators and into the rafters. From there you get a top view of both objectives and so you can kill the elites without them knowing you are there as well as speed through the middle without obstacles. It's only a matter of time...
That's now how it's been for me. Upwards of 70% of my Invasion games are played on Spire. From my experience, it's by far the most popular choice.

xxjuicesxx said:
Yea I'm going to listen to Bungie about Map Design...

:lol :lol :lol
Yeah Cage is a really cool map bro.

And Paradiso is just the best Halo map ever.

Oh and Atom is amazing, I'm so glad this was the first community map they chose. Clearly its the best made out there.

Why For? said:
Have they already hinted at the fact that they think it was silly?
They are not going to hint at that for another few years. It would be silly to. They didn't ship Halo 2 and admit there were cuts (Texture popping etc.) made a few months after it's release.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
pringles said:
Armor Lock is the only good thing about Reach.
Destroying and staggering the flow of combat is the only good thing about Reach?

As advantageous as it is at times, it does indeed ruin that flow of combat.

Why For?

Banned
So fucking awkward is Armour lock.

You see a whole bunch of shit about to go down, and then one or two guys pop armour lock, and everyone stands around watching each other jerk off while they all wait for the armour lock to finish :lol

I'm sure AL was good in theory, and the first trailer made it look awesome ("Wow! That Ghost ran right into me and explodededed!") But seriously, I've played campaign twice now and didn't do that ONCE, nor did a genuinely good opportunity come up to do so.

Just patch it out of the game guys and call it a day, we all use sprint anyway.

Somnid

Dax01 said:
That's now how it's been for me. Upwards of 70% of my Invasion games are played on Spire. From my experience, it's by far the most popular choice.

According to b.net my last 7 games have been Boneyard. Not even an invasion slayer to break it up. I wish I had your luck.

Why For? said:
Armour lock is one of those things where Bungie will look back on in a few years and admit it was stupid.

To be honest, im sitting back and just wondering what the designers at 343 Industries thinks of it. I REALLY hope they stick with the timeline and try and have some continiuty between Halo 3 and Halo 4. After all wasnt the tech behind armour lock lost after Reach fell. :lol

Insaniac

armor lock is amazing when used properly, played a bunch of team slayer games where we would strategically stick together and armorlock when we were near death, we managed to win almost all the games 50-25ish by keeping our deaths low

of course it gets stupid and annoying when a lone player uses it

Insaniac said:
armor lock is amazing when used properly, played a bunch of team slayer games where we would strategically stick together and armorlock when we were near death, we managed to win almost all the games 50-25ish by keeping our deaths low

of course it gets stupid and annoying when a lone player uses it

Nah, I find it more annoying when an entire team use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom