• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

LosDaddie

Banned
So my internets was being kinda wonky last night and I got booted from my last game of Rumble Pit. I talking about being fully disconnected from XBL near the end of the match. I eventually had to restart my modem & router to get back online.

Does that count as a quit for me? Reach still gave me the credits after the match.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Genesis Knight said:
I do know that the CoD launch in the Midwest where I live was huge compared to Reach. Take that how you will.
Taken....thanks

I think I'm gonna get a division in Arena this season. I gotta stop playing with my teammates though, they're much better slayers than I am and since assists are janky, support players get the shaft. We still win most games so I'll probably still pull Onyx.

Tashi if you know, how do the levels of halo 3 roughly correspond to the arena divisions in reach? I was a 46 at my best in team slayer in 3. Would that be good enough for silver?

LosDaddie said:
Does that count as a quit for me? Reach still gave me the credits after the match.
I think only Bungie could answer that definitively but I think the fact that you got credits make it less likely to be considered a quit.

Ramirez

If you were a good player in Halo 3, I don't think there's any way possible you could get anything below Gold. Anytime I got matched with Silver and below it was a complete dong fest, the competition drops off a pretty big cliff before Gold...

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Ramirez said:
If you were a good player in Halo 3, I don't think there's any way possible you could get anything below Gold. Anytime I got matched with Silver and below it was a complete dong fest, the competition drops off a pretty big cliff before Gold...
Yea I agree. Onyx should be pretty easy to get if you were like above a level 40 in Halo 3. It's confusing to me because I've destroyed guys before only to find that they're Onyx when I was expecting them to be Gold or something.

equil

Tashi0106 said:
Yea I agree. Onyx should be pretty easy to get if you were like above a level 40 in Halo 3. It's confusing to me because I've destroyed guys before only to find that they're Onyx when I was expecting them to be Gold or something.

Then again not everyone has amazing games all the time.

feel

Genesis Knight said:
I do know that the CoD launch in the Midwest where I live was huge compared to Reach. Take that how you will.
That's expected, Call of Duty attracts more people than Halo nowadays. We try not to judge the bad taste of these people though. :p

Tashi0106 said:

I had 45ish in all playlists and arena is just dreadful. I have not been able to get a division in reach because I just get annoyed by AL. My buddy and I played some games in halo 3 today and EVERYONE in there is just awful. The 40's we were playing with have to be some of the worst people I have seen play halo.

MrBig

cuevas said:
I had 45ish in all playlists and arena is just dreadful. I have not been able to get a division in reach because I just get annoyed by AL. My buddy and I played some games in halo 3 today and EVERYONE in there is just awful. The 40's we were playing with have to be some of the worst people I have seen play halo.
Maybe i should go in and bring my 45 in Lone Wolves up to 50 so that I can finally get General :lol

MrBig said:
Maybe i should go in and bring my 45 in Lone Wolves up to 50 so that I can finally get General :lol

I think i'll work my way up to 50 in MLG since I wasn't playing anymore when they brought it in and I should be able to get it up in a couple days.

MMaRsu

Still coming in first though.. not every game but I'm usually in or near the best 3 of the game :).

darthbob said:
What rank are you?

(I know rank != skill, but still)

Warrant Officer Grade 3.. I quit for awhile but I'm back now.

GM Bullfrog said:
Not sure if anyone else has hit it yet in Score Attack, but I just got a 7,882 jackpot in it!
That's awesome. I've been wondering if Score Attack was immune to the jackpot. Which gametype were you playing?

LosDaddie

Banned
MMaRsu said:
Goddamnit I'm searching for skill and all I'm matched up against are lt colonels, majors and all that shit.

I'm only at Captain G2 and I seem to get matched up against Lt Colonels and Majors all the time. I still do OK...I think. I'm sure I'm a scrub compared to most of HaloGAF though

Gui_PT

GM Bullfrog said:
Not sure if anyone else has hit it yet in Score Attack, but I just got a 7,882 jackpot in it!

That's awesome!

Just sucks that I've played for a straight week without quitting and haven't seen a single bonus jackpot :lol

GhaleonEB said:
Awesome, I was hoping it was in there. I should get it eventually, as I do a few games each day.

I did another entry on the Forge blog, BTW. Basically covering a big chunk of the revisions that went into Crossroads before last week's customs.

Your iterative thought process is so damn interesting.

Just curious, what gametypes did you target outside of 2 flag/assault? Seems like it would be great for Invasion Slayer, but I know that you don't really dig the gametype.

GhaleonEB

electricpirate said:
Your iterative thought process is so damn interesting.

Just curious, what gametypes did you target outside of 2 flag/assault? Seems like it would be great for Invasion Slayer, but I know that you don't really dig the gametype.
So far I've built out Slayer, CTF (2-flag), Neutral Assault, Two-Bomb Assault and Stockpile.

I hadn't thought of Invasion Slayer, but you're right - that would work pretty good. I think I'll try a version of it out. And it should get me warmed up on the tools for an Invasion map, which I'm going to try for map #3. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

I'm done with Crossroads otherwise, so I should have that ready for customs this weekend.

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Letters said:
That's expected, Call of Duty attracts more people than Halo nowadays. We try not to judge the bad taste of these people though. :p

:lol

One thing I will say, the theater mode in black ops is EXACTLY what it should have been in reach.

Jinjo

I had this pretty awesome assassination today.

I'll leave this screen as a tease
and to show off my new spartan after hitting commander 2 days ago.

dm5h77.jpg

A render would be very much appreciated if someone still has some minutes laying around they're not using.:D

GhaleonEB said:
So far I've built out Slayer, CTF (2-flag), Neutral Assault, Two-Bomb Assault and Stockpile.

I hadn't thought of Invasion Slayer, but you're right - that would work pretty good. I think I'll try a version of it out. And it should get me warmed up on the tools for an Invasion map, which I'm going to try for map #3. Thanks for the suggestion. :D

I'm done with Crossroads otherwise, so I should have that ready for customs this weekend.
Hey Ghaleon, I don't know if this has been said already but the Revenant launching glitch isn't just in forge maps.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6879502&player=Syracuse022

Looks like it can happen anywhere.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Self Induced said:
Hey Ghaleon, I don't know if this has been said already but the Revenant launching glitch isn't just in forge maps.

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=6879502&player=Syracuse022

Looks like it can happen anywhere.

True but it happened in 100% of the games on Ghal's map, sometimes multiple times per game. It was just impossible to work it out to have the Revenant on his map without a serious, potentially game altering, random spaz moment every game. :lol

I keep saying it, hopefully eventually I wont have to. When are weekend playlists coming back? Whether double Cr or not, I miss them.

Genesis Knight said:

Not that it means much, but here at my local GS it was about half the size of Reach.

Oozer3993

Tashi0106 said:

I was a 45 in Halo 3 and got placed in Bronze last season :(

zumphry

Banned
Falt said:
That's a pity.

Jason Jones, Joe Staten and Marty O'Donnell ripping on each other for 2+ hours made the H3 commentary. Jason Jones full stop. I don't know why, but I'm facinated by him.

(paraphrasing) "I'm not going to talk until someone shoots a Grunt in the face."

Botolf said:
Anyone have about 15 render seconds they could use to render this jetpack assassination?

http://www.bungie.net/Stats/Reach/FileDetails.aspx?fid=9095301&player=GeneralBotolf

T'would be most appreciated.

Rendering. ~*In HD.*~

GhaleonEB

enzo_gt said:
Because Bungie is only giving 750 credits for that feat that takes much more effort than other challenges worth 1000+ cR.
Ah, gotcha. I'll agree there. Still, it's an excuse to run a co-op game. Heroic co-op isn't so bad, you can tear through some levels pretty quick.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Requesting team only radar in doubles again. The little pointer icon for your team mate is wholly insufficient. :(

Shawn128

Blah. I can't get the linked up challenge to work again.

Been linked since Halo 2 days, I have the nameplate set, even tried changing it. No dice...can't get this challenge to register for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom