• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis Wu said:
I just played the level normally, until I ran out of sniper bullets - then reverted to save. Had to do this 2 or three times to hit the 70. Took 20 minutes instead of 2 - but was pretty straightforward, and fun. :)
U cud have dun it faster noob..... it a dumb challenge ne1 jus grind da first elite,,,easy credits ,,bungle realy need 2 fix cR system or just let us boost finaly :lol :lol :lol :lol

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
Alienshogun said:
Wut? Tashi did you share this?

Surprised MLG is going to COD now too. Didn't expect that.

Here's hoping that Reach MLG list hits soon.

Edit: fixed my messup.

I didn't see that. Is that for the Pro Circuit or just Gamebattles?

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
cuevas said:
CoD has always had a competitive community on the PC so it's not really that surprising.

Yea and there's always been a spot on Gamebattles for those games but there hasn't been one on the Pro Circuit. I don't think it's been added the Pro Circuit. Not only did the game just come out but whenever a game is added to the Pro Circuit MLG usually makes a big deal out of it.

I honestly thought Modern Warfare was gonna get picked just because they're so popular. I guess not though.

Sai-kun

Banned
I'm always hesitant posting stuff like this, but just so you guys know, if you pre-order the Noble map pack DLC at GameStop, you get a flaming Mark V helmet for your avatar :0

Brolic Gaoler

formerly Alienshogun
Sai-kun said:
I'm always hesitant posting stuff like this, but just so you guys know, if you pre-order the Noble map pack DLC at GameStop, you get a flaming Mark V helmet for your avatar :0

It's just painted flames on the sides.

Gui_PT

Before Luke showed off his adults only tool-set, I’d thought the challenges were mostly set in stone. Not the case. Over time, we’ll be able to roll out additional challenges and scale the payouts for the existing set to track with trending overall player progress.

Yes

MrDaravon

Thank Fucking God about the Challenges. I'd still like to have some sort of explanation on some of the weird shit like the ridiculous one yesterday and why that kind of obvious stuff can't be fixed (apparently) on the fly, but long-term it's good to know there's hope for improvement. I will say that as the community starts to hit higher ranks and gets increasingly larger Game Complete bonuses I hope they start to increase the amount that Challenges are worth and remove/raise the daily cR cap, or just don't have Challenge cR count towards that. Challenges tend to roughly average around 4-5k a day, and I clear that much on average in 3 matchmaking games. Throw in a couple easy ones, but I'd like to see one or two Challenges each day that are worth more but are a little on the tougher or more time consuming side; same thing for the Weekly Challenge, those things should be worth like 10k.

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
SailorDaravon said:
Thank Fucking God about the Challenges. I'd still like to have some sort of explanation on some of the weird shit like the ridiculous one yesterday and why that kind of obvious stuff can't be fixed (apparently) on the fly, but long-term it's good to know there's hope for improvement. I will say that as the community starts to hit higher ranks and gets increasingly larger Game Complete bonuses I hope they start to increase the amount that Challenges are worth and remove/raise the daily cR cap, or just don't have Challenge cR count towards that. Challenges tend to roughly average around 4-5k a day, and I clear that much on average in 3 matchmaking games. Throw in a couple easy ones, but I'd like to see one or two Challenges each day that are worth more but are a little on the tougher or more time consuming side; same thing for the Weekly Challenge, those things should be worth like 10k.

WE GET IT YOU LIKE CHALLENGES DAMN

So I wonder what the new thing is that Urk mentioned at the end of the update, he makes it sound amazing but I cant think of anything they could add to a game post release, or any type of data tracked stat that could make bnet better. I hope its something new and exciting.

Also Arena changes, potential grab bag playlist and MLG playlist looks promising I might have found a reason to play a lot more Reach all of a sudden. :p

Achronos

Any systems admin will tell you that you have defined maintenance times and proper procedures to protect yourself from hosing the servers when you're dealing with this kind of complex system. There's just too many ways it can go wrong to be cavalier about changing things.

SailorDaravon said:
why that kind of obvious stuff can't be fixed (apparently) on the fly

Roche

ZayneH said:
Solo, Legendary, All-Skulls On.

Masochists need only apply.

I did about three levels in Halo 3 on SLASO, it was probably the toughest challenge I've ever taken on in a shooter, funnily enough though the missions I did were considered the "easy missions".
If they start giving us SLASO challenges they better make sure they're worth a lot of credits.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Great teasing update. Happy to hear that the challenges aren't as baked in as was said previously - I need a few hundred thousand cR to get a certain helmet and appreciate the "assistance". =)

Season 4 of the Arena actually sounds like a great improvement - having S4, MLG and the DLC in December should make for some festive slaying fun.

And whatever "it" is.

Since I'be brought up the issue of voting before, any chance, Urk, you could spill the beans and provide us with some shareable statistics - anything at all?

urk

butthole fishhooking yes
Dani said:
Since I'be brought up the issue of voting before, any chance, Urk, you could spill the beans and provide us with some shareable statistics - anything at all?

Voting data is typically held as sacrosanct. What were you looking for?

urk said:
Man, you should see the essays he is posting on other boards.

Also, Arena Season 4 = best Arena Season yet! The best playlist keeps on getting better! Why would you ever need another playlist!

MrDaravon

urk said:

Sorry for trying to post a short and polite post of feedback like your update asks for.

Achronos said:
Any systems admin will tell you that you have defined maintenance times and proper procedures to protect yourself from hosing the servers when you're dealing with this kind of complex system. There's just too many ways it can go wrong to be cavalier about changing things.

True, to be clear I was referring to more general things like why they've the same Challenge fluctuate in cR value, or why sometimes stupid easy Challenges are worth a lot and really hard/lengthy ones are worth jack (at least in comparison). Or why the 20 Firefight Round one existed as a Daily (especially when the Weekly was worth the same and a million times easier/shorter), etc. They have also made some changes once or twice in the middle of a day to fix some Challenges which actually is surprising, as I agree once it's up it seems like that'd be highly difficult/not worth it to address.

Shake Appeal said:
Man, you should see the essays he is posting on other boards.

Also, Arena Season 4 = best Arena Season yet! The best playlist keeps on getting better! Why would you ever need another playlist!

See, this is why you're so excited, the playlist you like sounds like it keeps getting more awesome, while the ones I play not so much :/. Also my post was mostly matchmaking specific issues and recommendations I had and you know it.

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
urk said:

Nothing too specific as I imagine the data is held tight for good reason but would there be any interesting trends you could share? Any tidbits which we might find interesting or counter to any of our assumptions?

Any chance you could give us an example of how the voting is used when considering playlist changes?

In all honesty I could easily make up a detailed list of questions I'd like to ask but I imagine you'd be unable to answer any of them.

GhaleonEB

urk said:
Way back when, one of the BWU's had a graph showing the most popular custom game maps from Halo 2, with Lockout dominating the pie. I thought something like that, even if it's not matchmaking, would be neat. Or a nugget like, what's the most popular map in X playlist. We hear a lot of conventional wisdom ("everyone hates that map") and I suspect a lot of it is contradicted by the voting data.

Nice update. My ears (among other things) perked up at the thought of a Grab Bag playlist for Firefight. If Score Attack is dominating my time now, I'd never leave the house when that gets up and running.

Look forward to "it". The web team rolled out some very nice post-launch features for Halo 3, so I'm really looking forward to what they're cooking up this time around.

Would "it" also make my Spartan appear on bungie.net? :(

Trasher

Sanskrit said:
5. Splatter
4. Sniper Rifle
3. Shotgun
2. Grenade Launcher
1. Beam Rifle
Interesting how a weapon that doesn't exist in Reach is the most satisfying one in the entire game. Nice troll!
lawl

Trasher

Captain Blood said:
It might not be the legit beam rifle but it is a rifle that shoots a beam.
Do not disgrace the Focus Rifle!

ghostbusters.jpg

Also, Blood, I'm surprised that someone who doesn't even play Reach knows the real name of the weapon!
<3

feel

Still having tons of fun with Reach online. Team Slayer playlist at least, mindless fun without pressure. Regular slayer or DMRs on SwordBase/Zealot/Countdown/Boardwalk/Reflection is pure joy for me, specially when I'm playing with at least one good friend I can coordinate a bit and have some laughs with. I felt the need to post this because this thread gives the impressions that nobody actually enjoys the game. So there, at least one person likes it.

urk said:
:lol

Slightly Live

Dirty tag dodger
Letters said:
I felt the need to post this because this thread gives the impressions that nobody actually enjoys the game. So there, at least one person likes it.

I'm playing every night if I can find the time. Sure there's plenty of room for criticism but it's still Halo.

I think you'll find the most ardent fans ask the toughest questions.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
Still having tons of fun with Reach online. Team Slayer playlist at least, mindless fun without pressure. Regular slayer or DMRs on SwordBase/Zealot/Countdown/Boardwalk/Reflection is pure joy for me, specially when I'm playing with at least one good friend I can coordinate a bit and have some laughs with. I felt the need to post this because this thread gives the impressions that nobody actually enjoys the game. So there, at least one person likes it.
I played multi-team today with a friend today and had fun, there is your people are enjoying the game feedback.

Just because I'm having fun doesn't mean I shouldn't talk about certain issues I'm having with the game.
Dani said:
I'm playing every night if I can find the time. Sure there's plenty of room for criticism but it's still Halo.

Definitely.

MrDaravon

Dani said:

Pretty much. I just hit Brigadier, Robot Helmet GET! :D

feel

Plywood said:
I played multi-team today with a friend today and had fun, there is your people are enjoying the game feedback.

Just because I'm having fun doesn't mean I shouldn't talk about certain issues I'm having with the game.
Just saying that it wouldn't hurt for people to occasionally actually express their positive thoughts, instead of bypassing that and only posting the complaints.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
SailorDaravon said:
Pretty much. I just hit Brigadier, Robot Helmet GET! :D
The GUNGNIR helmet looked so cool at first and after seeing it in game and in more media, it began looking more and more weird to me. I think I'm going to get the Mk VI instead.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Letters said:
Just saying that it wouldn't hurt for people to occasionally actually express their positive thoughts, instead of bypassing that and only posting the complaints.
The last couple of pages though negative in tone I thought actually gave a lot of nice feedback. Ultimately, the negative is posted in hopes of there being more positive to come.

welp seems like they're still not going to do shit about my fav playlists BTB and invasion. i wish they would just acknowledge some of the issues but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen either.

Damn, I go on for one match in Team Slayer and I get a guy bitching at me for "stealing kills" and then he goes and betrays me twice and I boot him :lol

Sends me a message afterward saying, "Just wanna say that you're garbage." :lol :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom