• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
No the video shows the camping armor lockers at 13 go to 25 which is 12 kills, while the red team gets up to 14 from 9 which is 5 kills.

Also notice red team starts to get kills when they decide to start using armor lock after realizing its a bit overpowered in that scenario (sword base camping a room with some power weapons)

Its just not the same as getting the first couple shots and being able to rush the room and break a setup cause you know you got the upper hand after a certain nade or enough shots advantage.

Also one of the greatest things in Halo is to overcome a battle when you're down shields and then be like ohhh shit get out br'd! That doesn't exist in Reach because all these armor lockers.

I barely use it but the thing requires like no skill, I used it a few days ago once and went like +11 I went something like 18-7 or so. Zealot DMR's 4v4s.

This game does need a barebones playlist.

Armor Lock video was exciting. Watching the guy beat the doubleteam was awesome. Opponents should have tried other AAs to break into that room. I didn't think the player whose video we were watching was using Armor Lock all that egregiously.

Azar

chess said:
It show's exactly why competitive halo gameplay is dead. I never said anything about players not dieing after using armor lock. This GAMEPLAY is not competive nor halo.
Hm. Weapons look like Halo. Spartans look like Halo. Sounds like Halo. Regenerating shield and health system like Halo. Two teams are trying to win the game by killing one another.

Pretty sure it's still Halo.

The elements you so dramatically complain about are just as much a part of Halo as any divergent gametypes. SWAT is still Halo, even without shields or any weapons but the BR/DMR. Infection is still Halo, even if it doesn't follow the typical team setup of a regular slayer game.

If by "competitive halo gameplay is dead" you mean "competitive halo gameplay is different," you're right. Otherwise, qq.

ElRenoRaven

Azar said:
Hm. Weapons look like Halo. Spartans look like Halo. Sounds like Halo. Regenerating shield and health system like Halo. Two teams are trying to win the game by killing one another.

Pretty sure it's still Halo.

The elements you so dramatically complain about are just as much a part of Halo as any divergent gametypes. SWAT is still Halo, even without shields or any weapons but the BR/DMR. Infection is still Halo, even if it doesn't follow the typical team setup of a regular slayer game.

If by "competitive halo gameplay is dead" you mean "competitive halo gameplay is different," you're right. Otherwise, qq.

Yup. Exactly. Looked pretty competitive to me. After all you guys were trying to kill each other right? You weren't just trying to hold hands and skip around the level right?

Then I'd call that competitive. I will say though the team outside the room were idiots. You die going in then I dunno wait them out. Force them to come out of the room to you maybe? Instead they kept trying to go into the room like lambs to the slaughter.

PsychoRaven said:
Yup. Exactly. Looked pretty competitive to me. After all you guys were trying to kill each other right? You weren't just trying to hold hands and skip around the level right?

Then I'd call that competitive. I will say though the team outside the room were idiots. You die going in then I dunno wait them out. Force them to come out of the room to you maybe? Instead they kept trying to go into the room like lambs to the slaughter.

Once they were 1 point ahead its pretty clear they would never leave the room. Again I havent watched the whole video, but if camping in a room all game is considered good exciting competative play I MUST be missing something. :lol

bobs99 ... said:
Once they were 1 point ahead its pretty clear they would never leave the room. Again I havent watched the whole video, but if camping in a room all game is considered good exciting competative play I MUST be missing something. :lol

This video that I didn't see could not have been competative because it doesn't fit with what I like.

bobs99 ... said:

Want to watch the damn thing before commenting on it again? :lol

In as much as the point of this vid is to show how AL breaks competitive Halo, this vid doesn't really do that.

In the vid, the POV player only uses AL effectively once, and I don't think his partner uses it to great effect at all. They held down that room because they out DMR'd, and out naded the other team. The design of that room doesn't help with camping either, what with it's two entrances. The only time that AL actually helps the winning team is when the POV player caught outside going for the GL he hammers it down to cover his ass. Other than that, the two guys just hold down the room while the other team rushes/doesn't flank, doesn't use power weapons effectively.

Ramirez

chess said:
It show's exactly why competitive halo gameplay is dead. I never said anything about players not dieing after using armor lock. This GAMEPLAY is not competive nor halo.

Doubles has always been a camping POS playlist with no real skill involved, news at 11. AL or no AL...

Presco

chess said:

Pretty much. That gameplay is nauseating.

To be fair, it's not always that bad. But that particular example was rough. Sad thing is, when I've played Arena doubles, I've found myself playing in a similar campy manner.

LosDaddie

Banned
Help me out with this one, HaloGAF:

Weekly Challenge: 3000cR

CrackshotKill 70 enemies with sniper rifle headshots in Nightfall on Heroic.

Some of you were saying how easy & fast it was to get earlier this week. I'd like to know what you guys did.

Falt said:
Blastin' and Relaxin' - 2000cR
Kill 180 enemies in any game mode in Reach.

Covenant-cide - 500cR
Kill 60 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

Close Talking - 300cR
Earn 20 kills with close quarters combat in multiplayer Matchmaking.

Nice. If I'm able to get these and the Weekly Challenge done, I should get at least 8k Cr tonight. Not bad for about 1.5hrs of gaming

joaomgcd

Dax01 said:
Cool, but what are MP points? Credits?

Those were supposed to be the Credits you got so far yeah, I forgot what they were called earlier:lol ... But it's wrong right now, I'll have to fix it.

Ramirez

Meh to NR loadouts, because I know this means plasma nade starts, which means scrubs will just pick it to run into your face and stick you. Sticking in this game is so much easier than in the past, it's like they heat seek or something, weird.

GhaleonEB

Ramirez said:
Meh to NR loadouts, because I know this means plasma nade starts, which means scrubs will just pick it to run into your face and stick you. Sticking in this game is so much easier than in the past, it's like they heat seek or something, weird.
And how do you know that? Did you stop reading after that bullet or something? In the post, he specifically states:

Only 1 frag grenade for all loadouts​

The important bit being "all loadouts".

Ramirez

GhaleonEB said:
And how do you know that? In the post, he specifically states:

Only 1 frag grenade for all loadouts​

The important bit being "all loadouts".

We'll see. Frag nades don't appear in any of the other NR loadouts (spartan or elite gametypes), that's what I'm basing it off of.

Ramirez said:

In Halo 3 it was much easier to stick people IMO (from a distance, it is easier now to get in someones face and do it which takes less skill)

chess

Ramirez said:

* Only 1 frag grenade for all loadouts

It's definitely an improvement. The MLG list is coming as well.

bobs99 ... said:
Can any kind American do me a favour? Ordering the Reach map pack from Gamestop nets you a flaming helmet effect:

http://www.joystiq.com/2010/11/12/pre-order-halo-reach-noble-maps-at-gamestop-for-flaming-helmet/

Could anyone thats got Legendary and planning to get the map pack from Gamestop send the flaming helmet code this way? Sorry if this sounds like begging, but it seems win win. :D

This says avatar award flaming helmet. Wasn't the Legendary helmet an in game one?

Kuroyume

Banned
Please do it for Multi Team. Armor Lock needs to be removed from there more so than anywhere else.

As for stickies, it always feels like they're easier in the new game than the previous one.

- Remove Armor Lock
- Remove Rocket Race
- Remove Headhunter
- Remove Atom
- Elite Slayer weighted less

LosDaddie

Banned
Louis Wu said:
Here's one way:

http://halo.bungie.org/news.html?item=31730

(The newspost summarizes the info available - one guy explained how to get it in a couple of minutes, another guy actually filmed it. Pretty funny film.)

(Edited - wrong URL the first time)

Thanks. Seems kinds tricky though.

How did you complete the challenge?

Blergmeister said:
This says avatar award flaming helmet. Wasn't the Legendary helmet an in game one?

I just called my local GS and the clerk thought it was a IN-GAME thing, but he didn't know for sure. He said their DLC pre-order bonuses have mainly been PS HOme/XBL Avatar stuff...nothing in-game lately.

I hope Bungie clarifies this soon. I'll definitely pre-order the map pack if it's an in-game thing.

zumphry

Banned
LosDaddie said:
Help me out with this one, HaloGAF:

Some of you were saying how easy & fast it was to get earlier this week. I'd like to know what you guys did.

What I did was kill the first Elite and Grunts that were sleeping (with assassinations), then go to the first area after that and just kill the four Ranger Elites over and over again. If that gets boring after awhile, headshots on any type of enemy work (besides the Guta)

But the method Mr. Wu posted from HBO is faster, I'd bet.

Has anybody been getting laggier matches for the past few days? I swear, most of my games as of late have seen a lot of people with red bars and lots of stuttering from the game.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Dax01 said:
Has anybody been getting laggier matches for the past few days? I swear, most of my games as of late have seen a lot of people with red bars and lots of stuttering from the game.
Stuttering from host switch is the worst, ever since I complained here I've actually gotten less(if any) laggy games.

U2NUMB

Just found a card I got with my Reach Console for a Recon helmet... not sure if anyone still needs / wants this but PM me and ill give the code to the first person who does.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
http://www.mlgpro.com/content/content_alert/319459/Download-Official-Halo-Reach-MLG-Game-Types-v2-0

Huge changes here.

MLG said:
The latest official MLG Halo: Reach Game Types, v2.0, are now available for download. MLG has made numerous tweaks, changes and additions for this version. Some highlights include:

* There are now 16 Game Types, as compared to the seven included in v1
* We've added Sprint as starting equipment
* Armor Lock and Hologram are gone
* Evade has been added as a pickup

Sprint off the start, lower run speed. Tons of Gametypes added including 1 flag Countdown and Territories Countdown. Sooooo weird.

Raide

I still think that making AL the pickup would have made things more interesting than Evade. Since everyone knows its OP, it would make an interesting AA for teams to fight over. :lol

Hmm not sure I want Sprint and lower movement speed in MLG. Although it will make picking up armour abilities a little bit more interesting now that you have to sacrifice Sprint.

To be fair, Sprint and Evade arent all that different, what are the other pickups? I remember Jetpack being one?

Either way, I would prefer no sprint and a higher base movement speed, its just better for strafing and stuff, sprint is a bit one dimensional compared to that.

Top five most satisfying weapons in Reach:

5. Shotgun
4. DMR
3. Sniper
2. Grenade Launcher
1. Magnum

Tashi0106 said:
Tons of Gametypes added including 1 flag Countdown and Territories Countdown.
Glad to see MLG know what the best map is.

Louis Wu

LosDaddie said:
Thanks. Seems kinds tricky though.

How did you complete the challenge?
I just played the level normally, until I ran out of sniper bullets - then reverted to save. Had to do this 2 or three times to hit the 70. Took 20 minutes instead of 2 - but was pretty straightforward, and fun. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom