• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Remember R E A C H |OT2|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
K so I'm all alone, 4v1 in an Arena match right now. And, it's really laggy. I'm down 5, don't think I can come back. Should I quit or take the beating for the next 8 minutes?

NH Apache

Banned
Tashi0106 said:
K so I'm all alone, 4v1 in an Arena match right now. And, it's really laggy. I'm down 5, don't think I can come back. Should I quit or take the beating for the next 8 minutes?

wOA8a.jpg

Ramirez

Man, the framerate in this game made me want to throw up after playing BO, same thing happened to me with 3/COD4 though, takes me a day or two to readjust to the game...:|

First game in a week or so and I get matched up against a team of 4 with 3 randoms, we get pooped on, everyone quits mid way through, so I quit since there was like 8 minutes left and 20+ kills to go, guess there goes my jackpot chances again, sigh. The Cage is an absolute dreadful map, sheesh.

I did realize that I missed the game a bit, as much fun as I'm having with BO, it's still nice to have a game where you need to have a little coordination and teamwork to be truly successful.

I have about -2 friends playing Reach these days, so add TJ Ram if you play often and are decent at the game, always up for Objective/Slayer.

Thermite

Ramirez said:
Man, the framerate in this game made me want to throw up after playing BO, same thing happened to me with 3/COD4 though, takes me a day or two to readjust to the game...:|

First game in a week or so and I get matched up against a team of 4 with 3 randoms, we get pooped on, everyone quits mid way through, so I quit since there was like 8 minutes left and 20+ kills to go, guess there goes my jackpot chances again, sigh. The Cage is an absolute dreadful map, sheesh.

I did realize that I missed the game a bit, as much fun as I'm having with BO, it's still nice to have a game where you need to have a little coordination and teamwork to be truly successful.

I have about -2 friends playing Reach these days, so add TJ Ram if you play often and are decent at the game, always up for Objective/Slayer.

Mad.

Raide

Gunslinger 1500cR
Kill 150 enemies in multiplayer Matchmaking.

One Spartan Army 2500cR
Kill 250 enemies in Firefight Matchmaking.

...Is a Virtue 1000cR
Score 15,000 points in any Campaign mission with less than 3 deaths.

Climb Points Mountain 2000cR
Score 1,000,000 points on any Firefight map.

I guess today is the day I try and get people together for a legit run at the FF 1m achievement.

Letters said:
So there, at least one person likes it.
In 3 years, I played ~3,400 games of Halo 3.

In 2 months, I have played ~1,000 games of Reach.

Raide said:
This is the one I just won't get. Without using an Achievement Map, I have no idea how you get anywhere near 1m.:lol
Four people. Firefight Classic. A few hours.

Raide

Shake Appeal said:
I guess today is the day I try and get people together for a legit run at the FF 1m achievement.

This is the one I just won't get. Without using an Achievement Map, I have no idea how you get anywhere near 1m.:lol

Kuroyume

Banned
I did the 250k one or whatever it was a while back by myself and it took like close to two hours. I can't play games in one sitting for that long because I get restless. I can't imagine playing long enough to get 1m.

WickedLaharl said:
welp seems like they're still not going to do shit about my fav playlists BTB and invasion. i wish they would just acknowledge some of the issues but it doesn't look like that's gonna happen either.
What "shit" do you want them to do with both playlists? I play Invasion a lot, and aside from more maps, I don't see how Bungie can improve the playlist at all (aside from making Spire appear more often than Boneyard).

Raide

Gui_PT said:
That can be done in custom firefight, right? :lol

I am guessing so, since it does not say MatchMaking.

Infinite Fuel Rod Goooooooooooooooo!

If I can get some people together later, I might give it a shot. I have the basic 50k Achieve, so it will be good to pick up the others. :D

Gui_PT

Raide said:

If I can get some people together later, I might give it a shot. I have the basic 50k Achieve, so it will be good to pick up the others. :D

I'm game.

Ramirez said:

Sounds like me in that old H3 thread after my MW2 affair.

One day though I hope to be able to play Halo in ~60fps. (Black Ops fps drops like Reach's but its much higher)

Falt

Raide said:

If you need a spot filled, count me in. GT: Falt IV

MrBig

xxjuicesxx said:

One day though I hope to be able to play Halo in ~60fps. (Black Ops fps drops like Reach's but its much higher)
PC port pls. Make it happen 343.
(I'd be much happier if Bungie's next game came out on PC :D )

xxjuicesxx said:

The saddest thing is higher framerate actually reduce input latency and so make games more pleasant to control. :(

The weirdest thing about Reach (and Halo 3) is how committed Bungie are to doing everything 'right' (i.e. with the way they do rain/fog, or the strength of their lighting) instead of cutting corners like every other developer does to fool the eye.

I wouldn't even mind so much if the game was a constant 30fps, but it isn't, even in multiplayer. Forge World maps, even Bungie-made Forge World maps, are the worst offenders. Scope with any weapon on Asylum in the wrong places and bleggghhhhh. It gets to the point of affecting your aim.

Devolution said:
Requesting a render from anyone who is willing to do it =).

Here is the link.

Lesson: don't interrupt our dance parties.
I love how you can hear the grenade launcher firing right before my name pops up with a kill. 150-0 Oddball games are so sweet. :D

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Tashi0106 said:
You are not alone.

Thankfully those games are so few and far.
Ramirez said:

Added.

Upgraded to Silver today, finally.

Doing this Campaign points Challenge by doing Winter Contingency SL with Iron, Tilt, and Thunderstorm on.

It's fun, and I'm trying to get one more Flawless Cowboy for the next Commendation at the same time.

Plywood said:
You are not alone.

Thankfully those games are so few and far.
Yeah, it's bad when this happens, and I've been lucky with it not happening this season. If it's any consolation, it doesn't matter whether you go 700 or 1100 if you're finishing below the other team, so it's not hurting you to stick around. And on the rare occasion where they have one really bad player and you can sneak into fourth by trading deaths against the odds, it's all the better.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Shake Appeal said:
Yeah, it's bad when this happens, and I've been lucky with it not happening this season. If it's any consolation, it doesn't matter whether you go 700 or 1100 if you're finishing below the other team, so it's not hurting you to stick around. And on the rare occasion where they have one really bad player and you can sneak into fourth by trading deaths against the odds, it's all the better.
For the record even though it wasn't arena I still try to stay even though it can get annoying. Especially cause I care about my k/d like I've made a metagame out of it. :[

This is eating me up inside.

GhaleonEB

Anyone want to do a legit (that would be normal settings) run on the 1m Challenge/Achievement today?
Gui_PT said:
If you end up needing someone to fill a spot, let me know. Sounds like fun.
Well right now it's just me. :p

Hm I did a custom Firefight match. Got the 1m achievement but not the challenge. Do you have to finish the game or something? I had a guest signed in, not a local account.

GhaleonEB

Grimm Fandango said:
Hm I did a custom Firefight match. Got the 1m achievement but not the challenge. Do you have to finish the game or something? I had a guest signed in, not a local account.
Ruh-roh. Looks like your team got 1.6m but didn't get the Challenge.

I wonder if you have to get 1m just by yourself, not the team score. 0_o

Ghaleon, I'd be willing to endure the run with you until 1 million points have been reached (for both of us, I guess).

Campaign challenge today will be awesome fun.

MrDaravon

Good stuff today. Can anyone who's done the 1 million in Firefight legitimately comment on how long it takes and how hard it was? I would potentially be down for at least giving it a go since I already have the Achievement (so no pressure), but if it's super hard or takes like 3 or 4 hours I don't know about that :lol

Grimm Fandango said:
Yeah looks like you yourself have to score the 1m, not the combined team score.

Oh shit, seriously? Never mind then :lol

Also got my first Onyx Matchmaking Commendation last night in the same game I got Brigadier (Close Quarters), which I feel is actually a pretty good representation of how I tend to play the game, so that was pretty cool.

Shake Appeal said:

In that case its kinda breaking the formulae a bit. If at the start of a game your enemies whole team drops out odds are that theres someone on your team who will rarely see him and actually come lower than him in terms of arena rating.

I really do think that if your whole team drops that the game should give both teams an option to end the game there and then. Its about as much fun playing hide and seek and hoping to get a kill as it is hiding and hoping to not die. I actually remember them talking about giving people on theyre own special load outs or the ability to surrender matches, so im suprised that didnt come to fruition.

Azar

When I did the 200,000 point challenge legit with friends in FF Classic, it was achieved once we hit 200k as a group. No way the three of us played long enough to get up to 600k.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Sai-kun said:
It took me like 25 minutes D: shoulda been faster but I messed up a wave.
On what map is this best to do it on? I did the 1000000 on Beachhead before only because it spawns lots of enemies, but is there a more optimal map to do it on?

The million took me 45 minutes on beach head. I used the Rocket Launcher too, maybe I should've used fuel rod?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom